It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mankind's Lost and Forgotten history. A Perspective

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I have always thought the big cities existed....the Bible records that Nineveh was a great city 3 days journey from one side to the other...

and then there was that city they found using google map in the atlantic....measure it from end to end...700 mile square....

Jonah 3:1 And the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the second time, saying,
Jonah 3:2 Arise, go unto Nineveh, that great city, and preach unto it the preaching that I bid thee.
Jonah 3:3 So Jonah arose, and went unto Nineveh, according to the word of the LORD. Now Nineveh was an exceeding great city of three days' journey.
Jonah 3:4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Your contribution is always anticipated. I thought that would shake up things a bit. People can't believe we can lose knowledge or "Get Dumber" but the proof has been staring us in the face for centuries. For the longest time we couldn't read Hieroglyphs, Mayan writing or Sanskrit etc.

Yes you are. You claimed humanity became dumber which simply isn't true. You are implying that the civilizations that followed the Egyptians weren't as smart, which again simply isn't true.

The rest of my reply wasn't exactly aimed at you, but the nonsense that surrounds all these conspiracies about ancient civilizations. If you want to know the truth, simply read a book about ancient civilizations. It's all been accurately covered and written down. There is no conspiracy to hide the truth, as some people would have us believe.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Absolutely, i knew you were on to it! It may have been farther east, but as far as a passage goes it makes sense that India was where it took place.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

All great point.

Modern man replies heavily on transportation for food and other resources. The vast majority of the worlds populations are moving into Urban/City locations. Most if not all have no farming or agricultural skills. These locations do not produce or support their own energy needs. Many of the people living there use and rely on those resources but do not know how to fix or repair the technology they use and rely on. Our highest tech consumer electronics are mainly manufactured by very accurate and highly technical machines. "Machines building Machines" etc.

As we advanced and moved up the technological scale we have become more not less vulnerable IMO.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide

Absolutely, i knew you were on to it! It may have been farther east, but as far as a passage goes it makes sense that India was where it took place.

I respect and am very interested in their history and tales/myths.

I believe there are tiny kernels of truth hidden away in them. It wouldn't surprise me though if they got some of the facts/details wrong, skewed or fluffed with embellishments etc. After all we are talking about supposedly thousands of year old Oral Tradition which was later written down just a few thousand years ago. Yes, I believe there were submerged ancient locations around India. but I'll hold to the idea that maybe Indian Myth over the centuries may have become a tad bit too "Indian Centric"

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Wow again Slayer and thank you for the heads up. You prompted a little google earth research regarding ocean depths after I read your 2nd installment curious if every continent we relate to today was reachable on foot. I arrived at the conclusion that a little bit of every early civilization were intermingling in some small yet significant way (again imho). I think that with continued focus on historic sea level data and searching specifically in the "shallows" (bad choice of words I know) we will eventually find the smoking gun for many lost civilizations and more keys to our connectedness and fewer differences.

I appreciate you being a part of my daily import.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred

Yes you are. You claimed humanity became dumber which simply isn't true. You are implying that the civilizations that followed the Egyptians weren't as smart, which again simply isn't true.

No I didn't make any "Claims" that's your perception not my intent. We didn't get dumber... You've taking the conversation out of context. That was in reference to "Lost Knowledge" which nobody who has researched the topic can say hasn't happened. I never implied others were not as smart as the Egyptians. I did say they could not read "Hieroglyphs" Just like the Ancient Egyptians could not read "Ancient Chinese" Some however will see that as "Getting Dumber" Please re-read the whole Opening piece.

There is no conspiracy to hide the truth, as some people would have us believe.

No but again had you followed the links provided and read it through in it's proper "Context" of what was being discussed you would have found that we were discussing known real historical periods and events where "Knowledge and historical Records" have been destroyed.

Explained and discussed further here --> The Destruction of Human History
edit on 8-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

So if we went back in time, these ancient people would be able to instantaneously understand English, Russian, Arabic, Cantonese, Japanese & Finnish. Somehow I don't think so. If these people were so advanced, then where's all their advanced technology? All I'm seeing is the typical conspiracy theories from people with wild imaginations and no evidence to back it up. Some knowledge has obviously been forgotten, but that doesn't make them more advanced or more intelligent than modern man. When silly conspiracy theorists rant & rave that modern man couldn't build pyramids, they are talking complete nonsense. Of cource we could, but why would we want too. One thing is for sure, our ancient ancestors couldn't build sky scrapers, or split the atom, as they simply weren't smart enough.

If an advanced culture, comparable in technology & knowledge to modern man existed in the distant past, then it must of been one hell of a cataclysm to remove all traces of it. Because that's something even the recent earthquakes and tsunami in Japan couldn't do.

