It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Arrest Woman For Videotaping Them From Her Front Yard: (Wait till you see this tape!)

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ABWarrior58

Originally posted by Sparky63

Police corruption is rampant and has been increasing for years. People are so sick and tired of having their rights abused by police officers that they feel compelled to record them for their own safety.

Your are so wrong its not even funny. corruption is not "rampant". Ask any officer with 10 or more years on the job.

Classic. Cops are not bad, ask any one of them, they will tell you.
You know what, prisoners are all innocent. Ask any one of them.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani
It's my right.

given this discussion i and the video, i wont lie i giggled when i read that

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Classic. Cops are not bad, ask any one of them, they will tell you.
You know what, prisoners are all innocent. Ask any one of them.

come on kit at least read the rest of that post to get the point of that, and ok i will correct myself, ask any HONEST cop with a clean record who has 10 or more years on the job

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

sorry just a generalization that you work in a relatively safe environment

You mean just another made up thing like most of the posts in this thread defending this? You know what would help. Stop making things up. I dunno. Try it. Give it a walk around the store and see how it feels.

the could have is not how she interfered with an investigation, thats how she sparked the interest in the first place. She was interfeing by refusing to leave the area and allow the officers to do their job, instead she wanted to sit there and argue

You say she was interfering by refusing to be ordered into her own home from her own yard. I say they had the guy they let go in handcuffs already and so...do not agree. Hey, you kids give this whole "facts" thing a try. Watch the video and respond to what actually did happen this night. Mull it over, have fun with it. Just see if it works. If not, go back to making things up. Take some time, wear down the leather a bit.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Your are so wrong its not even funny. corruption is not "rampant". Ask any officer with 10 or more years on the job. The only thing that has increased over the last 30 years is the ability to show it. It a see-saw basically.

I had a feeling that this too would be denied. Please consider the following:

Police corruption spreading, prison statistics show
By Jack Nelson and Ronald J. Ostrow / Los Angeles Times

WASHINGTON -- In greater numbers and in more places than ever, police are succumbing to the temptations posed by huge sums of cash from illegal drugs.
Official corruption, which has raged for years in the nation's big cities, is spreading to the hinterlands. So rampant has it become that the number of federal, state and local officials in federal prisons has grown fivefold over the last four years, increasing from 107 in 1994 to 548 today, according to the federal Bureau of Prisons.
Although only a tiny fraction of the nation's law enforcement officials are behind bars, the increase in their numbers reflects a harsh reality: Despite the government's "war on drugs," the problem is defying concerted efforts to stamp it out.
"It's a big problem across the country, in big towns and small towns, and it's not getting any better," said Michael W. Hoke, superintendent for internal affairs of the Chicago Police Department. "Dope dealing is probably the only growth industry in Chicago's inner city," he said, and some police officers can't resist the temptation to siphon off a share for themselves.

www.angelfire.com...

This was published in 1998...not 30 years ago, but only 13.

In 1995 police corruption was such a huge problem that a commission specifically designed to combat police corruption had to be formed.

The Commission to Combat Police Corruption (CCPC) was created in 1995 as a permanent board to monitor and evaluate the anti-corruption programs, activities, commitment, and efforts of the New York City Police Department. The Commission is completely independent of the NYPD, and is comprised of Commissioners, appointed by the Mayor, who direct a full-time staff.

www.nyc.gov...

Their report for 2009 - 2010 states this:

For this report, the Commission reviewed 572 disciplinary cases adjudicated from October 2009
through September 2010. The Commission focused its analysis on two categories of cases that have
been the subject of prior Commission reports:23 serious off-duty misconduct cases and false statement cases. The serious off-duty misconduct cases included 62 alcohol-related cases, 13 firearm-related
cases, and 73 domestic incident-related cases. There were 93 false statement cases....

And this is just for New York. Corruption and misconduct by police officers takes place in every major city. Only a fool would say that corruption has not increased in the last 30 years. I hope that you just misspoke and do not really believe what you wrote.
edit on 6/24/2011 by Sparky63 because: Fixed Quote

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The reason she was arrested was not for videotaping as is evident when her phone was picked up and recording resumed or maybe for some reason that bypassed your basic thought processes.. nor were the other people watching in the background arrested. Just wait for the lawsuit people it will be coming.. Sometimes you need to think outside the box and not spew Rhetoric that you have heard in these forums only a few of you understood. The rest of you need to crawl out of your caves and stimulate your gray matter a bit more.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
OK so we have a traffic stop and then an arrest. All paperwork, time, TAX dollars for that. Hey, we gotta pay to keep the streets safe, right? So after they pulled over this car of suspected gang members, searched and let them go, then went and argued with some lady for a bit, arrested her...someone remind me what crime the cops kept us safe from in this instance? I feel what has been lost sight of is what the police were doing with their time and energy in a place they are claiming is so dangerously criminal with gang violence? How much money and time was wasted on what crime again? Just need a refresher.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

ok, i tried to apologize, tried to be respectful, apparently kit you're more interested in badmouth,bashing, and overall not wanting an intelligent debate. I watched the video several times. As a person who grew up in a law enforcement family(mom,dad,3uncles) and spending time on the job myself before i decided that wasn't what I wanted to do, I seen nothing wrong in the video except for the actions by the woman recording. Her wrongdoing was NOT the videotaping itself, but her refusal to obey a lawful command several times. She never should have went to jail. She should have shut her mouth and just recording from her house, im pretty sure todays cameras have a zoom on them. Ever actually seen an incident with several police officers? they tell people all the time who arn't involved to go home, get out of here. because they get in the way and cause a distraction

