When the SHTF, Are You Coming to Canada?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Not a chance in hell would I go to Canada, I don't even like to visit there. I am in Colorado that is far enough north for me. If the SHTF I will likely stay put right here or somewhere within the US.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa
Not a chance in hell would I go to Canada, I don't even like to visit there. I am in Colorado that is far enough north for me. If the SHTF I will likely stay put right here or somewhere within the US.

Yea id hate to be in public there if they lost another hockey game.

*edit* Ohh and I like my handguns too.

Deebo
edit on 25-6-2011 by Deebo because: add

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Forget taxes. When the SHTF, one needs to be in an area with a LONG growing season. Hence why I would think so many tropical places are on the list. People can say what they want about the US, but when the US falls, so will EVERY other modern country on the map. There will be extremes and those only mildly affected, but Americans will be blamed (again) on their new plights and we will not be welcome in many places.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo

Originally posted by MaMaa

Yea id hate to be in public there if they lost another hockey game.

Deebo

LMAO My hubby is from North Dakota I have seen how weird northerners get about their hockey. I don't understand that sort of of obsession with sports of any kind, no matter where you are, but I guess it is probably better that I don't understand it or I might be just like them.

To be honest I wasn't thinking of freaky hockey riots n such, but it's just too damned cold. I know even here in Colorado that our warm months are very short and I know that the further north you go the worse it is. This is not to say Canada is an ice box year round, but the months that it is warm enough for my taste is far too short. I would be miserable in the winter time and have to kill myself if I lived any further north. Not even just Canada, I wouldn't even want to live further north into Wyoming! LMAO

Nothing personal Canada, I'm sure you might have some nice folks around, but I am quite happy with being further south. I'd actually wouldn't mind living even further south, someplace with a nice warm beach.. and hammock. LOL

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
i'll stick with where i am thank you, bottom of the south island, new zealand, low population, plenty of fresh water, heaps of wild game. climate can be a bit cool at times but nothing to other parts of the world. oh and there is plenty of land around for growing all your veges.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
it depends. is RUSH going to have a free SHTF concert?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Im thinking gilligans island,ginger is hot.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
am I the only Canadian, who in a SHTF scenario would actually be going south into the US?

Probably, yes.

I hope it doesn't turn out to be Yellowstone or the New Madrid fault letting go

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
Im thinking gilligans island,ginger is hot.

um...you do know that she's now 77 yrs old right?

Just checking.

edit on 25-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I'm from Canada and im going to stay. I think that Canada has to start using some of its land for our population though, considering 80%+ live on the Canada-Us border, we have so much more to offer people coming over, dont just keep crowding the already over-populated cities.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

Don't worry Canada doesnt want you either.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

i've been told life in the Ukraine is very affordable and the ladies are very easy on the eyes. while most people do not make an abundance of money their income takes care of them well. there are many nice areas to live in where access to everything you need is easy by foot or taxi. taxis are plentiful and affordable.

most men there drink excessively and do not take good care of themselves. adultery is a problem and divorce is high. so for a guy that takes care of themself and has self-respect and respect for women, it sounds like one could carve out a nice life there.

from what i was told the an American who liquidates their assets can live out their years comfortably in the Ukraine. flats are very affordable and often come fully furnished with everything you need right down to internet access, and everything is in one price. you don't have to pay lots of separate utility bills.

i was told Ukranians all go to college or university and the state sends citizens on nice vacations every year. can you imagine?

i have not been. this i was told by a guy i know. he claims to have been there many times. he claims the women are drop-dead gorgeous and dress to the hilt. sounds like Candy Land to me.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by STONEcoleD
I'm from Canada and im going to stay. I think that Canada has to start using some of its land for our population though, considering 80%+ live on the Canada-Us border, we have so much more to offer people coming over, dont just keep crowding the already over-populated cities.

It's just so much warmer down near the border. I have lived in every province and territory and I still choose Kelowna and area.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I think I'll stick around the Great Lakes if I can. If worse comes to worse I might head away from any larger cities along them, but there are still plenty of remote areas. Fresh water wont be much of an issue, and climate is still good enough to grow lots of things in the summer months if necessary. In the winter, I'd probably have to learn to like the local freshwater fish more than I do now. Cold I know how to deal with, but one of the best strategies in winter is to not have to go anywhere if you don't have to. The big scary blizzard of 2011 that dumped about 3ft of snow didn't bother me any.

As to whether or not I'll be on the Canadian side depends on what exactly the SHTF scenario is.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Easy women and cheep beer , hell yea i'll be there.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

Well we like our pistols too, and our rifles and shotguns. There are actually more guns per capita in canada than the us...only thing is we need a license which costs about 100 bucks and weeds out the crazies.
edit on 25-6-2011 by godfather420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

LOL. I couldn't have said it better myself.

But on the contrary....let them be tough and stay in their country and fight their own war. We don't need that type of mindset in Canada because it simply doesn't fit in.

Plus....last time americans tried coming to canada with that attitude we went and burnt their whitehouse to the ground

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

It wasn't about hockey. Their were people who went there to riot, win or lose the riot still would have happened. We don't get that crazy over sports. The next day there were volunteers by the hundreds offering to clean up the streets. That is what the majority of Canada represents.

I am very jealous of the USA's weather in southern states....but not enough to move. Winter's are nice...they kinda slow life down sometimes which in today's society is just nice lol.
edit on 25-6-2011 by godfather420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by godfather420

man, get a sled
outrun the cold

though cold is where the beer is

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Yes, I would go to Canada. Simply because it's closest.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join