It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Arrest Woman For Videotaping Them From Her Front Yard: (Wait till you see this tape!)

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by panicman66
I wonder, if this was filmed in the middle east or a 3rd world country would it have got so many replies

Negative ghost rider, the pattern is full. Only here in America, land of the "free", home of the brave, weak, scared, babied, spoiled rotten, I'm owed something for being born great land of ours now.
edit on 6/25/2011 by immortalcamel because: adding content

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by immortalcamel

She doesn`t say that at all in the video.

At around 2:17 that you pointed out saying she said "the cop never told her to move away" she actually says "it really shocked me"

What she did say throughout that video was reflective of what happened.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by immortalcamel
Here's your hero, my apologies if anyone has already posted this video.

Emily Good talks about the arrest

So, because she wasn't prepared to be arrested this time she's gonna whine & throw a fit? She knew what she was doing as she admits here this isn't near the first time she has been arrested. Probably not this cops first run-in with her either. There's a fine line between civil disobedience & annoying + obstructing anyone, much less the police, from doing their job. I'd love to stage a civil disobedience rally at her place of employment(if there is one) just to show her how it feels while your trying to perform your job duties.

Back to the original video, I find it funny that at around the 2:17 mark she says the cop never told her to move away. Yet, at :59, 1:07, 1:25, 1:28, 1:38 & 1:55 of the video he did just that. She has no shot of getting anything IMO. She is a prior & the video clearly shows she was told at least 6 times to move back away from the scene.

Totally agree, these people are so blind, she was on the the SIDEWALK. She was way to close to his traffic stop. He stated that. He told her to back up a notch, she refused and bing bada boom, she became the spectacle of the night. That's what she wanted. That's why she went out there.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Kudos to the Cops for being as professional as they were. She was warned.

This individual has a history confronting the police and trying to provoke a reaction. I guess she got one, didn’t she? But she was not expecting to be arrested this time, so the nice officer only proved her wrong.

Now according to the organization she belongs to, at least how I understand it is, to take back property and allocate it to those in need. Sounds like a nice fluffy hug the bunny kind of group, don’t it?

It really doesn’t matter to them if you own the property; they just think they have more of a right to use it for their imagined reasons than you do.

And really do you buy a house you cannot afford?

Emily Good and Ryan Acuff just further the entitlement mentality. I find them quite irritating with that mind set..

I knew she was shady as soon as I saw the video.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
supreme court case, as to whether or not they can really go on private property and arrest some one for video taping an arrest.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
Kudos to the Cops for being as professional as they were. She was warned.

Hail yo bros Fuhrer and co.

This individual has a history confronting the police and trying to provoke a reaction. I guess she got one, didn’t she?

"Trying to provoke a reaction" that would be called trying to mislead the jury.

But she was not expecting to be arrested this time, so the nice officer only proved her wrong.

In doing so the officer has been proved wrong by the jury of citizens and rightly so.

Now according to the organization she belongs to, at least how I understand it is, to take back property and allocate it to those in need. Sounds like a nice fluffy hug the bunny kind of group, don’t it?

"at least how you understand it is"? I`ve never heard of the group before,though has no bearing on the OP and the officers actions.Or do you believe society is a prison or a correctional facility thats only run by the police?

And really do you buy a house you cannot afford?

Who got stung the most,moms and dads?,who got rich? yeah those of the same ilk (those in power) your in support of here and supported by the gov.

Emily Good and Ryan Acuff just further the entitlement mentality. I find them quite irritating with that mind set..

Got an itch scratch it,it might go away or someone may see you scratching and try to help you with your problem.

I knew she was shady as soon as I saw the video.

Then imo you had problems way before this event.There`s a big difference between drug dealers murderers pediphiles etc and a woman with a camera in her hands on her own front lawn.

Stuff America,stuff Australia,the UK Iran Iraq Isreal etc this woman was just a citizen a patriot of the human kind,which in turn is patriotic toward your country.She`s no hero not by any stretch,she stood her ground while filming an event that happened outside her front door,that got an inappropriate reaction from one officer.Then look what the police do in defense of the officer in an attempt to silence the peasant masses....www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Just watched the follow up video of the Rochester PD intimidating and retaliating against supporters of Emily Good during a neighborhood meeting.

4 squad cars and at least 6 policemen to ticket 2 cars for being 12 and 1/2 inches from the curb instead of the 12 the law says.

I don't even know what to say anymore, other than I'm damn glad I don't live in Rochester NY.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I would have shut him up by standing in my front door and filming from there.
That officer needs a hiatus from fantasy land.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

I hate using this word but, Whatever.

Sorry I don't see how a professional agitater should make me feel sympathatic for her plight. Especially, when she brings it onto herself.

I thought she was treated professionally and gently. Which, as a human being, she deserves. But I won't shed any tears for her, nor her cause.

Not going to happen.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Sorry I don't see how a professional agitater should make me feel sympathatic for her plight. Especially, when she brings it onto herself.

