It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham footage: £2,000,000 (3.2 million dollars)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
What a douche! What an awful crock.

Everything about this has retarded written all over it.

"Definitely NOT Chinese lanterns!"

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
Instead, you could become the proud (?) owner of footage which, from the description, is quite possibly simply of more Chinese Lanterns (although the description does say "Definitely NOT Chinese lanterns!" and the use of capital letters may prove what is said there...).
When a youtube video goes out of its way to say what something is NOT, an amazing percentage of the time, apparently the object in the video is exactly what the promoter claims it's not.

So now whenever I see a UFO video claiming it's not Chinese lanterns, my first thought is "I wonder if it's just Chinese lanterns?"

It would be nice if someone had some footage of the 1980 incident, that could sure help to answer a lot of questions, but even that I'm not sure would be worth millions, and the Chinese lanterns-NOT video definitely isn't worth it.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Ok, I've heard a bit more from the seller and had permission to repost online. I'll include my posts as well, so you can see what questions were answered (and which were not).

Hi, I am a barrister in England with an interest in UFOs. Your item (and the asking price of £2,000,000) caught my eye. Are you serious about that price? From the description, it does sound like it is probably footage of Chinese Lanterns. I know you say in the item description that the footage isn't of Chinese Lanterns, but could you expand a little on your reasons for that view? Do you mind if I post your answers on a UFO discussion forum? All the best, Isaac

Originally posted by 1957newlife
hi thanks for your message, i will pass you message on to my friend, i will come back with an answer as soon as possible, i can comfirm if you watch the film like i have you can see they are not repeat not chinese laterns, if your willing to meet the seller to watch the film first hand, but i would advise you to be sitting down first!! can i say more!!

While that response made me think I might be able to watch the footage (and I have not directly offered to go to see it yet, so that may remain a possibility - albeit possibly more effort than the description warrants...), the next response was a bit less encouraging:

hi thanks for your message, i just rang my friend and this is his responce to you, if you filmed something you could prove with out a doubt was not a chinese lantern and proberly did not originate from this planet, what would you do with it? i can tell you while filming them i was wowed what i was looking at! i would like to tell you more but i feel completely Confident than what you are seeing is real and the buyer can openly see this, kind regards

After checking that I could report the responses here, I got another message:

hi i just rang my friend and you are free to post to the forum, he is very interested in ufos himself and he was a total sceptic like millons of people on this planet untill he filmed these objects, living so close to rendlsham forest and knowing all the people involved in the 1980s sighting are now living in the usa thousands of miles away and only living a few miles away gave him more incentive to go out and look on there behalf to help them prove there case that they where not lieing on there encounter with ufos this film clearly proves this!

I have said that I'll pass on an indication of the responses to the question posed to me/us: " you filmed something you could prove with out a doubt was not a chinese lantern and proberly did not originate from this planet, what would you do with it?"

I currently remain of my initial view : the seller is quite possibly sincere but is mistaken and actually just has footage of Chinese Lanterns.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
He mentions 'if purchased by scientists',

Well as he believes this is the real thing wouldn't it make sense to give it to scientists and experts first to examine and give a testimony on what it is, people might be more willing to pay for it.

What would he lose by letting experts have a look in private? That would be the first thing I would do if I had what looked liked proof of ET visitation.

As others have said here, there are numerous video clips available for free, he must be mad to think scientists or anyone would hand over (or even have) a few spare million for his video....or maybe he's seeking publicity and knows his price is ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
If every registered user on ATS give 20 dollars we can buy it

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

... if your willing to meet the seller to watch the film first hand, but i would advise you to be sitting down first!! can i say more!!

So he has the smoking gun and refuses to provide any stills, clips, teasers online as the film is...

...currently kept at a secure place and will need authorisation to be removed from its location.

But what the hell, pop around for a cuppa and watch the film.

Pot, kettle, black and all that jazz, his spelling and grammar is atrowshouss.

edit on 26-7-2011 by dsm1664 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2011 by dsm1664 because: tiding up

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
My mother always said to never trust a person who cannot use a spell check function.

Also if anyone is even considering purchasing this so called UFO video for any dollar figure close to what is asked then I have some magic beans for sale which I will be offering for sale on Ebay

Feel free to get in touch.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mark_Frost
My mother always said to never trust a person who cannot use a spell check function.

Also if anyone is even considering purchasing this so called UFO video for any dollar figure close to what is asked then I have some magic beans for sale which I will be offering for sale on Ebay

Feel free to get in touch.

How much?

