It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is for you "men" out there

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderjack
Most of them are latent homosexuals who have never been a real fight much less ever done anything as remotely noble as being a good dad.

edit on 19-6-2011 by traderjack because: (no reason given)

Not to derail, but what do you consider a real fight?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
you should have had a boy, he gives me trucks to take with me places. and we hunt spiders and pee on plants together. im afraid to have another child cuz im afraid it will be a chick.

i apologize for the insensitive nature of my comments. but its how i feel

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderjack

Real men watch "My little Pony" with their daughters. (They don't pick fights with some guy being a good dad)
S&F You rock OP.
edit on 19-6-2011 by traderjack because: (no reason given)

Real men do whatever the hell they want and do not need to watch"My little Pony" with their daughters to be considered real men. And wearing make up or nail polish doesn't make you a real man, which is what the OP was trying to imply.

Oh, I'm still trying to figure out what made you think to be considered a real man you need to watch "My little Pony" with your daughter, I mean, not every man has a daughter or a son.
edit on 19-6-2011 by AalphaA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 0288796

He (OP) never said HE was more of a man, just that he was comfortable in his masculinity to go outside the house however his daughter styled him. I SAID he was more of a man because of this.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

Cool, bro!
Little girls need to be allowed to pretend and dress up. And daddy's should amuse them like you do. I know, I raised three girls and now, 3 granddaughters.

Sorry you had to work such long hours today. But, real men do that for their families.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

I did in fact say in the OP that this,was a response in another thread that a real man wouldn't do that. I was not stroking my ego, I have no need for that I'm much to told to give a rats rear about my ego. Nor was I calling anyone out for not doing it. I said and I will say this again is a real man unable to do things that my be uncofortable for the delight of a small girl? Why do I let her? Maybe its because the only child in the entire complex, maybe its because it really doesn't bother me if she paints my toenails since I wear work boots most of the time, or just maybe its something to pass the time when its 118 in shade and she wants to be inside hanging with her very old father

Ex

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Some of the comments on this beautiful thread , sound like folks that have never had children .

That said, I would also like to add that my children lost their Dad when they were 4 and 9
and sent me Happy Father's Day messages today........
I said " Does my new haircut make me look butch " and they said..

" I did both roles well, and deserved the credit!"

Love my Guys!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I've got two girls of my own. One Saturday night I had to pull out the sewing machine to repair a barbie doll's dress. As a Dad, you do what you gotta do sometimes; because ya love em!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stevooo

Well I had three boys and my first (and probably only grandchild) is a beautiful sweet just turned ten year old little lady (please do not use the term chick).

My son would never wear finger nail polish or dress up with her, but hey, that's what I'm here for - L comes over and it's spa time

For Halloween my son bought her an angel costume........she cried to me over the phone, "Grandma I don't want to be an angel, I want to be Bella (from Twilight)............well grandma to the rescue, she would have put Kristen Stewart to shame. I quick ran up to Target got a on sale black lacy layered dress, black and silver shiny hose, black sequenced shoes and used my really good make up, light gray eye shadow, pale wine lipstick, mineral white (lightly brushed) and black mascara. When she turned around and looked in the mirror she said, "Oh Grannie, I look so beautiful, you knew exactly what was in my heart"..........I will treasure that afternoon for the rest of my days. I was able to make her dreams come true.

When she comes over, we do our nails, I love doing her finger and toe nails. We do hair, shop, watch "Happily Ever After" with Drew Barrymore and 50 First Dates with Drew B, Anne of Green Gables, discuss values and choices and changing bodies..........she wasn't real thrilled when I told her about her monthly visitor. We play Bookworm (Pop Cap Game worth getting for a boy or girl), scrabble, she's a wiz at poker.........

That is what Grandmas are for.................my son is divorced and while my grand daughter's mother isn't talking to her about the important stuff, my son tries but with the "girly stuff' it's beyond him so his fiance and me, the Paternal Grandma make up for it.

I even got her a basket with beautiful pink ribbons called the "From little girl to woman rite of passage basket" with deodorant, pads, light lip gloss (natural), fingernail polish (she is like me and likes Nubar Iced Licorice), bras, books on "The Care and Keeping of You", star shaped sun glasses, a new bathing suit (one piece), a brush and comb set, perfumed soap and an electric toothbrush.

My grand daughter is taking after me, she just turned ten in late April but already the training bras I got her aren't sufficient (and she is tall and bone thin)............oh she is such a cutie pie.

I love my three sons, but sons seem to for the most part as they grow up get their own life and parents usually are a after thought....................the daughter never forgets. The daughter usually always remembers dad.

My grand daughter called me today and asked how soon can she move out of her mother's house (that's a long sad story).

I told her, probably when you are 18.

She said, "Well I can always move into my room at your house or with Papa and my almost stepmother (who she adores). "If I moved in with you and Grandpa I could help you guys out cause you'll really be old than and will need someone to cut the lawn and stuff".

Yes I love my sons, but my grand daughter was more mature at six than my three sons were at 12.................sorry I mean no disrespect but that was my own experience.

Don't forget, if you do have a daughter, to include your mom and dad..............the paternal grand parents.

