It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1976 Tribe on Papua New Guinea meets white man for the first time. BEST VIDEO IVE SEEN IN A LONG TIM

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Bravo....you summed it all up, quite nicely!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

Amazing for sure.
The richest people on the planet.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The video was amazing , the reactions of the tribal members trying to wipe off his white at the beginning of the video was awesome. It makes you wonder if they are the last of these tribes to behold outsiders or if there are more to be found .

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
It's a great beginning and I'll watch the rest but my first question is why does the guy assume that the tribe understands a hand shake?

It's a European custom that spread to N. America and he's holding out his hand to a tribe that has never even heard of Europe. Funny.

SnF

It is also a custom that engages the weapon hand, making attack by either party less likely. Symbolically, the handshake has great meaning.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Great! lets just hope its not the start of the end of their culture

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I love the way the tribe acted, towards the WHITE People!! This was a amazing video!! thanks for posting!!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I hate it: around 08:09 in the OP clip.
Dutilleux seems to say: I've shown you my magic matches, (which incidentally the tribal guy holds for him as if he had handled them all his life), but now I will randomly show you my big knife, and then we must have a cockfight over who chops wood better. Which will chop better boys, my metal blade, or your stone axes?
Duh, the outcome was predictable.

It's weird when he pulls the knife.
It comes across like some jerk saying: "Oh you stone age people think you have knife; that's not a knife, but this is a knife".

So there is this guided amazement at his merchandise, and masculine competitiveness imposed by Dutilleux.

Actually these people are simply very hungry, and I don't think they really give a stuff.

It's just sad, and a horrible clip.
edit on 27-6-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
First thing: they should have set up a giant screen and showed them the Transformers movie....in 3d with multichannel speakers in the trees. Or maybe Avatar?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Jokes out of the way, I love this video, and the gentle tribes people. We would react exactly the same if the aliens landed.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
That was very intersting and educational to watch. It is interesting to watch the innocence of the tribesman when they are looking at all the stuff he had with him, the child like awe. I still think the best part was the mirror. That was to priceless.

Grim

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Tribes people will have aching rotten stomachs the next day from eating all that RICE.

They'll think they were poisoned.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I thought this video was amazing. Definitely conjured up some emotions. I thought the end was the best, when the tribes man heard back his recording. He stood up in disbelief. Unfortunately, you don't get to see what happened to the tribe =/ not so bad though, it allows your mind to fill in the blanks.

Great post

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
That was an excellent little find on liveleak.I almost could feel the emotion that the tribesmen eyes revealed.I felt allot of admiration for the first two tribesmen who were most likely the bravest and head of the tribe.The way they kept the others at a safe distance and stayed prepared to do anything to protect them while keeping their own fears at bay.All around cool video.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

Actually if you keep on reading into the comment section, he does give plenty of sources...but they are all in French, so I can't exactly say for a fact that they are legit...in fact he brings up at least one possible problem with the 'hoax' Idea, and seems to waver a bit himself on whether or not it may have been real....I comment a bit more on this in another reply, and I do admit that I was a bit hasty calling it 'proof positive'.

Still though....I'm not buying it....My first impression (which generally is right, but I don't listen to often enough) felt it was fishy) I dismissed it at first, and started believing it....but after some more thought I think I'm more skeptical than ever (again...find the other replies I wrote if you'd like...I go into a bit more detail there, about why I'm not buying it)

Yeah, at first I thought it must be fake, but then I started believing it until someone on this thread said it was fake. I only read about 2 comments, didn't think the author would comment on there. I'll read your other replies and see how it is.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
There's a lot of evidence pointing to this being fake.

Souce

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by NoArmsJames

What a kill.. too bad.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo
This is an amazing video! I can't believe this was filmed the year I was born and I have never seen it. I'm sure this has been posted before, but please for those of us who have never seen it.. don't kick it to the curb. I wondered as I watched this if this is how American Indians reacted to "The White Man" when they first met? I know the history books are full of tall tales...and this made me believe "The White Man" did in FACT cause the hostilities between us and the American Indian. I am a white man, and I mean no racism in anything I post...it just made me wonder.
Your thoughts?
P.S. It is almost 15 minutes long...but well worth the view

www.liveleak.com...

This video made me think of a few other things too. When Lewis and Clark went west, Clark had a slave, York, who was by accounts, tall and strong. The Indians held him in awe and respect due to his strength and his dark color which amazed them; Indian women especially were impressed. The white men did not impress them, as the Native Americans had seen whites before. It was York who was held in high esteem, which helped Lewis and Clark's expedition greatly. See:

www.pbs.org...

Second, the tribal men did not seem to act as if they were seeing "gods", more like "Are these demons?"

Third, we should look upon these tribal people who survive off the land, as our mentors. If things in our 'modern culture' continue as they are going, we may all wind up trying to survive like these Papuans do. It will be harder for us because of our inability to see how equipped this group was for survival; how well suited to the forest they were; and
how they were able to find some food in the wilderness. I see all of us having a future exactly like that - I wish we had the skills they did!

Fourth, someone in a post in this thread who had been to New Guinea and said they knew of the practices of the people stated that if they could not get a woman pregnant in 100 days, they practiced 'homosexuality'. That seems to be an effective method of birth control and a safety valve to protect younger women. This is an ancient practice among all sorts of warrior tribes across the world, bonding warriors who often were together more than a married couple.

Fifth, the man who took the mirror placed a leaf over it: this is reminiscent of covering mirrors in a home when someone dies (a practice not uncommon among many Caucasians). This man had some kind of knowledge, perhaps as a sorcerer...surely they had seen reflections in water before. The mirror has many uses besides looking at yourself; it can also be used to start fires, to communicate across distances, etc.

All in all, I think this video gives us a glimpse of the future and we should be wary of thinking the white man in the film was the 'advanced' or 'cultured' one: what I foresee is that we will be in the steps of the Papua New Guineans...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
What a fake ..let the un-flagging begin

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
They're probably all slaves now.
Second line.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
What a beautiful video. They truly were aliens to them. I hope that if an alien race ever decides to visit us that we react the same way.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
wow that was really cool glad i watched it.If we ever meet aliens it would be a lot like that i hope just think if they would go to a big city

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join