It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the SHTF, Are You Coming to Canada?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
the US is going to absorb canada eventually, harper is selling us out big time, I'd move to the rockies or northern ontario, where I live it sucks here, a flood can just wipe us all out, but on the real, when SHTF I'll be on a mission up north to the north pole and I'm gonna jump inside of that hole.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jyze420
harper is selling us out big time,

Id rather the US than Israel...
ooops!
same thing
just a different rung on the ladder

When the time comes there will be enough crap to go round already
Whoever wants to work together to get it right..
will be damn welcome, any one who wants to stay and fight the problems they should have solved yesterday ...
hey, keep on trying..
But methinks your day is past already.
sorry to say...
if the SHTF down there that means you have already failed

to the rest of you
just bring that recipe for JD, or even crabby patties
and you're in

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by godfather420
reply to post by jude11

Please don't invite these morons to our country....we have enough idiots as it is.

No matter how many times I state in a thread that this is NOT about Canada vs America, someone always seems to think it is.

Maybe you should revisit the OP and see that there was no mention of an invitation. As a matter of fact, I clearly stated that it was not. I merely asked what plans people were making and if their plan included Canada as a destination, why?

Honestly, I would welcome anyone at the border to escape tyranny. ANYONE! I would hold back back the dogs on their trail in order for them to cross if need be.

Remember one thing...the average citizen in the US, like the average citizen in Canada, did not start this crap yet we are all going to end up on the short end.

It's not citizen vs citizen. It's citizen vs them. We are in this together. Whatever happens in the US will happen here in time. Do you think that the little invisible line called a border somehow magically stops tyranny from creeping in? It may take longer but it WILL happen.

We have a lot of land up here and as a fellow human being, I vote to share it with any American citizen that wants to escape the oncoming oppression. And think about this...We'll have more to help us fight when the Obama/Harper wolves come knocking at our Canadian doors.

Many Americans want to stay and fight, to protect their land that was settled by their fore fathers and that's admirable as many Canadians would do the same. Some may be too old and want to live their days without fighting. Some Women may want to run with their children. Some are not fighters at all. Some may not be able to fight. Who knows?

If they decide that they feel safer in Canada, so be it.

So there you have it...Now it's an Invitation.

edit on 25-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MobSaget

Well come on in, the waters' fine :-)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by croweboy

That's right. Trust me I live in Canada and man its cold in the winter, and the amount of wilderness we have is just wayy too much. We have no water, and killer polar bears all year round. You are all safer staying in the U.S.

Ahh it all doesn't matter anyway we are ran by the same people so it would be equally as bad for us i think in a SHTF scenario.

edit on 25-6-2011 by godfather420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I have personal bug out plans, (A,B,and C) to get out of my location, I am in MN, about 120 miles south of Canadian border. I would only cross into Canada if I had to, just because of the vastness of wilderness that you could live in and probably not get found.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I was planning to stay where I am currently in S.TX., we live on a small river with good fishing 3 months out of the year and only a few miles from a large lake. Wild pig and turkey are plentiful as well as lots of green forage. BUT, we are suffering an un precidented drought. Our river is dry, very dry. And unfortunately the oil field expansion has disrupted much of the game which is already stressed due to the drought. The temperatures are running about 15 degrees above the average, which is not bad if your average is 80degrees, but when the summer average is 100; well, thats another story.

We have family in the wilds of KY and ME, so those places are moving higher up the list. Ky would be a good fit for us as we are older and not able to do the harsh ME winters without lots of help. But in KY the problem would be finding good land to grow on that is not prone to flooding. But there like here, there is good water, lots of game and forage.

All politics now is global so I don't see any need of fleeing one country for another. The trick is to live successfully off the grid. Just stay out of everyone's way and take care of your own. Once you have done that, you can look to helping others. We all need to learn survival skills, which is a good idea no matter where or when.

We need to look to the old ways of doing things, herbs as medicine, building by hand tool, farming with man or horse-power, like our grandparents had to do. And the most important thing is to have something that you make, grow or do that will be valuable as barter. Cash and gold will mean nothing if societies collapse and you have no job. The rich man will be the one with food and water.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
PANAMA... or Costa Rica...

no need to watch my investments, earned through my working for the past 30 + years, evaporate through taxes and poor economic management, in the same way my home devalued..

the American Dream is alive.. it's just happening in China.. and Russia,.. and Brazil.. and yes, even the Middle East!

Protect your investments... we were blindsided by the Financial Collapse of 2008, but this time SEE the writing on the wall for what it is!

edit on 25-6-2011 by Annabella because: needed to complete my thought!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Thought I would ask the question since I have seen many posts of people saying that they are getting ready to leave the US with the current political and economic issues that are coming forth.