We're crazy about our grand daughter. I wish her mother (who divorced my son) would allow us to see her more, but she is hanging her own self with her hateful attitude.

My son, her father says he is able to really carry on very meaningful conversations with her, she is mature and they have a very close bond because my son was the one who cared for her when she was a infant as my ex daughter in law was too busy after work going to school and helping her brother with his Kareokee business.

ps: She loves to go fishing, absolutely adores go carting
and shoots a mean game of pool.

While she is a girly girl, she prides herself on being able to do anything a boy can do. My son says even if he never has a son, his daughter means everything to him, he says he had no idea he could love anyone so much.

Happy Father's Day............and make sure you call your father and grandfather if they are still around.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a2f51d00779a.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 19-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Some of the people in this thread are just a bunch of unhappy malcontents seeking to make themselves feel better about their masculinity by putting down the OP.

It's pathetic. A man shows some love for his daughter and people wanna tear that down. This is why ATSers should never seek to get to know other posters or open up about anything personal. There's always a plethora of internet A-hole's seeking to tear someone down because their lives are just that pathetic.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tom goose

Tom Goose that is so sad. I advise you go buy Chutes and Ladders quick and play a marathon one day. Laugh and let go. It is good for the soul!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Again, this is not about the time the OP spends with his daughter or what he does with her during that time. It is about the fact that he feels he's being slighted and jeered when he chooses to cross dress in public for his daughter. The OP is no better than the people who jeer him because he came here with the attitude that a 'real man" would cross dress for his daughter, and placed digs that the mantle of manhood has been set (cross dressing). It has nothing to do with the time he spends with her. His masculinity has been attacked in public and it stings him obviously. He came here to reclaim what he lost in the real world (although he shouldn't let those people upset him if he's truly confident in himself). Heck, he even stated he made a couple of dates out of this.

What I do with my child does not make me any better than anyone else. Also, if you choose to not do with your child what I do with mine, it doesn't make you any less of a man...and certainly doesn't mean you're not a real man.

OP, do what you want to do. But don't think you're better than any other father. You're not talking about donating a kidney here. I'm just glad that my father and myself don't need the internet to make us feel better about ourselves.

FTR, my child and I spent the morning making pasta and gravy and spent late afternoon eating it. Doesn't make me a great father... just made me there with him.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Good on you.

I have two boys & a girl (now grown) and have always regretted being the breadwinner and so didn't spend as much time with them as I would have liked.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I do this every day of my girls lives. Not just today.
-second line-

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Some of the people in this thread are just a bunch of unhappy malcontents seeking to make themselves feel better about their masculinity by putting down the OP.

It's pathetic. A man shows some love for his daughter and people wanna tear that down. This is why ATSers should never seek to get to know other posters or open up about anything personal. There's always a plethora of internet A-hole's seeking to tear someone down because their lives are just that pathetic.

I think he's great and a role model for many. Sounds to me like he's a better father than most women are mothers.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I found it interesting that Aleister Crowley the most evil man on the planet became relatively more sober when he became a father. I guess fatherhood makes a man connect with humanity.
en.wikipedia.org...

re. "eccentric" behavior of parents.
Everyone of us has a secret which could cause others to feel a sense of abhorrence. Live and let live. There is no such thing as a "normal" parent. As long as the parent prepares the child to fit in with the environment when they become an adult i.e. Darwin`s survival of the fittest, then that for me is by definition a successful parent.
edit on 19-6-2011 by dr treg because: Addition

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Marking a day towards celebrating something that should in effect be celebrated everyday, just as every other 'holiday' should be is rather mundane.. To attach a word to one day a year to worship fathers or mothers.

With that said, if you see My father, kick him in the nuts for me. Yes, I jelly and biased. You jelly?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Ha ha ha I love stories like this great job man! We need more like you who don't care about what others think. Your daughter is lucky girl keep up the good work!.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam
reply to post by FoxStriker

I did in fact say in the OP that this,was a response in another thread that a real man wouldn't do that. I was not stroking my ego, I have no need for that I'm much to told to give a rats rear about my ego. Nor was I calling anyone out for not doing it. I said and I will say this again is a real man unable to do things that my be uncofortable for the delight of a small girl? Why do I let her? Maybe its because the only child in the entire complex, maybe its because it really doesn't bother me if she paints my toenails since I wear work boots most of the time, or just maybe its something to pass the time when its 118 in shade and she wants to be inside hanging with her very old father

This is what burns me about what you wrote: "So you think you are a real man, macho and ready to take on the world, but can you set all that aside for a precious little soul that you care and love?"

You bet I feel like a real man and I don't need to cross dress to prove it (see how ridiculous it sounds?) I feel like a real man every time my son asks for chocolate like the other kids and I have to tell him he can't have it because of his Diabetes, and he understands and loves me just as much as before I said no.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Hey Mate,
Happy Father's day. I sincerly mean that. I think it is great that you interact with your daughter that way. I don't have any but my former fiancee had 2 grandchildren. They would run past her to get to me, usually knocking me down. Enjoy the time you have with her and kudos for putting up with the nail polish.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join