It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all you "LEO's" out there

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jools
Tee Hee I'm a LEO...it's my birthday soon

Soooooo, is that a warning?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Cops are told not to let anyone hang around a scene of an arrest because you never know what is going to happen. Maybe the lady is just standing there with a camera recording but i have no way of knowing whether or not she is going to attack me while my back is turned while i am making an arrest (happens more than you would think) or if she is just an onlooker. As a rule don't be up a cops ass as he is making an arrest

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by behindXtheXveil
Maybe

Yesh, lets use hypotheticals to justify violating people's rights.

It is legal to be on you property.

It is, hopefully, legal in her state to record the police.

An officer can request you move, but an officer could also request to drop your pants, refusal would still be disobeying a request or a order, doesn't mean it's illegal.
edit on 23-6-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
You said it best.
Indoctrination!
its what they do to soldiers to make them kill with out a thought.
but cops are not solders.
you confront a Cop and you committing suicide by Cop.
befor you could watch the news and
see cops arrest a man with a gun
by shooting the gun out of his hand.
and it felt good to see that.
you felt good about the cops. not now.
you have a knife, you get shot.
what is it? is the paper work easer if you kill them?
and tazers are Not a way to say hello.
they are meant to Stop you shooting them.
not to use ever chance you get.
why dont the good cops gather
evidence and turn the bad cops in?
because there are NO good cops.

Originally posted by TheRealTruth84
All I know is a good buddy of mine dropped out of Police/Swat training when he realized he was no longer himself. He was always a free spirit, with a huge heart which led him into law enforcement thinking that he could help save lives and make a difference. His attitude began to quickly change, as he went through training, it got to the point that his own mother said it was a chore to have him over for dinner, he was constantly carrying this new found negative energy towards others. He didn't just hear it from her, he got it from friends, he got it from his ex-girlfriend, and thankfully he heard the message. It wasn't instantaneous but he began to reflect on who he was and who he had become, and realized that he wasn't happy with what he saw. He dropped out, and now he details cars while he is making new life decisions...He has never once regretted leaving the force, and feels that he will eventually find how to fulfill his calling to help others in a positive, not negative way.

Sorry to be long winded, but I believe it is pertinent to this thread.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by behindXtheXveil

we as citizens have every right to monitor the police, and document their actions, I've heard in some states it's already illegal to film cops, but you know if I was ever arrested for standing in MY yard filming cops I'd be damn if I didn't let the pig know how I feel...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Maybe

Yesh, lets use hypotheticals to justify violating people's rights.

It is legal to be on you property.

It is, hopefully, legal in her state to record the police.

An officer can request you move, but an officer could also request to drop your pants, refusal would still be disobeying a request or a order, doesn't mean it's illegal.
edit on 23-6-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

i didn't say it was illegal but it makes us uneasy. The time i do nothing about it is the time i get a knife in the back or shot simply because the person was anti-police and or the person im arresting is a relative or friend etc its just safer for you to stay away and its safer for me that you stay away

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam
Why do you fear the camera? Why do you stop doing your "job" to confront people video taping you doing your job if you are doing nothing wrong? What are you trying to hide?

...because LEOs want to hide their identity so they are not recognized on the street.

Face it, people hate LEOs for many reasons. Some people just hate them because they got punished by them before, and or they just hate them because they have authority. Some cops just have a bad attitude because they deal with people with worse attitudes all day, and they are hated for that. Some also abuse powers too...

Many gang members and or other violent people will use cameras to "remember" the officer that punished them. Or they will use the camera to tell other gang members and or friends and family to look out for and or target said police officer caught on camera. It's like a "most wanted" poster for police.

"ey bro, that's the cop that busted my homie! His face matches the video! Blast him!"

Does that answer your question OP?
edit on 23-6-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Reply to post by Exuberant1

I did just that.

I was not afraid if cameras. They were a major asset. I always had mine on, and I was recorded by bystanders.

Keeps everything legit on both sides.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

i didn't say it was illegal but it makes us uneasy. The time i do nothing about it is the time i get a knife in the back or shot simply because the person was anti-police and or the person im arresting is a relative or friend etc its just safer for you to stay away and its safer for me that you stay away

The fact that you are feeling something does not warrant an aggressive action to someone not being aggressive. But since feelings are important to you, how do you think we feel, knowing more and more cops are veterans or combat overseas, conditioned to treat everyone as the enemy? When you can't even address us in a respectful manner when doing something as mundane as taking an order for food? How do you think we feel when we watch as 6 patrol cars come rushing to a convenience store to arrest a homeless man committing the crime of asking for food?

