It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Reality: CoIntelPro, Shills, Freemasons, and Socks: The Definitive Guide

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by EmperorXyn

Read the opening post of this thread. Also read THIS POST and THIS POST about the IP trace hoax.

The video contains several baseless and blatant attacks on several of our members. We're not going to allow that.

Also, you don't need much more than three brain cells to see that the video was not created by Anonymous. Perhaps a wannabe? Why on earth would we allow a video posted by someone who is obviously a banned member to simply criticize ATS with no actual facts?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The best part was when this event happened again today for like the 8'th time over the years.

"OMG, I GOOGLED ATS AND SAW CIA!!!!11"

*scrub fire ensues, posts deleted, threads removed because they think they have a right to demand answers of people who allow them to use their services for free*

rince, repeat.

Only, lets change the year to 2012, and see al the new 2012 people jump up and down that they didn't get to play the game that started years ago. Oh woe is me, I didn't get to post a "I knew things were suss on ATS, I knew they were CIA, I knew it because it just makes sense!!!" and get 50 stars from other 2012 people who joined just to take a break from their other home, gloop.

Hilarity ensues as the mods and the site owner will try to explain that it is OLD and FAKE information, but the demands of the populace must be met, or else... Anarchy. Screen cap everything. Traceroute everything (Even if you don't know what an IP address is, as long as you see something that vaguely looks official government stuff, you're on the right track!!) and most of all, SPAM every thread that comes up with it, so that they too will be shut down, giving you all that extra needed ammunition.

I mean, if I had a shop and sold cookies, and someone came in and said I was really a pizza maker and that's why my cookies tasted too good, and you did this over and over and over, then started bringing your mates with you to stand in my shop and point fingers accusing me of foul behaviour, and then even went so far as to make a video about it and bring that into my shop to play to all my customers,

.... is it that far fetched to thing that after having explained it time and time again, I'm just going to evict you from the premises?

Guess it's not to most of you. And this is both the reason for the existence of ATS and it's downfall. By it's very nature, it will attract nuts and loonies that will see a stone and imagine an ancient carving left on a desert for future space beings to find.... they are also the same people who will see a Conspiracy website and go "OH but it's too good to be true, and I'm sure thats not right... CIA CIA CIA CIA!!!!"

funny stuff indeed.

I'm going to go to the pub now, put slippers on and sit back imbibing lquids that will make this comedy routine even more hilarious.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
That video contains accusations directed at members, not just the site or staff.
It is a T&C violation to harass or accuse members.
The next person who posts it is going to be taking a long break from the site.

I managed to watch the vid before it got deleted.

However, I had no sound, so I don't know what was said.

I did not however see any reference to any members, just towards mods.

Could someone correct me if I am wrong please?

vvv

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Because it makes for a very fun discussion.... Reason enough for me lol

link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
Just for clarity:

But seeing that this video about "Anonymous exposing ATS" is causing such excitement, we'll allow the discussion in this thread, which seems appropriate.

One mod said it was OK and one TC violates me. Which is it already??????

link   
As I said before, its not like the government can't create an account and find out whats on the site anyway and again the site is not that hard to find. I expect there to be government officials keeping tabs on this site and similar sites. If not, then there not very good government officials.. I mean c'mon, its the CIA, they apparently found Osama, Hussien, Gadafi, you think they can't find a conspiracy theory website..

link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

Let me place forward the points in the video(which is not my point of view)

-ATS IP leads to CIA Headquaters, the IP is spoofed and looped 9 times.
-ATS is accused of deleting threads giving out too much info.

There is also another video of John Lear saying that he was falsely accused and banned for giving out too much info.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

My points 1-4 were not directed at you, but at the person that created the video and/or spammed ATS with threads of with the video.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Okay, for those who haven't seen what I hope no one else tests Defcon and the others by posting again.....

It is naming specific members. Not mods. Just regular members and not all of them are even high activity / high "ranking" type members anyway. It's so far out of line and inappropriate, I'll be surprised if ATS Ownership isn't dropping a note back to Youtube in accordance with THEIR T&C and how it relates to attacks on specific individuals by name (or screen name in this case).

A note went out to one of the people named in that video a moment or so after I finished watching it...a courtesy. That sort of thing isn't funny these days when we are reading about unstable type folks going off half cocked with little more than that level of suggestion. It's crazy, but there it is.....

Anyway.... YIKES! Stop posting it. It's just outright wrong and should never have been created.

(Of course.....I'm also offended Mr Banned dude. Why no honorable mention for the bunny? don't I work hard enough?
) nvm...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

I have been warned.

Sorry folks.

Peace

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

can you please tell me why my account is unable to send u2us and the exact reasons my posting capabilities were taken away due to replying to those threads on that video??? I should at least be able to u2u a mod to find out a reason shouldnt I? broahes was the account name.. and before you go there... yes Im aware that this is ban evasion.. but where are my options to dispute?? people WATCH.. this will go unchecked and this account will disappear too..

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by thatyoucannotname

Because you are a new member. You can still message moderators, just not other members.

Edit: It doesn't look like your posting privileges were taken way, seeing that you can post...?
edit on 19-4-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
LOL, Epic Fail.

Facepalm.

vvv

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Still cant believe their are those who need to make EVERYTHING a conspiracy on here.

What ever happened to Deny Ignorance ?

Thread gets closed ? Conspiracy.

T&C Violation? Conspiracy.

Come on now people......

link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Mate, I think he might be referring to creating new threads.

In that case, you need more posts mate.

vvv

link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

You may discuss the subject, you may not link that video as it violates the T&C of the site.
Specifically:

Terms and Conditions
15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered from this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.
16) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
It's the same BS all over again...label the members and threads who challenge the authority of ATS as lunatics.

The mods and those who reject the anonymous video are using psychological tactics because you're not silly enough to believe that ATS's IP address is linked to the CIAs head quarters... yes....that's a lie that ignorant sheep would believe but,..you're not an ignorant sheep are you. You trust ATS is a good website don't you? Good. I knew you were one of the clever ones.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

But he just made a new account to post that post :S

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
i don't know which of the threads it pertained to - i noticed at least 2 deleted.
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread831718/pg1 & www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread831726/pg1

there is still a record on google of these two threads but nothing is cached.

according to the Terms and Conditions of Use it might have violated 15 and 15a

but wait.. shouldn't this apply to over half the gutter tripe posted on this site? especially the knowingly posting false, misleading, or inaccurate information portion of rule 15? why not get rid of all of the other threads that have zero value and contribute nothing other that upping people's post counts? enforce the rules fairly across the entire site and not when it suits your personal agendas.

come to think of it, the ATS recap videos are violations of these two rules as well - when can we expect to see all of those deleted?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by thatyoucannotname

This is what I'm talking about. You're a 'new' member, you don't get to create threads until you make 20 posts, and you don't get to U2U other members, only mods.

Everyone should know this, but as it fits with the agenda, you're getting stars as it pushes the argument....

Did you not even look before creating a new account???

CONTACT US. Works...

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join