It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism is for Ignorant Fools, not ATS.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Over the course of the past year, the intensely hateful political environment of the U.S. has been a breeding ground for a rise in subtly phrased racism as well as fiercely overt bigotry. We all know why and we all know the cause, there's no reason to spend time reviewing such.

Deny Ignorance
The motto of ATS:

This motto has life. It has purpose. It demands ATS members to think.

It is a state of mind.

It is a sense of purpose.

It is a statement agaisnt the paradigm.

It is a rage against the mindless status-quo.

The idea of "deny ignorance" isn't a goal that ATS hopes to accomplish. Instead, it's a challenge. A call to all those who come here to aspire to a higher state of awareness through informed discussion and debate.

Deny ignorance is what we do.

It's how we think. It's how we talk. It's how we listen.

Ignorance is the creeping crud of history that has clouded our minds and dulled our brains. Is the evil that men do, the reason history repeats, and the cause of intolerance.

We deny it. it's not welcome here. Within these boundaries, it has no strength.

Here, ignorance is denied.

There is no equivocation, to be racist is to be an ignorant fool not worthy of participation in society, much less contributing to discussions on ATS. We have very few editorial restraints, racism is one, and it's not wanted on AboveTopSecret.com.

Unfortunately, the issues of racism, bigotry, and intolerance are critically important, but are difficult to discuss without interruption from the ignorant fools. We will not be limiting such topics, but we will be more vigilant in removing those fools from our midst.

And please, no phony "confusion" over what is or is not a racist remark... only the ignorant fools feign such uncertainty.

Also, before we hear the inevitable grousing, our staff is intelligent enough to discern the difference between harsh criticism of a government's policies and an attack on the racial makeup of a government.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
It's going to be tough, Skep. Some people are raised to think this way.
Others, like you and I realize that hating certain types of people is much harder than being annoyed by all of the people! LOL
Good Luck ATS with this silly, stupid issue!

Cuhail

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Racism is a mindset. A sick, deluded mindset that is shared by a certain segment of society. My ex-husband, father of two of my children was born and raised by racist democrats. I struggle to help my children who suffer under his ideologies. My daughter (from another marriage) was told by him at 13 years old, that if she ever brings home a black boy, she will be kicked out of the house. I divorced him (after this incident). Our daughter is now 14 years old and struggles to respect her father for his racist, bigoted ideals. He gave her the same ultimatium he gave to his daughter and mine. I'm proud of her. She is able to discern the difference between a creep and a good person without the color of their skin ever being an issue.

What a world.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The mass U2U you sent out does not link to this thread.

I'm glad to see this thread.
I really have no further comments other than that.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
well, ATS is a board that have a lot of people, many of those people have mental problems, so really, this is a problem that will happen always

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Racism IS for the foolish.

It has long been my understanding that all of humanity is equal in three regards.

1. We all bleed red.

2. We all die.

3. There is no color chart when it comes to the hormones of a human in heat.

Three subtle but true things that link all of humanity past all prejudice.

I also oppose supremacy. Some folks on this bored have claimed tolerance in the same breath saying that they come from a stock better than my own.

Again refer back to the first three precepts of my belief and understand. In those regards we are all equal.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Your absolutely right SkepticOverlord!!
With the way politics has been lately,there is no reason to have to deal with that garbage here as well.
No wonder why this is the best site on the net.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Well said, and to the point.
Thank you for addressing this serious issue!

The best discussion and debate are ones free from
foolishness.

Thanks, once again for making AboveTopSecret the
best discussion available!

link   

Originally posted by titorite
Racism IS for the foolish.

It has long been my understanding that all of humanity is equal in three regards.

1. We all bleed red.

2. We all die.

3. There is no color chart when it comes to the hormones of a human in heat.

Three subtle but true things that link all of humanity past all prejudice.

I also oppose supremacy. Some folks on this bored have claimed tolerance in the same breath saying that they come from a stock better than my own.

Again refer back to the first three precepts of my belief and understand. In those regards we are all equal.

Completely agreed.
And about time more action was taken.
Too many judgments placed, yet you cannot change the way others view the world, only your own exposure to it.
The world will always have fools...

link   

link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

You have mine and an awful lot of folks' deepest gratitude.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Seems to me that treating others as you would have them treat you would be the way to go...

The Golden Rule, or whatever version you subscribe to.

There are no races. Only humans. To treat others badly because of the shape of their eyes, or the amount of pigmentation in their skin is foolish, and ignorant. As the OP by Skeptic Overlord plainly states.

Treat others as you would be treated, because karma's a bitch...

link   

I know people who are racist and don't even realize it. They are the most politically correct people I know.

One canadian on ATS (I can't remember who) once asked the question as to why black people refered to themselves as african-american, while black canadians only refered to themselves as canadians.

Terms, words, labels, are getting so strange anymore. I have always refered to myself as "high yellow."
When I made mention to that fact, some didn't know the term, others stated it is as racist as the "n" word.

When anyone receives a gift box containing a gem, and spends more time discussing the box, you lose sight of what it may contain.

I would agree that racism is for ignorant fools. But I wouldn't stop there. Because political correctness, is now the accepted ideology for racism. It's now easier to be racist when you describe issues in more PC terms. It's not negating the fact, just disguising it.

-pea's-

link   
The American people elect a black President yet at the same time there is a rise in "subtly phrased racism"?

Of course this "intensely hateful political enviroment" has only existed in the last year. (since Mr. Obama was elected?)

We all know that President Bush was treated very well here on ATS for the previous 8 years.
President Bush was regulary called a "Chimp" right here on ATS. Can you imagine if someone called Mr. Obama the same? I never saw a reminder warning us not to make fun of Bush because he was a white guy from Texas.

Hating Mr. Obama's policies is not racist, and hoping he fails for the sake of the country is also not racist.

ATS has gone out of it's way to protect Mr. Obama, and this "reminder" is just more proof.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I have stressed this before, racist people should get to know who Jane Elliot is and watch this experiment...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 18-9-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Well said, Racism should not be tolerated in any form.
Its a shame people have not managed to pull their minds out of the dark ages. I really don't understand why, are they really that scared of difference!?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
ATS is a community. We are fortunate to have a wide variety of people, opinions, backgrounds, nationalities and interests - it’s what makes us so interesting and effective.

Intolerance breeds ignorance. Anyone who is doesn't get that or who prefers a more narrow or narrow-minded audience, may be more comfortable in another community.

[edit on 18/9/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Grow up.

You know what skepticOverlord is referring to, don't make the thread bloody partisan

Jews and Muslims are routinely bashed on this board, I've seen Muslims members of ATS mocked and insulted for defending moderate Muslims and their religion.

In my opinion, extreme as it may seem, ATS is dead. As I've said before, this site will be listed as a hate site soon, her soul has been corrupted and killed by an ugly force.

link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Hating Mr. Obama's policies is not racist, and hoping he fails for the sake of the country is also not racist.

That's EXACTLY what we are saying.

link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

The opening post made it clear that ATS staff is intelligent enough to discern such differences.

However, racism disguised as political criticism is on the rise, and will not be tolerated.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join