It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mankind's Lost and Forgotten history. A Perspective

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I've come to mostly believe what you propose. That there were ancient, highly advanced civilizations that were wiped out and civilization was 'reborn', possibly multiple times. Though when it comes to the Pyramids, I tend to think that the Great Pyramid was created by some advanced civilization, predating the Egyptians, and they just happened across it, made use of it themselves, and were inspired to make their own pyramids.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hi Slayer,
Thanks once again for your refined touch and visionary work, I can see no problem in your approach. No assumptions, with a touch of logic are always of benefit. Contrary to what many can think there are many ways of skinning our history, what is funny is what you are saying is that we all stem from that history. How is it that our memory is holding back on us, perhaps its a question of when we are ready to probe hard enough and get closer to that good, bad and ugly that you speak of. I have noticed myself that many would rather leave that history behind and hold a certain fear to stripping it naked. Perhaps there is a clue within that general reaction, maybe we are some kind of experiment and that would spoil our divine dreams. Whether we descend from aliens, animals or we are just children of pure coincidence were here. Why not just feel proud of it no matter the method of arrival.
As you say time will tell and that leaves room for a bit of mystery.
I wish us all luck and joy in the process of revelation.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Not another thread about the end of the world, Elenin, and Aliens !

Oh no it is not ! It is a very interesting thread indeed, well done !

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

There is lots of evidience being found every day that Histroy didnt start 12.000 ys ago...it is constatnly hidden and glossed over by people like Hawas...they are idiots

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Brilliant thread slayer, nice work!

One thing that has had me thinking recently in regards to Lemuria is the genetic link between the Australian aboriginies and the Keralan people of southern India. I discovered a map of Lemuria that is Indian in origin and which shows the lost continent connecting Australia to India.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1bd676e7a123.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9cfa78998916.jpg[/atsimg]
Now what is interesting is that both the Australian aborigines and the Keralan people are supposed to be linked to the earliest humans. Maybe there is more to this than we are presently aware. What do you think?

One more thing to add: I was in southern India very recently and spent a great deal of time riding a motorbike around the country, I noticed that there are INCREDIBLE similarities between the landscapes. You could be totally forgiven for thinking that you were in Australia a lot of the time. I noticed that there were a huge amount of gum trees, now if you've ever been to Australia then you would know them, not sure where else they are. Anyway it doesn't seem outrageous to me that these were joined at one point, which would explain the genetic link to the aborigines and also the similarities in the landscape, and if this body of land was once called Lemuria, well maybe time will be able to tell us that.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ed98e1502da.jpg[/atsimg]
(Indian gum trees)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9825d2575d06.jpg[/atsimg]
(Australian gum trees)

www.abc.net.au...
edit on 8-7-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Not to wander off topic but if there was a big flood like people say,and it's in the bible,but what I'm wondering is how did they know a flood was coming to have been able to build that big huge boat/Arc in time?

Instinct?..or God?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Very interesting.....you've obviously thought about this.

I'm new here but have been researching ancient civilisations for over 15 years and there is just so much evidence that we (humans) have been here many, many, many times before. By 'here' I mean at today's technological advacement or better. For a fantastic read on this topic, I would highly recommend the Lost Cities series of books written by David Hatcher Childress.

The amount of evidence there is regarding this planet's history is truly astounding and certainly not dull as opose to the nonsense that I was taught at school.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Hey thanks Sir Slide.....I haven't come across this map before. I have come across the idea that Australia was connected/almost connected to South America either as Lemuria or the Land of Mu, but not india.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Yep, we have lost much unfortunately.

We still don't know what Roman Concrete was made of, and that stuff is better than any concrete we've got today, aside from some very expensive alternatives.

You are correct that Egypt could have had advanced metals and tools, and they just could have rusted away.

I've got some scans from some old courses I took you might be interested in though, might send your way via pm.

I mean, the Egyptians could have had steel and many other things, and then yea, it rusted away unfortunately.

In terms of age, most pyramids are from a 200 year pyramid. There's hosts of more interesting stuff after that time period as well.

