It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I finally recorded the weird sound in the sky!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Well, supposedly there are some underground facilites at Fort Polk, but like always, very little evidence to back this up. Could be some tunnel systems connecting Barksdale/Fort Polk/England Air Force Base. but thats a-whole-nother topic in and of itself

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

haha...now I want to be outside all night listening...instead of in the studio

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Wait I think we know what it is!!! Another Walmart going up, instantly, in the middle of nowhere! That's the sound!
Man do those things go up fast!

Sorry just had to say....

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Sounds like ambient outside noise to me.

Christ, is everyone going crazy now a days?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Hi everyone this is my first post. I was watching this thread unfold as a lurker, and then felt compelled to join as I have heard the noise too. While paying attention to the thread, I noticed that a lot of you are coming up with very "reasonable" explanations.

I live in the middle of a very crowded suburb south of chicago, and I can tell you for a fact that theres no oil refineries here "releasing pressure," there're no farmers spraying pesticides, and there definitely was no construction going on at 6 o clock in the afternoon here. I can assure you that any attempt to convince me that this sound was from a machine that was on the ground is just downright ignorant and offensive.

I know what I heard, it sounded like a plane that wasnt getting any farther or closer to here, or the beginning of rolling thunder. All I know is that it lasted for about an hour and I am absolutely positive that this sound was coming from the sky. Anyone who is trying to say otherwise obviously has not heard it in person.

The MOST interesting thing is that shortly after the noise stopped, I thought I heard it again but when I looked up, I and many of my friends saw several fighter jets subsequently patrolling the sky for the rest of that night, and the day after. There was no air or water show taking place nearby, and idk why they would suddenly coincidentally being flying all around here constantly after this strange noise.

I personally have no idea what it is or could have been, and I'm not suggesting otherwise. I am simply here to say that I have heard it, that I saw many fighter jets after, and that anyone saying it came from the ground is simply wrong. At least in my case.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I have been hearing "the noise" for several months now. It usually begins some time after midnight and lasts from 30 minutes to an hour. Some nights it wakes me up from a sound sleep. I characterize the sound as a generator with a miss. My family all thought I was crazy, until my husband heard it this week about 1:30am. He unplugged everything he could trying to find "the hum". It's a sound that "is everywhere", but "is nowhere". When it finally stops (abruptly) I say "thank God", and try to go back to sleep.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by unknown32

I'll just say north Cental Louisiana....

Hi OP, I'm posting from just south of Shreveport.

Back on page 2 I gave my theory, and I'll give it again-

They are drilling gas wells near you. That's what it sounds like, north central La. Is blowing up (bad pun) with the gas industry...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
^^^^^What this guy said^^^

This was briefly mentioned in a few posts already. It very well could be a natural gas well being vented. These videos remind me of the OP's and a few others on ATS. I'm not saying it IS, but COULD be this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You say you are surrounded by trees, so there very well could be a driling operation going on that you cannot see.
...Anyways, happy hunting. Hope you find the source soon, as I'm sure it could drive a person crazy over time.
edit on 7/12/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

Ambient noise? Well I guess you could say that since it was all encompassing and "surrounding" I have lived on this planet for some time now, and never heard this sound before......I tried to find the source...but couldn't. I am not the type who freaks out over every little thing, and I wouldn't post something until I investigated it. When I failed to find the source, that's when I posted it, hoping someone else heard it or can explain it.It was very loud and the video didn't really do it justice. So no, I haven't lost my mind, but thank you for asking

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by amaster

Possible. IBut even if it were them, what would make a sound like that? It doesn't sound like a weapon or a jet. If you find anothing, let me know ok? I'll do some checking too. Thanks for the help BTW!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
No , it doesnt sound like that within a community district / living residents ..... they would be violating public safety codes.

You dont hear Underground Military Bases , thats out of the question. Even the trains that connect the bases , you can not hear for a reason.

I havnt ever heard the sound before. I have had electromagnetic pulsating and it sorta sounds like that , do you live near a lake / pound? (Besides the Ocean?) The ocean / wind can carry some very weird sounds from objects several miles away. Heck i have heard firefights that sound like they are a mile away , but are 15+ miles away.

Thats why the military tells us the wind is a lie , just like that. Never trust the wind it carries sound / smell further than it should. However .. the wind is the perfect alarm , but never to just numbers / distance. If you are trying to ambush an Army , you camp down wind / 45 degrees of the suspected approach of the enemy force , you can hear them way before they think you can ... and smell. The ancients use to beable to tell enemy health / exhuastion by smells.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
What intrigued me about that video is the sound you hear at 2.28. If you've got head phones turn them up at this point and tell me what you hear.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I 've been hearing very similar noises in the early hours here in South Wales for the past couple of years...it always follows with days of chem trailing and cloudy skies....thick cloud when its supposedly going to be a glorious day...heat wave even.....nope thick cloud and unbearable humidity.
Something is a foot..... again.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
That's one hell of a racket, nobody should have to put up with that. Something is wrong there!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If you're in New Orleans than it's probably this rain cloud machine from NASA in Mississippi. I'm new so I really don't know how to post a video but I'll try.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
wow that took awhile to read all the pages! My first question was going to be about the animals, seems that has been covered for most part. You did mention the wild life went "still" more or less until it was done so it must have disturbed their natural rhythm in some way for sure.

I have notice that no one has seemed to ask this though. In some parts of your video, the camera seems to "Vibrate." Not just the usual bounce one gets while moving around if you know what I mean. Just seems there are parts where it really vibrates. Do you feel that comes from the ground? I mean most camera movement is more of a bounce or shaky. You have a distinct vibrate. I just wonder if the vibration was from the sound, the ground, the intensity, what have you.

I did notice the faint lights in yours as I was looking for them after watching the fla video from back when ever. I find that interesting as it seems to show in other videos as well.And light seems to add credence to it possibly coming from the sky.

While I dont have any answers, I do know I have been fascinated by this ever since Westcoast posted it up long ago. I also know you have tackled the oil spill with extreme diligence and I know you will be like a dog worrying a bone about this as well. lol You are a tenacious gal for sure and I mean that in a very positive way indeed.

I do like the suggestion of calling the tv stations or radio stations. Actually, you might have a better bet with a radio talk show type. People tend to call into those when they realize they aren't the only ones, plus radio seems to have a little more leeway than tv.

Another enigma for ATS, I love it. It does definitely tingle the creepy bone when you hear it. A world wide happening really should be figured out by the great minds of ATS, or at least we should be able to rock some boats about it and get it out into the mainstream.

Good Job Cat, you did awesome girl!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I heard almost the same noise in a park in south eastern michigan about 2 months ago. No idea what it is, but I would say it defiantly has some type of electrical sound to it. Weird

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
You know just after I posted that and walked away I had a odd thought hit me. This is really going out on a limb here but one never knows. I wonder if there are more missing persons or animals reported after this sound occurs??? Just a thought....

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

probably just a massive geomagnetic fault line building pressure to rip the continental

US in half at the miss river valley, all from too much fracking on top of last summers'

catastrophic BP drilling disaster (probably tapped into a batholithic 100km dome in the gulf)

....ah well. at least you got nice weather most of the time in LA, compared to our blustery MA.
edit on 7/12/2011 by drphilxr because: bold

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
it just sounds like a mic in open air/ you're standing by an air conditioning unit.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join