It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Arrest Woman For Videotaping Them From Her Front Yard: (Wait till you see this tape!)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+77 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

A woman was arrested for videotaping police from her front yard in Rochester, New York

The woman, who is unidentified at this point, was recording a traffic stop where police had a man handcuffed on May 12th. The video was uploaded to Blip TV today. The cops noticed her recording and started hassling her with absurd notions. “I don’t feel safe with you standing behind me, so I’m going to ask you to go into your house,” the cop said. “You seem very anti-police … due to what you said to me before you started taping me.”

She ended up getting handcuffed and taken away after she refused to walk into her house, even though she was clearly on her own property. Meanwhile, the man they had originally handcuffed was released
She was charged with obstructing government administration.
Source: www.pixiq.com...

What the hell is our country come to? Honestly? You can't videotape a police officer doing his job from your own front yard? WHY?

If you look at all of the stories about similar incidents you should see am alarming pattern emerging. YOU DON'T HAVE PERSONAL RIGHTS anymore-when a cop decides you don't just because you are video taping.

We have to get a grip on this as a country. The SCOTUS needs to hear a case and make a decision on this. Our country is officially in the toliet, IMO.

This cop was totally in the wrong. Notice how he stopped paying attention to the traffic stop activity to focus on a citizen holding a camera. There were at least 3 police officers there and no mobs/riots etc. That cop decided to violate the citizens rights purely on COP EGOMANIA and/or oppression. I hope she enjoys her money that she will be getting from the city.

edit on 6/22/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/22/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I have cameras up everywhere.

I am soooo glad this has yet to occur here on the scale it appears to be over there.

When it does, I will really have to just go off the grid, it will cause problems for all concerned when I am threatened with arrest for recording public events.

(ps, it's funny how we still call it VideoTaping when pretty much everything is digital.. just occurred to me as odd haha)

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hmm, what's also interesting is when you consider, at least in the U.K., is that the Police themselves are now using mounted cameras in their helmets.
So they can film and use footage of us against us but we can't do the same.

The police are supposed to be public servants as are the government and answerable to US!! I guess this is no longer true.

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
yay, more police abusing laws ment for terrorists. Lets not forget, if you are against the abuse which the police inflict on the people, then you are a terrorist!!

It is NOT against the law to film the police (so long as you are not in their way at all) It does not make you a terrorist. But the police will wrongfully use anti terror laws against every citizen, becasue they think they can. And aslong as they get away with it, they can. The scum that they are.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
WOW

This will probably sound controversial, but i suspect they are trained to confront individuals who have personal vendettas against police officers... the clues ( as they will have been trained to notice ) are in her tone... if she was cool about it, there would have been a human reaction... but she was RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE about it & so received the inhumanity she projected.. that's how i felt watching half the clip before making that conclusion

anyway

peace
edit on 22/6/2011 by EmeraldGreen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Cop is totally wrong, this is when we need, as citizens to sue these unintelligent cops.... hit them in their wallet or budget, that will end these "I am a cop, I am god" scenarios
Cops like this rookie make me sick

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

How much are these cameras?
I might get one.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
this is why the word c***s shouldn't be banned from the forum.

i've been beaten by the police for questioning an arrest and not keeping quiet when i was told to, she got off lucky!

+23 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The police cant get away with treating people like that in the UK. But they try anyway. This video is very funny

Film-maker Darren Pollard was clearing up flood rubbish from his front garden when he noticed the police and a teenager opposite his house. Darren retrieved his camera and this is what he filmed!
edit on 22-6-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
It's one thing if you're interfering with an arrest, but this women was doing nothing of the sort. So it's illegal to film police officers arresting someone in public? Give me a break, do these officers really take us as fools?

Any police officer that feels uncomfortable being video taped has something to hide. If he can't defend his actions in a court of law than he shouldn't be doing what's being recorded. He had two other police officers as witnesses to his arrest and he doesn't feel safe being video taped from a distance?

