It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Intolerant' Christians are more militant than Muslims, says equality chief

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

'Intolerant' Christians are more militant than Muslims, says equality chief

www.dailymail.co.uk

Christians are more militant than Muslims in complaining about discrimination, the head of Britain’s equality watchdog has claimed.

Trevor Phillips said Muslims are better at integrating into society, while Christians often complain about bias for cynical political gains.

Mr Phillips, the head of the Equality and Human Rights Commission, blamed the increasing influence on mainstream churches of African and Caribbean immigrants with ‘intolerant’ views.

In contrast, he said Muslims ‘are doing their damnedest’ to develop ‘an idea of Islam that is compatible with living in a m
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 6/20/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: title to same as source

+26 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
So Christians are more militant than Muslims???

When was the last Baptist lady you seen strapping herself with explosives and blowing up a tube train? When did you last hear a Catholic call for the beheading of the "Infidels"?

This comment especially made me laugh:

"‘Muslim communities in this country are doing their damnedest to come to terms with their neighbours to try to integrate and they’re doing their best to try to develop an idea of Islam that is compatible with living in a modern liberal democracy."

I do not think this person lives in Britain at all, and if he does then maybe he should start trying to integrate, because like it as not, this country is a Christian country founded on Christian principles, and if he does not like that, then maybe he should go live in an Islamic state.

Failing that, the government could just get rid of this stupid equalities department along with Trev, as they seem to be the biggest part of the problem..

www.dailymail.co.uk

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by BattleFieldPredator

"‘Muslim communities in this country are doing their damnedest to come to terms with their neighbours to try to integrate and they’re doing their best to try to develop an idea of Islam that is compatible with living in a modern liberal democracy."

O really? And what about this:
Police 'covered up' violent campaign to turn London area 'Islamic'.

Liberal democrats to the heart are those muslims, yeah

edit on 20/6/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

You come across as being very racist..

Are you?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
So if one Muslim is a suicide bomber the whole Muslim population must be bad? He is saying that Muslim community's are trying hard to fit into a modern society which I have no doubt they are. I'm really not seeing much wrong with his article and you are definetly taking things a bit out of context.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Typical

Why am I racist?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by BattleFieldPredator

So Christians are more militant than Muslims???

When was the last Baptist lady you seen strapping herself with explosives and blowing up a tube train? When did you last hear a Catholic call for the beheading of the "Infidels"?

This comment especially made me laugh:

I do not think this person lives in Britain at all, and if he does then maybe he should start trying to integrate, because like it as not, this country is a Christian country founded on Christian principles, and if he does not like that, then maybe he should go live in an Islamic state.

Failing that, the government could just get rid of this stupid equalities department along with Trev, as they seem to be the biggest part of the problem..

www.dailymail.co.uk

How many Iraqi and Afghan soldiers are helping the occupation of Great Britian?

How many Palestinian-manufactured weapons are being used against the civilians in the occupied territories of Leeds and Cornwall?

Remember when Saudi Arabia split up the United kingdom between artificial monarchs, then gave Wales to the Germans?

...Oh right.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Actually, he is trying to marginalize Christians in their own country, and separate them from the populace, and promote Islam a paradigm of tolerance and liberalism..... I think not!

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Stay on topic

This is not about faux history and stupid comparisons

Its about a government department that has done more to polarize British society than anything, and some of the idiots that run it...

I would like to see them get proper jobs

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

reply to post by kro32

Actually, he is trying to marginalize Christians in their own country, and separate them from the populace, and promote Islam a paradigm of tolerance and liberalism..... I think not!

This is just a guy's opinion and not based in any type of fact and he's not claiming that it is so I think your really making a mountain out of a mole hill here. He's also blaming African and Carribean churches for the majority of it in his third paragraph.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

How many Iraqi and Afghan soldiers are helping the occupation of Great Britian?

Oh yeah, so muslims have a right to be extremists, because we "occupy" their countries? Nevermind the fact that "occupation" of Afghanistan was a liberation from medieval extremist regime, nevermind the fact that majority of afghans living in cities (not rural brainwashed extremists) support coalition forces over Taliban rule. Nevermind the fact that Taliban rule was in fact a foreign occupation, and contrary to our "occupation", against the will of the majority.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Are you?

Islam is not a race, and I dont see any racism at all in that post.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Typical

Why am I racist?

I have no idea, that's why I asked..

Why are you racist??

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

"If you have nothing to say. say nothing."

Stop trolling this thread.

Maybe you should apply for a post at Trevor Phillips QUANGO... Then you can get paid exorbitant amounts for doing nothing but calling people racists, sexist, homophobe, Insert "phobe" or "ist" (at the poor British taxpayer expense of course)...

You seem very good at it!

link   
I'm not a religious person, but I know for a fact the Church of England is a very benign denomination when it comes to religion, they are even allowing Gay Bishops now, which is long overdue but still a positive step. I think the church of England is probably one of the least militant of the religious denominations. It has had to accept the influences of the modern world to try and maintain an ever dwindling congregation.

I can't speak for the militancy of other religions, I've never had a muslim knock on my door and try and convert me, That can not be said for the African and Caribbean Pentecostal churches in London, who came around most weekends trying to convince me the bible was the most "scientific" document on Earth.

+2 more 
link   

Are you?

You come across as being very much of an apologist, I've noticed. Perhaps you are Muslim yourself, which would make your bias more understandable, but trolling around and calling people racist while providing no strong argumentation is rather pathetic.

Islamic extremism does not exist, it's all Western BS; Muslims are peaceful.

Yes, they are - at least the vast majority is but unlike any other religion, Islam is followed by a very substantial group of people that condone and promote radical and violent views. You can deny such a phenomena, but the fact is that there have been a large number of terrorist attacks in the name of Islam and I strongly doubt you can show me an equally long list of terrorist attacks and killings in the name of Christianity, but hey, I suppose denying such a problem exists is easier if that's what you want to believe.

edit on 20-6-2011 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Hey, it's you that brought up bombings and beheadings like that's somehow the norm for ALL Muslims..

Sounds like a racist view to me..

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yeah, that would get my goat too..

I do not live in London, but up north we do not get any of that.. Just the odd window salesman, and homicidal taxi driver.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

but the fact is that there have been a large number of terrorist attacks in the name of Islam and I strongly doubt you can show me an equally long list of terrorist attacks and killings in the name of Christianity, but hey, I suppose denying such a problem exists is easier if that's what you want to believe.

Umm, try Iraq,Afghanistan,Yemen and next probably Pakistan or Iran..

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Hey, it's you that brought up bombings and beheadings like that's somehow the norm for ALL Muslims..

Sounds like a racist view to me..

Typical back in black.........dunno are you Muslim?

Heres the thing.......Muslim isnt a race so its not racism........but nice drop trying to paint someone as something they arent .....

ive noticed a lot of extremist sypmathizers using this tacting.......one even told me out right "Well I know its not racism but it drives home my point"

Give me a break........Im WHITE and i could be muslim.......the only reason you are calling him a racist is because you really have no arguement to his point......

Sure there are some crazy christians out there.......but there arent the amount of em out there doing what the extremist muslims are doing........
edit on 20-6-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join