It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is for you "men" out there

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Tursup

Anyways, at OP, I admire what you do for your daughter, I really do. I do not have any kids, but I have taken care of a lot. And they can really be a pain in the ass, mostly because of lazy parenting, I don't like to bash people, but a lot of parents nowadays are horrible, just plain bad parents.

Oh..and you are a childcare worker? funny how they always blame the parents for out of control behavior...yet you pat this guy on the back for allowing his child to use him as a makeup dummy, then trot him off to the store.

All I'm saying is that there are some very valuable lessons you can be teaching your daughter through playing,and if he doesn't have a whole lot of dad time with her,as he stated, why is he wasting it doing this? He himself said that she is the one who likes to take him to the store after..so it happened more than once.

For a father who has so little time with his daughter ,maybe he should try reading with her,teaching her guitar, teach her to write her own lyrics....I mean I can see once with the make up , but it does seem to be a "usual" thing for them to do.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0288796

Originally posted by Manhater

Originally posted by 0288796

Originally posted by Manhater
I put my dad through heck, but never got his nails polished. It is funny though.

I bet the OP doesn't think your dad was a real man then

I don't care what you think of my dad. But, I have the best father in the world that people would be jealous of. Uh, what the heck is OP?

I wasn't attacking your dad. OP is the original poster. He seems to think a real man would wear makeup and get his nails polished for his daughter. I'm on your dad's side. There's no need for makeup and polish.

If I ever asked my dad too, he would do it, because I asked. So, I think he's a real man. asking for a confirmation is not asking for too much.

Thanks for definition of the OP.
edit on 19-6-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker

Then he should mention that its in response to another thread... hell, a real man would have won the arguement on the original thread, not retreat and start another thread with no explanation.

A real man would have won the argument in the real world. If the OP is such a "real man", let him confront face to face in the real world the guys who are mocking him (if indeed they were).

I agree with your post entirely.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
trolls can be good fathers too btw.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Any child I'll raise will know there's more to life than glitter and pretty things...even at that age, I'll also not let them think it's normal for men to go around dressed as women. But thats just my belief, but many more may feel the same and I wouldnt knowingly exspose any child to that kind of predudice.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

With good recourse to do so, if anything his OP was egotistical and insulting to other men, how about the men that stuck around for the relationship for the sake of their kids instead of leaving... what about those real men?

Very good point. There are many good fathers out there doing the daily grind for their children. When their kids get in trouble ,they don't agree, but they stand by them,and try to point them in the right direction. There are many kinds of fathers, and to all of you dads trying your best...I wish you ALL a Happy Fathers day.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

That is beyond cute, it's awesome! To spend time with your daughter, and showing your love to her is the bravest thing any man can do.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Wow, you have got some good hair genes there buddy..............that is one gorgeous head of hair straight or curly!

At least you tried.

Word of warning, be real careful with a curling iron, very careful - they can damage your hair quite easily. really watch the time and don't use too high of heat too long.

The next one is for putting on make up

I don't know if this a help, but I just googled "how to darn a sock" and got a real good video (put it up on ATS) about how to repair a sock..........survival skills

Now, next time, you and your daughter find you need to learn how to do something, anything, try Googling it.........honest to god I got a video on how to darn a friggin sock, I'm set for life now with my 15 pair of soft wooly socks I never want to part with.

This video will come in handy for everyone.

Everyone should know how to darn a sock...........save those old woolen sweaters or scarves you can dismantle them for the wool.

I have googled, how to hang a door, how to prepare a wall for painting, how to paint a wall, how to refinish a deck, how to take care of lavender plants, gardening.....................need to learn something, anything Google it.

edit on 19-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Okay I gotta go do work on the rec room now, but before I go, let me say it really is sad to see so many people reacting defensively and getting so serious and reading so much into the original post. It almost seems with some of the responses that people are projecting their own insecurities out there. Like I rarely now react to all the discussions on ATS about what a real woman is supposed to be like. I realized letting that rot get under my skin means I'm not secure with the kind of woman I am. So I now read those posts for giggles but I go on being who I am.

I guess the OP should have let that original insult bypass him, and maybe he feels a bit of sting and wants some affirmation. Maybe...who am I to get in his brain and say I know anything for a fact about his motivations and intentions. Whatever. I'm willing to spot a single dad who cares a pat on the back. It's a hard job and we parents need to stick together. That's why I won't bother attacking the other parents who attacked the OP. We are all in this job together. We do the best we can with what we can bring to the table.

There is no universal definition of a real man, from what I can see. Be who you are. Be the best you can be at whatever you choose to do. If letting little daughters paint your nails just isn't your thing, fine, don't do it and do whatever is. But calling a guy p-whipped...what does that mean anyway? It's one persons definition derived from how they see the world and based on their own experiences. Who is to say the OP doesn't have an entirely different and possibly positive experience with women and therefore feels happy and secure doing this for his daughter?
edit on 19-6-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Typos

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

Yep. And coming on the internet and insinuating that any man that won't cross dress in public for their daughter isn't a real man, is a cowardly thing to do.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
Who is to say the OP doesn't have an entirely different and possibly positive experience with women and therefore feels happy and secure doing this for his daughter?
edit on 19-6-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Typos

Who is to say the OP is really even a father?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander

That is beyond cute, it's awesome! To spend time with your daughter, and showing your love to her is the bravest thing any man can do.

hunh??? OMG ...now its a BRAVE thing to be a father ,and spend time with your kid...

This is going too far.....they are brave because they let their child put make up on them....good grief..some people really know how to take the meaning out of words.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
To OP:

Thanks for sharing...as a father of a 2 year old daughter I can relate to some of that.....don't have to worry about nail polish yet however..lol.

