It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is for you "men" out there

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by 0288796

ETA: I just reread his last sentence in the OP. So we're not real men if we don't let our daughters paint us up like women? Is that what you're trying to imply?

I sort of got the jest of it in that way. I hope not.

Having fun occasionally with your kids,and being a kid yourself is healthy, but to let the child feel they have control over everything during play time, and then to march the father off to the store at will seems to be letting a 6 year old have way too much power. That's why I'm thinking the dad secretly enjoys the attention ,and the weird stares ,or he wouldn't so willingly go along with it..especially in pretense of being some kind of great father for doing it. That is not great parenting to me , and adults who "let "children call all the shots are actually doing them a grave error.

edit on 19-6-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

yes it seems more reasonable to do what I did as Mom...let them do my hair and make both of of us all colorful, but when we are heading to town, we both clean the stuff off and get...normal...we don't go to town looking like Halloween except on Halloween. Good time there to explain the expections of a society and why we make the effort to fit in.
My husband simply explained that guys don't like to wear nail polish etc she did him up like an indian on the war path..no he would never go into town like that and I would not have wanted her to think he would.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by b3l13v3
Attention

Those of you derailing the subject of the OP and attempting to crucify him for being himself need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

Is there really anything wrong with letting a child be a child? At what point does one finally have to let go of their conceived perception of reality and allow others to act as they wish without assaulting them?

It is quite apparent the majority of posters on this thread understand that OP is a completely great person, with a big heart and a unconditional love for his daughter. You should all understand this, and accept that it is complete divinity in which no doctrine can teach, it is the voice of his soul and he is listening to it. I think many of these negative posters could learn from the OP a great deal about their own insecurities and egotistical rampages.

How is it even possible for you posters to attack the OP? How do you sleep at night?

You individuals are the exact thing you despise, you are the NWO, you are the Illuminati, and you should wake up and smell the coffee. Stop living in your shells.

OP, you are a completely great person and I will ensure to follow through as you have in my future children's development.

edit on 19-6-2011 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)

Amen to that, well worded.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 0288796

I stand corrected, I went and read the exchange again and what he said was "that would never happen to me, I'm a man"

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

geez people needed to feel good about something today didnt they?
glad you could play the role...

no star or flag from me.
you have a kid,you look after it PRETTY SIMPLE!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0288796

Originally posted by NuroSlam
reply to post by 0288796

Really, for the life of me I don't see where there is any actual crossdressing going on here. I don't think that anyone seeing me like that would believe I'm, doing as such

As for as cross dressing to be a real man, i never said anything of sort. perhaps so lessons in the english language might aide a few here.

Aren't the titles of posts suppose to grab attention to the body of the post? The post was to all but because someone said a real man wouldn't my point was indeed they would. If you happen to be offended, well, sorry to say but that's all you buddy

It's all good what you do with you daughter and I find no fault with it (not that it matters what I think). But none of what you've done makes you a real man. Wait until you have to handle unimaginable adversity...when it's not about how people will look at you...when it's about how you handle a potentially life altering event...or when you have no choice but to break your little girls heart and have to fight back your tears. I don't mean to sound rude, but you get no kudos from me for doing exactly what your daughter wants.

You speak the truth. Some decisions involving the better interests of our children will in fact break their hearts. In turn, we also greive for them.

After the smoke clears, we know whether we truly made the right decision. (after all, parenting does not come with a unique handbook for each individual child). It is durimg those times that we realize just how embedded into our commitment as parents, we really are.

Off topic... ATS mobile sucks...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 0288796

It's all good what you do with you daughter and I find no fault with it (not that it matters what I think). But none of what you've done makes you a real man. Wait until you have to handle unimaginable adversity...when it's not about how people will look at you...when it's about how you handle a potentially life altering event...or when you have no choice but to break your little girls heart and have to fight back your tears. I don't mean to sound rude, but you get no kudos from me for doing exactly what your daughter wants.

How do you know what this person has experienced in his life? What if he's dealt with multiple life altering events? Can you give me a count, since you seem to know, of how many times this dad has had to break his little girls heart? ( I think I know your answer on that one - HE never has had to! I have though!)

You also state none of what he has done makes him a real man. It doesn't? Is he a fake man?

Please also tell me what this man does for a living, how much he makes, what diseases he is curently fighting, when and how his family died, who murdered them and all the other little details you seem to know...because for someone who seems to be pretty darn sure this is fight to pick, and sadly it comes down to the cry me a river argument - "Well, you just wait until you have to deal with what I had to deal with..." got news for you. Many people have it a lot worse than you do but aren't so obvious with it -

It sounds like you are bitter for having life altering events - newscheck - EVERYONE has them - EVERYONE.

