It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anders Behring Breivik, the Norway killer

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
On Utoeya, he was talking on a phone head-set. He was talking to the police. I've posted links on this several times now.

A head-set would be part of his necessary gear. When gaming, one uses a headset usually to coordinate player action. It is part of his 'warrior uniform.'
edit on 2011/8/6 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
On Utoeya, he was talking on a phone head-set. He was talking to the police. I've posted links on this several times now.

A head-set would be part of his necessary gear. When gaming, one uses a headset usually to coordinate player action. It is part of his 'warrior uniform.'

Well, I don't know if the witnesses who saw him speak in the headset are describing his call to the police. That would presumably have been at the end of his rampage. If they saw him talk into the headset while the rampage is occurring than maybe it was to "coordinate player action," as you put it.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Anders Breivik is believed to have drowned out the screams of his victims by listening to film music from the Lord of the Rings on his iPod.

Lux Aeterna, which was used in the battle scenes, is described by the killer as ‘very inspiring and invokes the type of passionate rage within you’.

Survivors described Breivik as ‘wearing a headset’ as he calmly fired on his unarmed targets. The explanation is given in his 1,500-page ‘manifesto’, published on Friday hours before his killing spree.
SOURCE

SOURCE 2

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Yes, I am sure the police would much prefer you believe that Breivik was wearing an ipod rather than a two-way transmitter/receiver.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Yes that could be true.
I would be quite hard to fully concentrate when listening to music while hunting down people.
This would bring down your situational awareness substantially and we are been told he was very keen on his awareness of his surroundings.

Any witness accounts found of some one stating he was doing more than just calling the police with his headset ?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

Terrible tragedy sorry for the people of Norway. This guy doesn't make sense to me at all, the whole attack and inaction of the police dept. seems very suspicious. The Organic farmer point was golden by the way. In addition I would just like to say...

This is why citizens of any nation should have the right to bear arms. If even 1/8th of these people had a gun, lives would have been saved.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

If he/they were coordinating their hunt as you describe it. The communication between them should easily be traced.
No such trace has been confirmed yet.

Breivik never needed a spotter or a shooter to helped him on the Island. All he had to do is follow the fleeing pack. Utoya is a very small Island. With over 600 people the Island gets really small if you are looking for a hiding place or a place to run.

But he could have listened to the radio, to get information. To know if the news had cought up with what was taking place on the Island.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I am not suggesting that he was coordinating with anyone.

What I am suggesting is that he required a headset to put himself into the right mind frame. I was part of his "training" and part of his uniform to maintain the game like atmosphere that he was attempting to keep himself in.

When playing online, the headset is part of the uniform.

It is was a part of a psychological blanket.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I am not suggesting that he was coordinating with anyone.

What I am suggesting is that he required a headset to put himself into the right mind frame. I was part of his "training" and part of his uniform to maintain the game like atmosphere that he was attempting to keep himself in.

When playing online, the headset is part of the uniform.

It is was a part of a psychological blanket.

I see your point. But i dont think so. He probably just played games for fun just like anyone else.
Games can also be a way to focus/put ones mind on something else.

A blue tooth headset is also used by mostly everyone these days not just gamers.

If you read he's manifest, you will find no connection to the gaming society at all. But if you compare he's manifest to all the different forums he has been active on; you will find a lot of similarities.

He's actions were not inspired by gaming. They were inspired by different forums and societies sharing he's views on our western social integration.

The way we look at this reminds me of how we blame school shootings on Gaming and not the fact that the shooter has been harassed by the kids at school. We seam to blame the actions on something that has nothing to do with the cause to the actual act. Probably because its not politically correct to blame kids who have been shoot at or killed. Its better to find other arguments to ease the pain and not to confronted the actual cause because of the reactions it will create by the kids parents and friends.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I completely disagree with you. He used the games to train. He used the games to test out his ideas.

If I'm right, he used the games to speak to people of like mind.

