It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Picture Taken from Cell Phone

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I would say that the "debunkers" have not given sufficent evidence to discredit the OP.

Just a bunch of lip service so far.....

If you make a claim to have the app on your "smarter than you" phone please lets see some of this handy work.

I have experienced first hand unexplained entities. I guess that I am sensitive to these sort of things... Not like the movie the 6th sense but I know when I am in the presence of these (fill in the blank). I use the term spirits but they can be called different things by different people.

No one can here can tell me what I have experienced in a personal way is not real. Heck even church going people pray to the Holy Spirit...

If you are on this site with a closed mind.... What are you doing here???

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Personally, I'm not here with a "closed mind". A simple zoom & check in Photoshop shows some discrenpancies that shouldn't be in that image if it was real.

People can say "it's real, I wouldn't know how to use Photoshop" as much as they like. I could say that (prior to posting that I have used it, of course), and you would be none the wiser.

Last night I downloaded an "add a ghost" app for my iPhone. A quick test image I did is below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d3c5e7d6deb.jpg[/atsimg]

These apps only allow you to overlay an image on top of an existing image. You can adjust size & translucency. This one even allows you to import your own "ghosts", meaning members of family etc...

The image shown at the start of this thread does not use one of these apps IMHO. The "ghost" has been placed so it appears to be behind the lady in the shot. Technically I could do this easily by using this iPhone app & then doing some further editing in Photoshop.

Below is a hoax photo I made of a ghost in our house. No. I did not create it to decieve. I created it to show my father (who still believes Nigerian bank account scams, let alone every picture he ever sees), how easy it is to fake these things.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a9b77464b3e0.jpg[/atsimg]

I believe in ghosts. In this case, I do not believe the OP's picture is genuine.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TRiPWiRE

Thank you TRiPWiRE.

You just made my point about something I posted earlier. How would any one know a REAL picture if they saw one? When i comes to pictures and photos technology has backfired in our face. Photographic evidence is a thing of the past. Now a picture is proof of nothing. As evidence pictures are next to worthless. I made a thread about this very thing. How is the legal system which depends on photographic evidence going to deal with the furture of photos in court?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TRiPWiRE

Hi tripwire

Great addition.

P.s. Is that a boerboel you have?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by stellify

Certainly is! He was following my wife around the corner and down the hall in that photo. She's disappeared around the corner but he's looking in her direction. The perfect place to put a "ghost"

'Sako' is about 7 years old & the most gentle fellow around!

I also have a couple of Rotties, a German Shorthaired Pointer and a 2 yr old female pitbull.

Lucky we've got 80 acres for them to run around on!

I'm still interested in the OP's thoughts on what has been presented to him on this thread. They did ask for it to be debunked and I believe it has been.
edit on 9/7/11 by TRiPWiRE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Just had to say, Tripwire, your post was impressive. Really analyzed the OP's photo well in addition to your hoax pics analysis.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Trip thats a good first picture you made. didnt know cell phones were capable of that.

I still know for a fact this girl would not be capable of making this and she would never think to play such a tasteless joke. would be the ugliest joke I have ever heard of and shes just not that type of person

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Oh holy crackers I so want to believe this is real. At first glance however, my gut instinct shouted 'FAKE'. I've been looking at it in Gimp and there's something around the blonde's hand that struck me as odd.

I've tried uploading the picture with circles indicating what I'm talking about, but my media center isn't letting me upload for some reason. Around her index and middle finger, it almost looks as though something like the clone tool was used. I know the lighting in the photo isn't that great, and obviously it's grainy cell phone quality, but that was one of the first things that stood out. It almost looks like an entire finger is missing with just the tip showing, or like the index finger is extending farther into the palm of the hand then would be normal. Seeing as this is right next to the face of the ghost, it just jumped out at me.

Does anyone else see what I mean? I'll try and upload the photo somewhere else to show.

Edited to add the picture -

I've circled the area I'm talking about

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef3c87d4cdd2.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 9-7-2011 by Cinquain because: Added photo

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Understood.

I would hate to cast dispersions upon an innocent party. I just took a look at the photo. That’s all.

Based on what I personally could see, there were a few things that didn’t seem right. Like I said - I believe in ghosts but in all seriousness, I'm yet to see a crystal clear image that doesn't appear manipulated in some way. Maybe that’s just the nature of these shots. Real or not.

Whoops - That was directed at readytorevolt. Sorry - I forgot the reply to bit!
edit on 9/7/11 by TRiPWiRE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by readytorevolt

I will I have the pictures on a friends facebook page and my laptop is broke I have to do all this stuff from my phone and trust me if I had a bunch of guillable friends to run the joke on why stop. You say I fail? Well say it all you want you were asked to provide pictures if the girl this supposedly is before her death...

And what I was saying is for a ghost to manifest itself like that there would need to be room for the ghost in the picture. Which there is not. Too short? Yeah she its too short the girl in the foreground is ibdidnt sitting down and the ghost is hardly over her shoulder. So it would have to be a child because when average heightvwas that tall it would have been impossible for your friend too meet her.
When I was in high school I had everybody believe I saw the devil all I needed was the story and someone else to collude with and everyone was convinced. Got me out of being tardy too.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I'm so fuvking tired of idiot hoaxers. Thanks to technology, we might never know the truth.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by joelatour

I will I have the pictures on a friends facebook page and my laptop is broke I have to do all this stuff from my phone and trust me if I had a bunch of guillable friends to run the joke on why stop. You say I fail? Well say it all you want you were asked to provide pictures if the girl this supposedly is before her death...

