When the SHTF, Are You Coming to Canada?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by godfather420

Please don't invite these morons to our country....we have enough idiots as it is.

I certainly would never expect hospitality from everyone but morons ? That's incredibly hard.
I mean can you put any moron it than that ?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by lostsock

Don't need to go to Canada to go ice fishing. Plenty of premiere walleye lakes in MN to go ice fishing on, plus it's a lot less hassle.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
NEW ZEALAND because it has it all

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
As an American, when the SHTF, we handle it where it is. Take, for example, Afghanistan, Iraq, Japan, Germany, etc. I don't see any red-blooded American going to Canada. That's what the conscientious objectors did in the 60s. We can handle the problem. My guess is that you don't understand why we are seemingly complacent now. It's because we are used to more difficult problems before we react.

We're tough. And we value Canadians as our loyal friends.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
lol maybe but I doubt it.

edit on 25-6-2011 by jonco6 because: patriotisim

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I think Canada would be a logical move in a SHTF scenario because I'm only about 5 hours from the border. It would have to be something major though. Such as military invasion, nuclear radiation, riots or total loss of the government.
edit on 25-6-2011 by intelinside451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SadButTrue
Once all you smart aware people leave the US....

I'm gonna take over all the sheep and rule the US! yeah!

Yeah what this one said. Care to form an alliance? Or would you rather be my nemesis?
Either way I am not greedy, we can split the US right down the middle what half do you want East or West? I would go with East as my first choice because you know I really don't wanna deal with the Hollywood Divas especially after a SHTF scenario.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by intelinside451

Yes it looks awsome in the movies. But I am sure that as american we really arnt welcome anywhere because of america's rep. limits safe destinations I hear their are a lot canadians that dont like us very much. So I think if shtf then its time to take care of business old school at home. But if I am wrong and there are a bunch of american loving canadians let me know so I can rethink what I will do.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I will prob just stay here. not that i want too. but between family, friends, and lack of money. i have always kinda figured i would goto Canada. but after getting sick and having to go on the disabled list. i figure why even bother. When/IF SHTF its going to be based on luck anyway. sure you can be ready for some things but your not going to be ready for Everything unless your on a space flight or something like that. now if your talking about the gold old USA folding I will stay for that. just to try to help keep corporate from becoming what they are now and run this country. corporate should be pulled apart from all gov. branches. just like how we pulled religion from it. but im not going to get into that topic. so i would stay and fight for my family/ Friends rights.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonco6
reply to post by intelinside451

Yes it looks awsome in the movies. But I am sure that as american we really arnt welcome anywhere because of america's rep. limits safe destinations I hear their are a lot canadians that dont like us very much. So I think if shtf then its time to take care of business old school at home. But if I am wrong and there are a bunch of american loving canadians let me know so I can rethink what I will do.

The whole world doesn't like you very much.

Originally posted by godfather420
reply to post by jude11

Please don't invite these morons to our country....we have enough idiots as it is.

Same goes for the UK, Americans are not welcome here.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Canada is too cold. Texas is where im at and Texas is where I will stay.In those days the liveing will envy the dead and if i live through it I will probably live in the Republic of Texas

link   
WOW I take it there may now be a zombie apocolypse

Army handed pamphlets on how to deal with Zombie attack/apocolypse

In that case I am going somewhere there aren't any people possibly the dead middle of the desert, or something else that hasn't got any people around!!!!
Anybody know where there is next to no population?
edit on 25-6-2011 by ldyserenity because: edit for spelling

link   
Depends what happens. If Yellowstone explodes I'm most likely doomed anyway, but would try to head south I suppose. Truth is I like this land, there are other places I would like to see or live temporarily in the world. But I agree with what this country was founded on and I intend to be here to help defend it, no matter what happens.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Thwax

I really don't think any American will turn up here when TSHTF, purely on population basis. The US has 3 acres of agricultural land per person, the UK has 0.3 acres of agricultural land. Which is a shame IMO cos I'd be happy to learn more survival skills from Americans.
Anyone want to take me in?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Coming from the UK and living the majority if my life in continental Europe, I would have to say that Switzerland or Sweden would be the best places to 'relocate' to.

Saying that though the dream would be Canada - it looks like another world and lots of it! I have some family and friends over there and they adore Canada, there is a big expat community of us over there so I have heard (Maltese) and every Canadian (bar one) that I have met have been very warm, courteous and ver pleasant.

So, I suppose Canada would be the one if there was no time frame but Switzerland if it had to be quick time.

Enjoyed the thread and all responses,'thanks

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Thwax

Oh that's ok you people are too uptight for us "American Scum" anyway.
Well I wouldn't go to London anyhow now, not even if someone paid me to.

Take your tea and crumpets .... (omitted line for Manners and Decorum) and mr bean sucks

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

One of the best places to hold off is in an old style maximum security prison, if you're in the US, and have say 50 other people with you. The prisons with high concrete walls. Rip up the 'courtyard' areas for garden/water collection. Plenty of choke points if the zombies get in. Medical supplies, weapons and library hopefully already present.
No, I'm not barmy...there's reports from around the world that certain governments have tried to use 'zombies' for an army in the past. And I don't care if they aren't really actual undead zombies...if they're infected, affected, or just starving people...I don't need them trying to rip my head off. Remember 'headshot', don't try taking their heads off with a blade (spatter infection)...and burn their bodies without physically touching them (incase of infection).

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by Thwax

Oh that's ok you people are too uptight for us "American Scum" anyway.
Well I wouldn't go to London anyhow now, not even if someone paid me to.

Take your tea and crumpets .... (omitted line for Manners and Decorum) and mr bean sucks

Its not your fault you are a lower class of people than us. Life outside the US is confusing; there are lots of people doing this thing called "exercise", and they eat food that hasn't been fried. Also, you would have trouble due to the general idiocy that exists in your population. Best stay where you are so the rest of the world doesn't have to be exposed to you.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
many posters are complaining about how America isn't free. Aha, that's where the problem lies. This country give us a tremendous amount of freedom. Anyone who disagrees, take a look at this. In any Muslim country if you steal, you get your hand chopped off. In Italy, if you commit a crime even if you are a tourist, the authorities lock you up. In China, if you dare to defy the government, they'll kill you or god knows what else. I could go on having a huge list of other countries and their strict rules. In the end, cherish what you have.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Please forgive Thwax, he's at ground zero if TSHTF

As for moving to another country...somewhere thats got winter fruiting trees would be good. I want to stay put, but there's not alot on offer food-wise during the winter months in the UK...me being veggie really doesn't help

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join