If you send them me buy postal,, i transfer money buy Western Union;
edit on 26-7-2011 by dsm1664 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
there is stills in the ebay listing?
i just offered to turn up with a crate of lager and have a good drink and a smoke and watch the video with them as i aint got 2 mil to offer ;-)
i would love to see it if it was 100% genuine though !

I wonder how long it takes till the ad gets removed some high up government suits turn up and TAKE IT ?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Guys, don't offer anything. Are all 3 offers from ATS'ers? LOL! A real UFO video is only worth what the analysis proves it is worth. I've messaged the seller and suggested he post the video freely for dissection by the community. If it turns out to be something incredible the original video could still be worth a (small) fortune to him, but not until it's been seen and only an ET tea bagging the lens would be worth 2 million!

Clearly this is somebody who doesn't watch many UFO sightings online, or doesn't realize how common 'orb' sightings are. But I'd like to see the footage nonetheless, I suspect (because he states 'many people' believe it's chinese lanterns) it's nothing we haven't seen before, probably are lanterns, but let's try and get it over here for a proper discussion. 2 million... rofl.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Yes, £2,000,000 is a bit rich no matter what he claims he has.

I would want a personally guided tour of the craft by 7 of 9 in her birthday suit for this amount,
chew the fat and have a cuppa tea, coffee, enzyme with the occupants,
and at least 20 trips through a stargate thrown in.

I did make a meagre offer but it was rejected.

Will monitor this though.
Thanks Isaac for bringing it to our attention.
edit on 26/7/11 by Donegal_TDI because: typo

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
oh dear - sometime in the last 3 hours the seller has switched the " auction " to private sale - mode

seems to me he is going on the defensive / evasive route - i bet £10 quid that mr koi doesnt get any usefull replies to his questions

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
What a crock of BS. I have had a look and if you were selling something for £2m, I think you would want to give a better description and stills than the poor attempt here.

We are just discussing this at work and this guy needs his head testing!

4 offers as well!

Will watch how this pans out

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pr0t0
only an ET tea bagging the lens would be worth 2 million!

Ewww, i think I would pay not to watch that thanks!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
For that amount of money I don't think I'd invest in a blurry film , for that amount I'd invest in a real , flyable alien spacecraft, but no way for a dodgy film thats probably CGI.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

You could contact him and write that "your investors" are willing to pay the amount, given that he provides several very clear stills for a preview and/or a few seconds of the footage as proof that they really get something important in return.

Reason being that there is GREED in play and i dont think he would refuse if he is made believe someone would really pay that much money.

Even if the whole thing is absurd, even if someone *were* to actually buy the footage it would be a reasonable request.

Add:

Why is the seller a fool?

Because he thinks UFO investigators and researchers lack "good" footage..which clearly is not the case. If there is an abundance in UFO research then its TONS of footage which exists, some bad, some decent..some stunning....so the money demand is utterly absurd. He obviously does not know that?

Also..its odd that he somehow reveals "could clearly see what it is"....but doesn't use this in his sales-pitch. If i were to shoot footage and i am CONVINCED its alien craft etc..i personally would make sure to sell it as such...and not as "footage of some lights"

The available footage of lights at night, especially orange ones...heck there are ZILLIONS available...probably the most common kind of sightings.
edit on 26-7-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Item has now gone, maybe he taped over it

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
OK, own up, come clean, who bought it?

Or did he get a visit from the MIB?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Cant someone get the guy to come over here and give us a little talk about it?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
reply to post by DataWraith

You could contact him and write that "your investors" are willing to pay the amount, given that he provides several very clear stills for a preview and/or a few seconds of the footage as proof that they really get something important in return.

Reason being that there is GREED in play and i dont think he would refuse if he is made believe someone would really pay that much money.

Even if the whole thing is absurd, even if someone *were* to actually buy the footage it would be a reasonable request.

Add:

Why is the seller a fool?

Because he thinks UFO investigators and researchers lack "good" footage..which clearly is not the case. If there is an abundance in UFO research then its TONS of footage which exists, some bad, some decent..some stunning....so the money demand is utterly absurd. He obviously does not know that?

Also..its odd that he somehow reveals "could clearly see what it is"....but doesn't use this in his sales-pitch. If i were to shoot footage and i am CONVINCED its alien craft etc..i personally would make sure to sell it as such...and not as "footage of some lights"

The available footage of lights at night, especially orange ones...heck there are ZILLIONS available...probably the most common kind of sightings.
edit on 26-7-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

I would really like to know flexy123 what video footage that currently exists you would consider stunning?
Links would be greatly appreciated.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join