It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Racist Conspiracy? Why are we taught that Black Africans never formed or ruled Ancient Egypt?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
People who think that they are defined by the people around them are sad.

There are some great things about neo-european inspired cultures. There are some less than great things about neo-european cultures. I am glad to be of the humanity I came from. I don't need to denigrate others to assure and pat myself to prove it.

Sad whimpy boys, who can only hope that they might be able to bask in the sunshine thrown by those who were too busy to be as stupidly obsessed about their perfection only in comparison to others who have "other" traits.

Most of these guys come from a background of farmers. Not great builders. Your ancestors lived in (or you still live in) uninsulated 700 square foot houses. You don't design cultures. You barely manage to balance your cheque book and make dinner.

Your worship of "European" culture is a worship of European ARISTOCRACY. Not your ancestors.

Egyptians were farmers too. Most monuments around the world were built buy agricultural societies, because they had time to build stuff.
edit on 26-7-2011 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Nature never strikes twice.....Im sure you guys know that one. Humans did not evolve from other humans, this just sounds rediculous. So no!! Aeon Humans did not evolve every where. MODERN-THINKING man originated in Africa.

Does the truth really hurt that much???? You guys are so adamant that Egypt did not have so called 'black' people ruling are you serious. Adaptation will shut all the kids up. There are very few so called "white" dynasty's in Egypt. If there were due to LAWS of adaptation THEY WERE NOT INDIGENOUS to Egypt. As long as light is involved Eumelanin will always be present. It exist in ALL living things. Albino's or people with a high concentration of pheomelanin is a result of harsh climates that no longer exist to day. Those climates were not in Africa.....And I will like to add Egypt and other african civilizations existed while europe and other place were still under ice.

I can't even think of one scenario, where a condition would be created that would allow someone without eumelanin to exist in anywhere in the NILE VALLEY!!!!!!!

FINAL ANSWER:
THE AUTOCHTHONS OR INDIGENOUS PEOPLE OF 'KEMET' (Egypt) COULD NOT HAVE BEEN WHITE. IF YOU UNDERSTAND KEMET (Egypt) PROPERLY ONE WILL UNDERSTAND, KEMET (EGYPT) WAS A PORT OF AN EVEN GREATER CIVILIZATION WHICH EXISTED BEFORE THE CONDITIONS WERE PRESENT THAT ALLOWED THE HALT ON THE PRODUCTION OF EUMELANIN-WHICH IS THE ICE AGE. THERE IS NOT ENOUGH TIME FOR AN NON-INDIGENOUS 'ANYTHING' TO ESTABLISH A CIVILIZATION SO VAST AND IDENTICAL IN FASHION AND SPIRITUALITY AS THOSE IN WEST AFRICA WHICH ARE FAR OLDER!!!!

Foolish proud lions can spoil the Pride.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
THE FACT IS

WHEN THEY HAD PYRAMIDS
EUROPE LIVED IN MUD HUTS....AND CAVES.

NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.....

peace

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I didn't say they were white.

I said they were Greek.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

No offense here, but you seem to be the one with the Race Problem. The question you should ask yourself is, why does skin color matter at all?

Until we reach the point that skin color is no longer mentioned in civil discourse, there will be a Race problem. For that to happen all sides must set skin color aside.

Racism is trying to die out but there are still many who refuse to let it die. The cry of Racism has become a crutch.

Not to worry though as new hates have stepped up to the plate to take Racism's place. I think Hitlers old standby of hatred of those who are not physically perfect is infecting society in a big, big way.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster
reply to post by Aeons

According to the website, the statue itself dates back to the Old Kingdom of Egypt. I can't say for certain but from my artistic background I don't see any signs that this was painted over with a lighter color to hide a "darker" past. I would image very little has been done to restore the original paint as opposed to preserving it.

And even with a darker tone of paint, I still don't see the african features. Still, this is only one example, many other pieces show similar characteristics and colors.

They span many looks, from being in a natural migratory route. There are artworks that look like Nubians, and others that look like Jordanians.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
THE FACT IS
WHEN THEY HAD PYRAMIDS
peace

This alone should have us questioning certain aspects of traditional history.

