It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

having a pretty difficult issue with my neighbors..need advice

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

yeah in retro spect going over there probably isnt wise let alone doing it by my self i think ill go talk to the police and the neighbors tomorrow and see if i can get it solved with out having to go to his land

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Originally posted by The Old American
Why not attempt be neighborly about it.

Why not?

Let's see what being nice and friendly has received in return so far.
  • Someone speeding on KilrathiLG's own private drive.
  • A threat of~> "You don't wanna make my boy mad!"
  • a couple laser sights on the chest.

So why not? Because he tried that. Nice and friendly isn't working. It is very likely that this guy is not going to just back off on his own. He chose to waiver away chances of being treated friendly and neighborly, the very first time he went onto KilrathiLG's property. If he had made an attempt at being friendly and neighborly, then I would agree with you.

• If you knew me, you'd know that making peace is usually not the first on my plate
    . But this situation could get ugly at any time, as it involves a belligerent (sub)human and firearms. There has already been an implied threat from the neighbor, so if the OP can show that he's being the bigger man by trying to make peace, at the very least he can show the police that he did everything in his power to defuse the issue before he...ahem...ended the problem.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:30 AM
    link   
    reply to post by defcon5

first off damn you because now i cant get pinky and the brains theme song out my my head....(kidding love your avatar oh glorious mod) and yeah im looking into an nra membership(is it true u get a discount on firearms purchasses?) and i have one of those nice big i gave the police money stickers on my car and my home so im good on that.i think his vendetta comes from the fact he thought he could have ppl yell at me or get me introuble and has failed repeatedly either that or he dosent like 25 year old home owners

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:32 AM
    link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
    reply to post by bandito

yeah if the wife thing or talking to him about this dosent work ill definatly be talking to the cops but politely as they have been cool to me,haha you read my mind i was planing on getting an ak but not to harass him with ,and the warning idea would be great i just wish i could think clearly when im in the moment with the cops im usualy just wanting them gone so quickly that my mind goes blank tell there gone i might just wanan write this town and bring them a letter sayign this is what i want to happen if they come out again because of false calls(or real calls if im shooting leg

Tell you what i'd do if i was him . As soon as you left my property from talking to me or my wife i'd call the law and say you came over and threatened us and we saw a gun in your vehicle . You're gonna get burned on this dude . You can't make peace with an idiot and if you think the cops are nice guys on your side you are dreaming . Their job is to record evidence and act upon it and if this guy lays something believable on you then you're going away in handcuffs . Nice guys finish last and you're setting yourself up to finish last . At any opportunity this dickhead is going to burn you and you're providing the ammunition if you don't confront this head on and trying to appease the dickhead my talking to and negotiating with him and/or his wife is leaving yourself wide open .

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:33 AM
    link   
    reply to post by KilrathiLG

Put up the no trespassing sign.

If your drive is gravel/dirt then you may get photos of the tread of his vehicle, or anyone's for that matter.

File and document the steps you take to keep this neighbor out of your business...and off your property.

Follow the advice those poor cops give you.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:35 AM
    link   
    What if you constructed a shooting wall to block the sound from heading
    in his direction? Maybe some masonry bricks stacked up and filled with dirt?
    Possibly shooting through a large concrete drain pipe would also act
    as a kind of silencer.
    I knew someone who used old rugs hung on either side of where
    he shot to act as a silencer for his suburban basement shooting range,
    for his 22.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:39 AM
    link   
    reply to post by loveguy

i did think about the tire tread part in the driveway but lol he drives the same make model and year jeep i do dont know about tires but it looked like mine exactly and yeah ive definaly decided im not going over there that is too much of a risk ill jsut talk to the law and hopefulyl they can handle it if i happen to run into him in public or the gas station ill try talking them but yeah now thinking more clearly his proeprty is a bad idea and i migth even put up a fence to keep my dog on my side of the property.....lol and keep "his deer" on my land

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:40 AM
    link   
    reply to post by bandito

im hesitant to be more confrontational because quite honestly i used to be well a lot less nice of a person and i been tryign to reform my self and try to make better less rash decisions but i do agree soemthing has to be done to keep him infringing on my rights

realized that didnt make sense basicly the old me would do nothing but plot how to undermine who ever had wronged me until i had spent up to 5-6 months childishly and idioticly harassing or pestering people for no purpose but a vain attempt to feel better about my self which thankfull i have grown out of and seen the error of the ways of that though process but it is good to know that if it comes down to it i can handle my self legaly if nessiary
    edit on 23-6-2011 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:41 AM
    link   
    reply to post by RRokkyy

that would be capitulation,

not something anyone wants to do.

doesn't matter, he has not broken any laws.

the neighbor has far worse transgressions.

head butt, by the law.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:42 AM
    link   
    reply to post by RRokkyy

would i want to build it on top of the hill to focus the sound away or put it where i shoot at? currently i just shoot in to the side of a good sized hill but i have though about digging an area out of the hillside and making it have a flat back and like flat sides kinda like a U but facing twords me if that makes sense?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:45 AM
    link   
    reply to post by KilrathiLG

I hope you understand what I am say though about giving him ideas as to what is going to cause you extra grief. If you go over there telling him that you want him to stop calling the cops before they shoot your dog, and he is as bad of a jerk as he sounds, how many guesses do you want as to what he is going to do with that information?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:46 AM
    link   
    im off to bed but ill try to respond to every one when i wake up and have more news on this after my voyage into town tomrrow