Good work none the less!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
memory is passed on genetically, however it is not visual / sensory memory but rather semantic memory, that is why metaphor or simile is the foundation of alchemy / the modern mind as metaphor / simile are in essence the 'main language' of the mind. Technology predating the birth of christ was based on this fundamental presumption, however the technology built was not computational or electronic but rather semantic in basis, the technology was language and art.

It seems here at ATS people are likely to reply to your comments if you prescribe them as fact, that is why in the previous paragraph i have not put phrases such as 'i believe X=Y' or 'In my opinion X=Y' instead i have tried the new technique of pretending that i have received this information from a magical source, this is not true, assume this last paragraph is a 'debrief' , all the information that i have just wrote about is not fact, however it seems if i stated this at the beginning of my reply no one would have read it...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

This is a very interesting point regarding the Great Flood - every ancient culture around the world (and it is truly all ancient peoples) talk about a great flood that destroyed their world. I think it's the Mayans that say that the world has been destroyed 5 times before.....once by flood, another time by fire...etc

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Personally I agree but think knowledge was lost almost on purpose due to the power it gave a small minority over the majority, I believe losing what we once had is probably a good thing. However, how can we ever learn about ourselves and become better if we cannot remember or construct our own history>

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Was levitation of some kind used by the ancients.
All those large building blocks brought together by some vibration or perhaps evil spirits.

Perhaps the legacy of Tesla has been tarnished by the lone statement in the FBI files
of metal plate levitation. We can't deny the ignorance dished on us by the cartel control
of matters Tesla we just have to enlighten ourselves.

I'd say the ancients had totally different methods of achieving force in any direction than
the method of Tesla. Perhaps both reached into the environment that Tesla said held
infinite energy. Yeah I know where is this infinite energy. Well thermal energy from
radioactivity seems to be one form and people dispute Tesla had anything to do with it.
Some Tesla researchers perhaps like Lyne give Tesla credit for K Capture and thus may
have beamed neutrinos in his many discoveries.

The Tesla theories seem to belong to the use of metal but use pressure waves in the
environmental structure at the atomic levels using radio static frequencies. Unless
man rolled the blocks into place there had to be levitation.

Not having Velikovsky find texts on ancient levitation we are left with no clue as almost
the same, unless with independent research, with Tesla methods.

edit on 7/8/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

You just supply the mental ammo so others can have fun shooting

It struck me this morning that perhaps the crux of the rise and fall of civilizations lies in specialization. As we progress, skills and knowledge grow increasingly compartmentalized. We begin with neolithic cultures where some were good hunters, healers, basket weavers, warriors - there are only so many skills required to survive and most members of that culture knew most of the skills though some were obviously superior in one or the other.

Today's world is far different. Take myself for example - I spent 25 years as a metals engraver. I decorate guns and knives but I know little of how the machinist makes them or the designer constructs them. Nor do I know how the soldier applies this weapon on a daily basis. Just how many separate skills do we have now? Thousands, tens of thousands. If a catastrophe were to occur and we lost say even 30% of our population we could not sustain our current level of technology.
Each skill becomes interdependent upon the skills of another.
The same is true of other things which grow more and more centralized as the hierarchical power does likewise. We intuitively know the government is hiding much from us and is hoarding skills and resources for itself (D.U.M.B.s/seed banks/food) as opposed to distributing them among the populace. Why? Do they know something we don't? Are they aware that we have reached a tipping point where this complexity cannot be maintained?
I think the answer is self-evident to those who wish to see it.
edit on 8-7-2011 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
[
Genetic variations...
I think environmental factors play a huge part. Of course when dealing with now Billions of people we will see untold numbers of Variations. But IMHO back in the early days we were a product of our environment and available Nutritional factors. One could possibly argue the reason "Modern-Man Homo-Sapiens" were smarter than the older lines is because of Coastal migration and the intake of seafood. Fish = Brain food. There is no evidence of those other older lines eating seafood YET.

