When the SHTF, Are You Coming to Canada?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonco6
reply to post by jude11

Just one question is their really a possium lodge?

Yes it's where the masons go

I live in canada, quebec.. we have 75 000 km of space for every personne.
just let them try and round us up, we survive and thrive in -30 degrees celcious.
we are survivors of the shtf every year.. they better bring their boots and gloves...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by Thwax

Oh that's ok you people are too uptight for us "American Scum" anyway.
Well I wouldn't go to London anyhow now, not even if someone paid me to.

Take your tea and crumpets .... (omitted line for Manners and Decorum) and mr bean sucks

If I had to choose between living with Americans & living with British people (& I'm actually Vietnamese..We owned your ass, don't forget it), based on them being the difference between life & death, it's a no-brainer really.

I'd say most British people can actually think for themselves...They don't need the TV to think for them.

I've lived all over the UK and on that I'd say well over half of them can't, especially not when it comes to survival or even prepping.
You ever lived on a council estate?
The welfare state, a dumbed down mentality, media-desired lifestyle, increasing urbanisation, subject mentality with privileges handed down from parliament.

You suck...Mr Bean effing rules. All UK humour > U.S humour ANYDAY.
edit on 25-6-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

See bold.

Also, read your history books on Vietnam too, the US left your asses in 1972 having torn apart your fighters ranks and don't you forget it.

Canada sounds ok in the western areas and the wilderness IF you are set up and have friends there already.
Beware the harsh winter though...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I used to live in Alaska...Ill pass on winter...it really sux

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
lol i love reading how the people living in the UK dont think they live in a police state. Your country is probably more #ed than the US. Anyway yeah im from australia and if your a citizen its a great place to live.

In the "Outback" you can pickup land from like 10$ an Acre. While the main cities are becoming overpopulated we have alot of land that is free, I'm not saying australia is any better than the UK or the US but it is a great place to live and the people are friendly as if your white that is
(note that was a joke that only aussies would really get). Our dollar is slightly better the the USD but i doubt that will last, its a warm country and depending on where you live (i love in brisbane, QLD) it doesnt get below freezing.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Esotericizm

My Buddy lives in Perth...he likes it

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

Perth is nice for sure, its probably my 2nd choice of Capitol Cities (you can legally grow 2 plants there
). Although in all honestly i would prefer to be way from the coast

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
If Canada was ever going to amount to anything, they would have done it by now. No SHTF scenario would make it more appealing. It might be a good place to get lost in the wilderness.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by Thwax

Oh that's ok you people are too uptight for us "American Scum" anyway.
Well I wouldn't go to London anyhow now, not even if someone paid me to.

Take your tea and crumpets .... (omitted line for Manners and Decorum) and mr bean sucks

If I had to choose between living with Americans & living with British people (& I'm actually Vietnamese..We owned your ass, don't forget it), based on them being the difference between life & death, it's a no-brainer really.

I'd say most British people can actually think for themselves...They don't need the TV to think for them.

You suck...Mr Bean effing rules. All UK humour > U.S humour ANYDAY.

Unless you were north Vietnamese you didn't own anyone and invading as we were leaving after the peace treaty was signed was nothing but an act of cowardice.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The short answer... No...
I might think about Alaska fewer people and more wildlife but Canada... no

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
I'm heading nowhere my family was in this country before it became a country and we'll be here when it stops being a country. And the way I see it after the patriots get everything straightened out all the people who ran off don't bother coming back this country didn't need you after all.

Me and you....

Side by side brother.

My ancestors made this country what it is (or supposed to be) I will be here until the end.....

Why would it be any more safe anywhere else? I do not understand peoples logic......I believe if America fails...The whole world will fail....TPTB here in the states will not allow the power to shift somewhere else.

Peoples logic really stumps me sometimes.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I'd have to say quality of life here in Canada is better of than Italy , it's not a bed of roses but certainly we're better off than Italy . As for when the SHTF I`m glad I don't live some where like LA , it's going to get real ugly it will make 1980's Lebanen look like Mr Rogers neighborhood .. Come to think of it, I think whats happening is a steady down word spiral the old frog water thing . The S is HingTF, just right now it's little rabbit turds and the room is start to smell pretty bad .

