It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I finally recorded the weird sound in the sky!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Definately weird.

Sounds more manufacturing like sounds to me. There seems to be regular repeatitions etc.

Still kind of unnerving!!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Thats really weird it sounds like a single cylinder pump used for dewatering, what kind of camera is it?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Here you go guys... if you live anywhere near the wetlands of Mississippi this is probably what you are hearing.. who knows how many more of them they have that people don't know about... sorry if someone already have posted this video for a reply to you.. Don't feel like reading all comments..

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Sound can be very deceiving. I used to live a couple of miles from a rail line. When the weather was just right the trains sounded like they were right in the back yard - I could hear every last little click and bump. Sound can also be channeled and reflected off the landscape, buildings, etc with strange results. The sound in the original video could be some very normal machinery within a fairly large radius - depending on the atmospheric conditions you'll hear it clearly, faintly, or not at all. Go track it down - it will be a fun challenge

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DankDeany
Here you go guys... if you live anywhere near the wetlands of Mississippi this is probably what you are hearing.. who knows how many more of them they have that people don't know about... sorry if someone already have posted this video for a reply to you.. Don't feel like reading all comments..

That I'm assuming is the Stennis center/centre, thanks for putting the meat on the bones DankD!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Yeah this is the stennis center.. Wonder if he lives by it.. or if nasa has anymore that are lowkey

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bw_drum

Thanks! I can't wait to hear it! That rooster is loud!
I adopted him because someone abandoned him and now he's like a puppy, always waiting at the door for me and follws me everywhere!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I'm going to check this out! Thanks for the info! But would they let it run for over an hour?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I am from the same area you live in, I have heard stennis test rockets while hunting in the honey island swamp- if you are NOLA proper, I would have a hard time believing you are within earshot of that. Honey isle is about 11 miles from stennis give or take- weird noise for sure

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

I agree...sound waves can do some strange and amazing things and play tricks on you easily. What is not so easy to define for me....how so many people from so many regions are all hearing similar sounds...if not the exact same thing. I heard these sounds twice before I ever even saw a post on here about it. Yes yes I know, no proof of that, just my word...but it's true. And as far as trains....there is one that runs through my town pretty far away from my ;location, but I am very familiar with it and the sounds normally heard from it as I have lived all over this town.....and it runs very much on time...no trains at the time....no nearby airports or air bases. Occasionally we get the afternoon flyover by the Nat'l Guard doing training....mainly tankers and fighters...again...here they come....there they go sounds. Very familiar with these...and they always train the same time of day on the same days....so not these effects either.
The times I have heard these have been about 10 or 11pm on the first encounter (december snow), about 8pm then again at 2 or 3am on next (bed shaking event) and this last about 6:30pm (just for some time reference).
edit on 12-7-2011 by bw_drum because: typo...got all caught up on "hear" sorry about the use of hear as here...lol

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I hear a truck going by, a rooster crowing, someone rolling metal drums around and a printing press or some kind of factory process.

If it goes on for hours, you could walk towards it and find out what it is.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

It's a vivitar vivicam 7002 I have no idea why it does that...but it's very annoying!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DankDeany

Yes, I've heard of that machine....and the video from florida sounds exactly like that. But I don't think the "electric" sounding one could be that.....the sound was not steady, had a buzzing sound with booms and didn't really sound like an engine. It's frustrating because it is so hard to describe....I'm hoping to hear it again and get a better quality recording. Thanks for the info!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I think they would if they are testing rocket ship thrusters and aren't defying gravity or flying all the weight of a rocket ship and its fuel and every thing else.. They would probably have to run for a long time to test it..

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DankDeany

I'm in central Louisiana.....not sure if Nasa has anything around here but I'm going to check it out!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
like i said before- I have been in the area when stennis did a test (maybe half dozen times) it lasted anywhere from 30 seconds to approximately 3 minutes- and sounded nothing like this.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by inbound

I recorded this at a relative's house in central Louisiana..... I have been here for quite a while, she was telling me what she was hearing, so I listened for it and finally caught it. I live just outside of New Orleans, and have heard it there once as well.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

well you definatly wouldnt be hearing a rocket test from stennis in central La, could be something going on a Ft Polk- it is time for summer war games out that way.
who dat

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
You most likely live near an private underground military base.

Could extend for miles.

Literally could be an underground train.

Not sure though. As a person who has been following this phenomenon on ATS for quite a while, I am convinced that the military has a hand in this. The sounds are far too steady paced to be something natural.

I agree. Although traveling extensively, I have lived in southern california my whole life and had never heard these low rumbling sounds until about 6 months ago.

It happens mostly here at night, and I'll never forget the first time: it was around 3am a quiet still night, me and a couple friends were sitting in my backyard drinking and talking. Suddenly we heard this low rumbling sound that literally came out of nowhere, almost as if someone had just flipped a switch. It scared the crap out of us, because we all instantly thought we were having an earthquake, yet the ground wasn't shaking. We all stared at each other in silence, trying to figure it out.

We deduced: a) it couldnt be a jet, we hear planes and jets all the time and the sound comes and goes. This persisted in its consistency and location for over an hour. b) it wasnt a train, we dont live by any trains or subway systems, and even if it was, the same rules would apply as if it was a plane. c) we thought maybe it was some experimental aircraft that can hover for extended periods of time. But there was not one cloud in the sky, and we looked everywhere. Unless something was cloaked.....etc etc.

We sat there dumbfounded for over an hour when just as abrupt as it started, it stopped. So we called it a night. Its happened now so many times everyone is used to it. Me and my girlfriend will be in the middle of a movie at home and we'll hear it. We pause the tv and say "ahh theres that sound again..." and go back to our movie. It happens roughly twice a week.

Ive talked to several of my neighbors regarding this, and they have heard it, and have no clue what it is. This includes my neighbors who are ex-military, current police officers etc...Several of them have actually said they googled the sound and found ATS.

One neighbor explained it best when he said its reminiscent of when you strike a blow torch and keep the flame at a steady rate, then shut it off.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

The rooster and truck I pointed out.....no one rolling any drums as I was alone. It was perfectly quiet except for the rooster and the truck. As I keep saying, I did try to find the source. I drove all over the area looking for road work or constuction etc...but nothing. This place is very remote. I would never fake something, and I don't tend to over react or exaggerate. In fact, I'm one who tries to find the explanation for things before jumping to conclusions., but I couldn't do it with this.. This was really odd.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join