It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

having a pretty difficult issue with my neighbors..need advice

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
Why not attempt be neighborly about it.

Why not?

Let's see what being nice and friendly has received in return so far.
  • Someone speeding on KilrathiLG's own private drive.
  • A threat of~> "You don't wanna make my boy mad!"
  • a couple laser sights on the chest.

So why not? Because he tried that. Nice and friendly isn't working. It is very likely that this guy is not going to just back off on his own. He chose to waiver away chances of being treated friendly and neighborly, the very first time he went onto KilrathiLG's property. If he had made an attempt at being friendly and neighborly, then I would agree with you.

• posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:57 AM
    link   
    reply to post by bandito

yeah if the wife thing or talking to him about this dosent work ill definatly be talking to the cops but politely as they have been cool to me,haha you read my mind i was planing on getting an ak but not to harass him with ,and the warning idea would be great i just wish i could think clearly when im in the moment with the cops im usualy just wanting them gone so quickly that my mind goes blank tell there gone i might just wanan write this town and bring them a letter sayign this is what i want to happen if they come out again because of false calls(or real calls if im shooting legaly)

edited to add i just also try to keep it low key in the hood as there not to fond of my kind in montana(califonians) and i dont wanan risk the other neighbors hateing me for just that reason(problay being parinoid but hey lol i dont wanan be a praiah again)
    edit on 23-6-2011 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:58 AM
    link   
    I would contact a lawyer and nip this in the butt before it gets out of hand. No one likes receiving a registered letter from a lawyers. That would send a clear message to your neighbor to not mess around with you. If you can get a copy of the police report to keep a paper trail, it will come in handy if you end up going to court over this.

I would continue to do whatever you want to do that doesn't break the law. If the neighbor can't stand hearing gunshots then he needs to move back to the city. People live out in the sticks just so they can shoot off guns and not be annoyed by uptight city slickers.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:59 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Observer99
    That said, I personally don't like guns (though I support people's right to own them) and I would be very annoyed if my neighbors were shooting them on a daily basis. Doesn't that violate some kind of noise law? If you actually want to hammer out some kind of peace, I would try to get a neighborhood meeting of this guy, yourself and all the gun owners nearby, and work out some kind of deal where maybe the guns could be used between a certain range of hours only. Like if my neighbors were all gun nuts, but they agreed to only shoot them between 5-7 PM or something, I think I could deal with that.

That's probably the worst advice possible . If you don't want to hear gunfire then don't live rural . The OP has to appease no one when he's totally legal and he doesn't have to submit to any agreed upon time to shoot . Your recipe is exactly how we lose our rights . I would meet with the neighbors , the shooters to let them know the harassment i'm suffering but i'd never meet with the enemy who has threatened , trespassed and filed false reports . In fact , buy an AK-47 and fire it all day and all night . The Canadian started the fight but we have the Constitution and the rights to end it and this is my country . If the eco-freak wants to see whitetails , buy some and take them back to Canada . Montana is a state of the USA , not a province of Canada .

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:00 AM
    link   
    reply to post by The Old American

thank you for the emotional support some times people dont get how much that can realy help hopefulyl by tomrrow i will have good news to report and ill problay try to take some photos of where i shoot so you cans can tell me if theres anythign i can do to make it either more safe or less irritating to the neighbors

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:02 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Echo007

yeah id be willing to be most americans are more afraid of lawyers then they are of most people with guns atleast american lawyers(sorry to any sharks...i mean lawyers ive offended
    if it dosent get resolved tomrrow ill look into that installing the cameras should be fun too just gotta make sure i get good coverage with otu creeping out the roomates

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:05 AM
    link   
    Nice story thanks for sharing it

the only advice i can give you .. call the cops on them for harrasment

damn canadians .. eh wait im canadian

S&F

edit on 6/23/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:06 AM
    link   
    reply to post by bandito

im blessed i have 3 kinds of deer couple of groups of turkys that wonder through and ocasionaly a bear(only once so far) so i know hes seeing no shortage of wildlife and i cant over state it enough ive had the deer look at me while shooting and there eyes seemed to be saying stupid human were over here you missed and they go about there buisness they dont even run from my pitbull(luckily for me he dosent chase deer as thats a shooting offense for a dog out here) yeah the ak idea got broguht up and i do plan on getting one but as for the night and day shooting i dont wanan offend the neighbors and unless it was 22 i couldnt afford it any ways but i do plan on standing my ground with the one guy and i know most of my neighbors that dont live adjacant to me and we have a neighborhood watch/if # goes crazy we all look out for eachother plan in the works so i think he will either have to learn to deal with it or move because im not

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:07 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Ben81

lol cant say mad at Canadians i love there bacon and beer too much and besides every time i meet a Canadian i dont like i just picture them in a big mounty hat riding a moose and it cant help but smile

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:11 AM
    link   

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:11 AM
    link   
    reply to post by KilrathiLG

If he has lied to the police deliberately when he told them nobody was meant to be living on your property why has he not been given a stern warning about wasting police time?