No matter how much you try and show no aggression and be respectful to a LEO they treat you as something less then human. Its only getting worse as more and more war veterans are coming back conditioned to kill on sight, psychologically damaged and then give a gun and released on the streets to decide for themselves what is a crime and forcing you to prove its not after going to jail.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
...because LEOs want to hide their identity so they are not recognized on the street.

I don't see how the common patrol officer is capable of hiding his identity

I am not talking about following then around until they go home to find where they live, I have no doubt that the gangs know who all the patrol officers are just as the LEO knows who they are.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

its safer for me that you stay away

Obviously it is safer for citizens to avoid being in the general vicinity of American police these days.

*FYI: If you live in the USA, your neighbourhood policeman is far more likely to kill you than a terrorist.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam

The fact that you are feeling something does not warrant an aggressive action to someone not being aggressive. But since feelings are important to you, how do you think we feel, knowing more and more cops are veterans or combat overseas, conditioned to treat everyone as the enemy? When you can't even address us in a respectful manner when doing something as mundane as taking an order for food? How do you think we feel when we watch as 6 patrol cars come rushing to a convenience store to arrest a homeless man committing the crime of asking for food?

No matter how much you try and show no aggression and be respectful to a LEO they treat you as something less then human. Its only getting worse as more and more war veterans are coming back conditioned to kill on sight, psychologically damaged and then give a gun and released on the streets to decide for themselves what is a crime and forcing you to prove its not after going to jail.

so some cops do wrong and abuse the system so to you that means all do, or at the very least you seem to think most do?

Well i deal with a hell of a lot of drug addicts,thieves and murderers, so by your thinking i should assume all of you not police are drug addicts,thieves and murderers. It doesn't work like that

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

so some cops do wrong and abuse the system so to you that means all do, or at the very least you seem to think most do?

He probably means that the good cops who don't arrest the criminals in their midst are also bad cops.

Obviously you will deny this or excuse it somehow. Just don't pretend that you don't know who the crooks are in your department.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

I guess then you are not familiar with "Officer Bubbles"? YouTube search for that.

...because of a video that was taken during an altercation and placed on YouTube, Adam Josephs, also known as "Officer Bubbles", had his life threatened, his families lives threatened, and his character defamed for life.

It doesn't matter what exactly Adam Josephs did to deserve such harassment, the fact is, people will use videos and or pictures to destroy peoples lives for any little reason. For the safety of officers, and their families, it's best for them to disallow themselves to be filmed or captured on camera.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Well i deal with a hell of a lot of drug addicts,thieves and murderers, so by your thinking i should assume all of you not police are drug addicts,thieves and murderers. It doesn't work like that

Its not about the abuse, its bout the lack of respect of an individuals rights of life liberty and property. As far as Drug addicts,these people are sick and need medical and mental treatment, not put in prison to be attacked, raped and killed. The war on drugs is a whole other issue for a whole different thread.
thieves violate a persons property and as such should be subject to some type of prosecution, the same for murders. I may disagree with the method, but I have no sympathy for these people.
I look at everything from the three most important rights we as humans have, the natural rights. To deign that the majority of LEO's do in fact violate the common man's right to life liberty and property in a "effort" to enforce arbitrary laws, is doing nothing but burying your head in the sand

edit on 23-6-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
reply to post by NuroSlam

I guess then you are not familiar with "Officer Bubbles"? YouTube search for that.

...because of a video that was taken during an altercation and placed on YouTube, Adam Josephs, also known as "Officer Bubbles", had his life threatened, his families lives threatened, and his character defamed for life.

It doesn't matter what exactly Adam Josephs did to deserve such harassment, the fact is, people will use videos and or pictures to destroy peoples lives for any little reason. For the safety of officers, and their families, it's best for them to disallow themselves to be filmed or captured on camera.

I have never heard of this, and I am looking at the information provided, But i would like to ask, would he treat his 6 year old daughter the same way for blowing bubbles at him? My daughter does that and I would never treat her as if blowing bubbles was the same as oh, i dunno, kicking me in the nads.

Do i agree with him being harassed, yes he was a jerk. his family threatened? absolutely not, his character defamed? yes because his actions were childish and unbecoming of a peace officer.

So by your reasoning, for the safety of my family, i should never be filmed by the government.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Original Thread Here

Closing Duplicate

Thank you

Semper

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join