It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official ATS Bands/Musicians Thread

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by xenthuin

Wow..great stuff xen...you have an awesome voice. The music is very melodic, I like the 2012 tune

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sith9157

Nice! How disappointing that there is only one song though... My band is planning on making some metal here pretty soon, but we are waiting for our guitarist to come back from training in the reserves.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Wow Physics..you're rippin on the electric piano..the System of a Down tune is awesome the way you played

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Fazza!

Good stuff Fazz..I like the song

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Thanks Phys..we are in the process of recording the rest of the album..that song is a rough mix of one of the tunes.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Let me try this again, thanks for the advice Speculativeoptimist.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Yeah I'm diggin it. Are you guys open-sourced?

What I mean is, do you guys give free downloads, or are you guys selling the album somewhere?
edit on 25-7-2011 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Great idea op, I am a songwriter here in Aus. Have some songs up on Youtube, seach Undeadtrev

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by undead trev

Pretty cool trev

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Checked out your music, cool tune, good job!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Thank you, I have never had a reason to bother working out how to put up a link to a vid.

After writing this song I didn't play it to anyone for over a year. Although I was happy with it, I thought others wouldn't like it, But it is not the first time I have been wrong, hehe

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
See signature.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Thought I would chime in. The link is to an album I co-produced for Patrick Gambles.

Click on the musical instruments for previews. Patrick's songs are similar to the style I perform these days. I must get around to recording my own acoustic stuff.

patrickgambles.com...

This is one of my own I prepared a little earlier.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Very nice and moving TC. The music and vid compliment each other very well.
I think the acoustic guitar is one of the best instruments for emotional expressions and storytelling.

spec

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Hey Chris! Some great stuff so far (just realised that the list expands into 74 tracks doh!)
Favourite so far is 'A Lot On My Mind' which is a very cool summer track!
The neo-classical flavour of some of the other tracks is great too...

That's a long list, but it's going to be a lot of fun listening & hearing new stuff.

ps... signed up & added myself as a fan.

Edit: Sanctified is a great track too but Warlock is really exceptional! A unique sound with just a hint of the newer Satriani material that's right up my street musically. Very modern & catchy.
Are you cutting CDs yet, if not why not? Cos I'd buy this.

Probably more edits to come yet! lol
edit on 25/7/11 by HelionPrime because: addition

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sith9157

Wow..great stuff xen...you have an awesome voice. The music is very melodic, I like the 2012 tune

Thanks! I have a myriad of influences... Classical (I also play trombone), heavy metal, industrial, rock, jazz, blues, and even some country and bluegrass. I try to pull from all of those in various combinations in developing my melodies.

Anyway, thanks for listening! I still need to check out some of these other people's tunes...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HelionPrime

Originally posted by HelionPrime

Hey Chris! Some great stuff so far (just realised that the list expands into 74 tracks doh!)
Favourite so far is 'A Lot On My Mind' which is a very cool summer track!
The neo-classical flavour of some of the other tracks is great too...

That's a long list, but it's going to be a lot of fun listening & hearing new stuff.

ps... signed up & added myself as a fan.

Edit: Sanctified is a great track too but Warlock is really exceptional! A unique sound with just a hint of the newer Satriani material that's right up my street musically. Very modern & catchy.
Are you cutting CDs yet, if not why not? Cos I'd buy this.

Probably more edits to come yet! lol
edit on 25/7/11 by HelionPrime because: addition

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying my tunes! You might have already discovered this, but the quality of my songs (in both recording/mixing as well as playing/singing/musicality) will decrease as you get further down the list

The first 22-23 songs (up to Blue To Gray) were written/recorded in 2007-2008 while the other ones were done in 2000-2003. I haven't been writing much recently as I also play in a cover band.

The Warlock is one of my all time favorites. It is actually a response to a song I wrote back in the 2000-2003 era called "The Dragonslayer". And as you've probably read, Satriani is the reason I learned to play guitar. I saw him last October in Napa, CA at the first show for the tour following the Black Swans and Wormhole Wizards CD release. It was freaking amazing! Not to mention that they set off the fire alarms when they busted out "War" in the middle of the show!

All of my songs are organized into albums (there are 6) which I put together entirely by myself and distributed to my friends and family for free. When I learned about reverbnation I thought it was awesome that I could put my whole library out there; there were some other sites a few years ago, but they all capped the number of tracks you could have, etc.

It's quite a compliment that you would actually purchase my tunes! But, my music is my therapy and my payment is when others enjoy it at least half as much as I do. So, if you like it and have any friends that share your musical taste, send 'em on over!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Great idea OP,well done.

Hearing some pretty cool and original sounds,very inspirational indeed.

Unlike most of you,ive only been getting right into the music scene for about 1-2 years and i am still learning heaps.
Majority of the time i like to just experiment with the music making software i have and then make a track i enjoy listening to.Other than that i have no band or anyone to play music with,so i just practice with my electric guitar,bass guitar and my keyboard.

Anyways im glad i came to this thread,otherwise i would of missed out on music i have enjoyed listening to.
I doubt anyone here would be into this track or music,but heres a link to a track ive made anyways,you never know i guess :

www.youtube.com...

Cheers

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Checked out some of your stuff... Very nice!

I absolutely LOVE the piano outro in "Hasting to Watch the Rain"! I also quite enjoyed the 8-bit-ness of "Casual Disco". I don't dance, but that song definitely made me want to!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

The song you embedded is sweet! Reminds me of Primus.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join