It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is for you "men" out there

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Happy Fathers Day!!
I am not a father, but my best friend is. He has a wonderful little girl, she is two years old. She is the most beautiful girl in the world, and sharp as a tack. I have never met a child that young, that could articulate herself so well. Her cousin is the same age as her, and can barely speak correctly. All the power to you! You sound like a great father, and regardless of what these trolls say, you will always remain one.

I do not have children, i cannot wait to have one though. And regardless of how you worded the post, its the other peoples issue if they want to get touchy. I think your doing a bang-up job, and she will remember those kinds of moments forever.

And to all you trolls out there, talking about how this is "not manly" and the topic of manliness, you 'guys' can eff off. There is no 'masculinity' or 'femininity', Everyone is a mixture of both, men like the op are more in touch with their femanine side, like me, and are generally a lot happier (so i've noticed from people around me), then people who try to fit into the mold of 'being a man'. I am a man, a young man, still learning the ropes. Its just a label, just be yourself, regardless of how 'manly' yourself is.

Good parenting OP, I've met some really terrible parents, i may not be a parent. But the parental instinct is in me, and i know what is wrong and what is not. You're doing it right!
edit on 19/6/11 by AzureSky because: As a note, the people here who are ripping you up on your parenting, probably aren't parents themselves, so their opinions are moot.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Some of the people in this thread are just a bunch of unhappy malcontents seeking to make themselves feel better about their masculinity by putting down the OP.

It's pathetic. A man shows some love for his daughter and people wanna tear that down. This is why ATSers should never seek to get to know other posters or open up about anything personal. There's always a plethora of internet A-hole's seeking to tear someone down because their lives are just that pathetic.

No. The OP is a troll. His post was all about himself and how such a great father he is. He sickens me.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

I can't believe you just wrote that. She needs to be allowed to be a kid. If her Father is willing to go through with that then more power to him. Life lessons come with time and experience. Your remark was one of someone that cares nothing for children or has never experienced that bond.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Well genius, he was referring to what other males thought. Not what he thought. That was someone elses masculinity being threatened.

* Actually. it was a reply from someone else. on a post he was working on. Learn to read.
edit on 19/6/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
Well genius, he was referring to what other males thought. Not what he thought. That was someone elses masculinity being threatened.

Are you really that dense? Really? No wonder you have no kids.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 0288796

Really, for the life of me I don't see where there is any actual crossdressing going on here. I don't think that anyone seeing me like that would believe I'm, doing as such

As for as cross dressing to be a real man, i never said anything of sort. perhaps so lessons in the english language might aide a few here.

Aren't the titles of posts suppose to grab attention to the body of the post? The post was to all but because someone said a real man wouldn't my point was indeed they would. If you happen to be offended, well, sorry to say but that's all you buddy

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

* Actually. it was a reply from someone else. on a post he was working on. Learn to read.

You answered my question. You really are that dense. Let me explain this to you
1) OP posted in a thread that he was having his toes painted
2) Someone thought the OP was a woman
3) OP stated he was a man not a woman
4) The other guy told him I'm a man, that would never happen to me
5) OP came here to make his feel good thread
edit on 19-6-2011 by 0288796 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Happy Father's day to you and kudos!

Been there,done that,and still doing it.
And it is all coming to an end some cause she is (my daughter) turning 13.
But I still have my son who is nine ,and for fathers day I got an inflatable boat
for my pool,and when I'm in it he insist there is a terrorists on it and is gonna sink it!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam
reply to post by 0288796

Really, for the life of me I don't see where there is any actual crossdressing going on here. I don't think that anyone seeing me like that would believe I'm, doing as such

As for as cross dressing to be a real man, i never said anything of sort. perhaps so lessons in the english language might aide a few here.

Aren't the titles of posts suppose to grab attention to the body of the post? The post was to all but because someone said a real man wouldn't my point was indeed they would. If you happen to be offended, well, sorry to say but that's all you buddy

It's all good what you do with you daughter and I find no fault with it (not that it matters what I think). But none of what you've done makes you a real man. Wait until you have to handle unimaginable adversity...when it's not about how people will look at you...when it's about how you handle a potentially life altering event...or when you have no choice but to break your little girls heart and have to fight back your tears. I don't mean to sound rude, but you get no kudos from me for doing exactly what your daughter wants.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
REMINDER!!!
ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics....this means no attacking other members.....no calling other members names or focusing on them. Stick to the topic and the topic only.

If the thread does not stay civil there is possibility of posting bans being handed out and possible thread closure!
edit on June 19th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
That's Great Dad!! S & F. You are really being a Dad and a true friend for your daughter. Needs lot of courage and conviction to walk out with polished nails. Your daughter is a lucky girl to have a dad like you. Happy Father's Day!!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Welcome to the internet!
Where people think they know what they're talking about, and make uninformed assumptions on topics.

Kudos OP, be the light of her life forever.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 0288796

No see, I never said anything to the poster about me being a man, in fact, I wondered why a "real man" his words wouldn't do something like that if he actually loved his daughter.

So am I butching her out when we hike to the top of camelback or squaw peak here in phoenix? Am I turning her into a nerd when we go looking for ants to fill her ant farm?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam
reply to post by 0288796

No see, I never said anything to the poster about me being a man, in fact, I wondered why a "real man" his words wouldn't do something like that if he actually loved his daughter.

So am I butching her out when we hike to the top of camelback or squaw peak here in phoenix? Am I turning her into a nerd when we go looking for ants to fill her ant farm?

I have no idea what you're talking about now. That guy in the other thread wrote this:

"I'm a man, that would never happen to me"

Where did he write real man?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

Indeed, I can relate, my friend. I too, am a single father of two. My boy, 11 and my daughter, 8.

Life is definitely a ride full of new challenges for all of us. It is also an experience that I can never regret nor forget. Props for stepping up to the plate.

Sacrificing as we do, for the ones we are responsible for gives us great insight, and continuously reminds us off the simple things to which we are so very grateful.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

s and f!
Happy fathers day, I wish my daughter had a dad like you, hell I wish I had a dad like you! Keep up the good work!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Attention

Those of you derailing the subject of the OP and attempting to crucify him for being himself need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

Is there really anything wrong with letting a child be a child? At what point does one finally have to let go of their conceived perception of reality and allow others to act as they wish without assaulting them?

It is quite apparent the majority of posters on this thread understand that OP is a completely great person, with a big heart and a unconditional love for his daughter. You should all understand this, and accept that it is complete divinity in which no doctrine can teach, it is the voice of his soul and he is listening to it. I think many of these negative posters could learn from the OP a great deal about their own insecurities and egotistical rampages.

How is it even possible for you posters to attack the OP? How do you sleep at night?

You individuals are the exact thing you despise, you are the NWO, you are the Illuminati, and you should wake up and smell the coffee. Stop living in your shells.

OP, you are a completely great person and I will ensure to follow through as you have in my future children's development.

edit on 19-6-2011 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join