It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the SHTF, Are You Coming to Canada?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Well I'm in Australia so I'll probably be staying here in a SHTF scenario. But to anyone keen on coming here for refuge, just remember that Australia is far from any sort of paradise. I mean Australia is alright, but people say all the people are nice here, and that's certainly not true. There's quite a lot of things here that'd make me want to go elsewhere, but in the end I'll probably just suck it up and deal with it.

So come here if you want, but remember its not sunny 365 days a year, & the people could be better (getting drunk & doing drugs at a young age (even prior to 18) is ingrained in our culture, so if that's your thing as well, please stop by).
edit on 25/6/11 by shadowland8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Wussies. Running away when things look shoddy.

Why not stay and take it like a man? Also I guarantee things won't get anywhere near as bad as most of you worryworts think they will. Things look fine from my end of the spectrum, then again I don't fill my mind with doom and gloom, pointless politics and false economics.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Well if it happens while I am already in Canada , I surely have some unfinished business to take care of that won't really matter will it . Yet it depends on how bad the fan sprayed it doesn't it ?

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Canada? Australia? Please do your research before hopping! My grandmother came from Ontario to the Denver area in the early 20th century where I was born. Must have been a reason. Australia was originally a penal colony (jail) for Great Britain.Lately, it has had a bad share of fires, droughts, and floods.
I am thankful that I left CO in 1968 because of all the NWO secrecy with the new Denver airport. That area always has high radiation readings.
I remember a motto of my generation in the '60's.

"BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED !"

It seems that I was planted here in Southern CA in 1980. If you are resourceful with a good spiritual compass, it's a great place to grow. Seems to me that this is true wherever you live. Pray about any move and consider the costs.
Blessings wherever you are! :roll

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I think I'm just going to go down with the ship. Too bad all the Captains won't.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I would think that it might be best to watch where the biggest coward and crooks are buying land and look for that area

Bush and Moon buy in Paraguay

Do you think its just money water or family safety?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Since I already live in Canada, and since Canada weathered that little economic storm better than everyone else, I'll take my chances and stay put. I live in Williams Lake BC, so I'm far enough away from civilization. It helps that the local elk population is rising, so hunting will be good. Like some mentioned before, there's plenty of wilderness and small towns to hide out in that are off the map. If you can disappear off the radar and live off the land, then central-northern BC is where to be. Prince Rupert is a good candidate as well. It's far enough north to be out of the way, you've got lots of resources, and the climate is mild. Perfect.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I'm staying put simply because it's my area of expertise. I know the lay out of the land, know how and what to do to survive in it. I simply in all honesty cannot say I'd fare as well in a land I am not familiar with. Though, to be honest, Canada and where I live are not all that dissimiliar in environment and weather. Those things do matter I believe.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
you know I do have a serious question to ask. Why do people want to be land locked with no real escape root? meaning why not go to a sea with an easy access to escape?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I'm Australian and I can assure you that it is no better than any other country. We suffer disasters, such as: floods, droughts, hurricanes and fires. Americans are generally not liked (nor any nationality). All our major populated cities are on the coastline. Inland country is nothing but desert. Cost of living is high, population is growing but housing is not accommodating for its growth. Tax is a big thing, we have GST which is a tax on almost all services and goods, then a income tax and insanely high taxes on vice goods. Imported goods are very expensive and because we have little manufacturing industry we import a lot of goods (white goods, electronics, DVD/video games are known to be 200% more expensive than other countries). Our police force is brutal and corrupt, plus our government is incomplete, immature and ineffective. We also piss off the UN for the treatment of our Aboriginals in the Northern Territory (racial prohibition) and poor treatment of refugees. We have NO bill of rights, NO freedom of speech. People are passive and follow the rule of law without question. White, middle class Australians are uncultivated and moronic, they are more likely to take an anti-depressant than question the problems in their world. I have also found Australia to be a testing ground for, so called, NWO initiatives, such as: stripping of rights, impairing nanny state laws and manipulation of population through mind control. Our education system has become a money making machine with rich internationals being granted first place over native born brains. All our media is nearly all owned by Rupert Murdoch, with restrictions in placed to prevent the truth being told.