The games were not just for entertainment purely.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I am not sure for a moment but i think it was mentioned in an earlier posted article that Anders Behring Breivik stated that he partly trained himself playing "modern warfare 2".
There is this level in this modern warfare game where you shoot at lot of innocent and unarmed people at an airport.
Have a look.

(edit: A little graphic warning it is 3d animation but involves shooting of a lot of people.)

(edit:changed video to uncut version)

From these run and gun games itself there is not much to learn for real life shootings i think accept the drilling of the mind to first pull the trigger and than think.

edit on 7-8-2011 by jaamaan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I completely disagree with you. He used the games to train. He used the games to test out his ideas.

Could you maybe explain a little more about how he used games ?
How he used them to test his idea's for example ?

I have heard before of people running guilds on world of warcraft, lets say, where very able to organise raids and set up communications for larger groups in real life.
Something about police looking into the possabilities of people using these games communication channels like forums and in game chat systems, for terrorist communication uses.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jaamaan

Anders Behring Breivik actually traveled east to get real military training.

To learn tactics from games is not that easy. To learn tactics you have to know what to look for. And it also depends on what kind of tactics you are looking for to learn.
In Metal Gear Solid for instance; you can learn a lot if you know what to look for. You can actually learn correct Stan's, how to move with a weapon ready to get accurate aim. If you can copy and practice these tactic you can become a very dangerous shooter. But learning these things are not easy if you dont know what to look for in a game. No one learns anything from spray and pray.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I think i know what quotation you are referring to. But within a gaming community: taking out a specific player that has shown good playing skills is very often bragged about. And terminology like i killed, owned, Whooped and so on is used. Don't confuse that with reality.

There are two things you can learn form a game:

1. Tactics, if you know what tactics to look for.

2. That practice increases performance and gaming IQ.

Going from a gaming experience to reality demands specific understanding. You have to corporate a game into real tactical maneuvers. To do this you have to know something about military tactics beforehand. This guy didn't know how to do any of this. Just like you dont know how to figure out what proper military tactics you can acquire from Metal Gear Solid.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It is not out of the realm of possibility that Breivik was being mind-controlled and thought he was just playing out a video game scenario, as is suggested by quotes from other mass shootings:

4-20-99
Patti Nielson, witness to library massacre at Columbine HS:
"...the killers were just gross, there were theatrics involved and they seemed to be acting out some war game. One second they were mean, the next second they were laughing."

9-13-06
Kimveer Gill, 25, Dawson Jr. College, Montreal, Canada, 2 dead
"I want them to make a game so realistic, that it looks and feels like it's actually happening," he wrote.

Most of the mass shooters have been mentally 'treated' at some point before their violent acts, and I am sure that is the case with Breivik. Who is his shrink?
edit on 7-8-2011 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
How many tactics do you need to be able to shoot fish in a bowl?

All he needed was the ability to pick out the targets and then follow through.

He shows signs of indoctrination, because he was indoctrinating himself. He believed he was too feminine and needed to become more coherent with his selected political cause.

I do not think that these games are to blame. I do think that the atmosphere of ethnic hatred in the games BY THE PLAYERS of all types, is not taken seriously. The players normalize it.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
"Belarus’ special forces were involved in training Anders Breivik"

en.rian.ru...
Norway’s twin terror suspect Anders Behring Breivik trained at a secret paramilitary field camp in Belarus earlier this year, a Belarusian opposition politician said on Thursday, citing security sources.
“Breivik visited Belarus several times. This spring, as part of his preparations for his twin attacks, he visited Minsk, where he underwent training at a secret paramilitary field camp,” Mikhail Reshetnikov, the head of the opposition Belarusian Party of Patriots, told the Gazeta.ru online newspaper. ...
Reshetnikov also claimed Breivik had participated in “sabotage-terrorism drills” under a former Belarusian special service officer and that he had used a fake passport to enter Belarus.
“His codename in Belarus’s KGB was Viking,” he added.  ....

