It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the SHTF, Are You Coming to Canada?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

On the road - Okanagan

No place like home! I wont leaving BC if the SHTF.
edit on 28-6-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by goatman

I agree with you entirely. But you say that people here comply with the law without ever questioning it, I've seen nothing of the sort around here. EVERYONE is breaking the law around here, causing trouble etc. People getting drunk, smoking weed, smashing up bus stops, lurking at train stations, stabbing people, shooting people, raiding McDonalds shops late at night terrifying young teenagers who just want to work for some cash (Kids under 18 only get paid ~$8/hr... even late hour shifts).

Seriously, this country isn't so fantastic.

Ah well.

Though, I was at Port Douglas for a week a few years back, it seemed like an acceptable place up there, but I wasn't there long enough to truly know.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

Agreed, and you support my point that our county is no better than any other country. I do not mean that people comply with the rule of law to the point that they do not commit crime. I mean it in general. People who commit crime are a minority, when you consider ratio. Most people are passive and compliant, but that is not say there aren't gangs of youths harassing night shift workers at Maccas or what have you. Their energy is misdirected, which is pretty universal. If a police officer burst through someones door, and ordered them down with their hands over their heads, most people would be unthinkingly compliant. If the symbol on their shoulder was a swastika, some might resist in the heat of retrospection, but not likely. Since we've new emblems for these sort of things, people will kneel however they're asked.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lastbleedingvictim
Haha, it's so hard to choose countries now! Mexico would be ok in some places, but the whole country is going downhill... Australia would be nice if not for the insane meth problem... Ireland would be another good one if not for the poor economy. Switzerland would be a good choice for me because of the nice economy, and UK would be nice just because it seems like a nice place to me. Nice post, though. S&F

UK and Ireland are ultra expensive these days compared to the US, houses everywhere in the latter are half-finished out in the countryside.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by goatman

True, very true. Yes in the end our country is really no 'better' than any other country. It's that old idea that the grass is greener on the other side, but truth be told, it really isn't. It's the same colour.

Anyway cheers for the chat.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Delayed responce.. heh..

When SHTF, corporations will have lost power.. no people, no workers, no money. What point will they have destroying the world when they have:
1) no more consumers to sell the products to?
2) no workers/slaves to do it for them?
3) no free tax money to pay for technology and equipment for digging up and tearing down our resources?

IMO when SHTF, it will be the deciding point for humanity to learn from our selfish, self destructive ways, and clean up our act *what little will remain of us*, or we will lose the title of dominate species... *shrugs*

Again, it's not like anywhere else in the world sounds like a better spot to be.... Except maybe central South America.... but that's too far for me.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I intend to stay here in England and help anyone that needs it..
It is my country and for all its ailments its a country i love..
For example when aliens land there are a lot of people who
will be in shock will need infomation and guidance..
this is a task ive decided for myself and if it costs me my life
so be it..
Peace to all at ATS
Regards
Plazmuh

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SalientSkivvy

That's why I personally don't think that diaspora coming up here from the states will benefit them or us. As a matter of fact my way of life could be easily made worse in a SHTF situation by a whole bunch of americans, drawn up here by false hopes, resorting to violence in order to make the ends meet in some manner. Keep in mind that when the SHTF, there would be enough unrest up here with all the numb and dumb sheep that don't prepare for anything and don't care when shown the warning signs.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

I guess I mean to say the survivors... what's left of them, and the ones who manage to make it over the boarder.. *which I will presume will be heavily protected...?*
The sheeple will die off quickly...

So hey, the few that do... meh, again.. I don't mind... Hell, they almost deserve it if they make it that far haha.
I'm down for working together to survive this mess we've put ourselves in.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SalientSkivvy

That makes you one in about 10 million, sadly enough. Up here, noone cares about their neighbour. This is why I would not be too accepting of any more ignoramuses coming over the border to buttress the ones we already have lol. Keep in mind I am not saying you're all stupid or anything, it's just hard enough up here as it is.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
yeah work may be required up here
but then
beer doesn't grow on trees..
we have more avatars with the term "420" in them then any other country
so it can't be too bad...

low politicians per square mile too

SHTF
it may not be a question of fighting down south..
it may be disaster disease...or dystopia...
I bet
at some point either we get it together or we all fall under the bus

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Canada and Australia seem like just about the only places that doesn't have nuclear power stations all over (nuclear power stations will leak radiation when there is no workers or electricity). Just a pity many (such as myself) live in countries like Britain, where there are multiple reactors yet nowhere to go to hide from the radiation.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
If the SHTF like what we are expecting... any lines on a map for a country will be pretty much gone, If I were to go to Canada, I wouldn't be in a flat/apt or house in the city... I could care less about the taxes, i wouldn't pay them, because I would be so far off the grid, that even I wouldn't be able to find me!!!
I would be out in the country, with a truck...hell, a semi load of supplies(figure of speach) and would be out of sight, out of mind.
I would only leave my current location or BOL, as a last resort, but if your going to go...might as well try to go all the way and be totally self reliant if you can.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I am going to eastern pennsylvania. For very good reasons too that people may not be aware of.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Ideally I'd like to go to a country like the USA which has access to guns, and you seem willing to stand by this, you guys stand a fighting chance. BTW I'm from Australia..
edit on 8-7-2011 by IdeaLogical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Thought I would share this..

Tom Brokaw explains the relationship between Canada and The United States, in a pre-recorded short film that aired on NBC, prior to the Opening Ceremonies of the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada on Feb. 12th, 2010. ***

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Verbal72
Thought I would share this..

Tom Brokaw explains the relationship between Canada and The United States, in a pre-recorded short film that aired on NBC, prior to the Opening Ceremonies of the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada on Feb. 12th, 2010. ***

Great video!

Never seen this so thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join