Sounds again like you have had some pretty bad things happen to you and now you go about looking down on everyone because you just can't seem to understand that hey, it's called life - and often it sucks.

I am no better than anyone else just because I've endured hell to keep my 5 year old alive. But one thing I have learned, is that more people than not have suffered similar fates and to think we are MEN because we dealt with what was handed to us is stupid. I was a man before and now. I am just a lot more tired than I was 3 years ago...

The guy loves his daughter...why are you so upset with him?

CJ

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by questcequecest

humans are not "it"s. You do not have children, obviously.

CJ

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

What a post my friend, out freakin standing!

A great visual of unconditional love you wrote there!

Hmm.. well, If it's our junk that should be the keeper of our emotions, or I should say emotions that may socially contradict, then may I call you John Holmes 2?

Again, great post my friend.

Take care and keep on loving your baby bro!.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Your husband was wrong about the nail polish part, sorry. Do you know who the wealthiest baseball player is ever? His name is Alex Rodrigues. Pretty macho sport, right? Guess what a guy named A-Rod has on? MMMhmm. Nail polish.

There is a term that I've always wondered about called "Metro-Sexual". You may choose to close your eyes or pretend is isn't happening, but manicures, pedicures and yes, nail painting, is IN with MANY MANY men.

I have no dog in that hunt, I'll keep my comments to myself. But I do find it interesting; what is one persons absoute (Men dont wear that) is often exactly the opposite elsewhere...

So that was an opinion said to your daughter, not a fact. Facts are scary sometimes.

CJ

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by 0288796

How do you know what this person has experienced in his life? What if he's dealt with multiple life altering events? Can you give me a count, since you seem to know, of how many times this dad has had to break his little girls heart? ( I think I know your answer on that one - HE never has had to! I have though!)

You also state none of what he has done makes him a real man. It doesn't? Is he a fake man?

Please also tell me what this man does for a living, how much he makes, what diseases he is curently fighting, when and how his family died, who murdered them and all the other little details you seem to know...because for someone who seems to be pretty darn sure this is fight to pick, and sadly it comes down to the cry me a river argument - "Well, you just wait until you have to deal with what I had to deal with..." got news for you. Many people have it a lot worse than you do but aren't so obvious with it -

It sounds like you are bitter for having life altering events - newscheck - EVERYONE has them - EVERYONE.

Sounds again like you have had some pretty bad things happen to you and now you go about looking down on everyone because you just can't seem to understand that hey, it's called life - and often it sucks.

I am no better than anyone else just because I've endured hell to keep my 5 year old alive. But one thing I have learned, is that more people than not have suffered similar fates and to think we are MEN because we dealt with what was handed to us is stupid. I was a man before and now. I am just a lot more tired than I was 3 years ago...

The guy loves his daughter...why are you so upset with him?

CJ

I don't need to know a single thing about the OP. His whole point was the painting of his toes and makeup etc. made him a real man. He is wrong. I don't need the internet to make me feel like a good man/father like the OP does. Funny....people tell him not to care what the naysayers think, yet he should care what his supporters think. It's all about his ego.

So since you seem to be able to psychoanalyze me, why don't you tell me more about myself? Please tell me what I do for a living, how much I make, what diseases I am currently fighting, when and how my family died, who murdered them and all the other little details you seem to know. You say I sound bitter? I say the OP sounds self absorbed.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
reply to post by Sinny

Good grief are you for real? Do you have a little girl? Some of them will paint or apply glitter to anything that breathes. We have seen our sweet natured kitty decked out in beads, a small hat and sunglasses. I hope you don't mean to imply my cat is a transvestite!
And before anyone attack ME, don't worry the cat was perfectly able to walk off if it bothered him. Nor would I permit that to go on if he indicated it distressed him. He is one of those cats with a power purr and loves attention. We have more than one cat and respect their personalities.

What I like to see in a Father to a girl, is a guy who doesn't mind doing the Man things with her, taking her to a game, teaching her to throw and catch and other things that he would normaly probably do with a boy or another man, that way she learns about the masculine stuff of life and learns a little balance, she will get plenty of the hair and makeup stuff as she goes through girlhood with friends and other females.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Your husband was wrong about the nail polish part, sorry.
CJ

Who in the world do you think you are? You will never be in a position to judge that lady's husband.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

Happy Father's Day. I am in a very similar boat, lol.

