It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all you "LEO's" out there

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ray1850
The way I see it, police are hated until they are needed. People need to understand that there both good and bad cops out there, just the same as any other line of work. It's unfortunate the media only focuses on the bad ones.

They are always needed and appreciated for doing their job correctly......

It's when they go beyond that in a negative way that leads to critisism.....

How many complain about the nice neighbor who always says hi or they friend who is their for you, or the old lady next door who treats you with respect even though you may have a party every now and then ?

NOBODY because these are normal REASONABLE people....

Cops are trained to fear us......Fear never leads to anything good.

If that cop had no fear, he would not be worried about the camera....

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam

Originally posted by Chance321
I have only one question. How would you feel if someone came to your job and just started video tapeing you and everything you did? Bet you'd get annoyed after awhile.

Coming onto private property and interfering with a business is one thing, this is being doing on public streets in the name of the common good by "civil servants". Two different issues. In fact he broke the law of trespassing on private property.

she wasn't that smart though....She could have filmed it from like 10 feet further back inside her house via a window and then they can't tell her she can't tape in her own house...

she could say she is filming her house for insurance reasons or for a film project and they can't do shey about it

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sempul
well yay i must be a good cop then lol. i have LA09 on my iphone that is all of the laws in LA. i cant really comment much on your case as you are canadian and i dont know the laws of other states much less countrys.

Yes I am aware of the pathetic "only US" education system in America.

i can tell you here that calling someone names is in fact not against the law.

Wow.

Just as with any type of workplace harassment in California, harassment based on a person' s sexual orientation is unlawful under the FEHA. Heterosexual, homosexual and/or bisexual employees may be the victim of sexual orientation discrimination.

Sexual orientation harassment often includes targeting a person for offensive or hostile treatment because of sexual preference, including physical conduct, such as touching, assault, and/or impeding or blocking movements and verbal conduct such as making or using derogatory comments, epithets, slurs and jokes, verbal sexual advances or propositions, verbal abuse of a sexual nature, graphic verbal commentaries about an individual’s body, sexually degrading words used to describe an individual, suggestive or obscene letters, notes or invitations.

Source
edit on 22-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
If you were a cop...

Whether in the right, or wrong, would you want your actions, and your face on video, all over the internet?

What if you are arresting a gang member, who's friends and fellow members may be looking to go after the officers involved... and may be able to identify them from these videos?

I'm not defending this, but if you were in that position, would you want to be on video?

A lot of cops are genuine good people, in a very risky profession, just trying to make an honest living and live long enough to retire.

Personally my opinion, if the cops are doing the right things, then let the cameras roll, the video should support them.

But we shouldn't fail to explore all sides here.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Wow. The cops were calm I give them that but they were wrong to arrest her, she clearly showed no aggression and was on her property.

On the other hand, when a cop gives you a warning, right or wrong, you have a choice to make either go inside and brush it off, or go to jail for no reason other than getting arrested so a officer can prove a point.

If I was her I would have went inside and just went on about my night, after I uploaded the video first of course.

I mean when a cop tells you you are going to be arrested and you keep talking, after about the third warning your going to jail rather its right or wrong.

But it's wrong, police are treading on dangerous ground, one day if this keeps up, you will see more violence towards cops even good ones. There has to be acountability for these type of officers, they CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO DO WHATEVER THEY WANT! PERIOD!

I see a revolt coming one day, you mark my words, it won't be from me cause I know how to handle cops without going to jail, but citizens are growing tired of how cops that get their '' authority '' from a simple test and a GED and then get handed guns and a shinny little peice of metal that basically is a ticket to kill for no reason.

There should be extreme screening of cops and who applies, there are too many '' heros '' out there that thinks they can do what they want cause of a badge.

This is just another example like many that has happened just in the past couple days that shows people are growing tired.

But damn, she should have just thrown the pride aside and went back in, open a window and film darlin.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
It seems like cops don't mind being filmed when they know beforehand that the cameras will be rolling, take the TV show 'Cops' as an example.

They don't want to be filmed if they're not aware of it.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Some do like to be dinks. That is a personality trait that comes with the ability to deal with aggressive people.

The reason some cops snap? Same as some people. Yeah there are bad apples, but LOOK what society has to offer;

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Not just the top story...look at all the stories in that line up.

Hit and runs,
Mom microwaves baby to death,
man updates facebook while in a standoff with police
Gunmen kill ...
insider trading
etc and so forth.