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:47 AM
    link   
    reply to post by defcon5

yeah that would be how my life had been working lately tell people what bugs me to get them to not do it leads to them doing to more to get a reaction out of me thank you for the sage advice i think i got a much clearer picture of what to do thanks guys!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:50 AM
    link   
    I also would call the sheriff's office before you shoot next time. I would also ask why they haven't pursued charges on your neighbor for filing a false police report, that is a crime. Deliberately lying to the police as they did when reporting you as a tresspasser after having had a conflict with you should have been an open & shut case. If it continues & the deputies do nothing I would call and make an appointment to talk to the sheriff. If that doesnt work call the county prosecutor's office about the situation.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:50 AM
    link   

Originally posted by bandito
    Tell you what i'd do if i was him . As soon as you left my property from talking to me or my wife i'd call the law and say you came over and threatened us and we saw a gun in your vehicle . You're gonna get burned on this dude . You can't make peace with an idiot and if you think the cops are nice guys on your side you are dreaming . Their job is to record evidence and act upon it and if this guy lays something believable on you then you're going away in handcuffs . Nice guys finish last and you're setting yourself up to finish last . At any opportunity this dickhead is going to burn you and you're providing the ammunition if you don't confront this head on and trying to appease the dickhead my talking to and negotiating with him and/or his wife is leaving yourself wide open .

I 100% agree with this.

You’re handing ammo to an unknown, potentially dangerous, individual to use against you. That was exactly the point I was trying to make above. This guy is going to do everything in his power to burn you and stab you in the back, so never turn to present your back to him. Your best recourse is to have everything officially documented through courts, police, and lawyers with this guy and use the law to protect you to its fullest potential. If you do otherwise your just turning your back for him to stick a blade into it.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:51 AM
    link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy
    What if you constructed a shooting wall to block the sound from heading
    in his direction? Maybe some masonry bricks stacked up and filled with dirt?
    Possibly shooting through a large concrete drain pipe would also act
    as a kind of silencer.
    I knew someone who used old rugs hung on either side of where
    he shot to act as a silencer for his suburban basement shooting range,
    for his 22.

There's no reason the OP should have to spend his money and resources to appease this guy.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:00 AM
    link   

Originally posted by The Old American
    There's no reason the OP should have to spend his money and resources to appease this guy.

/TOA

I also agree.
    Building fences around four acres, and masonry shooting walls over hills is BIG bucks to have to lay out to appease someone who is just gong to continue to blame him for every gun shot that is fired out there by anyone. He is in his rights to continue on as he is as long as he is within the bounds of the law without any additional undo expense to himself.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:01 AM
    link   
    I had issues with a neighbor like that once they even complained to the police because I didn't have several big yard lights to make it look like I lived in the city.Well their house was broken into and mine wasn't so naturally I did it as far as they were concerned. the police asked us a few questions and realized we probably didn't break in and one of the officers had been involved in the mess severla times when I told him that if I would have broke in it would have been to burn the place down they both laughed. Finally they moved back to their city and I bought a bunch of their brand new horse farm city dweller stuff for pennies on the dollar from their rummage sale.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:04 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Vanishr
    It sounds to me like your neighbour is just being a douche to be perfectly honest, is it really that hard to carry on with your life after you hear a gunshot ? Its not like your firing a machine gun fully automatic and reloading quickly and emptying rounds you kno

You're not getting this Vanishr . There is no noise ordinance . Machine guns are legal and so is fully automatic or rapid fire . Also , the OP is on private property and in violation of no law . If you're saying that you'd report the OP if he was shooting a machine gun or rapid fire with any gun then you wouldn't want to live close to me . It's legal and there are no deals . Most of us take that very seriously here . Our Second Amendment wasn't designed for deer hunters or sport shooters . It was designed so we could fight back against any tyrant whether federal , state or local . No deals and no appeasement . Winston Churchill said that an appeaser is a man who feeds alligators in the hope that they'd eat him last . If we appease or make deals there are plenty who would take our rights and trample on our Constitution so we stand our ground , never back up , and fight . You may have heard of one of Bushs' cabinet members , a black woman named Condoleeza Rice . Because of our Second Amendment her grandfather had the right to own and shoot a gun in Mississippi and he used a gun to defend his home , property and family when the KKK was lynching blacks in the south and burning their property . The police forces and Sheriffs Departments back then as well as state governments were mostly Klu Klux Klan . We have Rights , not privileges and further to that we have inalienable rights . A king didn't gives us privileges , we took and defined our rights . Our government can't take our guns because they work for us and when they don't , we fire them . If they ever become dictatorial , we'll fight them because we are entitled to and we have guns . 90 million gun owners that own just about 300 million guns and most of us like it that way . When seconds count , the police are 20 minutes away so we shoot back or shoot first and we have the right to do it . Even your police in England are not there to protect you . They are there to investigate who robbed , raped or killed you , after it's happened .

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:07 AM
    link   
    I would call the cops next time you are going to shoot and notify them of your intentions. I would even invite the cops out to observe your target practice. If/when your neighbor calls the cops to complain, then, at a minimum, the cops already know about your shooting session and, hopefully, the cops are there to witness it so that they can catch your neighbor in another lie.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join