Sounds like your a great father. Screw what other people think, because the relationship and bond you make with your daughter now, will last a lifetime.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Your husband was wrong about the nail polish part, sorry. Do you know who the wealthiest baseball player is ever? His name is Alex Rodrigues. Pretty macho sport, right? Guess what a guy named A-Rod has on? MMMhmm. Nail polish.

CJ

You mean the same A-Rod that admitted to using illegal performance enhancing drugs because he wasn't man enough to compete clean?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I am sickened by many parents today. I wonder if they actually realize the life of the little child they literally hold in their hands. Their actions and everything they say and do will be modeled by that child. Parents are unwilling to give up their lifestyles to ensure that their child will have it better than they do.

I'm not afraid to say it how it is. Smokers, your child will most likely smoke, those who suck off the tit of the government, your child will do the same, those who make "the big game" or wealth more important than spending time with your child, the poor little soul will reap exactly what you sow, parents who "fell out of love" and so they divorced will see the continuation of "not satisfied, dump the spouse and not work on the marriage" mentality. Parents who push their children so hard to excel in sports and academics just so they can get the free ride to college will look back and wish they'd invested that much effort in loving their child. I could go on and on but realize your children will be you and you are the beginning of the legacy that your children will also create!

Kudos to this father who has a heart for his daughter and allows her to express herself in a beautiful way.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
[
edit on 19-6-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I have missed my dad so much today, and your post reminded me of the things that made my late dad such an awesome man. He was busy working a lot when I was a kid, but he always managed to spend time with us when he was home. We jumped onto his back as he lay in bed reading us books that he had read so often that he changing the words to make them funny. As we grew, he talked with us while working in the yard. Talking with us rather than talking to or at us. That makes such a big difference to kids and how they respond to advice. I probably would never have even ventured onto this website if it hadn't been for the interests he gave me in various areas during my younger years. He made me and my brother individuals instead of crowd followers.
Whenever I was a young mother, I lived at home with my parents. My dad allowed my young daughter to put make-up on him and do his hair(whenever the chemo was over and it grew back) too. He never let it hurt his male ego although, I believe that he may not have allowed this when he was a younger man . Two bone marrow transplants and many rounds of chemo allowed him to see life from a totally new perspective. One where old stereotypes of what makes a man a man and what just seems important in life fell away leaving behind all that really matters.
Your daughter is so lucky to have a great and caring father. So many children don't. God bless all those great parents on here and in the world!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 0288796

My point exactly. I know nothing about you. You however seem to know quite a bit. The Op made a post. You took offence to what was pretty harmless, and decided to add the "you don't know what it's like until" statements. You are making assumptions based on nothing. Read what you wrote and again, because you TELL the OP in no uncertain terms, that this isn't being a man - real life changes make you a man...If this is true, I guarentee you, based upon your post (see this is fun) I am WAYYY more of a man than you. I have experienced things you could only have thought were in nightmares. Lots of dead family here...but I would never think to say something like that to someone - your theory is my life sucks so I must make everyone else's suck around me. Way to take a nice thought on father's day and run it into the ground because your definition of a real man is not the same. Sounds like you'd be a blast to BBQ with.

CJ

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 0288796

Yes, that A-Rod. Pretty famous macho steroid abuser AND nail polish wearer...

CJ

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

reply to post by 0288796

My point exactly. I know nothing about you. You however seem to know quite a bit. The Op made a post. You took offence to what was pretty harmless, and decided to add the "you don't know what it's like until" statements. You are making assumptions based on nothing. Read what you wrote and again, because you TELL the OP in no uncertain terms, that this isn't being a man - real life changes make you a man...If this is true, I guarentee you, based upon your post (see this is fun) I am WAYYY more of a man than you. I have experienced things you could only have thought were in nightmares. Lots of dead family here...but I would never think to say something like that to someone - your theory is my life sucks so I must make everyone else's suck around me. Way to take a nice thought on father's day and run it into the ground because your definition of a real man is not the same. Sounds like you'd be a blast to BBQ with.

CJ

You clearly have not read and understood my posts. No biggie. Others have and see where I'm coming from. But I have learned somethings from you.

1) Buy my son a baseball bat with cork in it so he can be like Sammy Sosa
2) Buy my son an expandable helmet so when his head grows from HGH he can be just like Barry Bonds
3) Make sure he has a Boy George poster in his room

I'm having fun with you because you're grasping at straws to make a failed point by bringing up A-Rod. No offense. I'm the life of the BBQ actually!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join