It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Racist Conspiracy? Why are we taught that Black Africans never formed or ruled Ancient Egypt?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
It's not racist but more of a fact of history that their haven't been any pure black powerful cultures. If you want to claim Egypt as being black that would certainly count but it would be the exception. This may have multiple reasons but you can't argue the fact.

What about ethiopia?

What do you mean by powerful?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

There is, in fact, considerable archaeological and anthropological evidence that ancient India was the source of ancient Egyptian civilization. The ancient black Indians, known as "Dravidians", (who in ancient times were also known by the Greeks and Egyptians as "Ethiopians") built and laid out ancient Egyptian civilization and, no doubt, in the process also mixed with their black brethren in Africa. The ancient Egyptians, themselves, admitted in their writings that they received their civilization and culture from the Ethiopians, another black "race".

Indian Origin of Egyptian Civilization

DNA from mummies if available and unbiased would tell for sure ?

How about the Neanderthal DNA that exists in all Humans except for pure Africans ?

Where did the Neanderthals originate then ?

Certainly not Africa if no Neanderthal DNA is present ?

How much Neanderthal existed in "Egyptian" Humans ?

I thought one Egyptian Pharaoh was proven to have Nordic DNA.

The article suggests that Indian and Black Africans were "Egyptian" over the centuries.

what?

link to a credible source.
edit on 25-7-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well it seems that blacks are so desperate to find good things about their history that they often push subjects like this when for other races it is not so important a subject since there is plenty of historical evidence of their past acheivements.

I'm not sure what this means beyond the premise that either their isn't alot of black dominance in history or that it just hasn't been uncovered yet.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Well it seems that blacks are so desperate to find good things about their history that they often push subjects like this when for other races it is not so important a subject since there is plenty of historical evidence of their past acheivements.

I'm not sure what this means beyond the premise that either their isn't alot of black dominance in history or that it just hasn't been uncovered yet.

This is silly. Is this some silly contest? What continents created to most wars,which continents spends the most on war and weapons? What countries have the highest war budget?

We never created massive world wide wars,infected innocent people with STDs, nor nuked innocent civilians. Did african cause the last two economic depressions(including this one)? No.

Who's continent created most of the wars in history?

See how silly this is?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

I'd have to add it up but there has been alot of war started in Africa and they may very well be leading the pack in that statistic if you go throughout history.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Sounds like a bunch of crying to me.

I'm a white guy, but I've always imagined the ancient Egyptians as being more middle eastern looking. When I learned about Egypt, the skin color of the folks was never mentioned. It seems to me like black people are always blaming others for their shortcomings.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

It's not racist but more of a fact of history that their haven't been any pure black powerful cultures. If you want to claim Egypt as being black that would certainly count but it would be the exception. This may have multiple reasons but you can't argue the fact.

Professor Jared Diamond postulates and intriguing theory on that very subject ....

Guns, Germs and Steel (I)

From the end of the Ice Age, geography has ensured that different societies around the world developed at different speeds. The development of successful and productive farming, starting nearly 12,000 years ago in the Fertile Crescent, was the critical turning point in the origins of global inequality. From this point on, one group of people -- the natives of Eurasia -- would have a head start on the path to civilization.

The video is one of three ,worth a watch.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michelangelo
Sounds like a bunch of crying to me.

I'm a white guy, but I've always imagined the ancient Egyptians as being more middle eastern looking. When I learned about Egypt, the skin color of the folks was never mentioned. It seems to me like black people are always blaming others for their shortcomings.

Who?

None of us care. I don't this is silly

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Yes that's the book I based my idea on. Very good read.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
this video explains egyptian history from a local elder

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I'd have to add it up but there has been alot of war started in Africa and they may very well be leading the pack in that statistic if you go throughout history.

go check.

North America,Asia and Europe are currently leading.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Despite the refusal of the Secretary General of the Egyptian Supreme Council of Antiquities, Zahi Hawass, to release any DNA results which might indicate the racial ancestry of Pharaoh Tutankhamen, the leaked results reveal that King Tut’s DNA is a 99.6 percent match with Western European Y chromosomes.

The DNA test results were inadvertently revealed on a Discovery Channel TV documentary filmed with Hawass’s permission — but it seems as if the Egyptian failed to spot the giveaway part of the documentary which revealed the test results.

Hawass previously announced that he would not release the racial DNA results of Egyptian mummies — obviously because he feared the consequences of such a revelation.

stevenmcollins.com...

But the truth is, the ancient Egyptians were not white. Neither were they pure black. The ancient Egyptians were a mixed-race people, especially in Upper Egypt, where Egyptian civilization began. While the earliest inhabitants, the Tasians, are believed to have been of Cro-Magnoid stock, the predynastic Badarian period which starts at 5500 B.C. in Upper Egypt, was quite Negroid.

www.raceandhistory.com...

It was a mixed bag, just like today !!

link   
reply to post by kro32

I have read it too - very interesting indeed but he admittedly makes a few tenuous connections.

You might enjoy this piece written by him for Discovery Magazine it was also covered in the book if my memory serves me.

How Africa Became Black

Using the distribution of various languages to reveal major migrations by the Bantu people and its effect on the Khoisan, Pygmies etc.

link   

Nope when you add all wars, including civil wars, Africa by far leads other continents.

There has never been a time when there wasn't a war somewhere in Africa actually.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

LoL well they sure do seem to dominate sports. Maybe you are just jealous.

And wow you scream racist to me. LoL when was the last time America or Asia wasn't in a war? See it works the same for all.

edit on 25-7-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
reply to post by kro32

I have read it too - very interesting indeed but he admittedly makes a few tenuous connections.

You might enjoy this piece written by him for Discovery Magazine it was also covered in the book if my memory serves me.

How Africa Became Black

Using the distribution of various languages to reveal major migrations by the Bantu people and its effect on the Khoisan, Pygmies etc.

The Yarobu tribe is the oldest group of humans on planet earth.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Nope when you add all wars, including civil wars, Africa by far leads other continents.

There has never been a time when there wasn't a war somewhere in Africa actually.

Sure about that?

Africa was relatively equalized before colonialist forced cultural rivals to live near each other with thier "boundary lines." Where did those guns,morders come from? African conflicts are local and limited. See our native continent still has them beat. We have had 3 massive wars(iraq,afghanistan and libya) in 10 years. Thats just one country. Not a continent ONE F---kin country.

America has that entire continent beat as far as length,frequency and scale of wars.

We can also count our boundary scurmages(1812,texas republic) and foreign policy attacks.
We can count phases of wars too. Like the Iraq surge and all.

Did africans nuke civilians yes or no?

I know we did...twice.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Well Kro, it's nice to see someone representing Stormfront's view of Africa.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

History is one of those subjects filled with so many half-truths. It's really not 100% concrete and I don't mean mickey mouse things like Lincoln died on such and such day.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Knock that off. Someone with a different world view than yourself shouldn't be automatically labeled a racist or hate monger. I tend to agree that Africa (sub) is a complete hell hole, and that people from the area have been actively screwing themselves for centuries.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join