This officer's reasoning for her going into the house was a lame excuse for her to stop video taping. I hope she takes this video and files charges against this police officer as an illegal arrest. If she's prevented on filing charges, she should take this all the way to the supreme court! Someone needs to put these questionable police practices in the public spot light.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

sigh

that was quite sad at the end. I feel bad for all parties involved. cops have it tough, & it was unfair that he arrested her at That moment... but ... karma is a bitch... maybe... cops definitely need to learn compassion, & realise who is a threat and who isn't a threat... So do neurotic onlookers...

what a waste of everyone's time... this is another reason supporting my hypothesis about cops being trained to spot confrontational members of the public... it would seem like a waste of time, but they might justify it by arguing that the amount of time spent dealing with such pointless disputes is reduced the more people they arrest like that... words spreads and people wise up to these things they might hope...

Anti-government doesn't necessarily have to mean anti-police... they are just doing their job & need to feel grounded before all kinds crazy folk out there, its hard on the psyche and fragile egos easily erupt in those blue uniforms, We do well not to provoke them!!!
edit on 22/6/2011 by EmeraldGreen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I saw this video awhile back. Excellent.

One has to be able to stand up for himself.

Thanks for posting it.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The thread title is a lie, the woman repeatedly lied in the video, and the cops were being civil and humane.

You guys are really trying to poo poo the cops in this thread.

I'm all for calling out police brutality and whatnot, but this isn't a case I'd stand up for.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It was ok for the show "Cops" to display people getting arrested. Now for some reason they are totally paranoid about being on camera. What do they have to hide if they are doing their job correctly? The fact that they are completely intimidated by having their actions brought to light is the bizarre part to me.
edit on 22-6-2011 by Digital_Reality because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
How dare a citizen of the United States stand in their own front yard. What was she thinking? Must be delusional thinking that she is Free to stand in her own yard.

The most humorous part of this clip is at the end when the black lady is saying that she called 9-11 to report the ill treatment of her fellow citizen.

Now think this through, she called the police to report on the police, now how funny is that.
This is how sheeple think. This country has no hope.

Everyone one involved doesn’t have two correctly firing neurons left.

The policeman , jack-booted thug, goose-steps all over the constitution when he “orders” a citizen to move from her own yard. The citizen, in an heroic act of civil dis-obedience, starts to wine and cry when she is arrested. The other citizens don’t come to the aid of the wrongfully arrest citizen, but call the police who started the whole affair.

NO HOPE LEFT for US

+40 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
The thread title is a lie, the woman repeatedly lied in the video, and the cops were being civil and humane.

You guys are really trying to poo poo the cops in this thread.

I'm all for calling out police brutality and whatnot, but this isn't a case I'd stand up for.

What video were you watching? The cop tried to make an issue out of nothing because he was intimidated by someone exercising their right. He did what most police officers do when they cant control or understand something. He used his powers in an inappropriate way and made up reasons for her not to be able to continue what she was doing.

First he asked her to go inside... Fail!
Then he said she was on the sidewalk and not in the yard.. Fail!
Then he felt "unsafe" with her behind him so she needed to go inside her house...
Fail!

So if you make a police officer feel unsafe just by being within eyesight, is that an official reason to arrest someone ? What is the charge for that?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

You don't have to have the cops clobbering away on someone (Rodney King) for it to be police brutality.

You know, the cops didn't have to pull over the people in front of her house either....

So, in your thinking, as long as it is the cops doing the taping, it's okay?

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
She wasnt standing behind anyone. She was standing besides them.
She was in her OWN yard, on HER property.

And look at all of his cop buddies just standing there.

Yea Im sure theres a "Good" cop in there somewhere right? You know, the ones who just stand and watch and do nothing.

no such thing as a good cop anymore.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Thats a great video - us Brummies know our stuff!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
The police cant get away with treating people like that in the UK. But they try anyway. This video is very funny

Could someone describe an scenario what would happen if this man would speak to US policemen like this?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join