It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the SHTF, Are You Coming to Canada?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Ha Ha Ha! I don't need a rod when I'm fishing for an invite. Thank you bones. I could never make it there one day away from So cal. I would miss it terrible. I'm here for duration and thanks for the compliment. I'd love to visit until you all got sick me and drove me back to the border though. I get tossed out of everywhere else I go why not there?

People need start flaggin this thread man SnF

edit on 24-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I've always dreamed of going to Canada to go ice fishing, but if the shtf I too will be staying in my own back yard. I couldn't afford the gas to get there nor could I walk that far. Getting old and having stiff joints is no fun so the cold winters would more than likely see me bed ridden and useless to everyone

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

not to worry
assumimg in a shtf scenario there is someplace to throw you back too...

we only throw em back
when they are out of season or too small

so thats why I suggest a bribe of a case of JD
and rainbows are in season all year...
with sunglasses on you would pass for a local on a day off....

or at worst a striking Canada postie
(just grab the free tee shirt out of a case of Molson's Canadian, you'll pass for sure!)
edit on 24-6-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2011 by Danbones because: and bring me one of those fancy a$$ed spell check thingies too while your at it....please haha

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lostsock

hey man we just love that Tennesse accent
and your JD
come on in

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

And don't forget the Salmon!

When those things run you can pick them out with your hands if you get to the right place in the river.

Canada has a lot to offer in the SHTF scenario but the only thing is the cold. Find the right place in the Okanagan and you're set.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I'll be in Cuba...Possibly in the "big business", if you know what I mean.

I'll pay my share towards TPTB to leave me in peace at my villa...If this is not allowed, then I'll be ready for war on my own turf.

Scarface-style.

I'm going out with a bang.

But yeah, I hear Canada is nice, & marijuana is decriminalized there...So, yeah, it's another possible place if my dream move to Cuba ends up failing.

As for taxing, sure it's bad, but it can't be much worse than the UK.

IMO, Canada is one of the best countries in the world!
edit on 24-6-2011 by SmoKeyHaZe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I swear it's like you already know me. At one time I could chug a pint of J.D. and the shades ? I'm known for always having em on. 2 a.m my friends are say'in " will you take off those shades"? So I lift em up above my brow.I always say," you never know when you're going to need eye protection". In this case you never know when TS is gonna HTF. I'm sitt'in here with em on right now as matter of fact.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'm sitt'in here with em on right now as matter of fact.

I lol'ed. Are you really sitting at home in front of your screen with shades on? Who are you trying to look cool for?! J/k

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

How many cases of JD do you think I'd need to bring to get "across the border"

But seriously, if moving to Canada were with in my means I'd move happily even if s* wasn't htf. I've always wanted to experience snow that doesn't melt away with in 3 days.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
i aint leaving im walking down to my fully stocked bunker and let all the people kill each other off and then re emerge and make the world in my own image

bah people who are gonna run thats what character is made out of adversity that the stuff that legends are made of.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

I don't lie to kick it. This is my house.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Oh, you look way cooler than me man...I couldn't pull the shades look, whereas you can.

I only use shades in situations where my eyes have reddened, due to being a "botanist", so to speak

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I don't lie to kick it. This is my house.

Dude!

You absolutely belong in Canada!

You could be the twin of about 13 of my friends...lol

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Well a botanist is a very cool thing to be my friend. I find the shades helpful when I spend a lot of hours on ATS.
Which is like everyday. Eye protection. Got a keep em clean though, but that's not a lot of work.

Jude
I'm positive I'd blend right in. Then I'd show you how to drink yourselves sober. Believe me it can be done. It would be a blast to see what you peeps are all about to I'm sure. Great thread you got go'in. Fun

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Sounds like a party. I'll bring the greens. Don't worry people, I got the fatsack here, just shout out for SmoKey if you wanna ToKey!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
If the SHTF then it really depends on the situation as to whether or not I would leave. If it was something I believed in and was worth fighting for, then I would pick up arms and stand shoulder to shoulder with my fellow American. If I was to jump ship though I would most likely head to Mexico. Living in Arizona, it would be a little difficult to head to Canada in a spur the moment SHTF scenario. Besides I'm a desert rat, not a snow bird, I can't stand the cold lol.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Heck no! If the SHTF I'm staying put, right here in America, thank you very much. I'll be just as good here if not better than anywhere else. What does Canada have to offer me that I don't have?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Come to Cuba!. We can get into the "big business" together.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Cuba...that's a joke, right? Cuz most Cubans risk life and limb to come to America.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Please don't invite these morons to our country....we have enough idiots as it is.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join