It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the SHTF, Are You Coming to Canada?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
NO...I dont do winter

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I'm actually not in a bad place right now. 5th largest state, sparsely populated, close to the mountains. I can drive 2 hours and be in such a remote area that I'd fall off the face of the earth.

However, there are lots of nukes here. If I had to get out because of some kind of nuclear event, then Australia has always had an appeal.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

oooh i think i'd prefer canada it has water in abundance and that is going to be the new gold soon
edit on 2525/6/11 by BobbyShaftoe because: finger fumble

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thwax

Originally posted by jonco6
reply to post by intelinside451

Yes it looks awsome in the movies. But I am sure that as american we really arnt welcome anywhere because of america's rep. limits safe destinations I hear their are a lot canadians that dont like us very much. So I think if shtf then its time to take care of business old school at home. But if I am wrong and there are a bunch of american loving canadians let me know so I can rethink what I will do.

The whole world doesn't like you very much.

Originally posted by godfather420
reply to post by jude11

Please don't invite these morons to our country....we have enough idiots as it is.

Same goes for the UK, Americans are not welcome here.

Lol, dude you're kidding right?

If I was blindfolded and dropped in your country I would not know whether I was in London or Kabul.

You can keep your Country. And, yes I live in America so let the flaming begin.
edit on 25-6-2011 by CodexSinaiticus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
As an American, when the SHTF, we handle it where it is. Take, for example, Afghanistan, Iraq, Japan, Germany, etc. I don't see any red-blooded American going to Canada. That's what the conscientious objectors did in the 60s. We can handle the problem. My guess is that you don't understand why we are seemingly complacent now. It's because we are used to more difficult problems before we react.

We're tough. And we value Canadians as our loyal friends.

Owning guns doesn't make you "tough". Being in a million wars doesn't make your people "tough"...Especially when it's not actually a war that involves your own citizens.
So actually, it's more the other way round. Many people around Europe see Americans as cowards, to act this way, then hide behind your guns (no offence).

Please don't put on the "tough guy Rambo macho American act", coz it doesn't fly with the rest of the world (where people ARE bad-asses).

Americans, tough? So now you're speaking on behalf of all the crackheads, skitzo's & looney toons in your "perfect" country? Come on, stop deluding yourself.

Again, a gun doesn't make you tough, or being in unjustified wars, either.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CodexSinaiticus

If SHTF & all hell breaks loose, I know I'd rather be in the UK...With sane, critical & logical thinking people over here.

Not in a country that encourages you to kill each other.

No offence guys, but I think I'd rather be trying to work out solutions as to what the next steps would be, not in the U.S where you have whack-jobs running around wielding shotguns & thinking they are Rambo.
edit on 25-6-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by Thwax

Oh that's ok you people are too uptight for us "American Scum" anyway.
Well I wouldn't go to London anyhow now, not even if someone paid me to.

Take your tea and crumpets .... (omitted line for Manners and Decorum) and mr bean sucks

If I had to choose between living with Americans & living with British people (& I'm actually Vietnamese..We owned your ass, don't forget it), based on them being the difference between life & death, it's a no-brainer really.

I'd say most British people can actually think for themselves...They don't need the TV to think for them.

You suck...Mr Bean effing rules. All UK humour > U.S humour ANYDAY.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
In all honest I´ve never understood the prevalent attraction to Canada. I´m sure it is a wonderful country, but why do so many people have this weird desire to go there, of all places?

In one of these disaster scenarios, surely it would be best to go where you are familiar with the land (where possible)? This is why I´d go back to Tierra del Fuego, it is familiar as well as being quite out of the way, a good place to live relatively undisturbed.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

How easy is it to legally get citizenship in these countries? This would probably be the first thing Id look at....and if you can't be a legal citizen in the country of choice, then how are you treated? If you'd be treated the same as a Mexican Immigrant here in the U.S., then I'd just as soon stay here!

The thought has crossed my mind to move though....so if you know anything about what I've just asked, please inform me...I'm genuinely curious about this subject.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

oh my god...spain before germany in terms of life quality?
they must be kidding.

lord

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Nobody is going anywhere that is not in walking distance, no boats no cars and if there are cars the road will be littered with broken cars.

Im just gonna find a cave near a river and just sit in the cave all day guarding the entrance.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Once tobambi gets the North American Union done,there wont be a canada to run to,nor will there be an America for the mexicans to swim to...be all one big happy place....

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I think Canada will become a frozen wasteland... So no

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Just one question is their really a possium lodge?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Are you kidding? It's bloody 40 degrees C up here right now. Cold my petoot! lol

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jonco6

Short answer....no.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I dont get it, when the SHTF it will be worldwide, you think the illuminati do not control everything ? they built this world, it will be theirs to destroy...plus our souls live forever, they cant take that away
unless you volunteer

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

that sux but canada is still a awesome place and all the people I have actually meet from their are nice.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
O does anyone in canada find cannibal the musical amusing? Because I havent found anyone in my area that can watch more than about 15 mins of it besides me. The songs are just 2 funny.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
reply to post by
CodexSinaiticus

If SHTF & all hell breaks loose, I know I'd rather be in the UK...With sane, critical & logical thinking people over here.

Not in a country that encourages you to kill each other.

No offence guys, but I think I'd rather be trying to work out solutions as to what the next steps would be, not in the U.S where you have whack-jobs running around wielding shotguns & thinking they are Rambo.

You are a naive one. There are gangs of criminals with guns in the UK who will be the first to round up and slaughter whoever they want whenever they want, especially in the multicultural hell-holes called city's (London being a prime one).

This Briton will be hauling ass out of England soon and I'd say the US has a much better survival rate than the UK has.
More land, the place is not one big urban parking lot (England).
You can actually defend yourself with lethal force without being arrested (unlike the UK where even in your own house it's against the 'law').
In the US you can legally shoot down and kill a spree killer, scratch that in the UK.
edit on 25-6-2011 by WatchRider because: edit

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join