Many have just stated "Time to get out!" or something along those lines and as Canada seems to be the closest and easiest for assimilation, are you thinking of coming here?

I'm not trying to start a Canada vs America thread here as I honestly believe we all want the same things deep down, but I am curious as to what people are planning when the SHTF. I am also not suggesting Canada in any way. That would be a personal choice.

I have heard a lot of Canadians actually stating the same desires for various reasons. Some being that we will be going down the same road as the US and that's a very credible theory. Others because of taxes and still others worried about climate change. So Americans are apparently not alone in the "Get Out Now" plans.

Where would you go? What are your choices and why?

According to www.expatify.com... these are the easiest places for an American to live as an Expat:

Notice that Canada isn't on the list? My guess is taxes. Yup, we got that in abundance.

10. Costa Rica
9. South Africa
8. Mexico
7. Spain
6. Brazil
5. Italy
4. Australia
3. Czech Republic
2. Thailand
1. Argentina

And for other criteria we have these lists:

www.bidstrup.com...

Cities by Cost Of Living:
Rank, City, Country
NO Canada Here

1. Tokyo, Japan
2. Osaka, Japan
3. London, United Kingdom
4. Moscow, Russia
5. Seoul, South Korea
6. Geneva, Switzerland
7. Zurich, Switzerland
8. Copenhaen, Denmark
9. Hong Kong, Hong Kong
10. Oslo, Norway

Countries By Quality Of Life
Rank, Country, Score (1-10)
NO Canada Here

1. Ireland 8.333
2. Switzerland 8.068
3. Norway 8.051
4. Luxembourg 8.015
5. Sweden 7.937
6. Australia 7.925
7. Iceland 7.911
8. Italy 7.81
9. Denmark 7.796
10. Spain 7.727

See the entire list of 111 Countries here:
www.bidstrup.com...

Honestly, I don't understand the list but there it is. For example, Seoul was so much cheaper for me to live than Canada as I ate locally and didn't live in a Western style house. But each to their own.

Countries with the Best Health Care

Retiring abroad has undeniable appeal, and a big consideration is medical care. Here are countries that ranked highest for access to quality health care:

Canada made this list!

www.dailykos.com...

1. France
2. Belgium
3. Bahrain
4. Germany
5. Switzerland
6. South Africa
7. Thailand
8. Spain
9. Canada
10.Saudi Arabia

So what would be your choice? Many of course are choosing to stay because of various reasons. Family, Finances, Age, Patriotism etc. All good reasons. But for those planning on leaving...where are you thinking of landing...and what are your reasons?

Just curious...Thanks

How in the heck did Argentina, Thailand, and the Czech Republic make it on that first list?

And anyway, if the proverbial # does hit the fan, which it very well could in some areas in about 5-10 years or so, then I'd certainly consider coming up here.........I've always wanted to see the Prairies and Montreal anyway.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I'm staying right here in the good old US of A. I am proud to be an American and you should all be proud of your Countries.

Why would you let so few run you out of your Country .....people need to group together and stand up for their rights.

The peoples need to make things right or for the good if you do nothing then ...............................................

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
No
Canada's too pink for me.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
It's too cold!

I like the heat, and beaches you can swim at.

Plus, look around my brother, the S is hitting the fan as we speak...

So, if you're not there already, time's growing short.

My question is, how many people are moving out of the cities?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Hahah, Argentina first? I'm not surprised... The only country who sells his own oil to the outside... really?

I wouldn't go to Canada if SHTF simply because it's way too far from here... but Brazil seems like a nice alternative.

(Yes, I'm from Argentina, I wouldn't be bashing it like that otherwise)
edit on 25/6/2011 by Aprch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Haha, it's so hard to choose countries now! Mexico would be ok in some places, but the whole country is going downhill... Australia would be nice if not for the insane meth problem... Ireland would be another good one if not for the poor economy. Switzerland would be a good choice for me because of the nice economy, and UK would be nice just because it seems like a nice place to me. Nice post, though. S&F

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
am I the only Canadian, who in a SHTF scenario would actually be going south into the US?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
If I was to move right now, I would have the choice of Australia, Alaska, or China. That would be my choice.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
am I the only Canadian, who in a SHTF scenario would actually be going south into the US?

So if the SHTF in America, you would head towards it?

Please explain!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Yah got my sivler Maples and one gold I`m due for some more !

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I plan on staying in the US and sticking it out. I will relocate when I die, to the vastness of the universe.

Deebo

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join