It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I finally recorded the weird sound in the sky!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Good idea! I'm going to try that!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Bishop2199

Interesting......what happened was at a couple of points, the whole sky brightened, but very quick like a flash. You can barely see it on the video, but if you look close you'll see it. Thanks for the input!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
You have two signals - The Noise and the Signal - the code

The last 30 sec. - Almost like Morse code or Telex.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

No, you're right, it's not a train. I hear trains all the time, and this was totally different.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

read what it says in the video. it's printed right on the video

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
When you change your camera position and you start listening to the "Code" you can see the image interference..

When you start capturing that frequency on the camera microphone you can see the change... image and light interference..

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bw_drum

Hi! You know, it's funny how you said your fiance cannot hear well, but "felt" it....my cocker spaniel was aware of it, whining and acting nervous (she never does that)...and she is blind and almost completely deaf!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lastone
When you change your camera position and you start listening to the "Code" you can see the image interference..

When you start capturing that frequency on the camera microphone you can see the change... image and light interference..

interpretation?
don't be shy. what's your theory

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bw_drum

To me, the booms are the scariest part....and the way it stops so abrupty. When it finally does stop....it is completely silent....almost too quiet because the birds weren't chirping (which is constant here) After about 15 minutes they started chirping and making noise again.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by greeneyedleo

The swooshing sound is my camera (at the end) ....for some reason it does that when batteries are low. I have stocked up on batteries and waiting for it to happen again so I can get a better recording.

No, I meant, there is a constant low swooshing sound....it is constant and never lets up....it is from start to finish...

Not sure how to describe other than swooshing
I heard the sound from your camera at the end...but this is different. I have high end DJ headphones...and they pick up everything...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

I wish I knew someone with the equipment and knowledge to break it down and isolate it. That's what needs to be done on all these recordings. Thanks for your input!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This is awesome! It almost sounds like a jet turbine. I hope you figure out what it is soon. The suspense is killing me.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

This is pretty freaky. But I am going to try my best to solve it. I hope others can record it too!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
There was a similar thread a while ago, a lot of folk concluded that it was ground tests of jet engines.

That would need a special airport facility though, you can't run jet engines continuously at a runway.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-7-2011 by smurfy because: Add link.

I had mentioned earlier that I have lived on air force bases and am very familiar with engine runs....
I currently live 30min from three (3) bases and I do not hear the engine runs now....I hear the jets flying over at super high alitidues giving a rumbling type sound....

but the sound she captured is not engine runs...esp if she lives far from Barksdale....this is something else...

now many of the other sounds captured DO sound like engine runs....but this is eerly close [sounding] and not engine runs....

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Bishop2199

Interesting......what happened was at a couple of points, the whole sky brightened, but very quick like a flash. You can barely see it on the video, but if you look close you'll see it. Thanks for the input!

I saw the lights...I figured it was a result of the camera....but if you saw it with your eyes....that is strange...

I still think you should contact your local news station to see if they will investigate and/or run it...

link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Hey Kat, not sure if you're aware of this or not but Claiborne Range is not too far away from you. It's just southwest of Alexandria, in the middle of southern portion of Kistache National Forrest.

Claiborne Range
Barksdale Air-to-Ground Gunnery Range

Apparently this place is used to test A-10 Thunderbolt II
A-10 Thunderbolt II

Interesting to note the modernization and curent use of these aircrafts in Lybia. I think this may be the source of your noise.

link   
reply to post by smurfy

I saw that too....but this was different, and lasted over an hour. It did sound like the Florida video though!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by filthysanchez

There are quite a few recordings on youtube....way better than mine, and from all over the place. Every one of them has similarities.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

It was just my camera (vivitar).....if you send me a u2u with your email, I can send you the original.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

reply to post by Greensage

I just started responding to posts because I work nights....I promise I wasn't ignoring you. That machine is
a good idea...but it doesn't seem to be the same. Not saying it couldn't be....but it sounds too "steady". The noise I heard undulates like in waves for the most part.

It undulates because the source is moving as it is dragged through the fields and orchards. The depth of the sound can change and the sounds can carry across a vast distance, sometimes sounding closer and sometimes further away.

Can you confirm if there are orchards nearby? I live in a valley where I can hear them several miles away. Not only are they similar, each unit sounds uniquely different depending on the manufacturer.

Years ago they would do crop-dusters but they are inefficient and now all the farmers are utilizing these machines through their COOP Growers. I bet if you call your local COOP they would confirm they are using Air-blast Sprayers. Technology grows and with it comes the menacing sounds of it all!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join