Yeah like the rest of the professional agitaters flyingsquirrel.rocus.org... wow they seem so harmless,we need to be far more careful,because these criminals love to sneak in and disguise themselves as decent humans.

Her case has become a cause for local activists, who got together on Thursday evening at a joint called the Flying Squirrel Community Space (Voted "Best Empathy Practice Circle" in western New York state, three years running) to show support and discuss police accountability.

gawker.com...

And your in support of how they were treated by police also.

You`ll have to pardon me then for not applauding the police or yourself.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

reply to post by gps777

I thought she was treated professionally and gently. Which, as a human being, she deserves. But I won't shed any tears for her, nor her cause.

Not going to happen.

Professional agitater huh?

Boy, you really bought into the RPD propaganda on this one.

Step one, discredit your adversary with inflammatory rhetoric.

I mean, my god, she had a history of this sort of thing, walking around filming stuff, that evil wench. I heard she even got someone to raise their voice once, so clearly she needed to be stopped.

It never ceases to amaze me how people take the first thing they hear as gospel.
edit on 25-6-2011 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437
Edit:

Looking back and rereading everything....

My main question now is why was only the female arrested and not the two other individuals standing in her vicinity?

I still think she said and/or did something to tweak the officer prior to starting the recording and he did not want her standing behind the other officers dealing with the remaining individuals in the car BUT

If 3 people have entered the reactionary gap why was one taken into custody and the other two not?

Kind of smells now that I think about it and don't just react on gut instinct although I do still maintain she should probably not have made whatever comment she made earlier and walked away (more than the foot or so she moved in the video) to tape the incident from her porch or a window in her house.
edit on 25-6-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

Now you're thinking...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

reply to post by gps777

Not going to happen.

Hey, that professional agitator is attempting to do/fix something that could possibly help YOU out one day.

Even if she is as you claim, the police officer had NO cause to arrest her, as a righteous court will rule.

It hasn't been said here, but what actually made the officer nervous was the fact that the young lady was video taping the harrassment of her "black" friend by police officers. The guy in the car was pulled over, firstly for some b.s. it's one of those things where he was DWB and the police made a stop hoping to find drugs, a warrant or ANYTHING so they could make an arrest. They found NOTHING and turned him lose. What probable cause did they have to even stop him?

That's issue number one that has been overlooked and a major reason why the officer was nervous about being on film.

The second reason we can suppose is because he already knew the womans "fight the power" attitude, which isn't against the law....yet. He wanted to flex his muscle and put her in her place by ordering her inside her house (preposterous I know) and she refused to bow down to him as police are NOW accustomed too. Police are no longer familiar with being reminded that they actually work FOR society.

Police and many other professions have been allowed to develop a "Us versus Them" mentality, and I know all about this mentality because I served in the Army. This mentality is developed by first giving trainees a slang name for people not in your ranks of "CIVILIANS".

Often in training when a instructor uses the word civilian, they even say it with a disdain and trainees pick up on the subtle hints. I remember all of this clearly, it's brainwashing.

And please believe everyone who reads this, no matter what a officer or military person on this board says.......if SHTF and they are given an order to fire on innocent CIVILIANS they WILL comply. Because it has been drilled into them since day 1 of training that CIVILIANS may as well be a different species. The only thing a commander will have to do is state that CIVILIANS have become a threat to the country/city and even themselves and orders are to shoot all on sight. With the brainwashing we receive, that order will be followed...especially with reenforcement from the 1st Sgts and Sgt Majors.

Sorry to get off on a different road there...

But point blank the police was wrong, there's no other way to spin this, and if the court is Just, the woman will be rewarded something.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
hahaha what did you think the majority of cops are lol this is it I even believe that people that served as infantry or like that in the armed services should not be cops he sounded like a paranoind P R I C K

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

no he/ them is part of the problem not the solution
edit meaning i agree cops are problems when like this agree with you
edit on 26-6-2011 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DZAG Wright

We know that the dude originally pulled over was released. If it was a case of harassment, then Emily would have been more useful testifying on his behalf in court by filming from the porch. The cops probably wouldn’t have even known she was filming.

But she made herself part of the event. She was polite, as was the officer, but she was still arrested. I have looked into this a bit. She was not tazed, maced nor thumped. We have all seen videos where a police officer has done such for less. To me, those are the bad Cops. This was probably one of the mellowest arrests I have ever seen taped.

Emily has made it her mission to prevent the physical foreclosure of homes, by actively interfering with the process. She is known by the RPD, and they know that where she is, there are probably cameras.

Nothing much will come out of this case. She will probably have to pay court costs, maybe a fine. But she has definitely scored big propaganda points for her cause. I would think that she’s pretty happy with the way things are turning out.

As for your comment that Soldiers are brainwashed. I don’t think so. I’m a retired vet as well, and I cannot count the times I have refused orders because I thought they were illegal (and they were) and had plenty of arguments with higher over how they wanted to respond to an incident. There are plenty more out there that are like that.

