It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Intolerant' Christians are more militant than Muslims, says equality chief

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

But hey, being that Muslims see Christ as a Prophet, they won't mind when we take over Mecca, and give back the love.

That statement sounds like something a 4th grader would say. "They started it so we're gonna take over the playground!!"

Clearly there is no sense of "all getting along" in your mind. You're more worried about "revenge" or "retaliation" then building bridges.

Divide and conquer, you are a SERIOUS victim of the system.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

Are you daft, or just extremely short sighted?

Christians have claimed as many souls as Muslims.

Don't pretend that Christians are soo much more civilized than Muslims.

That's dishonest.

Perhaps you should consider a God that doesn't require any bloodshed at all.

That will do more to lead extremists away from the dynamite vests than any revision of history you can possibly think of.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I would say a tip is better than a gentle beating as the Muslim Iman's preach. That is alright, keep talking out the backside. We hear your message.

Ah, so do you cover yourself in the Muslim tradition as well? Saw a Muslim guy out with his wife the other day, both dressed nicely in traditional wear, head covering and all. Now that I respect.

When boys are harassing girls for not wearing the hijab, then it is a symbol of oppression, and you might want to admit that is how people see it. It is essentially like people wearing a swastika. How do I make the comparison? Because the Taliban murders school girls for going to school. Because of the honor killings. Because of the gang rapes. Because Imans teaching boys that non-Muslim women are whores. Because stupid comments like yours on strippers.

Everytime non-Muslims see the Hijab, it is a tiny little slap, and a tiny little notch up the ole hatred ladder. But hey, why should Muslims do anything to ease the tension. It is all our fault, right?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Everytime I hear a Muslim talk about Zionism, that is what it sounds like to me, a 4th grader talking.

I just switched the statement around so you could hear what I hear.

The problem is that things are getting to the point where there is no getting along. Islam pushes and pushes and pushes, and when non-Muslims push back, Muslims cry foul.

I am actually a moderate on the subject. I am trying to give you some good advice.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
So if one Muslim is a suicide bomber the whole Muslim population must be bad? He is saying that Muslim community's are trying hard to fit into a modern society which I have no doubt they are. I'm really not seeing much wrong with his article and you are definetly taking things a bit out of context.

Not been to Dewsbury recently have you ! Integrate my a.se.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I would say a tip is better than a gentle beating as the Muslim Iman's preach. That is alright, keep talking out the backside. We hear your message.

Ah, so do you cover yourself in the Muslim tradition as well? Saw a Muslim guy out with his wife the other day, both dressed nicely in traditional wear, head covering and all. Now that I respect.

When boys are harassing girls for not wearing the hijab, then it is a symbol of oppression, and you might want to admit that is how people see it. It is essentially like people wearing a swastika. How do I make the comparison? Because the Taliban murders school girls for going to school. Because of the honor killings. Because of the gang rapes. Because Imans teaching boys that non-Muslim women are whores. Because stupid comments like yours on strippers.

Everytime non-Muslims see the Hijab, it is a tiny little slap, and a tiny little notch up the ole hatred ladder. But hey, why should Muslims do anything to ease the tension. It is all our fault, right?

1) The word for a community leader is IMAM not IMAN. Iman means faith.

2) Just like there is not traditional way of dressing for women, same goes for men. A hijab is something like shoes, should be worn, but it doesn't matter if they're nike, reebok, etc. There are only a few guidlines for dress, not "traditional clothing". Some muslims may CHOOSE to dress in the ARAB tradition, but that is the ARAB tradition, and that doesn't make it "islamic". Clothing that is not revealing and does not show hug a womans figure isn't hard to come by in any tradition.

You know, I'll agree with you, it is a "slap" and a "notch up the ole hatred ladder", because women who weren't raised muslim, who became muslim, and started covering, will always tell you that they HATED being objectified because of their legs, or their figure, or their hair, or whatever else. Yet people like you think women who DON'T like being objectified and don't see being daisy dukes as the way to express their freedom, should change the way they do things. Why does being in short shorts equal freedom, but being covered does not?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jimnuggits

That will do more to lead extremists away from the dynamite vests than any revision of history you can possibly think of.

Hasn't worked so far, what makes you think it will work in the future?

Europe gave Muslims shelter from the brutal Muslim regimes that control the Muslim countries, and they see now how they are being repaid.
edit on 20-6-2011 by poet1b because: typo

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
that is crap.

yeah i didnt see too many christians spitting on returning uk troops

but what i did see alot of were muslims

i dont see alot of chirstians beheading blowing themsevles up and the list of other things that "miliant" "muslims" are doing.

that was a joke.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I think you come across as the racist one. Just my opinion though.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Judging by this thread most of you are extremist in nature, religious or not. I have a part time catholic mother in law who is extremist too, all she does is make comments about Paki's (sorry no offence intended, but many ppl still talk like that, but not around them lol,...) every time i'm over there. I don't judge all catholics based on her stupid narrow minded self righteous attitude. I'd say society in general is intolerant!

ETA: that hate filled mother inlaw is a terrorist in a different way imho, spewing hate and racist garbage all the time, monster in law with 2 inches of warpaint can't even hide her true colors..
edit on 20-6-2011 by dl2one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Guess you weren't around for the Crusades, or the Inquisition.

It's just like our politics.

Two (or three) sides take turns between being the victim and the oppressor, But its all just a shell game.

There is no GOD in ANY of these books.

They are words.

Fallible, multi meaning, human expressions.

