It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is for you "men" out there

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I made it very clear in the OP why I wrote it and the reason for the title

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

I fail to see the purpose of your post... bottom line you feel like a man because you don't care what other think... good for you...

is that it, or do you have a point? you have a daughter and you spend time with her... and?

so for us men out there that don't conform to your idea of what a true man... we somehow wont be real men?

Grow up. I can't believe you got so many stars and flags for an opinion with so little based information.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

Well, I know I'm a man and do the same things for my girls,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you keep it up GREAT JOB DAD!!!!
edit on 19-6-2011 by kbogard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
should any father do otherwise? i mean aren't you suppose to be that way?

ummm....no

It might be a good idea for a father to let his 6 year old play with finger polish, but it would mean more for him to tell her, that all of that can be very superficial as well. Tell her a "real" man will value her for her intelligence..and how well she can budget her money.

Too many fathers are indulging the "little princess" syndrome, and trust me these girls can grow up to want the biggest wedding, the biggest house,and all the trimmings. They are taught that a "real" man will give it to them, even if he has to work 18 hours a day for it.

I think its wonderful a father spends time with his daughter..and I encourage them to do so. My dad taught me how to count and add, by teaching me crib...he taught me how to throw and catch a ball, as well as "nail" it with a bat. He took me swimming ,taught me how to ride a bike, and many other life lessons. Never once did he let me "do " his hair ,or paint his toes , but I sure remember what he did teach me. All very valuable to me as a kid.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I have seen threads that don't have a point. They get like 1 response.

If this thread has no point, how did it get to 5 pages.

the point that this thread has made for itself unwittingly is to strike a nerve with all those that are not comfortable with the way they were raised or the way they raise their kids.

I have made a profile chart for a dozen members here who could not keep their insecurities close to their chest.

for 50 euros i can tell you where you stand

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam
reply to post by gabby2011

In order for you to hit a nerve would require you to have some sort of power over me, and I hate to tell you this, that just isn't possible.

Yes, I did call you a troll, like all trolls you either read want you wanted read so that you could start thed insenuations in order to extract some emotional response or you have some deep seated emotional bagagge that you can't control and feel the end to bring others down with you.

Either way, you have failed.

hmmm..wrong again. Just because I dare call a spade a spade doesn't put me in the category of having a bunch of emotional baggage.

Sorry ..you failed..again.
edit on 19-6-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Originally posted by DOADOA
should any father do otherwise? i mean aren't you suppose to be that way?

ummm....no

It might be a good idea for a father to let his 6 year old play with finger polish, but it would mean more for him to tell her, that all of that can be very superficial as well. Tell her a "real" man will value her for her intelligence..and how well she can budget her money.

Too many fathers are indulging the "little princess" syndrome, and trust me these girls can grow up to want the biggest wedding, the biggest house,and all the trimmings. They are taught that a "real" man will give it to them, even if he has to work 18 hours a day for it.

I think its wonderful a father spends time with his daughter..and I encourage them to do so. My dad taught me how to count and add, by teaching me crib...he taught me how to throw and catch a ball, as well as "nail" it with a bat. He took me swimming ,taught me how to ride a bike, and many other life lessons. Never once did he let me "do " his hair ,or paint his toes , but I sure remember what he did teach me. All very valuable to me as a kid.

Well put. Thank you. I can tell you had a great father because YOU are the one telling us how wonderful he is. I only hope the OP can learn that valuable lesson. A real man's arms are too short to pat himself on the back.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0288796

Originally posted by Manhater

I'm getting to that old age and my dad still treats me like a kid. Kudos to you and don't ever give it up. I would be lost without my dad and wouldn't know how to make it on my own. I am glad that he's here with me. You're a real man and don't let anyone tell you any different. Happy Father's Day.
edit on 19-6-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

He's not a real man. A real man and father doesn't need to broadcast on an internet forum or anywhere else what he does for his children. The children's actions and personality should speak loud enough for everyone to hear. The OP wants attention and a bunch of attaboys. Sad really.

ETA: "I'm a single father of a wonderfully bright 6 year old girl..." That's the only comment he made about his daughter as far as a compliment goes. The rest of the post is all about him and how much a "father" he is.
edit on 19-6-2011 by 0288796 because: (no reason given)

You ever think to yourself what your kids think about you? Maybe he's thinking the same way. Come on, what guy wants his nails polished? I put my dad through heck, but never got his nails polished. It is funny though.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Happy Fathers Day

Enjoy every single moment of time you have with your child. As they get older they will spend more time with thier friends and will have their own life. I have three, 19,18,16. I have enjoyed everything Ive done with them, they grow so fast and before you know it, your not the center of their life.Good job Dad she will remember these things you do for her though you wont think so while shes going through her teenage years,lol

Bill

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I put my dad through heck, but never got his nails polished. It is funny though.

I bet the OP doesn't think your dad was a real man then

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
As much as I think your a good father....

I also get the vibe that your budding transvestite...not saying that you ARE...but it is kindah weird and people will think strange things...it would probably make life easier in the future if you didnt go to such extreme lengths to indulge you daughter...

unless you are getting a kick out of it?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

You ever think to yourself what your kids think about you? Maybe he's thinking the same way. Come on, what guy wants his nails polished? I put my dad through heck, but never got his nails polished. It is funny though.

There are men out there who get off on getting their nails polished. Some just because they are very picky with their hands ,and some who secretly enjoy cross dressing.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I put my dad through heck, but never got his nails polished. It is funny though.