Positives for Australia is that we are currently financially secure. This is mostly due with our trade of raw goods to China. However if China suffers, we suffer too and it is only a matter of time when we affected from the global financial problems. We have okay welfare, but it has been degenerated for the last twenty years and our health care is good. Employment statistics are low, but corrupt, the government is known to invent jobs to bring down the employment rate, for example: when a person becomes unemployed and go onto welfare – they are automatically enrolled on a pseudos job seeking course. Even though they are unemployed they are declared employed because they are doing a course to find a job. Thus the numbers appear low, but in fact not. Also the so-called ‘teachers’ are directly hired from the dole and need not any professional quantification.

All in all, Australia is perhaps a step higher than America, but we suffer from similar problems. If you come here to be free from police/nanny state then you’re an idiot. Australians would happily accept open mass slavery then something so extreme and radical as gay marriage or god forbid a bill of rights. Australian people are lay back, so much so that they are totally apathetic towards everything, unless it is endorsed by the MSM. So yeah, come here if you want to live in little America.

edit on 26/6/11 by goatman because: grammar

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by goatman

Holy #.
Get out?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AmericanEagle

I'm sure there will be plenty of Australians on here that disagree and say something like: 'Australia is the lucky country.' The quote itself is a misquote from Donald Horne (en.wikipedia.org...) Most Australians that claim our country is the best in the world fit into my, 'white, middle class Australians, uncultivated and moronic,' class.
edit on 26/6/11 by goatman because: correct minor stuff.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I'm already here! Born and raised in Calgary, AB.. currently living in Vancouver, but going to be returning back home in Sept.
There's no where else in the world I'd rather be living when SHTF.
45 min drive to the mountains, with mass amounts of forest for cover, fresh glacier water, and high above sea level...

I have no problem with Americans, or anyone coming up here. We got so much space and resources; and when its no longer being raped by huge corporations, can be used for us... the people.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by goatman

Wow... maybe I wouldn't go to Australia after all. Sounds like home away from home.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonco6
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

that sux but canada is still a awesome place and all the people I have actually meet from their are nice.

You haven't met me yet lol
In all honesty though, I try not to be anti-american but if I see hundreds of you guys coming up here and taking our resources for yourselves, you will not be greeted kindly by people like me. As a matter of fact, you might be greeted by pitchforks and 12 guages lmao jk......i hope......
edit on 26/6/2011 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SalientSkivvy

The corporate control of our natural resources will never end, if anything it will get worse when the SHTF, as everyone will be too busy trying not to starve to death to do anything about it. If you think we have more than enough just wait and see what happens when it's not enough anymore. Sorry...I have a penchant for philosophical statements.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

3 words.....mutinous US Navy..........might be a little dangerous.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by havenvideo
Wussies. Running away when things look shoddy.

Why not stay and take it like a man? Also I guarantee things won't get anywhere near as bad as most of you worryworts think they will. Things look fine from my end of the spectrum, then again I don't fill my mind with doom and gloom, pointless politics and false economics.

I'm sorry but would you really want to take a chance, especially in a nuclear scenario, terrorist or otherwise? It does seem kinda foolhardy, IMHO, unless you don't have a choice at the moment, or don't live too close to any major cities.
Although I can agree on one thing: it's definitely a good idea to try NOT to think about gloom & doom all the time.

edit on 27-6-2011 by AverageJoe1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow
reply to post by Neopan100

it actualy gets extremly hot up here in the summer. so hot in the summer i often cant sleep at night fro the heat. as for the winter go to kolowna it only drops to -7(celcuious) in winter(average winter tempreture)

Kelowna, BC, you mean. Well South Okanagan and the Fraser Valley are good choices for year round mildness. Fraser Valley is like Seattle, and South Okanagan is called the Arizona of Canada, with temperatures just a little colder than Seattle year round. Kamploops nice and mild too.

But the Cariboo is a beautiful place, with much wilderness, and natural beauty in all directions.

Mantitoba and Quebec also have beautiful regions.
edit on 27-6-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The most beautiful spot on earth, and its all ours.

Penticton BC -- best Okanagan beaches

How do you see Canada? (Penticton again)

They keep telling people to head Southern Hemisphere, and they're entitled to do so.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join