I recall what a co-worker from India once told me. She was of Iranian extraction, BTW. She said that in southern India, people eat rice and fish and they are smart. In northern India, people eat wheat, and they're stupid.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

I appreciate the feedback and the contribution. Interesting video.
I'm watching now.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred

So if we went back in time, these ancient people would be able to instantaneously understand English, Russian, Arabic, Cantonese, Japanese & Finnish. Somehow I don't think so.

Nobody is implying they would...

If these people were so advanced, then where's all their advanced technology? All I'm seeing is the typical conspiracy theories from people with wild imaginations and no evidence to back it up.

Then you missed the thrust of this thread. No one is saying they were that advanced. It might help if you read the contents of the thread and viewed the links provided in it to grasp a better understanding of the premise.

Some knowledge has obviously been forgotten, but that doesn't make them more advanced or more intelligent than modern man. When silly conspiracy theorists rant & rave that modern man couldn't build pyramids, they are talking complete nonsense. Of cource we could,

Yeah I said the same exact thing. Again please read the OP.

One thing is for sure, our ancient ancestors couldn't build sky scrapers, or split the atom, as they simply weren't smart enough.

Agreed

If an advanced culture, comparable in technology & knowledge to modern man existed in the distant past, then it must of been one hell of a cataclysm to remove all traces of it. Because that's something even the recent earthquakes and tsunami in Japan couldn't do.

Again then you obviously must have missed the thrust of the thread. There wouldn't be any evidence of "High Technology" not like our own present level or types.

edit on 8-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Good to see you back. Something from my way.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

I'm more of the belief that the area in question is a bit further East from that location. Science has known about the area for a long time. It's a vast area that once almost pretty much connected South East Asia and Australia. Which was dry land and is now submerged. Many people still wonder how primitive man could have sailed across such a vast area.

He didn't, he walked most of the distance and only had to sail a very short distance at the time. The following images and quotes are from my other thread linked in the OP. The lighter color areas in these two images were land once upon a time.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3a77b78bf36c.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3cc6c6ffe5e8.png[/atsimg]

Man's Genetic voyage. Fact, Speculation and Theories

This could be why there is such a diverse spectrum in eye and hair color, not to mention physical build, appearance and height among modern humans. How about this for a possible scenario. As modern man left Africa in his great migration he swapped DNA with those potentially older lines.

Generation after generation of breeding amongst themselves as the "Newer lines" of nomadic herdsmen traversed back and forth across the great Eurasian continent. Maybe why the Australian Aboriginals and others in the region look very "Africanized" Is it possible that a second or third exodus out of Africa such as Coastal Migration occurred that bypassed a mixture of some of the more Northern older lineages? I think so.

In the following animation I made for that thread shows what the DNA evidence is showing us. Multiple waves out of Africa. Some bypassing the other preceding waves by coastal migratio0n. Which would answer why those in South India have closer ties to the Aboriginals in Australia via "Coastal Migration"
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5d26e860ee3f.gif[/atsimg]
DNA confirms coastal trek to Australia

DNA evidence linking Indian tribes to Australian Aboriginal people supports the theory humans arrived in Australia from Africa via a southern coastal route through India, say researchers. The research, lead by Dr Raghavendra Rao from the Anthropological Survey of India, is published in the current edition of BMC Evolutionary Biology.

One theory is that modern humans arrived in Australia via an inland route through central Asia but Rao says most scientists believe modern humans arrived via the coast of South Asia. Skeletal remains, dating back between 40-60,000 years from Lake Mungo in New South Wales, also support the theory that modern human arrived in Australia at least as far back as this, he says.

edit on 8-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Forgot about ancient Giants.
That would solve the problem building with large boulders.
However that was the time before Noe and will not explain the time afterwards.
What kind of ancients mysteries are bigger than that.
For a revamp of history up to Nebuchadnezzar read it in Velikovsky.
You can't just say there is knowledge to be found as it makes a complete unknown
but the history or some record of the event can only be resolved.
Take the many events dug up by Velikovsky from the Deluge to the Tower of Babble.
They were cosmic events that were recorded by man.
The Pyramid still has its secrets as the build still mystifies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join