It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Reasonable Conclusion to Explain Pre-Big Bang Conditions.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

If separation is an illusion, how can there be TWO ultimates?
How many portions make one?
You mention three things, infinity, nothing and you, yet you say duality is an illusion.

There is no you in the middle/center.
There is the space that 'you are' and 'apparent things' appear and disappear within that space.
The space is the one (non dual).
That space is now/you.

You can not be in the now.
Now + you makes two.
You 'are' the now and now is eternal.
edit on 19-7-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I hope you don't mind if I use this, or something similar to this, in my book. Hehe. Star and flag.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

There are no 'things'.
Infinity can not be put beside any 'thing'. As you say it is everything and nothing. There is no room for an imagined 'thing' to exist ( i don't think there is anything outside infinity) to put beside it.
You are it and what you are seeing is it.
There is no separation between what is known(seen/felt/experienced) and what you are.
What is seen is the mirror and you are the mirror.
The universe, like you say, is just an image of nothing.

The 'not a thing' (nothing) is you and the colors and patterns and movement is every 'thing'.
Together this is what you describe as infinity. Everything and nothing. No 'thing' can appear without the 'not a thing' being present. Infinity has to be 'not a thing' and a 'thing' at the same instant to know itself.
That's it.
edit on 18-7-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Pure "no thing" is extremely different than pure non-existence. Pure non-existence cannot exist because the instant any consciousness turns focus upon "it", that makes "it" into a type of existence, thus self annihilating "it" according to the truth of definition. That's the problem infinite omniscience has with the absolute non-existence. To be omnipresent, It cannot be true to the definition of that word too unless It exists also inside absolute non-existence, but cannot. This is why space and time exists. The generated and infinite "no-thing" (kinda).

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

Where you are seeing from, is that a thing?
It is consciousness.
Consciousness can be aware of itself.
So no thing can know no thing.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Davian
I hope you don't mind if I use this, or something similar to this, in my book. Hehe. Star and flag.

Seriously? I guess that's okay. You might be screwing me in the long run, but I guess there's nothing I can do about it. Partly, I encourage it as a means to raise awareness. But on the other hand, I have a plan to write a book as well.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

reply to post by tkwasny

Could the experience of non-existance be like that of deep sleep? Even though we are not aware that we are aware of it, we do seem to enjoy it.
If infinite is everything then it must be no-thing as well.
Appearing and disappearing, something and nothing.

If you are sleeping, you still exist, so no.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

If separation is an illusion, how can there be TWO ultimates?

From a dualistic illusory perspective, there are two ultimates. From an ultimate perspective, those two ultimates are one.

How many portions make one?
You mention three things, infinity, nothing and you, yet you say duality is an illusion.

Infinity and nothing as one are complete and unified. I am incomplete and dualistic. What points are you trying to make here? The perception of duality(separation) is an illusion. Unity is reality.

There is no you in the middle/center.
There is the space that 'you are' and 'apparent things' appear and disappear within that space.
The space is the one (non dual).
That space is now/you.

The space is an image of the one. The space is nothing and it is infinite as well as time, but either concept alone does not fully represent infinity/nothing. I am kinetic energy. Space and time are potential energy. The energy IS in the middle of time and space. Whether it be my energy/body, or your energy/body. I (energy) am not space.

You can not be in the now.
Now + you makes two.
You 'are' the now and now is eternal.

I am in time. Time is not bound by the now moment. Time is past present and future. Whenever you have energy in what is infinite and what is nothing, that energy will always be in the center of it. Therefore, I am in the center of space, and I am in the center of time, the present. So yes, I am the now, and I am here. I am in time, but I am not time. I am in space, but I am not space. Not in the illusion anyway.