We are all truly doomed. haha.

edit on 22-6-2011 by Demoncreeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The minute he stopped his original stop with the other guy, was the minute she INTERFERED with the stop. She got what she deserved. That late at night, I can the see the cop having an issue, "for his and his other officers safety". He did the right thing. She WAS behind them, while they were trying to do their job. Doesn't matter if she was threatening or not threating, whether or not she had a gun, she put those officers in a vulnerable position, which could of clearly and may have gotten those officers killed. She was clearly argumentative and I bet, if she just went inside, did what the officer asked, taking pictures from her window, like she should of, rather than causing a scene and being argumentative to the officer, she wouldn't of been in jail. Officer had every right to diffuse the situation to make it safe for him and his other officers.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Tee Hee I'm a LEO...it's my birthday soon

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Arresting a women in her nightgown holding a camera clearly he's guilty of something.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
First off I dont know what your campaign is here against peace officers... when someone is being arrested its a private matter, and confidentail, after they have a public hearing and court, its become a public matter.. she is breaking the law, and NO its not her right to breach the idetity of who ever is being arrested.. she is in fact, interfearing with justice.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by darrylss
First off I dont know what your campaign is here against peace officers...

Peace officers?

It's amazing how much empty, oxymoronic rhetoric flies around the tax-employed America:

Iraqi "Freedom"

Obama "Care"

"Peace" officers

When did fascism become so damn cute?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Funny....I seem to remember another group in the past pawning off atrocities on "just following orders." That was the Nazis my friend

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I have only one question. How would you feel if someone came to your job and just started video tapeing you and everything you did? Bet you'd get annoyed after awhile.

It depends on if they're paying my salary.

/TOA
edit on 22-6-2011 by The Old American because: Glaring grammatical error that blotted out the moon and stars.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

It depends on if I'm paying their salary.

/TOA

Also, pretty sure every fast food franchise has video surveillance. People who make minimum wage can handle it (and it seems to be the least of their complaints), so can law enforcement.... unless of course they have something to hide.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam
In fact he broke the law of trespassing on private property.

The usual 'police bashing' thread I see. The police did not trespass onto the yard. The woman never did say he couldn't come onto her yard therefore he was within his rights.

As for the video taping and arresst goes. Why couldn't she video tape from her porch or inside her front door? Goes to show that she wanted to 'get in the middle' of the action.

This woman, as well as everyone who wishes to bash the police, will probably never see a fraction of what the police haved to see week in and week out.

Will she have to investigate a dead baby that's been discarded like a bag of trash in the neighborhood dumpster? Will she have to answer a domestic violence call that ends up with a severely injured or dead victim? Will she have to chase armed robbers? Will she have to investigate a rape? Will she have to investigate child abuse?

The people who are arrested for heinous crimes are usually described by friends and neighbors as "He seemed liked a nice guy." or "She was always friendly to us and she loved her children." or " He just didn't seem like the the kind of person to..."

Comtrary to belief or what people says police training is, the police can't read peoples minds. They are human and they make mistakes and they are no different from anyone else.

The policeman in the video may have seen some kind of violence prior to this traffic stop and he, being human, was just being cautious. There is no such thing as being too safe or too cautious.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

If your JOB came to MY property/house...my annoyance of you trumps your annoyance of me...filming you...on MY TURF!!...
edit on 23-6-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Nope, cameras already exist in many workplaces.

And certainly I could not use my employment to physically restrain someone, and deny them liberty.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sempul
reply to post by Kryties

and i agree. i am not afraid of any of it since i am doing my job correctly. i am talking about interferring, causing a bad scene to go worse, or is evidence value. film me all you want, just dont get mad when i take a copy of it. or the whole video if it is warranted.

Can I ask -

Would a witness testimony be as valuable as a video recording?

I ask, because I am wondering whether a bystander who is watching an arrest as shown in the OP, would be requested to submit testimony in court should they be seen watching.

For example, would this lady have been requested to go to court if she had just been standing there, absent camera?

If not, then I discount as invalid the claim that it is used as evidence. it is simple harassment of a public citizen recording public events, on their own land.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
There is no such thing as being too safe or too cautious.

That's just a phrase son, it isn't actually something adults apply in real life.

When you desire to feel safe you still have no right to infringe on the rights of others.

You'll learn this as you grow older.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join