Woolly Mammoths Remains: Catastrophic Origins?
www.talkorigins.org...
www.answersingenesis.org...

edit on 8-7-2011 by kindred because: links

Hi Kindred

I would call it a different kind of intelligence. Im not sure one would be better then the other but one could be more pure then the other. When I say pure, I mean like in a oneness kind of living with the earth and the natural powers of the earth. As we think we are further along then any past civilization, we have turned away from caring for the world and our fellow man. We have turned away from our natural born use as care takers of this world and its creatures and its powers. We use it and abuse all that is on it and in it.

Is it such a great thing that many of us dont plant our our foods or understand the worth of killing and hunting our own food? Is it such a great thing that we all eat processed foods now with many chemicals and added hormones?

If we loose the worth and value of natural living in sync with our sphere...have we really achieved greatness?

So I would say that intelligence could be measured in many ways. If one believes that man has the ability to protect and be keepers of the earth and its creatures....and that this would be mans natural ability of its nature since we are 'of the earth' as well....then I am very unsure that we are greater now, then in the past or even that we are greater then the tribesmen that still exists today.

I can remember in the depths of my spiritual path...I wanted to remove myself from the modern world and was longing to live a more natural life, in oneness, with nature.

And what if things like knowing how to split a atom only leads to destruction and chaos? Do we still call it a great thing and call ourselves intelligent?

Look at all the mining and destroying we have to do to the earth to live the way we live today. And if we are so intelligent....why do we have so much material in one place while others have dirty water and starve in others?

If we loose care of our home, in the process of becoming 'greater'....is that intelligent?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Your contribution is always anticipated. I thought that would shake up things a bit. People can't believe we can lose knowledge or "Get Dumber" but the proof has been staring us in the face for centuries. For the longest time we couldn't read Hieroglyphs, Mayan writing or Sanskrit etc.

The rest of my reply wasn't exactly aimed at you, but the nonsense that surrounds all these conspiracies about ancient civilizations. If you want to know the truth, simply read a book about ancient civilizations. It's all been accurately covered and written down. There is no conspiracy to hide the truth, as some people would have us believe.

Just to touch a fast note on something you said about no one trying to hide anything.

I think some things are not so much hidden but the powers have taken mankinds focus and distracted us from things that once used to be very important to man. The distraction from holding the earth in a respectful light.

I wonder sometimes if the powers that be are even aware of the gems that they have distracted mankind from or if it is not just a happenstance that in their race for power and rulership that this has happened.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ariel bender

Regarding the Egyptians and iron...

There were a few artifacts found in the Great Pyramid many years ago. Among them was a small iron artifact...

Discussed further here---> How they Built the Great Pyramid of Egypt
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f0ac7261467.gif[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/09a8093aace7.gif[/atsimg]

Great Pyramid Iron plate
In 1837, Colonel Howard Vyse, with the assistance of two civil engineers (John Perring and James Mash), investigated the air shafts in the King's Chamber of the Great Pyramid described by George Sandys more than 200 years earlier. A man in Vyse's team, J.R. Hill, was put in charge of clearing the mouth of the southern shaft. Vyse's methods were not subtle, and the use of explosives was employed resulting in the vertical gash that can still be seen on the south side of the pyramid.

On Friday, 26 May 1837, after a few days of blasting and clearing, Hill discovered a flat iron plate about 26 cm (10.2") long, 8.6 cm (3.4") wide, with a thickness ranging from .4 cm (.2") to nearly zero. The plate weighs about 750g. Vyse proclaimed it to be "the oldest piece of wrought iron known." Hill affirmed that his find was legitimate:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

dude................i love you..... in a not weird way....

I must have missed this some how..
Yeah I love youz twoz
And yes, In a weird way...

NOT

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
I agree that it is very possible that the human race has been nearly
Brought to extinction several times in the past.
The remaining survivors did what they could do
To keep our race alive and try to keep the memory and the knowledge
Of the past alive as well.
But the knowledge failed to be past on,and we became children again
And started from the beginning again with clues left behind
From our past.

Thanks slayer,great thread.

The sad thing is, nobody wants to admit these clues are real. They call these clues, myths and stories......

Instead of learning from history, modern humans think we are above it and can re-write it and create it without having to head warnings of past generations.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Really great thread man.
I've got a question about Egypt, and it involves timeline.
What are your opinions about the water erosion around the pit the sphinx was built in?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

How DNA gets around

Noted author Dr. Barry Fell found evidence of movements.
People tired of their same old surrounding decide to move on.
When does that happen.

One of the Google summaries:

How Could Ancient Egyptian Ships Cross the Indo-Pacific? (1 p) Barry Fell 2/1-p 24. Fell responds to an anthropologist's challenge by referring to his ...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Pardon my interruption so I could ask for opinions but something that was said in the video about orbs being electric sparked my attention.