Invite some of your fellow countrymen over for a, no drinking, much shooting barbeque and let the Canadians know how much noise guns can potentially make while getting local support against this campaign of harassment being waged against you.

Seems like his 18 yr old son is a bit spoiled.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:14 AM
    link   
    www.mtssa.org... laws on shooting in montana

and a pretty funny news article on a blog or web forum www.defensivecarry.com... lol they accused the owner of the shooting range of tresspassing because the noises came on to there land.......least the court sided with sanity....

www.dailyinterlake.com... spoke to soon

edit on 23-6-2011 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:15 AM
    link   
    First? I would call out the "big bad son" and get that behind you.

That alone was a threat.

NO rifle butts to the head..but let him know his "daddy" was hiding behind his skirt tail and your sure his Dad was making a mistake.

Second? Find out where the Cops hang out either on or off duty..throw a 20 down with the bartender or food waitress and make sure you pick up the tab on the first round of drinks or french fries.With a thank-you.

Third? Buy a sign and put it on the edge of your property aimed at them saying "No Deer Allowed."

Fouth? Put up another sign that reads "Trespassors Will Be Shot On Sight."

I hate guns..and shooting. Bugs the heck out of me,especially if I heard it all the time and you scared away my deer..

Based on your description of the "hood," that's a normal occurance.

Your neighbor is not your friend. That's that......

Invite him over for Deer Sausage and see if you have common ground.

Grill the sausage..and hot heat peppers,onions,garlic,and olive oil to perfection..

You might as well enjoy a good meal..cause your never going to make him happy until you move.Or don't shoot.

Killem with kindness and give him the "deer in the headlights" look. ... Errrr "Deer in the Sourdough Bun" look.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:17 AM
    link   

hell dude, don't go ALONE!

go with someone else.

be safe.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:17 AM
    link   

I am not so sure I would do that.
    If you go onto their property they can trespass you, and by telling them about your dog you’re exposing your fears to them, which they may use against you in an attempt to drive you off. Don’t tip your hand to them, he sounds like he is on some unreasonable vendetta against you and you need to protect yourself not try and make friends with him.

I like the posters suggestion above to contact the NRA, that would also be a good step for you to take.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:18 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Vanishr

lol that little plant is what made me a praiah in my old neigborhood dispite being medical so i feel ya on that,and i realy am trying lol hes just making it hard but im determined to try to not be overly mad about it and yes yes yes i am enjoying having the moral highground and the law on my side thank you for your reply eventualy our problems will all go away!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:20 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Thepreye

haha yeah i might do that on the 4th of jully,as to his kid i only realy have to say this what adult in there right mind when going over to some ones house for fireing weapons first response is to how i took it threaten me with his young adult child......not wise logic if hed said im a big man and i dont like the loud noise that woulda been alittle diffrent but your kid....insane yes make the person you dont know with guns percive your child as a threat well done on the parenting angle there i dunno i think he just uses intimidation to try to get his way some people never learn

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:20 AM
    link   

Sounds like you have yourself a control freak for a neighbor. Put up a no trespassing sign at your drive entrance.

I say motion the court for a restraining order. The judge is going to see by the police reports this "neighbor" is not very neighborly. His threats, and trespassing are not going to help his case.

With a creep like that, you'll wind-up in court anyway. Nip it in the bud.
    And when you win the court order, shoot your guns often.

When you get your cameras up, make sure they record onto a DVR.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:21 AM
    link   
    reply to post by loveguy

in this day any age its gotta be streaming or not at all cant take and seize whats allready on the internet and that way even if this guy showed up again to try to hurt me or god forbid actualy succeed the tape will get me my justice just need to figure out how to do all that stuff.....

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:26 AM
    link   
    reply to post by niceguybob

eh in my expirence nothing make a normaly sane person go insane faster then going after there offspring let alone the sole male offspring of a male so i hope i dont end up having to tussle with some little kid,as to the befrending the cops lol the were more then happy to get the ammo i couldnt use in my gun cuz it wouldnt feed right and they have offered to go shooting with me wich i think is cool,i have a no tresspassing sign next to a big plywood cut out of a pitbull that says pitbull breeding facility announce your self,killing them with kidness is definaly my plan it confuses the hell outa most people,mmmm tha sounds like a tasty meal im gonan have to try that recipe if i can get tags for the season

edit i dont actualy breed them but robbers and theifs dont need to know that

edit on 23-6-2011 by KilrathiLG because: to post a point

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join