It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Picture Taken from Cell Phone

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by readytorevolt

that picture has scared me! Not because it is believed to be a ghost, but looking at the face behind, is like looking in a mirror! Its me!

My son just took a look at this picture, he thought it was me too! Im now wondering if I could be related to the lady who passed
edit on 21/03/2011 by eccentriclady because: to add more information

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by eccentriclady

o.0

Can we just close this thread, now?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by beauty from pain
reply to post by eccentriclady

o.0

Can we just close this thread, now?

Or you could just leave this thread since you havent posted anything of value in it. The world doesnt revolve around you princess

People like you shouldnt even open threads like this. If there is no form of photography you will accept in a case like this then why bother opening it?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beauty from pain

it is, as always my personal choice if I wish to post on an open and available thread. Please allow me to choose for myself.

Seeing a photo that seems to have captured my own face is definately an unusal experience and one I felt was worth commenting on.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The same could go for people like you as well - there's no amount of logic, reason, or evidence that would lead you to admit you don't have something spectacular on your hands.

The picture's had work done on it - my guess, as previously stated, would be somewhere around the woman's hand. Regardless of whether you think your friend couldn't be capable of doing such a thing or not - some people can appreciate a good hoax/prank.

Also, nobody knows if that's even who you say it is, as you've yet to provide any other photos to show it is. The 'ghost' looks like a little girl - not the ex wife of a grown man with children.

Also, to eccentriclady - People look similar to others all the time. Ever heard of doppelgangers? I've had people stop me more times than I can remember and start talking to me like they knew me - all because I looked identical to someone they used to date, or a friend's family member or something. I think it's more likely that is the case here, rather than you randomly being related to a 'ghost' on the internet.
edit on 17-7-2011 by Cinquain because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2011 by Cinquain because: spelling

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
i do agree. i have never seen anyone look so similar to me. it felt a little odd, i have heard it is not unusual.
i have no opinion on the validity of the photo. although i would like it to be real.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I think I did my fair share of at least trying to determine as to why it is a fake. There is no need to be snarky. Other than people telling me that they 'feel' that this picture is genuinely that of the paranormal, I think the evidence shown by other community members here have overwhelmingly shown it to be a fraud.

People like you shouldnt even open threads like this. If there is no form of photography you will accept in a case like this then why bother opening it?

I've been a member here for quite some time (with two different user names). Not only have I come here to learn, I've actually contributed to this site a couple of times. I'm not just some random person who comes here trying to &#^% things up. People like me? Or do you mean people who are going to sit and accept a shoddy, visual aid that was clearly shown to have been edited as undeniable truth as the paranormal?

When someone posts a picture and and then state "debunkers have fun with this one but its going to be hard to claim photoshop when its a mobile upload and I have seen it in the phone with my own two eyes"... you are going to get some people who are going to actually take some time out to overlook your image to find out if it a hoax.

Not only is it Photoshopped, it was done very badly. My other half explained to me that it looks like it's just 60% transparency

edit on 20-7-2011 by beauty from pain because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Sorry, after reading this thread, glancing a minute at the photograph and whatnot I had to finally join the forums.

I've been doing this stuff for years and years now. Want proof? Give me a project, pay me, and I'll do whatever you like.

Anyways, there are so many inconsistencies here that I cringe a little bit. Let me first off just say that if you do tell us its a hoax later on, I'll nod my head and say it was not a bad job.

But, first off, there are more than 2 photos actually merged here. 3, maybe 4 even. First the image of Ohio girl, second, the photo of the ghost girl behind her, third, the face that takes up the entire right side of the blinds (think back to that earlier guys post with the images of the bloody face facing the camera and you'l see what i'm looking at - easier seen in the last b&w photo posted just prior), and 4, whether an entirely new photo or just a layer tacked on there, i can see eraser tools used, cloning, and (if only simple or nonadvanced tools were used) a smudge tool.

Smudge is found to the left of the "real" girls face, or her ear actually, actually smearing the blinds with a kind of downward momentum.

Cloning tool areas were mentioned before, as well as issues w the lighting, depth, and sharpness issues. If I really really have to to end this hoax, I'll circle each and every little problem in there, but really, there are tons, guys.

~V
edit on 20-7-2011 by SoulVisions because: smudging clarification. Also, it could all have been doen simply by cutting out the "ghost girl," moving her to the left a little (see the line of her faces matches a place on the blinds just to her right), and erasing a bit of one layer around the ghost girl, then dropping that top layer's transparency. boo, it's done. 5 seconds. Figured I'd put that in there... I can see readytorevolt already going "nuh uhn" that's not how i did it! whateves.. sorry for the rant.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
^ lol at saying there are 3 or 4 pictures there and then showing nothing to prove it.

The smudge behind her ear is her hair. Its a grainy cell phone picture in terrible lighting. It just didnt pick it up well.

I would enjoy you pointing out your other problems with this picture because Im sure they will be quite easy to explain.

edit on 20-7-2011 by readytorevolt because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2011 by readytorevolt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
sure. I'd be delighted to.

As for the mutilple photos thing, it's only ONE way to achieve such an effect. I'll duplicate this exact same thing for you if I have to. And if you seriously want me to, I will post the errors in the current pic. Why the hell are you so defensive, man? First you ask what people think of it, then argue left and right that it positively is real, working to debunk US instead? wth...

edit: man seriously, the smudging effect is not her hair. zoom in on the area of the photos. pixels are moved. then a layer added on top of everything to give it that textured "old photo unretouched" effect
edit on 20-7-2011 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Its pretty easy to tell thats her hair. Look how poorly the picture picked up the rest of her hair and the way she is wearing it. You can see the hair go down her right cheek and behind her ear. Just like its pretty easy to count her fingers and see the hand is fine.

what would the point be of a hoaxer using the smudge right there? They managed to place everything perfect as hard at it would have been on a cell phone with all the blinds yet they decided to be lazy and smudge right there?

I welcome you posting screen shots of your evidence of multiple pictures or any other things fishy becuase Im pretty sure I could explain them rather easy

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

just a few to tie you over. I'm eating dinner and trying to work, play, and do this post at the same time...
edit on 20-7-2011 by SoulVisions because: image link.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
^ troll attempt?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
A ghost by definition is something that doesnt exist! Finished!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

SMOKING!!! YES!!!

I've studied this picture so many times. I had found pretty much everything you have listed but the finger position etc still had me stumped. That now makes perfect sense. Thank you!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Doesnt take a genius to tell it's fake...but in case you want a genius's opinion it's fake.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Is it possible the OP could get more pics to post so we can inspect them?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayUK20
Is it possible the OP could get more pics to post so we can inspect them?

It's possible that the OP won't post anything anymore because he knows he's been had.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join