I have some photos that have always struck me odd. I will post them. They have always grabbed me as being linked in some way to electric fields or something of that sort. The images that interest me are things I could not see with my own eyes but only saw on the photos.

The first is a simple orb looking thing but very large compared to the usual orb photos I have seen. And notice the seemingly spiral looks inside the 'orb'.

The next is a image I took while I was on one side of the waterway while I was taking a picture of the moon. A strange image shows up on the photo, looks kinda like a image of a man but headless.

As I do a zoom with this image, the figure seems to carry a very electric look to it.

Im not one to really say what they are...but they do seem to carry some sort of electric look to them?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

SLAYER69 the pesentation is well written which I see is to be expected from a gold contributer. The data you shared makes alot of sense in relation to the multiple Iceages and FLOOD. I am 1 who feels there was a more advanced civilization on Earth in the past as they are NOW its just now its hard to see them who remained. I feel this advancement in technology is what coincided with the multiple FAILS of ancient society. 1 nation had hyper technology and then another and next thing WARS broke out. When these wars broke out it off set the I will call it BALANCE of nature here on Planet Earth. With offset of natural balance, Nature had to redo itself ALL species present included. This is going into outta box realm so bear with me please. Now when these anciens civilizations got to ADVANCED the nextstep always seemed to do each other in. Sort of Ironic as they seeked power over 1 another they eventually used it against 1 another. SAD reminds me of TODAY. Anyway with nature being ALL including human interactions it would seem that nature would step in from time to time of BE INFLUENCED SOMEHOW (THIS IS ANOTHER TOPIC NATURE BEING INFLUENCED) for reason of RE balancing wild animal life here as well as the LIFE of the PLANET itself. Humans in the past if how I view them were highlyadvanced and the catch is the more advanced the less material used in the technologies. So things could of occured that also left data in form of peices of equipment and craft and weapons of ancients but again due to it being so advanced the materials could of either dried up or chemically changed into an entirely different mineral deposit making them almosyt impossible to detect without higher technology. Or the data could of simply be regathered and taken away to prevent future civilizations from making the same dreadful mistakes with the technology. Again WAY outta box... But I really feel over the many many years man has been here that the advancing is in cycles. To somewhat prevent a young civilization from destroying itself. As you said time will verify 1 of our view points of either high advanced civz. or just advanced civz. with current data of those ancient times of building and painting data sharing, and current man just doesnt understand how they did it.

I am 1 who followes the AAH data and do feel YES Earth was visited and modified. And yes I gather some of my data from the ancients who WERE able to share data on stone iron and even CRYSTAL DATA HOLDERS. I think the crystal data will provide some crystal clear info if found and properly umm activated. But from the ancients of SUMER I read and try to understand as much as 1 can what they wrote and they also mention the great flood. Approx 7000 to 8000 years ago is were this data comes from so how long agao it really happened still remains a mystery. The flood written by the Sumarians included a individual knon as Utnapishtim and them known as the ancient GODS (Annunaki) back then. (more AHH LOVE) Here is my ATS thread I did on it for reference material.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So with this verification of the great flood it had to of played a major role in ancient civilizations movements if they moved and modern civilizations bloods within them being spread and located in various parts of the world. The flood could of well happened during Pangis deformation timing when the land masses were given water borders???? 1 doesnt know SLAYER69 but there is much more to this. And it would be nice if ALL of us could see the information shared between those in the know. even if the data is written on gold or iron or crystal tablets speaking of some very harsh things that occured multiple times in the past and included clear future data.

I like to see these threads becaus it helps genetically to spark thinking of the past and what may be to come. I just wish ALL the clear data was shared. I wont be made if the outcomes didnt always favor humanities well being. but atleast we can understand and prepare better as a globe and not just those chosen by whoever.

Keep up the good work SLAYER^( 1 can only hope to be able to put threads together in such a good way in the future.

Be well

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
Really great thread man.
I've got a question about Egypt, and it involves timeline.
What are your opinions about the water erosion around the pit the sphinx was built in?

I'm still up in the air over the age of the sphinx. I can see both sides of the argument. I wasn't going to get into the whole Sphinx question in this thread. But it is related. I will provide some information from another thread of mine that Is presently in the works

Now supposedly the Great Sphinx was built in approximately 2500 BC by the pharaoh Khafra, the builder of the second pyramid at Giza. The sphinx was carved in place and is the single largest statue in the world. Because of that there are many layers of strata. [I'm no expert but using common sense it raises many questions] Some have theorized the weathering is proof of it being older than the given date. This is an interesting hypothesis. I understood what you were saying. I am addressing many of those questions in my up coming thread on the Sphinx. What I was getting at is if what we are told about its age is true and that it was created at the same time as the Second large pyramid of Giza was then why does it show so much more wear?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9d34ed3dc983.jpg[/atsimg]

We are told that throughout it's long history that it was buried periodically up to and possible over it's head. The sand would have insulated it against wear and erosion such as wind and water damage [from the little amount of rain the Plateau receives] Yet there are tantalizing signs of both wind and water effects.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0376978d51e0.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0607c3d21e78.jpg[/atsimg]

If it were simply wind gouging out areas of the weaker/softer layers of limestone then the surrounding structures from the same or nearly the same supposed period should also show similar wear. If it were water damage/erosion then why doesn't the temples show similar amounts of erosion/weathering?

