I finally recorded the weird sound in the sky!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

haha! If it were only that easy!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

No ... that's not it.

You have the signal from the beggining .. and background noises. Use a filter to listen to it.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Hi! Thanks for your thoughts....it most definitly had a buzzing electrical sound in the background.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

We didn't see a flash these last two times, but the one in December we did...a couple of them actually...but they didn't coincide with the explosive noises we heard...they seemed to happen after the explosions actually...and not in any kind of sequence...just lit up the sky like heat lightning...only more strobing I guess would be the better way to put it.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Yes that was the part I found odd too. She has had hearing problems since she was about 6 from an accident...severely limited hearing in one ear and about 60% in other. For her to "hear" wind...unless it's a raging windstorm like 40+ mph....that is the odd part. She also said she just didn't feel right.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I have equipment (software and hardware for audio mastering) that is able to do that...BUT and very big BUT here (no pun intended) the only problem you may have with that is doing any king of gain boost or signal boost...you can actually make things in the audio more pronounced and seem more "on top" by doing that, than they really are. I may be able to pull the MP3 audio off the youtube movie and try that once I get home tonight....and I am definitely removing the rooster...good god did that about knock me out of my chair! lol
I will see what I can do and try to re post a cleaned up audio if I can. May be hard to do with it being camera audio and the background noise...but I can give it a shot.

And I totally agree...that abrupt end....really is unnerving...it doesn't fade off. It just stops. Like a motor with a motor brake. Switch is thrown then nothing. I think the eerie silence has a lot to do with the fact that the sound AND the feeling are gone. Then it just feels like everything is too quiet. Your hearing seems more tuned in for some reason and notices all the little things...almost like being in shock for a second...as best a description I can give.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bw_drum

That's exactly what it was like... just the whole sky lit up. It was very fast like a flash. 3 times. It didn't show up good in the video....but maybe you can see it.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

i lean more to the side that this is geological. On the big island of Hawaii they get what they call the HUM before a volcano eruption. Makes you wonder if all the oil drilling hasn't disrupted the magma in some way??

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by westcoast

Thanks for sharing that.....did you hear the "sheet metal" womping sound too? Or was it just the roaring?

I don't want to weigh your thread down too much with my own theories/ect, but I'll expand a bit more and my own thoughts.

Yes, there is another quality to it that could be described as swooshing, but to me it seems more like a 'pulsing' or 'pushing' for lack of a better description. It seems to build, ebb, build, but there is never a 'cresendo' like you get when a jet flies overhead...it just stops. Abruptly. Strangest thing and just.....not....right.

I was working on a theory for awhile and was trying to correlate the sound to the deep tremors we have been getting here on the West Coast. The deep tremors, as best as scientist can discern, are caused by the subducting plates. They believe this because the only places they have found this so far are in subduction zones. I talk about THAT more in my 'putting it all together' thread....you see, I think it is ALL connected.

I believe there is SO much that isn't understood about this planet and the plate tectonics and what is REALLY going on under our feet. I just feel it in my gut that these sounds are related to this movement. For awhile I was tracking the direction of the sounds in relation to the location of the deep tremors for the day and it was matching up. I was in correspondence with some top USGS/PNSN geologists about it, but they stopped talking to me. I don't know if they got sick of me, or if I got too close to something.....(tin hat coming out
)

Again, I go into this more on my other threads...they have all evolved over the past year or so and have eventually ended up in the same place....resulting in my last 'putting it all together' thread.

For those that want to learn more about the deep tremors, here are a couple of web sites:

This explaines what it is:
explanation

In short, an ETS is a discreet time interval (episode) of relative tectonic plate movement (slip) coupled with high frequency seismic energy bursts (tremor). ETS usually last for around a few weeks duration as opposed to regular earthquakes where energy is released within seconds to minutes

This is a GREAT map that updates daily to show the recent tremors for the day. You can go back and look at past days and map a period of time. Cool stuff:
Deep Tremor Map

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Here is a video with the exact same sound....except on this one it stops and starts, and mine was constant. Please exuse the bad language at the end...it's not my video.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I plan to run it through my studio gear to have a better listen. I think I will check out more on you tube too....from the sound of things it sounds very similar to what was experienced here.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jrkelly77

