It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Arrest Woman For Videotaping Them From Her Front Yard: (Wait till you see this tape!)

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437

I was describing an extension of a crime scene to include the typical reaction gap of an officer as well as a crime scene not being limited to, for example, a dead body.

Which had nothing to do with anything that happened here.

You stated you knew what the officer was thinking which can only come through personal interaction with that officer.

You're welcome.

I never said I knew it. I threw it out there as a thought. If you do not believe me, fine. I never claimed it was an absolute truth. It was my opinion. Is it your opinion that her home was a murder scene?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Manhater

Kitilani said it. Twice. Now of course there is denial of ever making those statements...

No, I never said it. You just quoted me and proved I never said it. I said the woman was arrested, not any of the three men that were pulled over. Why are you lying?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

You are missing the point that I am not the least bit concerned with anyone's fantasy woulda shoulda couldas. None of the made up things that could have happened impress me since you know, they didn't happen.

Not trying to impress you, far from it. Im trying to get you to understand their point of view. Im sure whatever office you work in is very safe and secure. However these guys don't have that luxury and must perceive everyone as a potential threat until deemed otherwise,

MY MAIN POINT was that she was interfereing with an ongoing investigation. Just because CSI wasn't involved doesn't mean it wasn't an investigation

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ABWarrior58
Weather that's true or not(sorry i disagree) would you like people going to your job and tell you what you're doing is right or wrong?By that I mean people who arn't your bosses or co-wokers.The point is her mouth and attitude got her in trouble

Unfortunately that is part of that whole "public servant" thingy. There are plenty of private security firms to work for if you only want your actual bosses to watch what you do. If you want to be a cop, you are going to answer to the people. That used to be a good thing about the US.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Kitilani did say it- I've pulled her multiple quotes up several times.

Of course now Kitilani is stating she never said what she is quoted as having said.

You cannot read so how could you have ever been credible in any kind of law enforcement position? You quoted me saying the woman was arrested and keep claiming I said one of the men was arrested. Are you a liar or stupid?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I definitely do not advocate complacency. The end goal is going home at the end of shift.

Being that there was prior negative interaciton to wit the officer saying the woman made him nervous because of what she said before (got no clue what it was) the officer was within the scope of his duty to expand the scene to include the woman's yard in order to remove whatever he saw as a possible threat.

She does specifically ask the officer what it is that she said that caused him the problem.
What was his response?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Unfortunately that is part of that whole "public servant" thingy. There are plenty of private security firms to work for if you only want your actual bosses to watch what you do. If you want to be a cop, you are going to answer to the people. That used to be a good thing about the US.

You're absolutely right, that used to be a good thing. Years ago cops could do their jobs. Nowadays people want to be defiant and oppose cops for the "abusers they are" just because their may be one or two bad apples doesn't mean all cops are evil gestapo like officers.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

She does specifically ask the officer what it is that she said that caused him the problem.
What was his response?

every argument you make is null and void and shows that you have no idea what you're talking about. What she on her own private property?yes, but she was in the open(if she was standing outside in the nude that would also be illegal). They never told her to stop recording. She was interfering with an investigation. She was warned several times(I counted 6+) to go inside so they could finish their job.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I forgot, I live in a world where everyone is right. No one is ever wrong.

I said, I'm pretty sure, I saw it somewhere, in one of these threads. Not a 100% sure. So, I could be wrong, and I could be right.

So, stop taking me out of context.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ABWarrior58

"One or two bad apples is a huge understatement". maybe one or two bad apples in every department is more accurate.
Police corruption is rampant and has been increasing for years. People are so sick and tired of having their rights abused by police officers that they feel compelled to record them for their own safety.

If cops don't like being recorded, clean up your act and don't cover for corruption of your buddies. Stand up for what is right and quit making excuses for intolerable behavior.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Not trying to impress you, far from it. Im trying to get you to understand their point of view. Im sure whatever office you work in is very safe and secure. However these guys don't have that luxury and must perceive everyone as a potential threat until deemed otherwise,

I think you took "impress" the wrong way. Better be careful or else another certain poster on this board might ask you to prove you know I work in an office because he has a huge problem with people assuming things like that about others. I do not want to point fingers though so how about you just do not assume to know what kind of environment I work in.

MY MAIN POINT was that she was interfereing with an ongoing investigation. Just because CSI wasn't involved doesn't mean it wasn't an investigation

My main point is that I do not agree that she was interfering and so far the only arguments I have seen to explain how she was all rely on "could have..." which fails to make much of an impression on me.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

Police corruption is rampant and has been increasing for years. People are so sick and tired of having their rights abused by police officers that they feel compelled to record them for their own safety.