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

i do beleive what i wrote, cuxz i know if i had the time at the moment i could find just as many articles arguing my side. thats the beauty of the internet every "study" "poll" or "research" is all subjective. Until you speak to several officers yourself on a personal level or have been on the job you dont know. however i have work in the morning and must continue this tomorrow!

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Please consider this too:

Police corruption has increased dramatically with the illegal coc aine trade, with officers acting alone or in-groups to steal money from dealers or distribute coc aine themselves. Large groups of corrupt police have been caught in New York, New Orleans, Washington, DC, and Los Angeles.

For a corrupt act to occur, three distinct elements of police corruption must be present simultaneously: 1) misuse of authority, 2) misuse of official capacity, and 3) misuse of personal attainment. (Dantzker, 1995: p 157) It can be said that power inevitably tends to corrupt, and it is yet to be recognized that, while there is no reason to suppose that policemen as individuals are any less fallible than other members of society, people are often shocked and outraged when policemen are exposed violating the law. The reason is simple. There deviance elicits a special feeling of betrayal. "Most studies support the view that corruption is endemic, if not universal, in police departments.

policecorruption

Police agencies, in an attempt to eliminate corruption have tried everything from increasing salaries, requiring more training and education, and developing polices which are intended to focus directly on factors leading to corruption. What have all these changes done to eliminate or even decrease the corruption problem? Little or nothing. Despite police departments' attempts to control corruption, it still occurs. Regardless of the fact, police corruption cannot simply be over looked. Controlling corruption is the only way that we can really limit corruption, because corruption is the by-product of the individual police officer, societal views, and, police environmental factors. Therefore control must come from not only the police department, but also must require the assistance and support of the community members.

Notice who is called on to help control police corruption: "must require the assistance and support of the community members"

The police subculture is a contributing factor to these practices, because officers who often act in a corrupt manner are often over looked, and condoned by other members of the subculture.

www.policecrimes.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

i do beleive what i wrote, cuxz i know if i had the time at the moment i could find just as many articles arguing my side

When you get a chance you might want to consider your statement in light of this article:

Police corruption: The crime that's not going down
by Brown, C Stone : By all accounts, crime seems to be spiraling downward across the nation. Cities like Boston and New York have seen crime rates dip to levels of the 1960s. There is, however, another facet to this story that is getting scant media attention; police corruption and abuse appear to be at an all-time high.Unfortunately, the public appears to tolerate this situation because the majority of victims of police misconduct and the majority of people defined as "criminals" are often perceived as indistinguishable. This is unfortunate, because police misconduct affects everybody. It erodes the public's respect for the law, and thus directly contributes to a lawless environment.

findarticles.com...

Did you notice the part that I bolded? The part about police corruption being at an all time high? I hope you did not miss that because it has a bearing on the statement you made.

Police misconduct has cost the city of Philadelphia $20 million in the settlement of 225 civil cases in the last 28 months. In New York City, the pay out in 1994 was $2 million. But these are only the monetary costs of police corruption. Those pay outs cannot restore respect for the police. Nor can they restore the dignity of the people in the communities victimized bv their own police force. The socio-economic costs are anyone's guess.

findarticles.com...

edit on 6/24/2011 by Sparky63 because: Fixed Quote

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437
You stated you knew what the officer was thinking which can only come through personal interaction with that officer.

I never said I knew it. I threw it out there as
a thought. If you do not believe me, fine. I never claimed it was an absolute truth. It was my opinion. Is it your opinion that her home was a murder scene?

You stated you knew the reason for the officer being nervous with ZERO qualifiers such as "probably" or "perhaps". You stated it as fact and are now trying to backpedal because you got called on it.

I also NEVER intimated that a traffic stop is a murder scene. YAAFM- big time!

Originally posted by SFA437
Kitilani said it. Twice. Now of course there is denial of ever making those statements...

No, I never said it. You just quoted me and proved I never said it. I said the woman was arrested, not any of the three men that were pulled over. Why are you lying?

I am indeed an idiot.

My original post regarding the 3 men was in reference to the scene not being secured as there were still 2 subjects in the vehicle who had not been Terry frisked or secured. When you brought up the two companions to the female (who I ignored as they were not part of the issue at hand altogether) I read it as you stating there was only one man in the vehicle when the video was taken and I was unable to count.