With that said though, if my detachment is in the middle of a riot and we start taking casualties or deaths, woe be unto those in our vicinity. One thing people fail to realize, the US military trains the Troops to fire in a targeted manner. Not an Iraqi Death Blossom.

I’d rather be tried by twelve than carried by six.

And at least Emily will get her day in court. There are places here on earth where she would never be heard from again.

edit on 26-6-2011 by TDawgRex because: spelling

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

BTW I can cut & paste too... see....

2009 North Carolina Code
Chapter 14 - Criminal Law.
§ 14-288.4. Disorderly conduct.

§ 14‑288.4. Disorderly conduct.

(a) Disorderly conduct is a public disturbance intentionally caused by any person who does any of the following:

(1) Engages in fighting or other violent conduct or in conduct creating the threat of imminent fighting or other violence.

(2) Makes or uses any utterance, gesture, display or abusive language which is intended and plainly likely to provoke violent retaliation and thereby cause a breach of the peace.

See what I did there Skippy... the question was asked "BTW show me where there is a law for getting trouble with your mouth and attitude?"and I did so.

I agree that this officer was being an a$$hat but that had nothing to do with the question I was asked, nor my reply to said question.

edit on 26-6-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by smack48

The officer's 'feeling of fear' was at face value unfounded if not silly.

Why?

Originally posted by smack48She pointed out that she was lightly dressed and unarmed,

So she was lightly dressed- good for her. As for unarmed... the police should just believe EVERYTHING they are told.

Perp: "No officer I did not just club this woman into unconsciousness and start raping her"
Officer: "Very good then- carry on with your date with the bloody woman with impact trauma to the head"

As for the lightly dressed fail....

Originally posted by smack48and did step back when told to do so.

After being told numerous times and only when approached by the officer

Originally posted by smack48She was no where near physical obstruction and was in the confines of her own property.

Physical obstruction is not necessary to meet the elements of the criminal act for which she was charged nor does the location where the crime of obstruction occurs have any bearing whatsoever on the charge or are you of the opinion that criminal charges can not be brought against someone so long as they are on property that they own when the commit them? (Not saying she SHOULD have been charged- just that private property has no bearing on the ability to arrest for the commission of a crime)

Originally posted by smack48 This was not in 'the hood' or skid row.

Perhaps one of the most despicable, racist and out of bounds thing I have read on here since day 1. Yeah only black people and poor people cause issues with the police. WTF are you smoking dude???

I am really seriously considering whether or not I should continue to address someone who would make such a vile, nasty statement about an entire segment of other human beings but to disprove everything else you have said I will continue for this one post and one post only.

Originally posted by smack48It was a residential area and her address was right behind her.

How would it have made a difference if she was in a commercial area? Or a parcel designated for farming?

Originally posted by smack48Was she going to open up with an Uzi and trade life in the burbs for a cell in a Federal Penitentiary?

Some people who have done exactly that:

Andrew Kehoe
Mutsuo Toi
Billy Cook
Charles Starkweather
Caril Ann Fugate ( a woman- imagine that!!!)
Charles Whitman
Freddie Lee Glenn

So now we have established that people have historically given up life in the burbs and traded it for a cell (or in some cases death).

Originally posted by smack48
*snip* yadda yadda yadda.... Amish.... militias.....bells....*snip*

Originally posted by smack48 I wonder if they tazered her, did a body cavity search for humiliation value, or became so frightened of her that they felt they had to beat her into submission.

Are you sure you are watching the same video? Seriously WTF are you referring to??

Originally posted by smack48Certainly it would have been lawful for them to use pre-emptive force if they felt threatened.

But the officer did use force- by telling her to move then by arresting her. You just proved the OPPOSITE of your own stance on the issue

Originally posted by smack48There is no doubt the officer was distracted from his duties, however it was entirely his doing when he refused to accept being videoed and began to contrive an excuse to punish her for recording the events.

He was already being videotaped before she brought her camera out and had no issue with the other two individuals accompanying her picking up her camera and continuing to tape. Reasoning and logic fail.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
What probable cause did they have to even stop him?

One does not need probable cause to initiate a traffic stop or detain someone.

Originally posted by DZAG WrightThat's issue number one that has been overlooked and a major reason why the officer was nervous about being on film.

He already was on several- dashcams.

Originally posted by DZAG WrightBut point blank the police was wrong, there's no other way to spin this, and if the court is Just, the woman will be rewarded something.

In this you are correct

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
There`s a big difference between drug dealers murderers pedophiles etc and a woman with a camera in her hands on her own front lawn.

How do you tell the difference? I was a police officer for 12 years and I never was able to tell at a glance.... enlighten me
[

How do you identify this one as a drug dealer?

How do you identify this one as a murderer?

How do you identify this one as a pedophile?

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join