As for the situation in Canada when things get really bad , we are so closely tied to the US it goes with out sayng we will be pulled down too . just how bad is the question .
edit on 25-6-2011 by OpusMarkII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
When and if the SHTF, I will not flee like a scared little kid. I will stay and fight and defend my family and my neighborhood, even if I die doing it. Why run from your problems? Stay and fight or they have already won.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpusMarkII
I'd have to say quality of life here in Canada is better of than Italy , it's not a bed of roses but certainly we're better off than Italy . As for when the SHTF I`m glad I don't live some where like LA , it's going to get real ugly it will make 1980's Lebanen look like Mr Rogers neighborhood .. Come to think of it, I think whats happening is a steady down word spiral the old frog water thing . The S is HingTF, just right now it's little rabbit turds and the room is start to smell pretty bad .

The room is smelling better for me. It is all a matter of perspective.

If you read doom and gloom all of the time, that is what you see...

I just got a union job......Yes there are jobs (scarce) but there out there. You have to want it, do your homework(which I didn't do much of), and be on time.

The problem is that everybody (in general, not you or anybody in specific) is lazy and wants everything handed to them............I work my azz off for my money. Something that some, even on ATS wants no part of, I know because i have had a small chat with the "cubicle team"..........

It is only as bad as you make it.........I think you need some sunshine and wilderness.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Glad you landed a decent gig brother , I can't complain about my job either and I too deserve this job becuase I've have given my pound of flesh over the years . It's deffiately good to have a positive perspective but it's also good to have foresight just in case .
As for some sunsight well getting plenty of that , could do with some camping though

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OpusMarkII

It's deffiately good to have a positive perspective but it's also good to have foresight just in case .

I am letting the employer contribute to the 401k.

I just bought my first silver eagle. This is my investment plan, inflation is killing the dollar, screw the banks.....the guy at the coin shop said that $1000 C.D's have had a whopping return of $1 profit......That is not even worth it. You can make more money selling bubble gum by the piece.

My plan is every week to buy one or two eagle's.....Just in case.
edit on 25-6-2011 by liejunkie01 because: grammar

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I read somewhere not too long ago that, something like 80% of canadians live within a hundred miles of the US/Canada boarder !!!

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MCL1150

some body has to watch for the mexican army...
they are almost here i hear

edit on 25-6-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Why would they come to Canada, dont they know it turns to snow the second you cross the border, like a giant wall of ice! Theyd need snow shoes and a dog sled just to get to vancouver... lol Im Canadian and being sarcastic
The truth is, thers no where more id want to be but here, just look at a map, we have more untaped wilderness than anywhere in the world, more fish and game, more room to live, and less guns and nuts to rob and kill us! Not to mention were almost all friendly to one another. And if you had to live in the wilderness, We have almost no poisonous animals or insects, have fun sleeping outside in Australia without hospitals to go to...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Well i'm moving from Sweden to America so.. I'm doing the exact opposite

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

'Our War Against Canada': Alex Cox and the Long March of American Militarism....

...is planning a three-part, 90-minute documentary on the all-too-true story of serious American plans to wage war against Canada, Mexico and Great Britain in the years before World War II. These detailed schemes are filled with "echoes from the future," in Pasternak's apt phrase: eerie prefigurements and deep-rooted patterns that have been played out — in reality, not just on paper — over and over down through the decades, and now confront us once again, most starkly and horribly, in Iraq...

"War Plan Red" dealt with a proposed war against Great Britain, then considered America's chief rival for economic dominance in the world. The 1935 plan envisioned major strikes on UK interests around the world, with the primary focus on nearby Canada, which was to be subjected to a full-scale invasion and occupation, with aerial bombing of cities, massed infantry and armor attacks — and the use of poison gas. The capture of Canada's vast mineral wealth was another goal of the attack. How serious was this plan? Serious enough to be the object of the largest war games in U.S. history up to that time: 50,000 troops on a detailed dry run of the cross-border assault....

...As Cox notes in the documentary's conclusion: "These war plans tell us some disturbing things about the world's last superpower — about America's attitude toward its allies, about the motivation behind its lofty sentiments, and its inexplicable acts of terrorism and war." Like some grand cinematic mashup, the film will force past and present into a strange, disturbing harmony whose resonances will almost certainly, tragically, echo far into the future....

www.lewrockwell.com...

the thanks we get for letting you hide from the russkies behind us
and you let the mexicans come right up to our border....

I won't even get to the stats on what happens when Canada war games the US....

well we see ya...we raise ya
and we call ya

the gulf of tinkin never happened so calling a north vietnames a coward is cowardice pure and simple

you lied to start a war with a midget
and you lost
you LOST !
now
get over it!

where the hell did the nice americans on this thread go...?
the thread was so much more fun with them
our GOOD neighbours
whom we have died for to help

edit on 25-6-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join