It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official ATS Bands/Musicians Thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by xenthuin

Sweet thanks! Yeah I love the piano, that's for sure. Chopin and Serj Tankian are my idols because of how they use their instruments, and Chopin just makes me go crazy because he sounds like he is playing with 5 hands... I'll probably never be that good but I'm glad someone likes that song as much as I do.

As for Casual Disco, it was one of my first songs so I'm thinking about redoing it with higher quality, or doing a song very similar to it. Any suggestions there?

Also, if you think I should, I have a piano only version of Haste that I could upload to youtube if you don't care for the violin.
edit on 25-7-2011 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-7-2011 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sith9157

I dig it!! It sounds like a blend of Fear Factory, Prong, and Coal Chamber... Keep it up!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Piano was my first instrument, but I can only improv/play by ear now since I've lost the ability to read treble clef (too many years of playing trombone).

I love System of a Down and I am uber jealous of Serj's vocal talent!

I think Casual Disco is perfect just the way it is... Its instrumentation fits its melody. If you really wanted to change it though, I'd make the "chorus" part (where you are doing the 16th note intervals) even more of a surprise. Switch the beat to something like *shhka thum bah sshh, shhka thum bah sshh* and use a sawtooth synth (something with a lot of buzz/resonance) to hold the sustained chords. It is already a killer hook and was totally unexpected when I listened to it the first time (which is why I love it so much)!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by xenthuin

Hmm interesting! I will keep that in consideration, thanks!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Thanks Billy Bob, I appreciate the comments left on some of the songs you liked of mine, yes some of my songs have a definite social comment theme.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Thanks, Science was kind of an experiment soft melodic with kinda flat, nico vocals. We should be finishing our full length by the end of the summer and plan to put it up online for free so I'll make sure I link it here.
I don't have any of the "noise" stuff up really, but I may toss some up (generally no one wants to hear it).

Also the songs on the myspace were recorded in a local studio with pro tools, our home recordings (which I personally prefer the sound of and might post some later) are all done in cool edit pro, and I'm not sure what the guy doing our current cd is running but it's a nice home job studio that we are paying for so we can get somewhere in between our home and studio sound.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuned Agent

Thanks. Mercy Sakes is a pretty old tune now ( i think I was 18 when we recorded it, im 25 now) and was kind of an inside joke title.

I always thought it was crazy when I would hear bands talk about how they played for 10 years before they made it, and then I realized in the one in a billion chance that I made it soon I will have, as of next year, been playing out and recording in a band for a decade.

And to everyone else that posted here I have full intentions of listening to the band posted here and commenting (when I'm not at work).
edit on 26-7-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Thanks Billy Bob, I appreciate the comments left on some of the songs you liked of mine, yes some of my songs have a definite social comment theme.

No worries Undead trev.

Im actually inspiried to make another track now,thanks guys.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
heres an old live video of my band, we got togeather in 1991, and still jam today, although not as often. my pal Mark from my earlyer post is on guitar, I'm on the bass, the song is a jammer, kind of about deadheads. try and hang in till the jam (its a bit long) but worth it.

www.youtube.com...

great post and some very talented people, music is a great outlet, its not the easy road but if you got the bug then stick with it, i now play the spoons, life is odd. keep it going all.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Wow guys, lot of great stuff in here, taken a while to get through it all

Glad to see this has taken off and we have such talented people on ATS, the moment I can get some of my less sloppy material online I'll post the links right here.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I'm not sure what we are going to do once we are done with the c.d., we will have a website with at least three of the tunes on our site to listen to for free

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
One of our older ones, Remixed with a little CGI

edit on 29-7-2011 by whaaa because: code 9

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
my bands soft/indie side project. it's just two tracks and one is the demo of science the song on our main bands myspace. me and the moon

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

O.K. looks like I found this thread a few weeks too late, but better late than never.
I am in 4 bands/projects ranging from rock/metal to acoustic/folk and electronic.
I mainly play guitar and sing but I also play bass, banjo, violin, keyboards, and some drums and percussion as well.
Anyway here's a couple of my myspace pages-
www.myspace.com...
www.myspace.com...
www.myspace.com...
and my main project at the moment is called Nightmare Mechanics

Any feedback is of course welcome. Also open to collaborating with any likeminded musicians who are looking to start up some kind of project, within the NY/NJ metropolitan area.
This thread was a good idea, OP.
Cheers!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Here is my work. Maybe you heard of me.

My Work

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I think calling myself a musician is a bit of a long shot, but I do make tracks, I basically do a lot of re edits of other peoples tracks, making them a bit more friendly to the dance floor. So I can make beats and manipulate audio, but cant play any instruments.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Not sure if anyone comes to this thread anymore :/ it was good while it lasted.

Anyway, here's an update on my work if anyone just so happens to stumble on this thread again.
New Music

P.S. Downloads are free on this site, so if you like my stuff... take it!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Bumpedy bump for any other musicians/bands on ATS who may have joined after I started this thread and haven't noticed it yet.

2nd

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
clicky clicky

soundcloud.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Thanks for the bump...here is a music video I shot for the 48hr film project...
www.48hourfilm.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join