Nothing is what it seems to be.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
THE FACT IS

WHEN THEY HAD PYRAMIDS

peace

Because a migratory culture was the adaptive culture appropriate to the climate of the time in that area.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

Originally posted by kykweer
Zulu's were destroyed in central africa. Central africans are just smarted, stronger and faster and the weak tribes fled... That's why the source of the slave trade was central africa.

They defeated the rifle-armed British using only spears and clever tactics. That is worthy of some recognition I believe.

Hmmm it does, its like summarizing the japan vs america conflict in WW2 at Pearl Harbour.

But japan still got nuked.
edit on 26-7-2011 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

your right it wasn't culture, it was just the way. Spices, fine garments, metallurgy, astronomy, physics, alchemy, the first paper...... You know those things have nothing to do with culture. Everything you see in your house, rather its a couch, or the Idea of storing food in a cool place, or the idea that you should have lighting at night, is all a result of Egyptian thought or culture. Europeans were fascinated and still are to this day about egypt.
I don't understand how you can amazed, fascinated and dumb-struck about monuments that your supposed ancestors build.

If the Egyptians were of european descent, why are they still approachng the situation as an outsider looking in. The local 'dark' indigenous people seem to know more about kemet than its supposed builders??

to the 2012 guy- The greeks openly admit they sat at the foot of egyptians. Go look up what famous greek historians said about egypt. Oh yeah and the greek people described themselves as an 'olive' tone. I have never, to this day, seen a white olive. Only 'dark' green and black.
Racism is so old and done, its outlived its purpose can we move on like Adults please.
edit on 26-7-2011 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: an addition

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Accidental Double Post

Since this is a double post I must say I for one think that it is pretty odd that some of the women wore dreads and braids.
Take a look at Nefertari...braids or dreads its still very interesting and not something at all that a woman w/ non coarse hair would seek out to do especially living in that time period.
Strange.
edit on 26-7-2011 by iamusic because: double post

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
We don't know for sure that Black Africans ruled Egypt...but why is it so important?
I have always wondered what impact does that have on the African Community?

I think more than anything that Ancient Egypt was a melting pot of sorts; a Mecca for all to see at the time. To say that there were no peoples of dark or black skin in Egypt is just plain ignorant. They were there and still are to this day but again we will never know the true story of Egypt.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Who said the Egyptians were white? I never said they were white.

I just said they were Greek.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS
reply to post by Nosred

If the Egyptians were of european descent, why are they still approachng the situation as an outsider looking in. The local 'dark' indigenous people seem to know more about kemet than its supposed builders??

They aren't of European descent. They were building amazing monuments and forming a civilization while our European ancestors were still trying to determine whether or not they could mate with Neanderthals.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012srb

I said they were Greek.

* pre 3100 bc to 525 bc = black/nubian/upper egyptian....ie khufu, ramses, tutankhamun etc

* 525 bc to 330 bc = persians...ie darius the great

* 330 bc to 32 bc = greek...(greco roman)....ie...alexander the great, ptoloemy, cleopatra, and ceasarian.

so the greeks ruled for about 300 years compared to the 2,500 years of black rulers

in 32 bc egypt fell and the rome went from a republic to an empire....cleopatras son she had with ceaser (the senator) was promised to the role of emperor by ceasor...who changed his mind and put his adopted son, augustus on the throne as the first emperor of rome, octavious.

a little later jesus was born etc.....

most relics of good quality we have are from the greco roman rule..as they are reltivily new compare dto their ancient counter parts

(to add ...in 600 bc assiriyans attack eypt..saites rule for a very small period, google = taharaq)

edit on 26-7-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS
reply to post by Nosred

They aren't of European descent. They were building amazing monuments and forming a civilization while our European ancestors were still trying to determine whether or not they could mate with Neanderthals.

A very smart move on their part - since it is probably what finally gave them the traits that allowed for groups that could finally settle outside the temperate zone.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I remember being taught that Egyptians looked like modern Arabs in the Southern kingdom and like sub-Saharan Africans in the Northern Kingdom (aka black) in complexion in school. I also remember being taught that Egyptians didn't really have slaves, though they had many other groups under their dominion for a long time. So I really don't understand what you're getting at here...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I said they were Greek.

So I take it greeks are blue?

Man you are a puzzle.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Who said the Egyptians were white? I never said they were white.

I just said they were Greek.

The Greeks came after the darker skinned natives of kemet.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join