I don't care what you think of my dad. But, I have the best father in the world that people would be jealous of. Uh, what the heck is OP?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

I think the point of his post was he casually mentioned on another thread something his kid was doing and he got insulted for it like he wasn't a real man, and this post is his "say whut? reaction to such a silly insinuation. That's all. He isn't saying men who don't aren't real men, but real men don't slam other men for letting their kids have a bit of innocent fun with dear old dad, even if means dad gets used as a makeup mannequin.

And here some people go dog piling on the poor guy and psycho analyzing him and pulling out the old crystal ball and predicting his daughter will end up a bitter spinster, doomed to be disappointed if her dates don't let her put nail polish on them.

How silly. Why are so many people so darned serious about trifles these days? Kudos to anyone who spends time with their kids. Play is very important. It shows you are willing to meet your kid halfway on their level and relate to how they see the world. It's not spoiling them to do that and it doesn't mean one is surrendering their parental authority forevermore.

Oh well have fun you all and have a Happy Father's Day. My husband is with our daughter putting the finishing touches on our rec room remodel. I'll be in there in a few minutes to clean up after them and put the toys back in. And then, we are all going to play! Tea party with the stuffed animals!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I don't care what you think of my dad. But, I have the best father in the world that people would be jealous of. Uh, what the heck is OP?

I wasn't attacking your dad. OP is the original poster. He seems to think a real man would wear makeup and get his nails polished for his daughter. I'm on your dad's side. There's no need for makeup and polish.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
You guys... he was just posting about how he loves his daughter and does more than a lot of fathers would do in the same situation. And all you guys want to do is argue, call him a creepy ego maniac wanting attention, and say hes treating his daughter wrong. Makes me chuckle.

He is not spoiling his daughter, you guys assume because she has done this a few times that she does it every day of the week or something. You should not assume such dumb things. How could you think logically and assume he lets her do this a few times a week and goes to the store afterwards for some creepy attention fetish? Oh yeah, I forget... my bad, people would rather think he is a creepy dad who likes being in girly make up in public for the attention, then a real dad.

Even the ATS "society" is just like real life, except more smarter and level headed people, but the fools are still here. They bash you for being different, or questioning what they believe. Even if what they believe is that the giant spaghetti monster does not like parmesan cheese, when he obviously does. Only a stupid ignorant terrorist guy who hates facebook and texting would not like parmesan cheese!

Who hates parmesan cheese? Probably terrorists. Yeah, and internet hackers, they are just as bad as people who kill little kids and have their heads as trophies. Well, I wonder why the hackers keep attacking the banks and other international money companies. Dude, get back on facebook already, ITS BEEN ONE MINUTE WTF!!!! Sorry, i'll get back to wasting my time on talking to people I do not even really know and think of ways to get high while probably scarring my body for life in the meantime. Yeah dude, if you do that, you'll like, be so, like cool!

Anyways, at OP, I admire what you do for your daughter, I really do. I do not have any kids, but I have taken care of a lot. And they can really be a pain in the ass, mostly because of lazy parenting, I don't like to bash people, but a lot of parents nowadays are horrible, just plain bad parents.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
If you are happy doing all these weird things for your daughter, good for you.

But please do not try and take a sly dig at fathers who do not want to emasculate themselves by having to wear make up or play dress up, like some p-whipped men just to please their little daughters or to be considered "real men".

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Good grief are you for real? Do you have a little girl? Some of them will paint or apply glitter to anything that breathes. We have seen our sweet natured kitty decked out in beads, a small hat and sunglasses. I hope you don't mean to imply my cat is a transvestite!
And before anyone attack ME, don't worry the cat was perfectly able to walk off if it bothered him. Nor would I permit that to go on if he indicated it distressed him. He is one of those cats with a power purr and loves attention. We have more than one cat and respect their personalities.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
reply to post by FoxStriker

I think the point of his post was he casually mentioned on another thread something his kid was doing and he got insulted for it like he wasn't a real man, and this post is his "say whut? reaction to such a silly insinuation. That's all. He isn't saying men who don't aren't real men, but real men don't slam other men for letting their kids have a bit of innocent fun with dear old dad, even if means dad gets used as a makeup mannequin.

Then he should mention that its in response to another thread... hell, a real man would have won the arguement on the original thread, not retreat and start another thread with no explanation.

And here some people go dog piling on the poor guy and psycho analyzing him and pulling out the old crystal ball and predicting his daughter will end up a bitter spinster, doomed to be disappointed if her dates don't let her put nail polish on them.

With good recourse to do so, if anything his OP was egotistical and insulting to other men, how about the men that stuck around for the relationship for the sake of their kids instead of leaving... what about those real men?

His Thread is arrogant... bottom line

How silly. Why are so many people so darned serious about trifles these days? Kudos to anyone who spends time with their kids. Play is very important. It shows you are willing to meet your kid halfway on their level and relate to how they see the world. It's not spoiling them to do that and it doesn't mean one is surrendering their parental authority forevermore.

What the OP is looking for is a pat on the back, (Which I have no problem with) but don't insult others about your definition of a femine man as the say all real man. Who cares? apperently many who don't like being insulted by men with tinkerbell wallets

Oh well have fun you all and have a Happy Father's Day. My husband is with our daughter putting the finishing touches on our rec room remodel. I'll be in there in a few minutes to clean up after them and put the toys back in. And then, we are all going to play! Tea party with the stuffed animals!

Happy Father's Day to you too

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AalphaA
If you are happy doing all these weird things for your daughter, good for you.

But please do not try and take a sly dig at fathers who do not want to emasculate themselves by having to wear make up or play dress up, like some p-whipped men just to please their little daughters or to be considered "real men".

It seems you see things like I do.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join