Hope all the dad's out there had a great father's day.

There's nothing better than being a Dad.

edit on 19-6-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Okay I gotta go do work on the rec room now, but before I go, let me say it really is sad to see so many people reacting defensively and getting so serious and reading so much into the original post.

Sad? You have got to be kidding me... did you even read the post in its entirety...

HIS POST IS NOT ABOUT SPENDING TIME WITH HIS DAUGHTER OR ANYTHING REGARDING HER. the OP mentions his daughter because he want to justify his arguement. Hell, its not even about being a father on fathers day.

IT'S about him wanting to be reasured that he's a man... thats it. He want revenge for being mocked by other men...

and no offence to the OP, but thats not a definition of a real man in any situation... its the last refuge of a coward... To insult other men who are not like you... which is the very arguement he's argueing. Thats Sad
edit on 6/19/2011 by FoxStriker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker

Okay I gotta go do work on the rec room now, but before I go, let me say it really is sad to see so many people reacting defensively and getting so serious and reading so much into the original post.

Sad? You have got to be kidding me... did you even read the post in its entirety...

HIS POST IS NOT ABOUT SPENDING TIME WITH HIS DAUGHTER OR ANYTHING REGARDING HER. the OP mentions his daughter because he want to justify his arguement. Hell, its not even about being a father on fathers day.

IT'S about him wanting to be reasured that he's a man... thats it. He want revenge for being mocked by other men...

and no offence to the OP, but thats not a definition of a real man in any situation... its the last refuge of a coward... To insult other men who are not like you... which is the very arguement he's argueing. Thats Sad
edit on 6/19/2011 by FoxStriker because: (no reason given)

FoxStriker you seems to have understood completely.

He can do whatever he wants with his daughter. Just don't think he's a better man or father because he cross dresses.
edit on 19-6-2011 by 0288796 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

His daughter will grow up knowing she is valued and loved for being who she is, and she won't succumb to scumbags that want to treat her like dirt, all because her dad let her be herself.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
Happy Fathers day, but I would not walk out the door painted up like that. Inside the home is one thing. I think unwanted attention is unwanted.. But again, happy fathers day!

Deebo

I would. It's all about caring or not caring what others think of you.... I don't care... 99% of the people you see on any given day are complete strangers you will likely never see again, so why care what they think?

I am a guy and I wish to say to the OP. Good job, dad!

Keep it up!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam
So its father's day today and I have to work 18 hours. You do what you have to do to support your children. I try not to mince words and tend to speak my mind.

I'm a single father of a wonderfully bright 6 year old girl that I will give my life for if I need to. When shes here with me, I let her be a kid, something I don't see a lot of parents do any more. Like most little girls, she likes to dress up, the big gaudy jewellery, princess gowns etc. She also likes to play with make-up and nail polish. While I'm not to happy about the whole Disney indoctrination of girls, I am but one of two parents with limited time to instill in her the values that I hold dear.

From the age of four she has put make up on me, painted my nails, put horribly awful looking stuff in my hair with a true sense of glee. Its not uncommon for her to want to walk to the store to get a snack after this happens. Now, after two years I can honestly say I have never dreaded walking out the door like this, I don't care what people think of me one bit so I just roll with it. I do pay attention to the reactions of those around me though, and I find it very amusing. "Men" snicker and giggle like little school girls when I brandish my Tinkerbell wallet she gave me for fathers day 2 years ago. They look at me like I am out of my mind with 6 different colors of nail polish on. In fact I'm writing this because I made a post saying I got distracted while having my toenails painted to explain my forgetting to link to a site in an OP. The one reply was "I'm a man, that would never happen to me"

The women's reactions are exactly the opposite, they say how cute, how great of a dad I am that I would allow her to do these things and not worry about anyone else's actions. I have in fact scored a couple of dates!

So you think you are a real man, macho and ready to take on the world, but can you set all that aside for a precious little soul that you care and love?
edit on 19-6-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

I read this to my 13 yo wrestling, team roping, biathelete and he said same thing as his 6'5'' 250 lbs, judo competitor father, volunteer firefighter dad, "you're a great dad! And cool as hell." Screw these wanna be, TapOut wearing, tattooed, loudmouth, wish they were one percenter, buttheads. Most of them are latent homosexuals who have never been a real fight much less ever done anything as remotely noble as being a good dad.

I've trained in boxing, Judo, wrestling, Sambo, and now BJJ since I was nine. Most of the peacocking dips**ts in their TapOut gear or wearing their favorite college jersey running their mouth to you ain't got a clue how to be a dad or make their wives really smile.

Real men watch "My little Pony" with their daughters. (They don't pick fights with some guy being a good dad)
S&F You rock OP.
edit on 19-6-2011 by traderjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I say you are an awesome dad and a real man for honoring you daughter's creative self and showing the world what she means to you. She has learned that she is valued, cherrished and loved by your actions, and she will never end up with scum because her dad showed her that he cares about her choices. Wish more men out there were like you. Some of the posts on this thread challenging you are rediculous, but I can tell you are the kind of guy that it won't bother. Happy Father's Day to you!!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsaying

I say you are an awesome dad and a real man for honoring you daughter's creative self and showing the world what she means to you. She has learned that she is valued, cherrished and loved by your actions, and she will never end up with scum because her dad showed her that he cares about her choices. Wish more men out there were like you. Some of the posts on this thread challenging you are rediculous, but I can tell you are the kind of guy that it won't bother. Happy Father's Day to you!!!!

The OP is a troll. He thinks he's more of a man than everyone else because he chooses to cross dress for his daughter. He can do whatever he wants for her, but it doesn't make him better than anyone else no matter how much he wants that confirmation.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join