It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Intolerant' Christians are more militant than Muslims, says equality chief

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by edog11

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

This same philosophy goes right along with everyone using the Crusades as excuse for Islamist to blow the crap out of everything they hate. It happened hundreds of years ago. It is not happening now. Get over it. And the whole thing about Bush calling the war on Terror a Crusade....THE MAN WAS A MORON FOR CHRIST SAKES! I think Cheney had to tie his shoes in the morning and you are going to judge the entire west based on one word an idiot got wrong? When he said Crusade, he did NOT mean it in the form of a Christian war against Islam, he was just to stupid to put his thoughts coherently together and went for what he thought would be easiest for him to get across.

edit on 20-6-2011 by DerbyCityLights because: (no reason given)

Regardless of your opinion of him being a moron or not, he was the "democratically elected" president of the USA and the globally recognized leader of the USA. It is not unreasonable to assume that him, making such a statement would send shock-waves through the Muslim world.
Why do you people change the rules for each situation? For people to blame an entire religion of people because the acts of a few extremists is OK, but thinking "what the f*ck did he just say?!* when the elected president of the USA who spent 2 terms in the white-house (Meaning that the general population liked him enough for 4 more years) declares a crusade on the Muslims is just false?

IT--

There we go again.........ignorance......

Like i explained earlier..........1 where did he declare a crusade on the muslim religion? were those his words?

2. the term CRUSADE isnt unique to christianity or even religion...........

I can have a crusade to save the wales, I can have a crusade to feed the poor, or i can have a crusade to sleep with every women in the bar.......

you can have a crusade to stop terrorism and it has nothing to do with religion......our homeland security is somewhat of a "crusade" to stop attacks

But nice cherry picking , and another nice straw man.......

Keep trying
edit on 20-6-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

+1 ManBehindTheMask. You hit it right on the mark. I was going to reply in same way.

And it's what we did not what we said. We fought for freedom and did hte right thing.
edit on 20-6-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
So if one Muslim is a suicide bomber the whole Muslim population must be bad? He is saying that Muslim community's are trying hard to fit into a modern society which I have no doubt they are. I'm really not seeing much wrong with his article and you are definetly taking things a bit out of context.

i have never really seen any examples of muslims publicly denouncing suicide bombers, please post some links so i can become enlightened

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Your true colors are showing. I can see that you don't dare to give a "well-argumented" reply because you know you are standing on undefendable grounds. All you are doing is feeding the mis-informed with what they want to hear by spreading bullsh!t and some more bullsh!t. Either that or you are lacking a few percents in the intelligence department which I doubt. Seeing that you still haven't taken any of my replies seriously and have not provided any relevant and valid arguments, I will terminate this very one-sided discussion with you. You are not worth a fraction of the energy that I am putting in typing these replies.

You Are Dismissed!

IT--

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Absolutely, they have infiltrated our intelligence agencies, the government, the news media and the school system, and the churches, this has been going on since WW2,

I have been watching these propaganda tactics on forums for far to long.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Your true colors are showing. I can see that you don't dare to give a "well-argumented" reply because you know you are standing on undefendable grounds. All you are doing is feeding the mis-informed with what they want to hear by spreading bullsh!t and some more bullsh!t. Either that or you are lacking a few percents in the intelligence department which I doubt. Seeing that you still haven't taken any of my replies seriously and have not provided any relevant and valid arguments, I will terminate this very one-sided discussion with you. You are not worth a fraction of the energy that I am putting in typing these replies.

You Are Dismissed!

IT--

He was right though. You cherry pick what you want to see and make straw men that can easily be defeated. Bush and his 'crusade' remark are your straw man. And sticking mostly to things that support your argument is cherry picking. Tell me how his reply was wrong? It seemed on topic and even explained how crusade can be used to mean a lot of things. Are police on a crusade to bring justice to the citizenry???? Bush wasn't the only one that wanted to cut Saddam's regime in two to break it apart. There was international support for that. Remember the sanctions? Remember when Saddam continually defied the UN? Remember when they threatened war? Remember when Al Gore and Clinton came on TV and told us that Iraq represented an imminent threat and that their was reasonable concern of terrorist motives? The fact that we voted him in a second term means we agreed but so did a lot of other countries.

