It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Reality: CoIntelPro, Shills, Freemasons, and Socks: The Definitive Guide

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
However, you should also recall that no one believed it.
edit on 10-7-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

No one?

It sounds like at least one person did.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Birddog26
Why is it when SO is accused of being a shill the mods and many others come on his defense. He sees it as an insult. When others of us who have been on this site for a long time are accused of being shills. The mods stand back and the owners of this site stand back and do nothing. Why SO do you not see it as an insult for the others. I am tired of being called a shill. SO I sent you a request by PM to cancel my account. What are you going to do?

Not entirely correct.

We/Staff have indeed warned Members previously for attacking other Members with such comments as 'shill' etc.
I know that I personally have also permanently banned two Members who repeatedly attacked other Members with such comments and - after Warning them and discussing such via u2us - refused to cease doing so.

Apologies if you have sent through an Alert previous regarding such name-calling towards yourself, and it hasn't resulting in action. We certainly don't always catch everything, things do unfortunately slip past us occasionally...so all we can do is apologise for those occurances in the past and try to do better.

If however Members are attacking you (with such things as 'shill' etc) - and indeed any other Member - please do continue to Alert such replies.

Re:Cancelling a/c.
I do mean absolutely NO offense by this...and do certainly appreciate frustration can drive us to think "Ahh blow it, I'm out of here, cancel my a/c". A far simplier, and least dramatic method, is simply to log out.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePowerThatIs

Well I know if i was working for the CIA and my job was to monitor websites that could possibly lead to whistleblowers I would start here. Now with that being said skeptic overloard has every right to be upset but then again should he feel flattered that his site get the attention of not only the CIA but whistleblowers and ALL the people who seek the truth. It only takes shreds of evidence to put together a puzzle and if the pieces are laid here on ATS then people will always come here in search of the facts.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaiode1
You can't act as if programs like cointelpro just don't exist.
edit on 6-7-2011 by kaiode1 because: (no reason given)

Oh, most certainly. One of the largest provable conspiracies relates to the FBI's CoIntelPro operation in Los Angeles, and their collaboration with the CIA in Nicaragua. The program literally armed the LA gangs and initiated the gang wars, while funneling coc aine from the CIA into the streets.

However, I AM surprised no one, in this entire thread, has mentioned one of the most obvious explanations for what's going on:
Those who are spreading the lies about ATS collaboration with government disinformation, intelligence, and counter-intelligence operations/agencies are paid government disinfo agents spreading lies about the Internet's most-popular and information-dense resource on conspiracies and government malfeasance in an effort to keep truth-seekers away.

edit on 6-7-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

My thoughts exactly.

I find it ludicrous that people claim this site is controlled by the CIA, it's one thing to get into conspiracy theories, but a conspiracy conducted against you by the people who basically provide you with the conspiracies, that is just outrageous. Far more likely that you're being told it's run by the CIA, BY THE CIA so that you lose faith in it. ATS conducting a conspiracy against the conspiracy theorists? COME ON PEOPLE!! I know people will tell me to deny ignorance and question everything, but this is just going way too far.

Happy hunting everyone!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Ok finally I decided to check out this thread
I didn't show much interest at first though, and still really don't

I don't get all the accusations to be honest, it just doesn't make sense to me

How can an accusation be repeated so many times but without an explanation?
Explanation to what? Well to the question
What's the question?

How can ATS be CointelPro when 98% of everything is user-generated?
Govt. does not want you to stick to the real issues, like ATS encourages you to

It's that simple, this why I don't really pay such accusations with any interest really

ATS is not even ATS, ATS is made up of ATS Members who disuccuss issues within an admirable T&C
I say admirable because it must cost alot to commit upholding this T&C with the size of this site
Also I must say, ATS's T&Cs really honestly has made me a much better debater.

My two cents
thx

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Ok, this thread has been on the front page for 3-4 days now. I think we can move on...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

Well I guess just logging out and never coming back is my best option. I guess you folks are more concerened with having registered members so you do not cancell accounts.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Never Say Never

Originally posted by Birddog26
I guess you folks are more concerened with having registered members so you do not cancell accounts.

You can, of course, choose to assume what you like, but I can say that in the five years I've been a mod, I've seen quite a few cancellation requests come through the Complaints forum. You may not believe me, but you would probably be quite surprised how many members later change their minds and decide to start posting again.

We all have our moods.

If you do decide to log off and truly never do return, please know that my best wishes go with you, wherever your path may take you. ATS is just a very small part of a very big Internet, which itself is just a very small part of a much bigger world.

On the other hand, if you should change your mind and decide to return, whether sooner or later, you're always welcome -- as long as you honor the terms & conditions, of course.

It's all good.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The internet is great , such a very powerful tool. You amigos have harnessed and honed that power , making ATS something very useful indeed in many ways , too many to list . Look to the future : when TSHTF who is going to be there?
It's us.

*checks wall socket to telecoms cables*

And where else could you learn how on earth this happens?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by gladtobehere
Without question there are some topics on this site which are regarded as sacred cows, primarily issues dealing with Jews or izrael.