You know, I did research that....and the sound I have heard on some of the videos sounds exactly like a volcano. But I don't think we have any here. It very well could be geological.....but it's a sound I have never heard before.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

No prob WestCoast....I'm happy to hear your thoughts on it. That's why I started this thread. There really are so many mysteries on Earth and beyond.....and you may be on to something here!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bw_drum

I would love it if you could! There are many videos on youtube...just type in "weird noise in the sky" and there are a lot of them. Please let me know what you get with the filters asap ok?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Glasses of water, a level would be useful, and keep your ear to the ground. I dont think this is anything above ground to be honest.

Specially if its happening for an hour at a time at times.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lastone

Do you know how to do that? I don't have a clue!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Oddly I have seen a few videos of magma flows taken by geologists on Discover Channel...some of the video sounds a bit like a very loud version of what the video shows. Just a theory to put out there, since I too am kind of leaning toward the geo theory myself...could we be experiencing maybe muted sounds of magma flowing below ground?
I am not sure about the make up of land in the areas that everyone lives in that is experiencing this phenom, but I know we have low mountain regions and plenty of caves, and sit on a nice little fault so I would believe by looking at some geology maps and figures. I know most of our hills and mountains were cut from glacier and waterways over the years, but never can tell what is going on under our feet...
Again just a theory.
I am open to just about any suggestions to research more on this. I am in my late 30s and have never in my life experienced something like this.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

I had mentioned earlier that I have lived on air force bases and am very familiar with engine runs....
I currently live 30min from three (3) bases and I do not hear the engine runs now....I hear the jets flying over at super high alitidues giving a rumbling type sound....

but the sound she captured is not engine runs...esp if she lives far from Barksdale....this is something else...

now many of the other sounds captured DO sound like engine runs....but this is eerly close [sounding] and not engine runs....

I appreciate what you say, and I was very much on the fence in the last thread. On the other hand this op's video sounds almost the same, in fact I thought it was the same person OP at first, but the other poster is now banned. Anyway since that, I discovered this place, Stennis Space Center Engineering & Test site,

sscfreedom.ssc.nasa.gov...

This places things a lot nearer to the op, as it is situated on the Mississippi and Louisiana border.

It is described as a one-of-a-kind facility by NASA, and it TESTS rocket and jet engines.

I do think places like these would need to be discounted first, and that requires more info.

I too, am listening with decent earphones and also through a 1000 watt system, and the bass line seem to pick up subtle changes in the sound, as if the the sound source is changing or being changed or altered in some way, that would certainly be the case if a new type/design of engine was being tested.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by adamjagger11
thats some crazy sounds ,sounds like a huge mothership hovering above cloaked up.
That's the truth. Not that I can hear this particular audio well over my iPad speakers. I'm talking about something I experienced for myself. I have heard many kinds of odd rumbles over the past year. I have over time been able to figure out the cause and source of most of them. I have noticed there has apparently been some sort of change in either my local weather or topography (much woodland was cleared recently for road construction) that seems to make ordinary jet sounds and ground sounds linger for a longer duration now. Long enough for the difference between now and times past to be noticeable not just to me but others in the area who bother to pay attention.

But there have been a very few rare occasions when there was a sound unlike anything I've experienced in my life, even growing up under an air base flight path and working near construction zones and living near other highways woods being cleared for highway construction. And that's "THE rumble" and when you experience it, every instinct in you screams out that there is a cloaked mothership right over your head!

I have not heard it too recently, but my dog has changed behavior in the past month or two that I've just started noting. She is a happy and fearless large dog but she will not for any reason consent to walk out in an open field most times. Sometimes, yes, but most times she will either turn around and actually tackle and nudge me back close to trees or houses. Or she will wrap herself around my legs and shake like crazy. She is not afraid of thunderstorms and will still go out to do her business even when thunder can be heard approaching. So it's not that. I do not know what is going on. I am NOT truly suggesting there's anything alien hovering over us. I am inclined to think it's something seismic or atmospheric. Whatever is going on, it's odd. When my dog acts up, I trust her instincts and go, though I don't sense anything myself.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join