And what I was saying is for a ghost to manifest itself like that there would need to be room for the ghost in the picture. Which there is not. Too short? Yeah she its too short the girl in the foreground is ibdidnt sitting down and the ghost is hardly over her shoulder. So it would have to be a child because when average heightvwas that tall it would have been impossible for your friend too meet her.
When I was in high school I had everybody believe I saw the devil all I needed was the story and someone else to collude with and everyone was convinced. Got me out of being tardy too.

insert "He Mad" photo here. If your debunk was half way decent at all I would give you credit like I did for the guy who actually posted pictures relevant to mine. First of all she is sitting at the bar she has built in her barn on a high bar stool. notice the railing by her lower hand? They dont put those on kitchen tables. The back wall is at the minimum 5 feet behind her. The ghost is actually quite tall... notice where the top of the window ends. see the cars up there?

Its not easy to get pictures of somebody who has passed away that you have no relation to. Im working on it.

and I feel sorry for your "friends" that you are so willing to lie and play tricks on. must suck to know you but keep in mind not everybody enjoys such tasteless jokes as you
edit on 10-7-2011 by readytorevolt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by readytorevolt

insert "He Mad" photo here. If your debunk was half way decent at all I would give you credit like I did for the guy who actually posted pictures relevant to mine. First of all she is sitting at the bar she has built in her barn on a high bar stool. notice the railing by her lower hand? They dont put those on kitchen tables. The back wall is at the minimum 5 feet behind her. The ghost is actually quite tall... notice where the top of the window ends. see the cars up there?

Its not easy to get pictures of somebody who has passed away that you have no relation to. Im working on it.

and I feel sorry for your "friends" that you are so willing to lie and play tricks on. must suck to know you but keep in mind not everybody enjoys such tasteless jokes as you
edit on 10-7-2011 by readytorevolt because: (no reason given)

And the more passionate the rebuttal, the bigger the lie. We're not stupid. I gave you the benefit of the doubt like so many other lonely, ego-driven hoaxers. Get a life or show us something that backs up your claims.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
That was a little bit snappy on my part but his know it all attitude combined with everything him saying being wrong was annoying me.

Calling me a hoaxer is quite a stretch when I lifted this from a friends facebook page. and expecting me to have a picture of this lady that I have no relation to and have never even met is a high expectation. Im hoping to get it but its not like its going to make a difference in this thread. You dont see much of the face. I could upload any random picture and say its her and it would be the same thing. I kinda want to see what she looked like tho so Im still trying to get one.

I think we are all aware that you can make anything on a computer. Its cool that you can make it on a cell phone but if thats your reason to dismiss every picture now than I guess thats your loss. You should focus on the picture I posted instead of current technology.

As for the hand it does look a little goofy but if you count the fingers and look at the shadows you can see its normal.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRiPWiRE
I had a look at it in Photoshop. It's always tricky with low quality phone snaps but...

It looks suspicious around the point where the real persons face joins the ghosts. The pixels appear to be re-positioned. I also notice a large variation between the blinds on the ghost side & behind the girl. The area around her fingers seems different too. I can also see something suspicious with the hair on the ladys fringe near the ghost.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bfcd84e13ca0.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 7/7/11 by TRiPWiRE because: (no reason given)

The blinds look to me like they are 2 seperate sets, if you look around the middle you can almost make out a straight line, which I assume is where 1 set of blinds ends and the other begins. 1 just seems to be open more than the others. You are correct though, it's hard to tell properly with grainy mobile phone pics, but it seems like a good photo to me whether real or fake.

After looking at the facebook you can tell its a joke. She doesnt have to be tech savvy somebody opens the app picks the ghost resizes it and places it where they want. It also has an auto-mode. For easy candid shots. Like I said download the app and go through the ghosts you'll see it there. If you would like I could take a picture with that app of the exact same ghost to prove my point?

edit on 8-7-2011 by joelatour because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-7-2011 by joelatour because: (no reason given)

sorry I had no one to pose for it. You can adjust the position zoom in and zoom out change the transparency and edit it a while bunch of ways also I would like to add as a photography minor in college that this ghost has no position in the photo the girl in the foreground looks like she is sitting and there is not much room for her to move back further which implies this ghost is really short and that is as skinny as a board. For the ghost to actually be there it would need a significant amount of space at least enough for its body to take up...unless its radiating like the shroud of turin and you can see it through a solid object ie: the blinds

What are you trying to prove here? You said you were gonna produce a picture with the exact same ghost. This isn't the same ghost at all, not even close. As for the issue of space, we're talking about a ghost here not some solid object. For someone so confident that you could debunk this I have to say I'm a little disappointed.

Originally posted by Cinquain
Does anyone else see what I mean? I'll try and upload the photo somewhere else to show.

I see exactly what you mean, something about the hand definately doesn't look right.

Honestly, I don't know whether this is real or not, I'd certainly like to see another picture of the late one. However, I havent' seen anyone offer solid evidence of this being fake either. Plenty of empty claims though.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Interesting...It definitely scared me a bit when I saw the pic.

You say this exact girl had already passed away OP?

If this is true, then that's a little disturbing...I for one am not quick to dismiss, epecially without evidence to debunk you.

And if, everything you're saying (I hope you're not lying) is true, about taking it from facebook, & the girl passing away, then it could in fact be genuine.

So did your friend, you, or anybody else know this little girl?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

maybe I'm just seeing things,but does that not remind anyone of "troll face"

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I would have to say that I am suspicious of this picture. If you open the picture, zoom to 800% and look at the ladies upward arm, far right finger. there is what appears to be manipulation of this area.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

it almost looks as though the "ghost" is partially blocking a portion of her hair which makes me believe it not to be authentic but then again i'm no expert so i must take it at face value and trust you when you say it's real...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

you beat me to it. that's the best looking ghost ive ever seen!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join