Today, Muslims play the 'terrorists' and Christians the 'oppressed'.

Tomorrow, a whole new paradigm where it's you versus me.

It's all an illusion, created to distract you from the fact that you are doing someone else's dirty work.

Praise God, Praise Allah, Pass the Ammunition.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by premierepastimes
reply to post by backinblack

I think you come across as the racist one. Just my opinion though.

I don't think he is racist, I think the words most people are looking for is terrorist sympathizer, god hater, liberal, idiot, and every other bad word that people like to use on the internet, all safe behind their spittle covered monitors from yelling at their computer screens. Personally I'd love to go for a cup a joe or a left handed cigarette with this terrorist sympathizing anti american bla bla bla guy, he sounds pretty damned sane to me

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

ATTENTION, Please Read this Reminder....

Please discuss the topic civilly.
This thread in Conspiracies in Religion applies here, too.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That means no belittling, off topic posts, .casting aspersions on another's character, talking down to other members, harassing or ridiculing others.

Further such remarks can and will result in post removals and/or warnings including temporary posting bans.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

MOD NOTE: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

Trolling, And What To Do About It

Posting Jokes, Ridiculing, Making Fun of Others in Threads...

YOU are responsible for your own posts
edit on Mon Jun 20 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by TerribleTeam2
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

I wouldn't mention idiocy when you can't even remember History.

speak for yourself calling people idiots when you are comparing crusades to modern day, like was stated before and shall be repeated again for people like you who cannot read the whole thread.....

while other religions including Christianity have come OUT of the dark ages, the muslim religion still seems to be operating in the same manner........

This is 2011 not the crusades............

Uhh, yea it is, instead of iron maidens we got guantanamo, don't need shackles anymore cause you can be tracked just about anywhere, seperation of church and state??? lol

But not in your worldview, *shrug*

edit on 20-6-2011 by dl2one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

No, a hijab is nothing like shoes, and the only reason they are worn is as a symbol of a woman's servitude towards men. Women the wold over wear shoes, they do not wear the hijab out of choice, the hijab looks ugly. A woman does not need to wear such an ugly thing to dress modestly, and you fool no one by claiming this. I suspect that the only women who wear them, are women conditioned to hate themselves, by a religion that teaches that women are inferior.

Yet people like you think women who DON'T like being objectified and don't see being daisy dukes as the way to express their freedom, should change the way they do things. Why does being in short shorts equal freedom, but being covered does not?

Do you guys all follow the same play book? Personally, I think women who have to show it off typically have problems. You know nothing about what I like in how a woman dresses. You are only projecting on to me, in that you think women must cover themselves from head to toe, or dress like strippers, and there is no inbetween. Guess what, there is a whole vast territory inbetween.

By the way, there is nothing modest about a woman walking around in a hijab in a western nation. When it comes to grabbing attention, she might as well be walking around dressed like a stripper. People in the western world think the same thing about women who cover themselves from head to toe, and women who dress like strippers, "poor thing, her papa must have really screwed her up".

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The problem is that, every muslim I have ever met in America is welcoming, open minded, and friendly, unfortunately the only muslims that most Americans are familiar with are the small percentage that are ignorant and angry, thanks to the media.

edit: enlarged the percentage amount, because, similarly to Christianity, its realistic to say that a larger amount of muslims are fundamentalists as well
edit on 20-6-2011 by beansanmash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

Originally posted by wcitizen
OP. It's good to hear someone speaking common sense about this at last.

Common sense isn't so common anymore.

You're right. Perhaps it should be called uncommon sense nowadays! It's a rare and precious commodity.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

No, a hijab is nothing like shoes, and the only reason they are worn is as a symbol of a woman's servitude towards men. Women the wold over wear shoes, they do not wear the hijab out of choice, the hijab looks ugly. A woman does not need to wear such an ugly thing to dress modestly, and you fool no one by claiming this. I suspect that the only women who wear them, are women conditioned to hate themselves, by a religion that teaches that women are inferior.

There's several reasons that the hijab is worn. I believe one is as a symbol of obedience towards allah, but not specifically men. There is definately something in there regarding modesty though.

Im sure there's a significant number of women who, from experience of living in western countries, feel that there should be a choice, but this does not mean that all muslim women feel the same.
Its just an unfortunate clashing of muslim beliefs and western society. Neither is in the right or wrong here, especially when you consider that at one point women weren't even allowed to vote. The only issues as I see it are that religion is substantially more inflexible than western society is, and the media over here love to covertly incite hate by highlighting these clashes in belief's whenever possible.

Also, whether you believe they are ugly or not is irrelevant, they arent there to be a fashion statement.

By the way, there is nothing modest about a woman walking around in a hijab in a western nation. When it comes to grabbing attention, she might as well be walking around dressed like a stripper. People in the western world think the same thing about women who cover themselves from head to toe, and women who dress like strippers, "poor thing, her papa must have really screwed her up".

Oh I do love a good generalisation! Not ALL 'western people' think that at all. Or at least I hope they dont. Its a very sad world we're living in if the majority, out of pure ignorance, form an opinion on someones religion based on opinionated media outlets.
edit on 20/Jun/2011 by Bluebelle because: I cant spell, or type a sentence out correctly

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

Are you daft, or just extremely short sighted?

Christians have claimed as many souls as Muslims.

Don't pretend that Christians are soo much more civilized than Muslims.

That's dishonest.

Perhaps you should consider a God that doesn't require any bloodshed at all.

We have a God that doesn't require bloodshed. Once Jesus was crucified that all ended.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join