It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1976 Tribe on Papua New Guinea meets white man for the first time. BEST VIDEO IVE SEEN IN A LONG TIM

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo
This is an amazing video! I can't believe this was filmed the year I was born and I have never seen it. I'm sure this has been posted before, but please for those of us who have never seen it.. don't kick it to the curb. I wondered as I watched this if this is how American Indians reacted to "The White Man" when they first met? I know the history books are full of tall tales...and this made me believe "The White Man" did in FACT cause the hostilities between us and the American Indian. I am a white man, and I mean no racism in anything I post...it just made me wonder.
Your thoughts?
P.S. It is almost 15 minutes long...but well worth the view

www.liveleak.com...

Awesome video (if real).

I think I found the original documentary on youtube:
Part 1: www.youtube.com...
Part 2: www.youtube.com...
But they're both over 20min long, so almost an hour together. Haven't watched the entire thing yet, so don't know.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperface
Thses candy floss comments are very sweet,however this has been debunked already in France,even been on the news

footage faked by the tribesmen. The main guy being scared of his reflection in the mirror apparently later cried with shame over his pretend act (text Google translated from French):

Quote:
"The comments free of the explorer on the aggressiveness of Toulambis can only harm their reputation, as well as pantomimes to which they devoted themselves to the camera, which belong to a humanity that would hardly be aware of acts and objects from the Paleolithic universally known - like using the concave side of a spoon to take food. Brought to taste matches, to spit out the rice and frightened of his own image in a mirror, the main actor in this sketch devoted to the authentic told me crying shame. The Toulambis could only follow the letter directing the parties Papuan guides to meet them dictated to them by their own vision of the Stone Age. Have hidden their metal tools and removed their belts of beads and plastic pieces of European clothes they wore, they are bent to orders on behalf of the nurses who had earlier spread the news of their "discovery". Who lives in four days walk from the nearest clinics in a region of endemic malaria, a little quinine is well worth a good joke

terrain.revues.org...

Aww, I thought it was real, at first I thought it was fake, then real, now I think its going to be proven false. Just when I thought this was an awesome find.

So I wonder if there is any authentic footage of a tribe meeting the modern white man.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamaperson

Originally posted by DisturbedToo
This is an amazing video! I can't believe this was filmed the year I was born and I have never seen it. I'm sure this has been posted before, but please for those of us who have never seen it.. don't kick it to the curb. I wondered as I watched this if this is how American Indians reacted to "The White Man" when they first met? I know the history books are full of tall tales...and this made me believe "The White Man" did in FACT cause the hostilities between us and the American Indian. I am a white man, and I mean no racism in anything I post...it just made me wonder.
Your thoughts?
P.S. It is almost 15 minutes long...but well worth the view

www.liveleak.com...

Awesome video (if real).

I think I found the original documentary on youtube:
Part 1: www.youtube.com...
Part 2: www.youtube.com...
But they're both over 20min long, so almost an hour together. Haven't watched the entire thing yet, so don't know.

Thanks for the links! In the first video the encounter begins at about the 12 minute mark. I'll have to watch the whole thing, too bad its not in English!
I have seen that another poster claims this is fake, I hope that is not the case.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

I think thats the original, I saw clips in English, so there must be an English version out there somewhere, I would love to see that one, I don't understand Portugese (or whatever language this is.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
great video..

interesting, how sure we western people seem when it comes to encounters..how do we know these people do like shaking hands..maybe they dont do that normallly..or the mirror, it seems that they think its some kind of magical device..

edit on 24-6-2011 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
If real, that was very cool to watch that. It is interesting watching first time reactions to something completely alien that has never been seen.

Here is something i'd remembered hearing of years ago regarding Natives meeting white man at first so i'll post this bit here:
exerpt: Cortes found the natives in large numbers arrayed against him. A fierce battle was fought. But the firearms of the Spaniards frightened the barbarians, and when the cavalry arrived the Indians fled in terror.