Peace.
edit on 20-6-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

You Are Dismissed!

IT--

My true colors or showing, and i cant give a well "argumented" reply.........but youre calling me names and cannot refute anything that I have said....

nor can you address it......

well the name calling I guess proves just how "stupid" I am then huh?

I addressed your crusade comments, and i addressed the history of muslim extremist actions and that its nothing new.....and you have NO argument except to insult me?

Apparently youre the one who has no defense............move on

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
More lies being spread about christians.In fact christians have done far more to help the world than anyone else.This crap is clearly all out attack and assult which is now in politics to hate Israel and the many christians who support Israel.Same BS happening all over again with the lunatic NAZI movement.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jed001

I'm Muslim, here's my statement..

Thread

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Mark of the beast Allah=666

The Islamic Beast

Monotheism is a lie: Judaism, Christianity & Islam are all bunk.
The Bibles buried secrets.

I blame those conniving pesky Aliens. They certainly know how to manipulate humanity, so that we are forever at each others throats.

Geez! Bring on the consummation of the age and the great harvest. Now where did I put that tabasco sauce.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I am still trying to figure out what was wrong with the first Crusade. Islam had no right to conquer the Christian holy land, and had nor has any right to control it.

I say we conquer Mecca, hold it for a thousand years, and force everyone to speak Aramaic, and pay special taxes if they are not Christian. While we are at it, force all the attractive women, there will have to be a special committee, to wear dress like strippers.

Oh wait, I think that is the current plan. All is going well.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
These things are really hard to tell. If a Muslim individual commits a violent crime it seems to be automatically considered as religious based terrorism and often receives a large amount of media coverage. On the other hand if a Christian commits a violent crime it's normally considered the act of a lone criminal or lunatic and usually not associated with their religion.

If we applied the same standards to Christian that we put on Muslims for terrorism labeling, we would see rampant Christian terrorism. After all the prisons are full of Christians who committed murder or other violent acts.

No I am not defending either group. People who commit violent acts against others deserve a place in hell.

Very well written!

And the funny thing is when you look at the reports of terrorism - muslims is guilty of only a measly few % of all terrorist attacks around the world.

This is a great article about it:

Europol Report: All Terrorists are Muslims…Except the 99.6% that Aren’t

Europol releases an annual study of terrorism; the results do not support claims that "(nearly) all Muslims are terrorists"

Islamophobes have been popularizing the claim that “not all Muslims are terrorists, but (nearly) all terrorists are Muslims.” Despite this idea becoming axiomatic in some circles, it is quite simply not factual.

In my previous article entitled “All Terrorists are Muslims…Except the 94% that Aren’t”, I used official FBI records to show that only 6% of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil from 1980 to 2005 were carried out by Islamic extremists.

The remaining 94% were from other groups (42% from Latinos, 24% from extreme left wing groups, 7% from extremist Jews, 5% from communists, and 16% from all other groups).

But what about across the pond? The data gathered by Europol strengthens my argument even further. (hat tip: Koppe) Europol publishes an annual report entitled EU Terrorism Situation and Trend Report. On their official website, you can access the reports from 2007, 2008, and 2009. (If anyone can find the reports from earlier than that, please let me know so we can include those as well.)

The results are stark, and prove decisively that not all terrorists are Muslims. In fact, a whopping 99.6% of terrorist attacks in Europe were by non-Muslim groups; a good 84.8% of attacks were from separatist groups completely unrelated to Islam.

Leftist groups accounted for over sixteen times as much terrorism as radical Islamic groups. Only a measly 0.4% of terrorist attacks from 2007 to 2009 could be attributed to extremist Muslims.

Just glancing at those tables is enough to know how absurd it is to claim that “all terrorists are Muslims.” That statement is nowhere near the truth.

Perception is not reality. Due to the right wing’s influence and propaganda, people mistakenly think that Islamic terrorism is the greatest threat to the Western world. It is even a commonly held belief that Islamic terrorism poses an existential threat–that the very survival of the Western world is at stake.

