It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Picture Taken from Cell Phone

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Very easily faked, and the fact that it is framed so perfectly is the number one give away. It's a dim, low light on a shoddy cell phone camera.

These sort of ghost photos circulate the internet quite often, and if I am not mistaken, all are taken on a camera phone.

Is it just me or does this just look incredibly... convenient looking? You have the main woman perfectly framing the face in terms of head angle and where her hand meets her shoulder. The you have the ghostly apparition behind it which, and I don't think many will disagree with me here, can be faked easily enough.

The real woman is seated, and the ghost apparition is right behind her at the same level - as if she were seated.
edit on 13-7-2011 by beauty from pain because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by beauty from pain

Just because something is incredibly 'convenient' looking doesn't mean it is always fake. It could just be pure dumb luck. Anyone could say pretty much any photo could be easily faked. So what? I have no idea on how to analyze photos to see whether they have been edited, but I haven't seen anyone here yet prove this picture to be fake yet.
edit on 14-7-2011 by phoenixlights321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixlights321

Just because something is incredibly 'convenient' looking doesn't mean it is always fake. It could just be pure dumb luck. Anyone could say pretty much any photo could be easily faked. So what? I have no idea on how to analyze photos to see whether they have been edited, but I haven't seen anyone here yet prove this picture to be fake yet.
edit on 14-7-2011 by phoenixlights321 because: (no reason given)

So what? It's that kind of thinking that makes my blood boil. It is the pursuit and quest for knowledge and truth that drive certain people, like me, to question these things.

While this is my opinion, I do not see any actual real reason to believe that this is an authentic paranormal photo. I gave my reasoning (the framing where the apparition appears) looks too

1. Staged
  2. Edited

If we look at it simply, we can see that it is dimly lit, no flash, grainy, and low light. The camera resolution is low. There are ways to fake this image which is enough for me to believe that this is faked. If the apparitions face was coming out of her forehead, or through the table, or appearing in front of the real woman in the picture I might second guess things. Not to mention that the background is of a glass window. Reflections could have easily played a factor in this. But she's behind the real girl, it's a dark image, I personally think the framing is too convenient, it just screams unauthentic to me.

And no one has been able to prove this image is real, either.
edit on 14-7-2011 by beauty from pain because: Spelling

edit on 14-7-2011 by beauty from pain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by beauty from pain
The real woman is seated, and the ghost apparition is right behind her at the same level - as if she were seated.

If you read the thread you'll see this part has already been explained. She's actually sat at a bar on a tall stool, so anyone stood behind her would be at a similar height.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJKris

Originally posted by beauty from pain

If you read the thread you'll see this part has already been explained. She's actually sat at a bar on a tall stool, so anyone stood behind her would be at a similar height.

I honestly don't see the logic in that. I've worked at bars for many years (with the tall bar tools that wrapped around the bar) and I have seen people stand next to a seated person on a bar stool appear both taller, shorter, and similar in height.

If I understand this correctly, this is a homemade bar that she created? Well, if I look at bar set ups, the wall where the liqour is stacked generally has a mirror behind that (for both aesthetics, to check to see the bar patrons behind you when you turn your back, and added light). Could that not have been the person behind the bar somehow reflecting off the pane of glass behind her?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
not that I feel height makes any difference here. but if her sitting on a barstool is throwing you off look at the ghost in relation to the window behind her.

keep in mind that window is big enough to need two sets of blinds.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Here we go again....

Sorry but I'm screaming FAKE!

Nice ghost app.

Your friend is playing a trick on you.

I had this app and the UFO app and I had lots of fun messing with people. You can add ghosts and then with another app like the photoshop app you can edit it. Heck the ghost app I had u could edit the ghost at the same
time.

There have been quite a few threads on here with pics like this.

Sorry but I'm not buying it. I played with that app enough to know how it works.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by readytorevolt
not that I feel height makes any difference here. but if her sitting on a barstool is throwing you off look at the ghost in relation to the window behind her.

keep in mind that window is big enough to need two sets of blinds.

I am going to state that I have heard more evidence to suggest that this is a hoax. I have yet to hear something substantial to suggest that this is a real ghost.