I did not read the 3rd parties post completely and misread your tatement about there being 6 people present and for that I do apologize.
edit on 24-6-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

i do beleive what i wrote, cuxz i know if i had the time at the moment i could find just as many articles arguing my side. thats the beauty of the internet every "study" "poll" or "research" is all subjective.

You are either ignorant of the facts or are purposely posting misleading information. I hope that it is simply a matter of not being familiar with the facts.
Please consider:

From 1992 to 2008, nearly 2,000 New York Police Department officers were arrested, according to the department’s own annual reports of the Internal Affairs Bureau, an average of 119 a year. The rarely seen internal reports were obtained last month by the New York Civil Liberties Union through the Freedom of Information Law. They show that the number of tips logged each year by Internal Affairs has tripled since 1992, a trend that top police officials attribute to an opening up of the process and more diligent cataloging of public response to police interactions,

www.nytimes.com...

This info is not from some anonymous blog or some questionable report. It comes right from N.Y.P.D Bureau of Internal Affairs. the bottom line is that Police corruption is increasing and yes, it is rampant. It has not been declining for the past 30 years as you stated. Now, what do we do about it? Do we let the police "police" themselves? Hell no! the public has to arm themselves with cameras and recording devises to protect themselves and expose crooked cops and cops that trample the rights of the people.
I'm going to bed! Ciao'
edit on 6/24/2011 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Edit:

Looking back and rereading everything....

My main question now is why was only the female arrested and not the two other individuals standing in her vicinity?

I still think she said and/or did something to tweak the officer prior to starting the recording and he did not want her standing behind the other officers dealing with the remaining individuals in the car BUT

If 3 people have entered the reactionary gap why was one taken into custody and the other two not?

Kind of smells now that I think about it and don't just react on gut instinct although I do still maintain she should probably not have made whatever comment she made earlier and walked away (more than the foot or so she moved in the video) to tape the incident from her porch or a window in her house.
edit on 25-6-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Corruption hasn't trended upwards... what has trended upwards is IA actually doing something about it.

Anyone remember Serpico? When I was growing up the guy was a POS for ratting on his brother officers. That culture is going away and going away rapidly, being replaced by officers who will either handle things with a 4 wall counseling session or push it up to IA.

An increase in reporting does NOT equal more corruption any more than an increase in domestic violence reporting over the same time frame mean there is more DV occurring.

I would say however that corruption has not DECREASED any either. Police officers are taken from a cross section of the population and just as sure as there are corrupt mechanics, doctors, pharmacists, secretaries... there are corrupt cops. It's just that something is being done about it now.
edit on 24-6-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Relate topic of new developments.

Not to be missed guys!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6/25/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnny76

I can see it no other way than "obstructing government administration" or obstructing police work. It sounds about right: there should be a law against filming police during an operation as it becomes evidence. Even if you are filming the cops just passing by on foot, they are on duty and therefore in policing operation. So it is only common sense that they will and can see this is a potential threat, whatever the extent of their knowledge of the law. Just because they are the police and we are the public all the defensive crap comes out about ego-powertripping blah blah. The country has to be have order without which etc etc

In short, it's not our place to start pointing cameras at the law enforcers just to exercise our freedom and make them look like nazis. Just my opinion anyway

So in essence, ALL video cameras must be taken out of all public places for their SAFETY? Also, no one but you can make you look like a Nazi as you put it, especially if you are doing nothing wrong.
LEO's were initially put in place for our protection after the government realised that an armed public(open carry) would be to difficult, if not impossible to rob and steal from. Little by little with the declining educational system, as well as questionable hiring practices we have what we have. The Hardened criminals on one side ,and a corrupt protect the status quo Highwaymen LEO on the other. No LEO can say that they know of NO infractions that were either illegal or a danger to the public safety, rights whateverby other LEO'S, but still keeps silent for a twisted sort of brotherhood.
Remember the uniform and gun make you no more human than the rest of us and just as fallible, so get over your own inflated ego's and remember you are in the same boat as the rest of us. Nobody hates LEO's just cause they are the man, they do because you're institution is corrupt, and honestly there are just as many crooks in politics and your letter agencies, if not more. But even given evidence you would not dare confront those people less you lose your JOB.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen-

I am before you, hat in hand with a double helping of crow.

Some new info has come to light on the other thread regarding the ticketing and I was wrong. 180 degrees off. Some pertains to questions I had and some was things I should have realized/seen but did not.

This officer screwed up and screwed up big time.

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
For all the latest updates about Emily Good, I would suggest finding it here.
interceder.net...
edit on 25-6-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Actually more than often they don't. Especially when it comes to filming or taking pictures.

Weather that's true or not(sorry i disagree) would you like people going to your job and tell you what you're doing is right or wrong?By that I mean people who arn't your bosses or co-wokers.The point is her mouth and attitude got her in trouble

Disagree? Youtube... PINAC... it happens daily and weekly we get to see that on videos. Btw show me where there is a law for getting trouble with your mouth and attitude?

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join