It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Reality: CoIntelPro, Shills, Freemasons, and Socks: The Definitive Guide

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Skeptic overlord gets mad when people accuse ats of being run by cia or whatever because then people may shy away from the site and he would lose ad revenue. Is this a false statement and/or insult?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
While the censorship which results may not be related to government infiltration, its obvious that the site is not as unbiased as the OP would have us believe.
The following thread being the latest victim, which was "closed for staff review".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yeah, sorry, our "bad."

We are biased after all. Biased against racism.

Our staff discovered that the thread author was bragging about the thread on an intensely racist site. It was time to end the madness.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I don't understand this post

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Ats and its owners do not have to be "run" by the Cia. The Cia, Fbi and other Alphabet agencies are welcome here in drones if they want and have as much right as the common user here.

I remember Skeptic Overlord saying in one of his radio spots that for a fact the NSA, Fbi, AirForce, and other agencies visit and contribute daily on ATS but this does not mean they are running it. You have every right to counter the claims.

So yes there a shills, sock puppets and cointelpro here, no doubt and yes they are from the alphabet agencies but they are agreeing to the terms and conditions which we all agree to and are protected by.
edit on 9-7-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
A shill emote would be absolutely fabulous. I'd use it alot.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

A few questions:

Why would the government care about conspiracies posted on this website? I personally don't think they care. There is so much lunacy posted on these boards that I think it works to discredit itself to the average person. So, I don't think it would make enough noise with the average person to require the government to step in. But I'm not privy to that sort of information.

The second question, I don't want you to take it as an insult, I'm just curious as to the answer. Is the reason that this thread is still posted on the front page because you want to get this message out to everyone? Because, I'm not buying that at only 20 pages long this is still the "hottest topic" as of right now. I mean, I'm not criticizing, just curious.

Finally, you say that you created this board with free expression in your sights. Isn't someone, albeit without any base to the statements, calling you COINTELPRO just furthering your goal of facilitating free expression? Personally, I'd take it as a compliment. I'd venture to guess that you've made enough money on this website to live comfortably. Why not just chalk it up to what it really is: someone who is anti-social in real life, using a statement on this site to drum up conversation and replies because they lack real world interaction? I don't know, these are just my thoughts.

edit on 9-7-2011 by Ryanp5555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

and obviously it would be far easier for those 'alphabet agencies' to leave the bornig parts of RUNNING the site to others. They only need to participate to be effective.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

Oh i would not worry, it's another phase that always goes on during summer, but i do feel for you as it does get somewhat tiring trying to say that an orange is an orange and not a an apple.

Hang in there....

Funny you should mention that, WTC 7 was full of apples.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

I clicked on it !!
Got to run my anti mallware now
That poster should be banned for spreading malware!!!!

Threat blocked..running scans just to be sure !

edit on 9-7-2011 by granpabobby because: add usefull information

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
All this many pages of talk boils down to this ....The few trying to ruin things for the many.!
ATS is what we make it,all of us,
...owners moderators and members all contribute to ATS to make it what it is..If you arnt happy Go elsewhere ..Simple !

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Wow, this discussion is still going?

I'd have thought SkepticOverlord and the staff here had already explained it the best they could and now it's degenerating into arguments.

If you're not gonna believe the staff are sincere and keep accusing them of being what they're not then fine, you have the right to do so but taking those same staff away from their unpaid hobbies making this place run smoothly by calling them out on frankly ridiculous accusatory statements such as them being shills or CIA endorsed is just kinda pointless.

It's also highly disruptive to those of us who wish to converse, share ideas and discuss all aspects of the world, shady, secretive or otherwise.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
I'd have thought SkepticOverlord and the staff here had already explained it the best they could and now it's degenerating into arguments.

Hrm, almost seems like a honeypot now, doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Why is it when SO is accused of being a shill the mods and many others come on his defense. He sees it as an insult. When others of us who have been on this site for a long time are accused of being shills. The mods stand back and the owners of this site stand back and do nothing. Why SO do you not see it as an insult for the others. I am tired of being called a shill. SO I sent you a request by PM to cancel my account. What are you going to do?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by curious7

Hrm, almost seems like a honeypot now, doesn't it?

edit on 10-7-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
m think they protesteth

too much

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
While there have been haters spreading hate about ATS before April, 2004, most of it was merely people who didn't like us, not those making up lies about some despicable affiliation with wicked government agencies.

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought the whole ATS connection with the cointelpro around this time (2004) was because of an email that was floating around the net that linked Mark with a couple of government agencies, unless of course I am wrong?

Thats what made me come aboard anyway

edit on 10-7-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

link   
double post

link   
whoa triple post

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
unless of course I am wrong?

In 2004, Mark/Springer was not working with ATS in any official capacity, he was just a member.

There was an email sent to Bill Ryan, of the Serpo Hoax, claiming to have been from Mark/Springer, but was a confirmed prank from a banned moderator, Netchicken. This was late 2005, and may be what you recall. However, you should also recall that no one believed it.
edit on 10-7-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join