While the censorship which results may not be related to government infiltration, its obvious that the site is not as unbiased as the OP would have us believe.

The following thread being the latest victim, which was "closed for staff review".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by gladtobehere
While the censorship which results may not be related to government infiltration, its obvious that the site is not as unbiased as the OP would have us believe.
The following thread being the latest victim, which was "closed for staff review".

Yeah, sorry, our "bad."

We are biased after all. Biased against racism.

Our staff discovered that the thread author was bragging about the thread on an intensely racist site. It was time to end the madness.

I’ve quoted the "deny ignorance" motto repeatedly in many of my posts. Media spin, establishment mantras and disinfo on ATS is not uncommon.

Is it common practice for ATS to locks threads due to allegations or criticism by unknown posters on other sites? I would argue that ATS is often referred to in a negative way and is regarded as a site filled with “conspiracy nuts and cooks”. If you were to run this site based on external criticism, wouldn't that result in a dismantling of the entire site?

Most threads are actively monitored, especially ones having to do with Jews or izrael. To the credit of the mods, inappropriate or off-topic posts are quickly flagged so I dont know that there was much "madness".

I don’t see how a discussion regarding a particular group’s power or control is racist, even if the common factor is the group’s religion. Discussions based on similar characteristics within a group are common themes on ATS whether the topic has to do with the Biderbergers, the Illuminati or the Moslems.

Maybe its just my perception but it would seem that threads which discuss the Jews or izrael are quickly stifled, just not sure why.
edit on 12-7-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Ats and its owners do not have to be "run" by the Cia. The Cia, Fbi and other Alphabet agencies are welcome here in drones if they want and have as much right as the common user here.

I remember Skeptic Overlord saying in one of his radio spots that for a fact the NSA, Fbi, AirForce, and other agencies visit and contribute daily on ATS but this does not mean they are running it. You have every right to counter the claims.

So yes there a shills, sock puppets and cointelpro here, no doubt and yes they are from the alphabet agencies but they are agreeing to the terms and conditions which we all agree to and are protected by

I said this earlier and it answers many of the questions being presented.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I am confused ATS. Why did you close This Thread and make a link to this one??

Seems to me the thread had a legitimate point to it.

Facebook IS guilty of that censorship. I couldn't post an Anon video as my status because it was "Spam"

I don't really think ATS is censoring Anon videos..... but it appears that Anon video was calling out Greeneyedleo pretty much.

Also.... that didn't seem like a true Anon video.... Anon DOES have to agree on stuff as a group.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I'm just LOVING your images S.O. OMG... they really don't look like that do they? Time to see a doctor imho

Seems however even Anon has accused ATS of this:

That's pretty deep... but understandable. I mean come on, you're in Arizona for God's sake, why are the servers critical to ATS located in Intelville U.S.A.(Langley, Virginia) ?

At least that's where you say they are, is that a punch in intel's face or really true?

If it is true, then you'll have to concur logically that this site has been breached and people's fears actually have foundation. Some of us actually LIKE to pull intel's covers...

It is just one rabbit in the hat of games people play here on ATS... Black hat or White...
edit on 13-7-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

That video was a complete crock. Anybody could see that was some disgruntled member.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by dplum517

That video was a complete crock. Anybody could see that was some disgruntled member.

Haha... that's what I thought.

Very disgruntled at greeneyedleo lolololol

Kinda funny.

Not to mention the synthesized voice was horrible .....not using the same software as the real Anon

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo
I mean come on, you're in Arizona for God's sake, why are the servers critical to ATS located in Intelville U.S.A.(Langley, Virginia) ?

They are not, nor have ever been.

Have you read anything in this thread?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It seems from going through the member list that they ban people from this site at the drop of a hat.
ANON who posted the video is from a fairly large pool of suspects.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo
I mean come on, you're in Arizona for God's sake, why are the servers critical to ATS located in Intelville U.S.A.(Langley, Virginia) ?

They are not, nor have ever been.

Have you read anything in this thread?

Ah - thanks for the clarity. I was only quoting from your own server error page.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Which is clearly using an apparently little-known and much misunderstood strategy that some in the industry like to refer to as, "humor."
edit on 13-7-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Ok finally I decided to check out this thread
I didn't show much interest at first though, and still really don't

I don't get all the accusations to be honest, it just doesn't make sense to me

How can an accusation be repeated so many times but without an explanation?
Explanation to what? Well to the question
What's the question?

How can ATS be CointelPro when 98% of everything is user-generated?
Govt. does not want you to stick to the real issues, like ATS encourages you to

It's that simple, this why I don't really pay such accusations with any interest really

ATS is not even ATS, ATS is made up of ATS Members who disuccuss issues within an admirable T&C
I say admirable because it must cost alot to commit upholding this T&C with the size of this site
Also I must say, ATS's T&Cs really honestly has made me a much better debater.

My two cents
thx

I'll second your post! Best said answer to this whole debate!

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join