It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Racist Conspiracy? Why are we taught that Black Africans never formed or ruled Ancient Egypt?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
For centuries, Eurocentric scholars have rejected the idea that Ancient Egypt was formed and ruled by Black Africans. Today we are commonly taught as a fact that Ancient Egyptian people had olive/brownish skin (like Queen Cleopatra, yet she was Greek...) and that their slaves were Black Africans. Also, it is almost ingrained in our brains that Black Africans have never really had the audacity to maintain a vast civilization due to the simple fact we see and are taught that all they did was dance around, make music and hardly bothered to form an organised society.

This video which will no doubt be extremely controversial to you as it explains how Black Africans were apparently denied the right to have formed and maintained Ancient Egypts due to western scholars wanting a "European Superior" view of history (like the Romans particularly) in the past.

Based on the evidence what do you think?

edit on 25-7-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
all I remember being taught about egypt was the mummy thing. I did a big project on it. I remember they spooned out your brains. I don't remember any sort of keeping the black man down thing going on, but hey that was the 80's

on a side note, every education system on earth is "centric" to it's own culture

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I always just assumed if you were a native from africa, regardless of north or south, you were black. Not trying to sound racists. If that's not the case, I'm unaware.
edit on 25-7-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Yes its true that every culture has a centric view of things. Today we may see them suffer with drought and famine in Africa due to various political and economic reasons, but history denying the right that Black Africans couldn't have run their own country thousands of years ago sounds...well...racist.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It's not racist but more of a fact of history that their haven't been any pure black powerful cultures. If you want to claim Egypt as being black that would certainly count but it would be the exception. This may have multiple reasons but you can't argue the fact.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
go egypt and most of north afrika and their more arab looking imo

and not being funny but in a few parts of africa their still dancing around doing the same shiz they have since the beginning

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Well when I was in Egypt (2010) the northerners where arabic and the southerners were more black and WOW the northerners were so freaking racist about the south it was disturbing. I could easily see there being a conspiracy against the black people of Egypt.

Off topic, but that also goes for the Black Thais, I was up in Thailand for three weeks (chang rai and bangkok mostly) and man did I hear a lot of racist remarks about them in bangkok.

I guess its normal to label the black sheep black. I should stop expecting much from the human race.

+44 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I'm afraid as an archaeologist and ancient historian, I have to disagree with your fundemental point here:

"For centuries, Eurocentric scholars have rejected the idea that Ancient Egypt was formed and ruled by Black Africans."

This idea is not rejected, and the African influences of ancient egypt are widely recognised and taught. Even the early books I've read on Egyptology didn't try to imagine away the African roots of the Nile civilisations.

The idea of the Egyptians being white is something that surfaced with the Hollywood film Cleopatra, which instilled in the general public the idea that Cleopatra was white, in much the same way that many people think Jesus was a white dude. But this goes more into the general ignorance of the public.

Serious archaeological scholars have never rejected the idea that Ancient Egypt was formed and ruled by Black Africans.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

After the fall of Egypt, Africa pretty much became up for grabs for anyone. It kinda then makes sense as they would have suppressed blacks for thousands of years up to modern times. Hence that could be the reason why there hasn't been any other prominent Black civilizations in Africa.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

The whole world has been up for grabs it's just that Blacks have never been able to rise to the top as other races have for whatever reason.

That is not a valid excuse.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The premise of the video(s) shows a lack of education and the willful embrace of ignorance.

We black Africans should be claiming our right to raise up great civilizations.
Should be able to point to the pyramids and say "See. See what we can do."
But no. The uncle toms of victimology have poisoned us to the point that
unless we have an evil to blame, or someone who is holding us down,
then we will never pull together to do anything.

(Disclaimer: the above was written by a poor white boy and should in no way
be taken to represent the views of the Black community.)

David Grouchy

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

they would rather sit with a begging bowl at un rice banks or whatever there called cause its what their acustom to

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

There is, in fact, considerable archaeological and anthropological evidence that ancient India was the source of ancient Egyptian civilization. The ancient black Indians, known as "Dravidians", (who in ancient times were also known by the Greeks and Egyptians as "Ethiopians") built and laid out ancient Egyptian civilization and, no doubt, in the process also mixed with their black brethren in Africa. The ancient Egyptians, themselves, admitted in their writings that they received their civilization and culture from the Ethiopians, another black "race".

Indian Origin of Egyptian Civilization

DNA from mummies if available and unbiased would tell for sure ?

How about the Neanderthal DNA that exists in all Humans except for pure Africans ?

Where did the Neanderthals originate then ?

Certainly not Africa if no Neanderthal DNA is present ?

How much Neanderthal existed in "Egyptian" Humans ?

I thought one Egyptian Pharaoh was proven to have Nordic DNA.

The article suggests that Indian and Black Africans were "Egyptian" over the centuries.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

The Kingdom of Kush was a large, powerful, black empire that conquered and did control Egypt for a time.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

For centuries, Eurocentric scholars have rejected the idea that Ancient Egypt was formed and ruled by Black Africans.

Identification of these "Eurocentric scholars" may be the key to the "academics" question.

find out the true "ethnicities" and "beliefs" of the "scholars",

and we may discover the true agendas !

Just WHO are these people anyway ?

AND, just WHO [color=limegreen]PROFIT$ from "mis-information" ?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Yes but for being the area where the human race started supposedly there is definetly a lack of great empires eminating from that part of the world.

I'm more of a history person than an anthropologist so perhaps someone else could shed some light on that. I believe it comes from the fact that the people in most of Africa remained hunter/gatherers far longer than the people who spread out to other areas of the world.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It's understood today the role Nubians and Ku#es played in Egypt, including having at one time conquered it and ruled as Pharaohs. In fact there are more pyramids in Sudan than in Egypt. I think early archeologists (like all Victorian-era sciences) simply didn't accept blacks as equals to whites in any way.

Pyramids in Sudan (Meroe & Khartoum);

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b1a0c9e9202a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/26bbacd3e309.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef0a6ab79033.jpg[/atsimg]

Edit: LOL, apparently I can't write "Kush - ites" due to the word censor...
edit on 25-7-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Well regarding the main point of this thread if it is indeed true that blacks were the rulers of Egypt than who were their slaves. Other blacks or the olive skinned people?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by TheComte

Yes but for being the area where the human race started supposedly there is definetly a lack of great empires eminating from that part of the world.

I'm more of a history person than an anthropologist so perhaps someone else could shed some light on that. I believe it comes from the fact that the people in most of Africa remained hunter/gatherers far longer than the people who spread out to other areas of the world.

I wonder what conclusions can be found from this ?

What made the other "races" emerge from the "hunter/gatherers" sooner and where ?

Did Neanderthal and Denisovan "races" influence the non-Africans ?

Perhaps all Humans did not originate in Africa.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Well regarding the main point of this thread if it is indeed true that blacks were the rulers of Egypt than who were their slaves. Other blacks or the olive skinned people?

The ethnic Egyptian was a member of the libyo-syriac peoples. They weren't Caucasian as some early scholars tried to make them, any more than they were black as some Afrocentric scholars would make them. There was of course a lot of racial mixture in Egypt. Cleopatra for instance was part Persian as well as Macedonian. For a time Nubian Pharaohs ruled Egypt, the 25th dynasty. Egyptians have themselves created artwork depicting the various races in and around Egypt, such as the Libyans, Nubians, Asiatic, and themselves (as a brown-skinned people) (Ancient Egyptian race controversy)

Ancient Egyptians did view the land of Punt as their ancestral homeland, in eastern Africa, around Ethiopia.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join