Your are so wrong its not even funny. corruption is not "rampant". Ask any officer with 10 or more years on the job. The only thing that has increased over the last 30 years is the ability to show it. It a see-saw basically. Even though corruption/brutality has easily declined by double digit percentage today's modern technology and availability of such media has made the view/report of it increase ten fold. Its just like with child abductions. That has gone done significantly over the last 20 years but it dosn't seem like it because the media exposure of it has increased so much, maybe not the best analogy but a good one

p.s. if people record for their own safetey, why is it necessary for officers to have cameras not only in their dashboard, but mic/cam on their prep radios on their shoulder?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

You're absolutely right, that used to be a good thing. Years ago cops could do their jobs. Nowadays people want to be defiant and oppose cops for the "abusers they are" just because their may be one or two bad apples doesn't mean all cops are evil gestapo like officers.

He did his job. In fact, by the handcuffs it looks like her and her camera failed to interfere at all. He could have just ignored her or even hoped that the video was used to show what a professional he was. I can coulda too. I find it hard to believe anyone is a member of ATS and does not understand why people have a deep suspicion of law enforcement. The biggest problem with bad cops is all the "good" cops not saying anything and being so surprised to find out when corruption is unveiled among their fraternity. She did not have to video tape him. She did not have to go out in her yard. He did not have to pay her any attention.

link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

It's all good. It boils my blood too. The way I see it by twisting the law it looks like a form of corruption...but then again defense attorneys sometimes do the same.

Have officers who acted honorably been thrown under the bus by video out of context in the past? Possibly.
Have officers who acted dishonorably also been thrown under the bus? Also just as probable.

link   

I think you took "impress" the wrong way. Better be careful or else another certain poster on this board might ask you to prove you know I work in an office because he has a huge problem with people assuming things like that about others. I do not want to point fingers though so how about you just do not assume to know what kind of environment I work in.

sorry just a generalization that you work in a relatively safe environment

My main point is that I do not agree that she was interfering and so far the only arguments I have seen to explain how she was all rely on "could have..." which fails to make much of an impression on me.

the could have is not how she interfered with an investigation, thats how she sparked the interest in the first place. She was interfeing by refusing to leave the area and allow the officers to do their job, instead she wanted to sit there and argue

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

just because their may be one or two bad apples doesn't mean all cops are evil gestapo like officers.

From an outsider: How the police treat people in the US routinely is quite shocking,which is seen in the OP on the guy who was also innocent which comes across as evil gestapo like officers.

If harmless people are made to fear the police and have to jump through hoops "yes sir no sir three bags full sir" for their own safety then rest assured you have evil gestapo like officers which is more than just one or two bad apples as you said.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by js331975

Have officers who acted honorably been thrown under the bus by video out of context in the past? Possibly.

the answer to that is most undoubtedly yes! thats the main reason officers feel uncomfortable when people video tape officers hoping to catch them doing something wrong because its their right

here an idea, use that time and effort trying to expose police officers instead use it to better your neighborhood, yourself, whatever the case may be!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

What was his response?

every argument you make is null and void and shows that you have no idea what you're talking about.

According to you? That hurts in a deep deep place, my friend.

What she on her own private property?yes, but she was in the open(if she was standing outside in the nude that would also be illegal).

Considering I never even tried to argue being on private property makes you exempt from laws, your argument is pretty damn null ain't it?

They never told her to stop recording. She was interfering with an investigation. She was warned several times(I counted 6+) to go inside so they could finish their job.

You say she was interfering because you think she was. I see a suspect that was later released already in handcuffs and two other officers dealing with it. I do not care if she was "warned" a bazillion times. How much more in handcuffs did the suspect need to get?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I forgot, I live in a world where everyone is right. No one is ever wrong.

I said, I'm pretty sure, I saw it somewhere, in one of these threads. Not a 100% sure. So, I could be wrong, and I could be right.

So, stop taking me out of context.

Hey, I am just taking note of the times people supporting this LEO have to bend the truth or outright make something up to argue with. Do not mind me. I am just observing. It's my right.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

You say she was interfering because you think she was. I see a suspect that was later released already in handcuffs and two other officers dealing with it. I do not care if she was "warned" a bazillion times. How much more in handcuffs did the suspect need to get?

it doesnt matter if the suspect was in cuffs, they still had to question him, search the vehicle, run his name for open warrants, the list goes on.

ps didnt mean to hurt ya! just a sensitive subject here lol i sometimes needs to remember opinions are like aholes!

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join