It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the SHTF, Are You Coming to Canada?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow
reply to post by jude11

im in canada and ill live in this country forever porbably. if it gets really bad politicaly or economicaly in here theres plentlky of places in the wilderness to go wait it out, until it becomes stable again

That we have...plenty of space where there is absolutely no chance of running into anyone and the water is plentiful...for now.

Side note, there are over 100,000 lakes in Manitoba alone.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
OK OK...

Who's with me? Let's go find some island, one large enough to live on small enough to not be noticed...

Who's with me? Let's find that island!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

it actualy gets extremly hot up here in the summer. so hot in the summer i often cant sleep at night fro the heat. as for the winter go to kolowna it only drops to -7(celcuious) in winter(average winter tempreture)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SadButTrue
OK OK...

Who's with me? Let's go find some island, one large enough to live on small enough to not be noticed...

Depends on where it is.

Many here would love that plan.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Neopan100

it actualy gets extremly hot up here in the summer. so hot in the summer i often cant sleep at night fro the heat. as for the winter go to kolowna it only drops to -7(celcuious) in winter(average winter tempreture)

The fruit belt is definitely the place to be in Canada. Anything grows and the climate is beautiful year round.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

im probably going to head out to somewhere in the okanagan if i have to. warm year round there, ton of water and plently of food scources(im just trying to learn more about survivial)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
1. If TSHTF I'll be with my family and friends...not trying to flee the country (we live a long way from Canada...)

2. Based on those country ranks, especially since USA is not in ANY of them, I may just try to relocate soon.

When TSHTF it will be too late unless you're near the border.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

im probably going to head out to somewhere in the okanagan if i have to. warm year round there, ton of water and plently of food scources(im just trying to learn more about survivial)

Yeah, just posted about the area. Beautiful. Problem is that many more will be there as well.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

If it had a spring we'd be lucky. If not we'd find a way to take salt from water, it can be done somewhat easily. Would eat fish mostly and our dolphin friends would keep us safe from sharks and help in our survival. I live in Idaho so i'm gonna spend the rest of my days somewhere with a similar climate zone.

With water and fish we should be able to live a decent life. I'd be content to spend my nights on a beach with a fire and friends. We'll def need to bring someone who can brew beer though.

link   
reply to post by buster2010

I'm with you Buster. I'm not trading a backyard that I know like the back of my hand for the safety of someone elses.. My ancestors hacked out a living here when the white population was still under 50,000.

link   

Originally posted by SadButTrue
OK OK...

What island, where? I could be up for that.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

its to bad its really nice, i went there last summer didnt have day under 30 degrees seems like a safe haven so you have a point, anyone who knows about will try to get there. my problem is im in the wrong province so i wont get there quick enough. i might also think about hiding out in the rockeys to. i guess im closer. still plently of food and water just a harsher winter to live out

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well if you plan on immigrating to Canada I suggest starting the process as soon as possible. The system is so backlogged it's a nightmare...believe me, I know from first hand experience.....

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

its to bad its really nice, i went there last summer didnt have day under 30 degrees
Really? 30 degrees? You can keep that! You get below freezing and I am an unhappy camper.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

soory i meant celcious, im metiric its really warm

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Canada is beautiful. That said I couldn't even grow a tomato when I lived in Maine and the seasonal depression sucked. That puts my first choice country Sweden kind of out of it for the long haul - but they got it going on, from the scan design, to the hot tubs, to the quality of life. So shout out to them.

I once thought American Somoa would be about as far out as you could go to get away from it all.
In that regard I've an interest in Bolivia, it seems pure and undisturbed - but they aren't keen on Americans at all, even have pretty strick travel restrictions on us.

Probably for ease Costa Rica and Panama. It seems easier to survive in temperate climates.

But in all honestly I am a middle aged, disabled American Veteran who would loose my income if my Country collapsed. Who would want me and why should I burden the resources of the world? I mean that in all fairness. I gave and produced for this country for many years, but my only real value at this point as a consumer on this earth is being a mother to my son - other than that I've no real value - though believe me I LOVE LIVING. If the spaceship showed up with only so many seats, I would want my child and your child to have a chance . . . ya know, nobody needs my tired old arse. So leave me behind with some great food, and movies, and other stuff for the Ultimate Hedonistic Goodbye party.
edit on 24-6-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
If America falls,so will the rest of the world. I'm staying ,this is my home.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I'm not going anywhere if I can help it. If necessary I will back up into the higher mountains and wait it out even if it takes years. I know this terrain better than any other so I think it's smart to stay with what I know and not go to any other areas I'm not familiar with. I know what grows good here and I know where 3 springs come out of the ground back in the mountains so even if it gets rough I'm gonna ride it out.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Canada??!! Oh hell no.. I dont wanna live in an igloo, speak French, and drive dog sleds to walmart.

Seriously though, why run away? I guess Ill just be an old wet blanket and stay here and fight for what I believe in.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBirdisDone
So leave me behind with some great food, and movies, and other stuff for the Ultimate Hedonistic Goodbye party.

Now there's a thought!

I ain't no spring chicken myself but I know how to grow food, hunt, fish, cook etc. If I get tired, I'll curl up under a tree and go out with a bottle in one hand and a book in the other.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join