It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Intolerant' Christians are more militant than Muslims, says equality chief

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by BattleFieldPredator

You come across as being very racist..

Are you?

Ahh the racist card....

All the man did was state facts and that makes him racist???

Everything he said in his post was true, but I guess that sometimes truth hurts. I have yet to see the Pope (Catholics) or any of the evangelical mega church pastors (Christian) call for the beheading of anyone who doesn’t agree with their philosophy. I have never seen either of the afore mentioned plainly state that it is ok to lie about your faith to infidels if that lie furthers the religious state. I have never seen either of the afore mentioned recruit young confused men and women to blow themselves up in the name of God.

Now before you start calling me a religious zealot, you should know that I do not adhere to ANY form of organized religion, but I’m not blind either. I see the differences and Islam (and other socio-economic factors) breeds extremist. That does not say that Christianity does not have their own brand of crazies, but they stick to taking out abortion doctors. They aren’t trying to subvert the entire world to believe in their faith, nor are they blowing themselves to bits trying to take out their target while killing innocent civilians. Sure, I will concede that this path of action is not peaceful, but you are talking about maybe a group of 500-1000 people at most as opposed to the hundreds of thousands of Islamist Extremists. Both are wrong for what they are doing and I am not condoning the murder of innocents in any form.

Racism? Hardly. Logical thinking? Absolutely!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Very well said.

Europe will end in bloodshed if this plague isn't stopped.
For those who don't believe this, look no further than parts of Sweden, Denmark, Norway and France.
There are certain areas that are more or less no-go zones for non muslims.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by BattleFieldPredator

So Christians are more militant than Muslims???

When was the last Baptist lady you seen strapping herself with explosives and blowing up a tube train? When did you last hear a Catholic call for the beheading of the "Infidels"?

This comment especially made me laugh:

"‘Muslim communities in this country are doing their damnedest to come to terms with their neighbours to try to integrate and they’re doing their best to try to develop an idea of Islam that is compatible with living in a modern liberal democracy."

I do not think this person lives in Britain at all, and if he does then maybe he should start trying to integrate, because like it as not, this country is a Christian country founded on Christian principles, and if he does not like that, then maybe he should go live in an Islamic state.

Failing that, the government could just get rid of this stupid equalities department along with Trev, as they seem to be the biggest part of the problem..

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Both the fundamental extremists in the Muslim community (of which are a minority, the rest are all peaceful) are as damaging as the majority of Christians who seem to be intolerant of other's views and full of bile and hatred.

The only reason they go ignored save for Westboro these days is because society has been taught to despise members of the Islamic faith and that Muslims tend to stick together in their own little communities to avoid the hatred against them even before the War on Terror made them all targets for abuse.

I say this as an agnostic with a Roman Catholic girlfriend and even she agrees with my view as stated above.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

British Muslims support suicide bombing

Then those people are not Muslims as far as I am aware because that goes against one of their core values and beliefs.

It's easy to get stats in the UK, I can go talk to a bunch of drug dealers, who happen to be brown (wow I didn't know...) and hey presto I have an instant piece of spin after talking to a bunch of neanderthals who have no idea what Islam is except for the fact that maybe their parents or their friends practice the religion and they go to the mosques once or twice a year.

Such a pointless debate because you will just be a logger heads with each other, and in this immoral world there is no room for morality and kindness (god).
edit on 20-6-2011 by old_god because: Bush made me do it!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Which 'race' is islam?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7Both the fundamental extremists in the Muslim community (of which are a minority, the rest are all peaceful) are as damaging as the majority of Christians who seem to be intolerant of other's views and full of bile and hatred.

Monthly Jihad Report
May, 2011
Jihad Attacks: 165
Countries: 18
Religions: 5
Dead Bodies: 793
Critically Injured: 1606

Can you please point me to the 'extremist Christians' record of atrocities to support your claim?
edit on 20-6-2011 by loOranks because: not sure...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by BattleFieldPredator

So Christians are more militant than Muslims???

When was the last Baptist lady you seen strapping herself with explosives and blowing up a tube train? When did you last hear a Catholic call for the beheading of the "Infidels"?

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

When everyone's favourite President, George W. Bush, called the wars in the Middle East a "Crusade".