Look closely at the outer wall of the temple. Notice the weathering difference up top?
The ones up top and behind show similar weathering to the Sphinx and its enclosure

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c598c420dfd2.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e32009a67bba.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/40935943ec49.jpg[/atsimg]

The temple/temples [there are two in the area] were supposedly built around the same time as the Sphinx [+ or - a few decades] was being carved with blocks taken from the Sphinx enclosure for the temples construction as the enclosure was being excavated to carve the body. In the next couple of aerial top down view you'll notice the Sphinx in its enclosure also notice the wall from this angle on the left extends up to and beyond the temple. Now the outer wall of the enclosure and the wall the temple butts up against show similar weathering as the Sphinxes body and enclosure.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/99ca4df115a5.gif[/atsimg]

Reverse angle for comparison
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9d5cf7f88ba9.jpg[/atsimg]

Let me reiterate...
It appears [And this is something I hear little about] that the outer wall of the temple butts up against what appears to be a wall that shows similar weathering as the Sphinx and it's enclosure. But the temple itself appears to be in much better shape. Now how is that if they were created around the same period?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f9531955717d.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/76e3baa6479a.jpg[/atsimg]

Many will argue that the temple blocks are in better shape because they were buried and protected from weathering.
OK so again why does the body of the Sphinx, the outer walls of it's enclosure and the wall the temple butts up against all show similar weathering while also being buried?

This is a strong argument for the Sphinx being older that the given date and why it's head is in better shape [And proportionally smaller than the body] Some theorize the Sphinx to be much older than is suspected. One could argue that the pharaoh Khafra didn't carve the Sphinx while building the Second Pyramid at Giza in 2500 BC. Instead some suspect he re-carved an already existing statues head. [Which is why the head of the Sphinx is very Un-Egyptian like in it's head to body proportions] Could also explain the weathering either by sand or as some have speculated a much older and wetter period in the past.

It is fun to speculate

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Another excellent thread

Sorry I've not been in a position/inclination to discuss some of the finer points where I disagree with you.

But as an aside, I think the Bibical Flood story - derived from earlier Sumerian stories - might just be a description of a hurricane (or, in that part of the world) a Cyclone, making landfall and destroying a coastal settlement. Read Atrahasis and see what you think. It may have been either in the Gulf or possibly Pakistan - the latter do get hit occasionally and the former isn't impossible.

N American flood stories may well be down to the Missoula Floods and in some cases they may even just be 'just so' stories to explain why marine fossils are found in hills.

I don't subscribe to an ancient advanced culture, but I see no reason why proto-civilisations didn't occur in the last ice age

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
We are told that throughout it's long history that it was buried periodically up to and possible over it's head. The sand would have insulated it against wear and erosion such as wind and water damage [from the little amount of rain the Plateau receives] Yet there are tantalizing signs of both wind and water effects.

Water erosion would still have occurred as rain trickled down through the sand. Limestone is very suceptible to erosion from percolating rain.

I don't think the erosion precludes the official dating, but neither does it preclude an earlier dating - maybe back to 4,000BC.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
I don't subscribe to an ancient advanced culture, but I see no reason why proto-civilisations didn't occur in the last ice age

That's fair.

I don't believe in "Very Advanced" civilizations all over the world during that period either. I do feel however that there were both. "Slightly more advanced Megalithic cultures/Civilizations" Along the lines of Ancient Egypt and or Mesopotamia which had to relocate or maybe have been flooded out quickly and lost their level of development having to start over and the vast majority of the planets population living primitively elsewhere.

This is why in some areas such as The Indus valley there is very little evidence of a Pre or Proto culture/civilization build up period. They pretty much appear fairly advanced right from the start. I say they and the Early Mesopotamian were transplants. The Egyptians on the other hand can trace their heritage back farther. Simple luck of the draw in regards to location and susceptibility to destructive natural disasters and climatic effects etc.

Which in the Earliest periods in Egypt's long history [again as outlined in the OP] could have been the reason a large population was drawn to the Nile region because of a massive climatic change which caused the Deserts to the West to grow and become inhospitable in which case this worked in Civilizations favor by forcing people together.
edit on 8-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join