Of course, the reality is that there are other groups that engage in terrorism on a much larger scale, yet these terrorist incidents are minimized. Acts of terrorism committed by Muslims are purposefully sensationalized and focused upon, culminating in the idea that “(nearly) all terrorists are Muslims.”

Terrorism from Islamic extremists is certainly a cause for concern, but it need not be an issue that creates mass hysteria.

Nor should it be allowed to be such a critical issue that we are willing to sacrifice our ideals or civil rights for fear of it. Neither should we be reduced to a status of absolute sissitude.

We have analyzed data from America and Europe (a good portion of the entire Western world), and the threat from Islamic terrorism is much more minimal than commonly assumed; in the U.S., it accounts for 6% of terrorist attacks, and in Europe not even half of a percent.

It is only through sensationalism and fear mongering that the topic of Islamic terrorism is allowed to be used to demonize a religious community that happens to be a minority in the West. When confronted by such lunacy, we ought to respond with the facts and the truth.

(links to the reports and official tables in the link below)

www.loonwatch.com...

Haha! from the site Loonwatch

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
That's sort of hard to believe, especially when Christianity has been commonplace, and in some ways a major factor, in Western society for the past 1500+ years. It just doesn't make any sense that they would have to adapt in the first place.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Seems to me this so called head of Equality is not making equal comparisons.
He should be comparing apples to apples and oranges to orages but instead he conveniently compares intolerant Christians with regular Muslims.

Why not break it all down the middle?
Compare regular Muslims against regular Christians,
intolerant Muslims vs intolerant Christiana
and keep going until he ends up with the radical and fundamental Muslims/Christians.

I'm sure the conclusion will vary greatly.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

But the Jews, OR zionists can do what they want with the holy land? Your only beef is with muslims.

Funny how the crusades was fought against both muslims AND greek orthodox chhristians, I guess they should get some too huh?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I agree with you there. I've admitted countless times that there are a corrupt bunch among the muslim population, but they weren't the subject of that article. lol

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This thread proves that the propaganda has worked. The media, governments and religious leaders have effectively convinced the majority of folks here that we are different and should fear one another.

Now let's fight some more.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Actually, this doesn’t surprise me, the negative response by the religious bigots here on ATS to a positive view of Muslims by someone.

Also, what most don’t understand is that beside the Wahhabi brand of Islam that comes from Saudi Arabia and that is the same brand of the Islamic terrorists—who are certainly sectarian bigots–mainstream Islam is much more liberal and tolerant of other faiths than Christianity. For one thing doctrinally Islam doesn’t teach that people of other faiths will go to hell because they aren’t Muslims, but most protestant Christianity teaches a very sectarian idea that only Christians go to heaven, and up until recently the Catholics taught the same sectarian bigotry. Islam on the other hand teaches that people are judged by God according to their faith and are never condemned to eternal hell because they aren’t Muslims.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yea right.... I'm Tut Ankaman re-animated. No really...... just because you say it or proclaim it, it must be verified before it has credability, or heak this poll could have come from the North Ireland sheep farmers Auxillary.... Polls ans pronouncements are worthless because someone determined can come up with a completly contrary responce. As for Christians, many call themselves Christians, but are far from it, same as Muslums, or Hindu's, or , or , or.....

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Anytime 'God's will' gets involved, the body count goes up.

Which leads an intelligent, compassionate person to realize that 'God' and 'Allah' are complete tools.

If Either side had any integrity whatsoever, they would denounce their brutal, psychopathic 'Gods', and beg humanity for forgiveness.

That won't happen however, as both sides are so certain in their righteousness that they would both rather kill us all than admit that they cannot possibly know the mind of a being of such amazing presence.

'My God is Love, and if you don't get on board, I will be more than happy to kill you for being ignorant of that fact.'

Yep, tools of tools.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Seems to be quite a few militant Christians in the White House these days.

And those militant muslims are simply reacting to the Christian and Jewish oppression of their states and people.

Do you have muslim militias in the US?

Do you have Aryan, white supremecist militias in the US?

When living in the free world those muslims are very peaceful. When oppressed they are militant. Right-wing Christian fanatics are militant no matter what.

Anyone that thinks otherwise has been brainwashed by mainstream media these past decades. Deny Ignorance? Yea, right.

Case closed.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join