And the simple fact is they dont need people to strap bombs to their bodies. They just use Artillery, Warships, and "precision" Air Strikes. Pretty dumb to get your troops to become suicide bombers, when they have the technology to bomb enemies from afar.

But I guess you didn't think about that in your little rant.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Taz2122

Thanks Taz,

I just cant let someone spread that kind of idiocy without confronting it. There was nothing but accusational falsehoods in his statements and it is that kind of thinking that will have us all kneeling five times a day or beheaded. People have got to wake up and realize that Islam is NOT a race. It is NOT a government. It IS a life philosophy that actually does not agree with Western idology and it intends to spread its message of complete religious intolerance across the globe. Coming soon to a back yard near you!

I love bacon so I could never convert. They will have to kill me.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Guess someone hasn't heard of the Crusades. Pretty dumb considering there were at least 10 of them, not including George W. Bush's supposed Crusade.

And last time I checked, the first 9 Crusades the Pope did call for his enemies heads. Way to disregard History.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I wouldn't mention idiocy when you can't even remember History.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TerribleTeam2

What do the crusades have to do with 21st century multi-culturalism?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by BattleFieldPredator

You come across as being very racist..

Are you?

Its not racist to speak up when this is their NWO ploy and NWO proponents love SHARIA. Christians don't have to assimulate, they are the foundation of the society, and do they speak out against corruption, injustice and inequality first, is that what he meant when he said that?

Sharia is something that must be wiped from this plantet, and its not racist to say that. All inequality, control and abuse of women and children,and men, control of what they wear or dress, and theocracies are EVIL.

Its not racist to speak truth.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
OMG, the Christians think they're right, are anti-abortion, and believe gays should not marry. Totally more militant than Islam!

The statistics say the contrary.

link   

Originally posted by TerribleTeam2

I wouldn't mention idiocy when you can't even remember History.

speak for yourself calling people idiots when you are comparing crusades to modern day, like was stated before and shall be repeated again for people like you who cannot read the whole thread.....

while other religions including Christianity have come OUT of the dark ages, the muslim religion still seems to be operating in the same manner........

This is 2011 not the crusades............

link   
This is propaganda and some deliberate attempt to recomment facism. Sharia is fascism.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TerribleTeam2

Ohhhh here we go again....Lets use an argument for something that happened centuries ago to validate something that is happening currently! Yeah!

Just in case you have forgotten, Christianity and Catholicism has evolved and grown out of that cespool you call the crusades. Now lets try to be a little more grown up and put history into a proper timeline concept. You can not validate Todays Muslim Extremist with Christians/Catholics from centuries ago. That would be like saying Aircraft today suck because the Wright Brothers plane could barely get off the ground...

edit on 20-6-2011 by DerbyCityLights because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by loOranks

Well considering Muslims and Christians have been at each others throats for almost 1000 years now (1st Crusade was in 1095), it has EVERYTHING to do with it.

Do you really think 2 groups that have been warring for almost 1000 years will forget History, and go "OHLULZ HAI U R 1337 LETS BE MADBRO'S!!!!!111111"

I highly bloody doubt it. As the saying goes - "If you forget the crimes of the past, you are doomed to repeat them".

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

See my post above. And Christianity hasn't moved on. If they had, George Bush wouldn't have called the current wars in the Middle East a "Crusade".

But you keep your ignorance and stupidity going. Because when the rest of humanity finally moves forward, you will be left behind.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Ohhhh here we go again....Lets use an argument for something that happened centuries ago to validate something that is happining currently! Yeah!

yes this kind of thinking would be akin to them saying that since the US was taken by settlers, that it is acceptable that my family and other people of native american dissent should attack innocent people of the US.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerribleTeam2

See my post above. And Christianity hasn't moved on. If they had, George Bush wouldn't have called the current wars in the Middle East a "Crusade".

But you keep your ignorance and stupidity going. Because when the rest of humanity finally moves forward, you will be left behind.

LMAO your excuse is "George Bush" wait a minute now, you liberals were the first to say that America wasnt founded as a "christian' nation...........so which is it? you cant have it both ways to facilitate your arguments

Such a straw man arguement it barely even deserves a response

P.s. definition of crusade ": a remedial enterprise undertaken with zeal and enthusiasm"

Associating the term "crusade" to ONLY religion is willful ignorance in its highest form.......

You have shown your cards sir.........
edit on 20-6-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join