When you cease to be finite, you dwell in what is infinite. Therefore, when I die, I will become all space, all time, all awareness, and all intelligence. Unless I become infinity/nothing, then I will dwell in that, but I suspect infinity/nothing is a temporal state because the process of resolution is continuous.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

The truth is, you are already all space, all time, all awareness, and all intelligence.
It is possible to know this in life.
All one.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Experience is non existant in deep sleep.
The life that we know/experience is when we are in this awake state. When we are in deep sleep there is nothing, no 'things'.
What we are does still exist in deep sleep but it is not aware that it exists.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
What we are in deep sleep is what we are at our base. It is the ground of all experience, prior to the 'things' of experience. When the light comes on (when we wake up from sleep) color and sound appear, but they can only appear on the base that we are.
Out of the void came everything.

So to me deep sleep is prior to the big bang. The deep sleep state never goes away, it is always present, even in what we consider the waking state. It is the canvas on which the world of things is painted.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

The truth is, you are already all space, all time, all awareness, and all intelligence.
It is possible to know this in life.
All one.

You haven't said anything this whole time that I don't already know.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Experience is non existant in deep sleep.
The life that we know/experience is when we are in this awake state. When we are in deep sleep there is nothing, no 'things'.
What we are does still exist in deep sleep but it is not aware that it exists.

Its not aware that it exists, but it exists nonetheless, and is therefore subject to the illusion. There is still everything that there was in the wake state, you're just not aware of it. There's a difference between being aware of nothing, and not being aware of everything.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

So happy you already knew.

Namaste.
edit on 20-7-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

What we are in deep sleep is what we are at our base. It is the ground of all experience, prior to the 'things' of experience. When the light comes on (when we wake up from sleep) color and sound appear, but they can only appear on the base that we are.
Out of the void came everything.

So to me deep sleep is prior to the big bang. The deep sleep state never goes away, it is always present, even in what we consider the waking state. It is the canvas on which the world of things is painted.

What we are in deep sleep is only symbolic of what we are at our base.

In deep sleep, you can still become aware. And you dream. About anything. Dreams of infinite possibilities limited only by your imagination. The sleep/dream state is symbolic of nothing/infinity before creation. The wake state, is symbolic (and is) creation.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Because you already know everything i write, i won't bother anymore.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Because you already know everything i write, i won't bother anymore.

I'm not trying to be mean, it just sounds like you're trying to argue with me when we pretty much agree.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This sound like an interesting theory but there is no evidence to back it. What experiment/testing can be do to prove this? If this is so, then shouldn't the other planets around us have awareness/life on it too and not just Earth? This universe should be filled with awareness.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Isn't what you call the universe inside your (or THE) consciousness?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Cute theory. i wrote something simular but with less spacy terms. it can be found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Little piece of advise, lots of reading.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
This sound like an interesting theory but there is no evidence to back it. What experiment/testing can be do to prove this? If this is so, then shouldn't the other planets around us have awareness/life on it too and not just Earth? This universe should be filled with awareness.

I believe it is. I really wish there were experiments to prove or disprove this, so we could all move on. But that's not my field, so I don't know. I'm just a thinker.

But there is conceptual proof for this in the way you relate the implications. In the case of awareness, a dog is more evolved that a single-celled organism, and a human is more evolved than a dog. The difference is awareness. A dog is not aware of itself, but it is aware. A human is aware of itself. So since awareness generally defines evolution, then what would we evolve to? Well, logically, we can assume that we would evolve along a line of awareness. In my mind that means we probably come from being self-aware to being collectively aware.

Once this happens, if it does, there would be no doubt that awareness is not bound by individuals. And, as per my theory, I believe this is the truth.

I believe awareness doesn't belong to you, you just manipulate it by the faculties of your brain. You focus it. We, as humans, have focused it to ourselves. Dogs don't focus it at all, they just exist by it. Therefore, they are aware, but they aren't aware that they are aware.

Like I said in my theory, awareness is responsible for the manifestation of energy. Being an infinite capacity of awareness becoming aware of what is finite, you can logically determine that awareness is not separated from one place to another. In other words, it is like a field. Of course, this is assuming my theory is true.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join