If the 'ghost' in question here is actually just another woman sitting behind the bar, she could have easily been sitting on a bar stool too. My point is that to me, it looks like either her friend behind the bar facing her and taking the picture of her and either is a reflection, an application, or Photoshopped in after.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I do not like this picture at all, I cannot look at it for long, it makes me go really cold. That doesnt happen to me often, Im not going to say anything bad about it because Im seriously spooked by it. That looks like a picture of a dead person, not a ghost, like they died in pain or something. I dont know what it is but I really do not like it one bit.

I have a few photos I took of ghosts/spirits, they are cat faces. Most people dont believe they are real, they are in a tree, when I can create a thread, it will be interesting to see the comments, because I know the truth, same as the person who took that pic knows the truth. If thats a real, genuine pic, it isnt good at all, very bad vibes from that indeed

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Really creepy picture.

The face has that 'flat look' that many of the most haunting ghost pictures I've ever seen have.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

If anyone could buy this and browse through the "ghost pictures" that'd be nice.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by readytorevolt

What face? that's an artifact of the horrible quantity of the camera..seriously it doesn't even look like a face.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

I think the quality is pretty good for a mobile (much better than my BB), the face is very clear, I just wonder why they are happy that 'it' is visiting this lady, it looks super scary, almost evil....not nice looking at all. Most images I have seen of 'genuine' spirits, dont look evil like this. They seem to take on a more serene/peaceful presence after death. I'd be saying some sort of peaceful mantra over that mobile phone, I had a horrid nights sleep after looking at it last evening.

Im just adding to this rather than make another post. I think this is real, just because the feeling Im getting from looking at it. its the same kinda feeling I get when I come across photos after death (not spirit)...super creeps me out. Why is she visiting this new wife I wonder. She just doesnt look happy. It would be in super poor taste to fake this, since she is step mother to the 'ghosts' daughter. Just way weird....
edit on 16-7-2011 by CherryV because: ETA

edit on 16-7-2011 by CherryV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CherryV

CherryV, this is a hoax. I'm sure if someone had an iPhone (I have Blackberry so therefore I can't get those applications), and just snap a pic of something like this, you'd see.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Maybe you are right and the whole photo is a fake, but that actual image looks real, maybe it was taken from another picture or something? And if that is the case that it is a hoax...then, well thats just cruel. And so wrong in many ways, leading friends of the deceased on like that. Makes me shudder...

ETA..my son has an iPhone, I'll ask him when he gets home, he uses all the apps
edit on 16-7-2011 by CherryV because: ETA

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by CherryV

Let me know what your son finds on his phone.

Here are some links to various different versions that you can get:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I don’t think I could perform (if you know what I mean) with the ghost of my first wife around. Although it does conjure up thoughts of…

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I'm sorry but the fact it is a mobile upload proves nothing. Not only are there photo editing software/apps on phones, but it is also possible to send a picture from a computer to a phone.

For example, I could photoshop an image on the computer. I would then be able to email the doctored photo to my phone from my computer, or transfer the picture to the phone via bluetooth/USB cord. Then I can use facebook to upload my picture from my phone, and voila it becomes a "mobile upload." Just because someones photos are in their "mobile upload" folder does not mean the picture was taken on a phone. It also does not mean the photo is unedited.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
^ we figured that out about 4 pages ago.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Hello again, I am back with some more info after speaking to my son, and us playing around with a lot of various apps on his iPhone. Maybe add some relevance?

The first thing he said, was that he has had many versions of the iPhone, and none of the pictures ever came out that fuzzy ~except for in an Ice Bar. [At a guess, I would say the person taking this didnt use a flash, for some reason]

Next, after I showed him the picture on page 1, he said he would have to mess about with photo edit software (as mentioned a few pages back) to get anything like that.

Next, we tried a lot of apps, none of the ghostly images were anything like that, infact all the ones we tried looked incredibly fake, and we had a hard time getting the head to even look the right scale. They all produced photos which any person I know, would say 'Oh cool app!'.....not to question if it was real or not. I'm not saying we tried every app going to do this sort of thing, but we chose quite a few random ones...and bear in mind they were all free apps, as he wasnt going to pay to test them all out for me

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join