The Indians, who had never seen horses before, thought the man riding the horse was a part of the animal, and that these strange creatures were sent by the gods. Fear made the Indians helpless, and it was easy for Cortes to gain a victory over them.

I'm sure they provoked the Natives before hand to fight and then scared them off. The world would be a much better place without bullies running it.
www.web-books.com...

www.web-books.com...
edit on 24-6-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Wow, I wasn't expected the tear ducts to release......Even if it is fake. Is it?
edit on 24-6-2011 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Probably real this one from today...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
www.museumofhoaxes.com...

FAKE

I don't think this is the same group, nothing matches.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
really heart touching. the babies and children though, were all malnourished. they had distended bellies from it. i imagine the men ate first, since they are the hunters and food gatherers, then the women, then the infants and children. just air lift them a whole bunch chinese take out rice, once every few months, or something, as food staples. course, seems we need to air lift food to our countries now as well.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I am just so sick of all the hoaxes. It's becoming increasingly harder to believe ANYTHING anymore. I watched the video (thinking it was real) and it really touched me, because it was like looking at where we all came from........only to find out it's fake
I am not accusing the OP as hoaxing, because I'm sure he/she thought it was real too.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Can you show me for a fact it was faked? The above poster who posted a link had nothing to do with this video. I will be crushed too if it is indeed fake!
SHOW ME THE MONEY! Someone PLEASE show me definitive proof that this was faked! I don't want to believe it....but I must know for sure!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
What's crazy is the way they all hit their heads as soon as they tasted the rice/sugar. I read about how when you open another state of consciousness that your pineal land pops in the center of your head like a cork out a bottle. Does anyone think that was odd? I mean everyone was hitting their heads, womne, men, children. You could say it was them doing what we call slappin yo mama cause its so good, but it was automatic and apparant that it was happening all around their head. This video can teach a man more than he could learn in his life time. There is so much going on.
They didnt even know if he was real, they thought he was painted and tried to wipe it off of him. Is this what humanity was like before ancient astronauts came? I think so.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

FAKE

Wrong tribe, Wrong place, Wrong Year.

Originally posted by StealthyKat
I am just so sick of all the hoaxes. It's becoming increasingly harder to believe ANYTHING anymore. I watched the video (thinking it was real) and it really touched me, because it was like looking at where we all came from........only to find out it's fake
I am not accusing the OP as hoaxing, because I'm sure he/she thought it was real too.

It's not fake.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ingeborgsjon

FAKE

Wrong tribe, Wrong place, Wrong Year.

Originally posted by StealthyKat

It's not fake.

Thank you for backing me up on his/her "FAKE" proclamation! I don't think its fake....but if it is I want proof . Then I will be really REALLY disappointed!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It actually does look a bit staged. I'm guessing that they were led to a remote village. They hadn't seen white people and it's hard to say what they know, but the encounter wasn't as strange to them as the film-makers made out. I think they would have heard about the 'outsiders'.

I base my assumptions on a documentary that I can't find. It's just impossible to 'encounter' some remote tribal groups without interacting with the less remote tribes - they talk. They may have only had 10 years forewarning but there was a bit of acting involved.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

What a coincidence!.....I saw this thread, then on visiting another of my favourite websites, I came across news of an uncontacted tribe spotted in the Amazon.

I mentioned it to my son, who told me he had seen photos of a tribe shooting arrows at a plane going overhead.
On scrolling down the page I was reading, there was the link to the photo he had seen.

slatest.slate.com...

Going from there, I discovered this website :-

www.uncontactedtribes.org...

There you can watch a film, narrated by actress Julie Christie.
If you click the link 'act now' you can sign the petition asking Peru's president to protect the uncontacted tribes.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
The technological gap between the tribe and the filmmakers is probably wider than the one between us and any possible extraterrestrial intelligence.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Thanks for the video and post S&F for you…

Imagine how we do it when we encounter a real E.Ts, its all about the human emotions and reactions to something unfamiliar and strange to their native environments.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join