It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1976 Tribe on Papua New Guinea meets white man for the first time. BEST VIDEO IVE SEEN IN A LONG TIM

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by paperface

Just found out this footage may have been faked by the tribesmen.

Good find. It all did look a little bit too scripted and almost over-acted and so I had this thought in the back of my mind all along. I don't know how much, if any of it, is a good representation of how things may actually have been between the first whites to interact with the natives there, but this seems a little too concocted to me.

If it serves to remind people here that the world has not necessarily been "progressing" along the right lines; then so be it. It might be doing some good.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by diegodaly

When I first saw them hitting their heads I thought maybe they were making a gesture of 'wow!' Kinda like when we throw our hands up or clinch fists when something is really really hot or we are really suprised by something.

Apparently they do it again in the video in a couple other places, so maybe it is more of a general 'wow' gesture or a gesture of pleasing suprise or suprise in general - though I couldn't imagine sneaking up on someone in the forest, jumping out of the bushes to suprise them and they start beating themselves in the head, so probably more of a pleasing gesture.

I suppose it is better to show suprise by hitting themselves than it would be to hit others... you give them a brand new tool and they punch their brother in the head a few times as a show of approving happiness... now that would be interesting! haha

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This is amazing footage! Their responses to the skin, the mirror, the recorder are so interesting. This is symbolic of humanity's transition from a tribal species to a modern civilization. The footage should be an important museum artifact for as long we exist.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
lol at everyone still praising this film,NEWS FLASH....Its fake!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. I imagine the camera-man we don't see was probably good and nervous when the first native kept jumping back and pulling his weapon after each time he touched him.

What a great find OP, you have made my day. S&F for you.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Thses candy floss comments are very sweet,however this has been debunked already in France,even been on the news

footage faked by the tribesmen. The main guy being scared of his reflection in the mirror apparently later cried with shame over his pretend act (text Google translated from French):

Quote:
"The comments free of the explorer on the aggressiveness of Toulambis can only harm their reputation, as well as pantomimes to which they devoted themselves to the camera, which belong to a humanity that would hardly be aware of acts and objects from the Paleolithic universally known - like using the concave side of a spoon to take food. Brought to taste matches, to spit out the rice and frightened of his own image in a mirror, the main actor in this sketch devoted to the authentic told me crying shame. The Toulambis could only follow the letter directing the parties Papuan guides to meet them dictated to them by their own vision of the Stone Age. Have hidden their metal tools and removed their belts of beads and plastic pieces of European clothes they wore, they are bent to orders on behalf of the nurses who had earlier spread the news of their "discovery". Who lives in four days walk from the nearest clinics in a region of endemic malaria, a little quinine is well worth a good joke

terrain.revues.org...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
if i were the leader of that tribe i would have speared that idiot. the tribe is going by their day of grueling survival in one of the worlds harshest environments, and this moron thinks he's at a day at the zoo, blocking the bridge.

the tribe people aren't stupid, they have seen a human being before. i think they were astonished that he survived one hour on his own.

i also like that fact that he acts like he is a god. like he's something special to be admired. people like that shouldn't be allowed passports.

i was hoping the video ends with the tribes people chasing that idiot back to his idiotic camp, so it was disappointing.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

Excellent video and thank you for posting. It is both heart warming and sad. I say sad in respect to all the ramifications of introducing any technology to these beautiful people. Just like in the Gods must be crazy movie where a simple coke bottle caused infighting and disruption in the community. I am also a Dr. of dentistry and there is great ramifications in introducing bleached rice, bleached flour and anything sweet into their diet. If one could now go back and look at this group of people you will probably see degeneration culturally and physically. I say this because the best study ever done was by a Dentist name Dr. Weston Price. He wrote the book Diet and Physical degeneration. He and his wife traveled all over the world in the 1920s and looked at societies that were isolated and were looking at how many decays per 100 teeth examined there were. Diet was also taken into account. What they found was astounding. In a small hamlet way up in the mountains of Switzerland, where the Catholic church gets the Swiss guards for the Vatican, there was only 1 to 2 decays per 100 teeth examined. The diet was meat 1 to 2 times per week, dairy, vegetables in season, and rye bread. Also they ate a very rich butter from cattle that ate grass in the spring and summer that was watered by glacial melt. Dr. Price also noted that all teeth were strait and the sinus development was perfect. Now just 80 miles away where people ate bleached flour, jams and jellies, and sugar there was 50 to 60 decays per 100 teeth and teeth were crooked and the sinus developments were altered. He found the same situations all over the world. In Ireland where there are isolated islands. He found brothers where one stayed on the island and maintained traditional diet and the brother a merchant sailor. The sailor brother looked like a crack head compared to his brother. I could go on and on but will not bore you all. I just wanted to say its both a good thing and bad. Oh in the study he found dogs affected the same way!!! LOL Damn processed foods killing us.
Later all

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Amazing video - thanks for sharing, S&F!

At a loss for words, to see the looks on their faces was awe inspiring in itself! I would love to experience something like that, sadly I don't think I'll ever be able to do that in this lifetime.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ommadawn

Nah, I think they were doing fine with their bone and rock blades. The probably cut their hair with bone blades.

When white dude took that knife to the stick, they basically showed him that their tool did it just as well, if not better - it was taking chunks out while the knife was just cutting.
edit on 23-6-2011 by hadriana because: change stock to stick

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Thanks for that post.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Couple questions though. I wonder where are those persons today? Are they better off today than in 1976? Does anybody know?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
That is an incredible video. I've always known that Native Americans weren't the first to attack. It's not human nature to just go about attacking the unknown...that's just what Western culture portrays the unknown as so that we feel comfortable raping the land and treating our neighbors like their 'terrorists'. It's just wrong.

The good book says to love one another...I'm beginning to see whites as the aggressor world wide. Just look at the globe...white's populate all nations actively at war. What does that say?

I'm a white man, and I'm becoming embarrassed for my subspecies as we constantly force our ways on others. Why? Whats the point?

This video is a perfect example...if that tribe happened to be sitting on an oil field...they'd all be dead...or 'Westernized' with 'jobs' working on the rig.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Well this is probably how we are going to look one day the ETs contact us. We will be touching them, looking inside and out the flying saucers and so on and so on...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Lost tribe of 200 found in Amazon spotted by satellite

Government officials in Brazil have confirmed the existence of an uncontacted population in the Amazon rainforest after the tribe of 200 was spotted by satellite.

Three large clearings were identified in a southwestern area near the Peruvian border this week, but the tribe's existence was only verified after airplane expeditions in April gathered more data.

Local government agency the National Indian Foundation uses the aircraft to avoid disrupting isolated groups.

source

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Was it really fake? I see people claiming its fake. I have to say, I thought it was pretty amazing! I wanted to see more. That voice recorder really impressed them lol.
edit on 24-6-2011 by jwag100 because: because it's 4:00 Am and my mind is blown.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I remember when this tribe was found ... I don't know if it's fake or not, but I do remember the discovery of a new people on the news.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Wow. Look at their eyes and you can see, they are no less intelligent then we are. They only have less information.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

What else are you supposed to do?

It's an instinctive gesture of peace...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperface
lol at everyone still praising this film,NEWS FLASH....Its fake!

Please prove it, because from my quick google searches just now have brought up a documentary, but I don't know if its real or fake. So if you've got proof I want to see it so I don't believe it (as in I don't believe the video).

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join