This of course makes it all but certain that Breivik was on the proverbial "watch list" of several intelligence agencies, most definitely that of Norway too.  It is now going to be increasingly difficult to maintain the 'lone gunman' theory they are pushing.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

How many tactics do you need to be able to shoot fish in a bowl?

Well first you would need a reason to kill. Then you build your tactic to accomplish your goal.

-Where and when do you get a reason to do all this by playing world of warcraft?
-What part of the game gave him the reason to go and kill these people?

Where all these people he killed he's opponents in the Game which he didn't like?

He shows signs of indoctrination, because he was indoctrinating himself. He believed he was too feminine and needed to become more coherent with his selected political cause.

What does this have to do with gaming?

He isolated himself from society. But he sure wasn't isolating him self to play games (world of warcraft).

I do not think that these games are to blame. I do think that the atmosphere of ethnic hatred in the games BY THE PLAYERS of all types, is not taken seriously.

What you say here is partly true. If this guy communicated with people on a chat channel (In Game Chat or Team Speak or what ever) They can have contributed to boast part of he's anger. Because some people that are on these channels can be pretty sick and outrageous towards each other. Some players get a kick out of harassing others on these channels or within the game itself.

So yes the gaming community (The Players) can be a part of the problem. But how does this link to the ethnic hatred he had? And how do you link all this to these kids he killed or the Bomb?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
Some background to the killer:

"Breivik's father was a Siviløkonom (Norwegian professional title, literally "civil economist"), who worked as a diplomat for the Royal Norwegian Embassy in London (and later Paris)."

His father was a diplomat, which is often used as a cover for intelligence activities, and the spook business is often a family business, so the question is did Breivik have an intel background?

"Breivik was exempt from conscription in the Norwegian Army, and has no military training."

I seriously doubt this. Most of these mass shooter types have had at least some contact with the military. It was also explain his ability to make bombs and his facility with small arms, especially if he had elite forces training. "...former neighbours said he had sometimes been seen in "military-style" clothing. "

"According to the newspaper Verdens Gang, he has no previous history with the police, apart from traffic violations."

I seriously doubt this too. The mass shooter always have had prior contact with the police. You can bet the cops knew who this guy was.

"Breivik moved to the small rural town of Rena in Åmot, Hedmark county, about 140 km (86 miles) northeast of Oslo, where he operated a farming sole proprietorship under the name "Breivik Geofarm"..." "His businesses, however, were not much of a success, each one being dissolved after a short while after making a loss, until he established his farm business in 2009...

He also had an apartment near Oslo. Where did he get the finances to buy the farm and maintain two residences? Is there any evidence he actually did any farming on that 'farm' of his? Maybe that farm was purchased because it was next to a military landing strip, according to one Norwegian poster, and his real business was an adjunct to covert military operations.

"Media reports in Norway described Breivik as a 'loner' "

Wrong again. These guys always have a clique of people they hang around.

Everything you write here is wrong, He was a loner, he had no military training, he wasn't known by the police. These are facts.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schrödinger
Everything you write here is wrong, He was a loner, he had no military training, he wasn't known by the police. These are facts.

Facts? What are facts? Everything you hear or read has probably been filtered. If you put your faith in the mainstream media then you are lost.

The mass shooter is often described as a loner, but these types always run around in a well-defined clique. Of course, nobody wants to be known as the associate of an infamous criminal, so now they are hiding.

www.usatoday.com...
"...Breivik wrote that he had said nothing to friends and family about his views or intentions..."

"he had no military training"

Well, my previous post referred to some paramilitary shoot-em up camp he went to in Belarus. That's military training. Breivik's relationship to the Norway military is just as murky. He apparently was inducted or called-up but didn't spend a lot of time in the service. Maybe a more relevant question is why doesn't the Norwegian government just come out and tell us exactly what he did in the military and for how long?

"he wasn't known by the police"

He got in trouble with the cops for tagging as a teen. He was put on some kind of watchlist after buying all that fertilizer. And he traveled Europe on a phony passport. Trust me sir, they knew all about this guy.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join